Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

No Irish Need Imply posted:

Sanity's music sucks.

It's like the first and third notes of a Meshuggah song.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Eltoasto posted:

I really like the women's match buildup in that the Aussie ladies are in the way of the two crazy women.

And the show ended with the two Aussies going,"Asuka is designed to hurt..... :aaa: SHE'S DESIGNED TO HURT! :gonk:"

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
I've said it before, Sanity's theme is the grimdark remix of Primus's 'My Name is Mud'.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

I was kind of apathetic towards Takeover but then I saw the Nakamura/Roode hype video and now I'm on board

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=etIQag9WWF0

SpiritOfSanDimas
Oct 31, 2012

I dont watch NXT regularly, has La Sombra been a basically a lower card job guy ever since they got him? If so lol

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

Nah he's a midcard heel. His match with Roddy on Saturday should be cool.

freud mayweather
Jan 29, 2009

SpiritOfSanDimas posted:

I dont watch NXT regularly, has La Sombra been a basically a lower card job guy ever since they got him? If so lol

They brought him in as a face, which was very close to "DIE ROCKY DIE" awful, but he's been great since turning. If Nakamura retains, I'd bet on Cien to be the next challenger.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

SpiritOfSanDimas posted:

He semi main evented in Houston last night versus Towaza.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
??? https://twitter.com/WWE_Murphy/status/825012400365719552

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
Well you know what they say about Australians

RacistGuidingLight
Apr 5, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

achillesforever6 posted:

Well you know what they say about Australians

They talk funny and have dumb opinions about most everything.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

No, Murphy. Please don't go full Alex Riley Murphy. It's not worth it Murphy. Listen to some dubstep and chill Murphy.

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

Blake and Murphy had an awful match at the NXT house show I went to. It was one of the worst matches I've seen live and I've been to a few Hoodslam events

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

Jenkem Delivery posted:

Blake and Murphy had an awful match at the NXT house show I went to. It was one of the worst matches I've seen live and I've been to a few Hoodslam events
That's probably on Blake since Murphy is a pretty good wrestler

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

schweens
Jan 14, 2011

kakarot ain't got shit on me

I expect the women's match to be the best on this show. Still not a huge fan of Royce and Kay but Asuka and Nikki will bring the best out of them. DIY vs Authors of Pain should be good.

I'm interested in Nakamura/Roode just to see if they beat the expectation of a forgettable match.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

Almas vs. Roddy could be a great match if it's given time and they are told to go all out. They might do that if it's the first match on the show.

I have no idea what Nakamura-Roode will end up being, I kind of think that it will be a solid match that pales in comparison to every other Takeover main event.

21 Hoot Salute
Feb 8, 2005

Night-time, turn around
Lonely is the city tonight
Night-time, all around
Lonely in the city tonight

9 hours of WWE this weekend. :stare:

Cool

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

I forgot this was happening

RacistGuidingLight
Apr 5, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
pissssssss

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

21 Hoot Salute posted:

9 hours of WWE this weekend. :stare:

Cool

I only count six, maybe six and a half depending on how long takeover goes, how are you getting to nine?

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

IcePhoenix posted:

I only count six, maybe six and a half depending on how long takeover goes, how are you getting to nine?
Pre/Post shows probably

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

RealFoxy posted:

Pre/Post shows probably

but why would anyone watch those

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

RealFoxy posted:

Pre/Post shows probably

Probably more like 10 if you count runovers.

Kvantum
Feb 5, 2006
Skee-entist

9 hours of TV probably isn't as bad as like 11 hours of actually going to both events live. I'm finding out this weekend, one way or the other.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Nigel is on the preshow panel for takeover tomorrow

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

sportsgenius86 posted:

Nigel is on the preshow panel for takeover tomorrow

Oh awesome, I wonder if they're looking to shift him into more commentary based on how well he did in the UK Tournament.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Jerusalem posted:

Oh awesome, I wonder if they're looking to shift him into more commentary based on how well he did in the UK Tournament.

Rovert posted they were going to move Graves and Phillips off NXT so maybe he'll join Watson and some new pbp guy.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

I legit forgot they brought Percy Watson back.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
I am not a fan of serious bland Percy Watson. I liked flamboyant 'Showtime' Percy Watson better. OH YEAH!

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://twitter.com/TobyVonDoom/status/825235225613594624

thefncrow
Mar 14, 2001

Totally could be, but being there tonight, the crowd was definitely acting like it might be even before he did that. Right after that clip, he started getting "Thank you Joe" chants, posed again on the stage, walked back to the curtain and turned around to look one more time before going back.

Could have been Joe playing along with the crowd that definitely thought that was the case, but also could actually be his last NXT match.

Muddy Burphy
Dec 4, 2010

The #RXT REVOLUTION has two words for ya..
SCOOP IT!

:frogc00l:

he knows...

Hopefully this is more successful than Curtis "THE CHAINS ARE OFF" Axel

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008

sticklefifer posted:

I am not a fan of serious bland Percy Watson. I liked flamboyant 'Showtime' Percy Watson better. OH YEAH!
He needs to learn to listen and either develop a character or trust his instincts. I suppose that's why it's developmental but his commentary is really rough. You can see Tom and Corey trying to help him out and throw him lobs so that's nice.

DeNomolos
Jan 10, 2013

mild mannered meatspin historian

Muddy Burphy posted:

Hopefully this is more successful than Curtis "THE CHAINS ARE OFF" Axel

I was really hoping we were gonna just get Curtis screaming @dril tweets when he started with the social outcasts and just began shouting.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

IcePhoenix posted:

but why would anyone watch those
To go "LOOK AT THE NINE HOURS OF WWE PROGRAMMING IN TWO DAYS" honestly if the WWE has a network they should have enough of that programming as possible to get as many eyeballs that are willing to watch all or at least 75% of that.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
All the Horsewomen are massive fans of Billie and Peyton. Fully expect Sasha to sit ringside on Charlotte's left and Bayley on Charlotte's right all completely out of character.

https://twitter.com/itsBayleyWWE/status/825395775714762752

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:
takeover thread!! https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3807815

spudsbuckley
Aug 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

(and can't post for 5 years!)

rovert posted:

All the Horsewomen are massive fans of Billie and Peyton. Fully expect Sasha to sit ringside on Charlotte's left and Bayley on Charlotte's right all completely out of character.

https://twitter.com/itsBayleyWWE/status/825395775714762752

Payton and Billie are both loving terrible and are showing zero improvement.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

spudsbuckley posted:

Payton and Billie are both loving terrible and are showing zero improvement.

Yeah I've seen a lot of people talk them up but I just don't see it. They are both completely unconvincing as heels and they're nothing special in the ring. Hopefully they show something tonight.

• Locked thread