Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

The cries of the dead are terrible indeed; you should try not to hear them.

RyokoTK posted:

I know Faze has no chance against SK really but goddamn I would just love to see it. I like Karrigan as a player and seeing them just have a monster run in the playoffs would be pretty awesome.

Still got some chance against stand-in SK, imo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stump collector
May 28, 2007
lmfao the head popped through balc

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
I can see a clearer, vision
I should start living today
Clapping Larry
faze up

stump collector
May 28, 2007
the best fake of all time

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.
loving :laffo: get ruined SK

Faze should call time out so they can just stew in their own idiocy

Fusion Restaurant
May 20, 2015
What a careful, thoughtful retake

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

That was an 'uninstall CS:GO' type of moment. Holy gently caress.

stump collector
May 28, 2007
jesus christ that smoke was so awesome

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
Clapping Larry
... that smoke!

Depths
Apr 15, 2009

SENPAI
That smoke is sick

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.
nt karrigan

stump collector
May 28, 2007
my boy kio just bursted all over that man's face in the hallway

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy
if Faze lose this then the 12-3 conspiracy is real

Fusion Restaurant
May 20, 2015
That grenade body block tho. The pros are just like us

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.
what a show from Faze :stare:

unfortunately SK is pretty hot on Train I think so they won't get dunked on like that again

that retake on the wrong site from SK will make the whole thing worth it if Faze end up losing out though

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
Clapping Larry
that's some good poo poo right there

Yeet
Nov 18, 2005

- WE.IGE -
I haven't played CS in years and this is fun as hell to watch.

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.

Yeet posted:

I haven't played CS in years and this is fun as hell to watch.

I have literally never played CS in my life and CSGO is fun as hell to watch.

To me it's the premier game for e-sports, unlike LoL/DOTA which are super boring.

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

RyokoTK posted:

I have literally never played CS in my life and CSGO is fun as hell to watch.

To me it's the premier game for e-sports, unlike LoL/DOTA which are super boring.

problem with watching mobas is that you need to know what every hero does to have an idea what is going on, and even then 90% of games are decided in a 30s flurry.

CS? shoot man. head = dead. flanking works. got it.

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.

dex_sda posted:

problem with watching mobas is that you need to know what every hero does to have an idea what is going on, and even then 90% of games are decided in a 30s flurry.

CS? shoot man. head = dead. flanking works. got it.

Well that's it, isn't it? Click heads to win. It's not hard to figure out which guns beat which other guns and the difference to a spectator between one pistol and another really doesn't matter. The economy is super basic to understand.

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

RyokoTK posted:

Well that's it, isn't it? Click heads to win. It's not hard to figure out which guns beat which other guns and the difference to a spectator between one pistol and another really doesn't matter. The economy is super basic to understand.

Yeah, and strategy is usually quite obvious and easy to follow from the minimap. (because you see both teams' movement)

It's really intuitive for a spectator while possessing obvious depth beyond just clicking heads.

Fusion Restaurant
May 20, 2015
Holy poo poo that eco from Faze was great. Sad they're still super behind but hey they have one good round now.

E: and the team Kill from fallen. Appropriate punishment for the loss IMO.

Wow faze almost brought it back again. If only they did that well in gun rounds.

Fusion Restaurant fucked around with this message at 17:40 on Jan 28, 2017

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.
This double AWP stuff really has not panned out for Faze...

VelociBacon
Dec 8, 2009

How many more matches are today?

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.
Two more BO3s, and then the final is tomorrow.

Astralis vs. Fnatic is after this, and then after that is the winner of SK/Faze vs VP.

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy
im trying to play the Aim Botz training map, but it just looks like this
I tried unsubbing and resubbing to the map but it doesnt work, it just keep "downloading". Anyone know what to do?

Fusion Restaurant
May 20, 2015
What's the next map? And who is sort of favored? Was mirage a strong faze map historically?

RyokoTK posted:

Two more BO3s, and then the final is tomorrow.

Astralis vs. Fnatic is after this, and then after that is the winner of SK/Faze vs VP.

Ugh I really want to see Astralis v fnatic but it's also at like 4 am....

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.
Next map is Overpass and imo SK is favored just because they're a straight up better team than Faze. But I also thought this was going to be a dumb 2-0 so who knows what will happen?

The production of this event has been really top-notch, even better than the last ELeague, and playing in an old theater like the Fox must be cool as hell.

stump collector
May 28, 2007

Luna Was Here posted:

I tried unsubbing and resubbing to the map but it doesnt work, it just keep "downloading". Anyone know what to do?

call akumos

sterster
Jun 19, 2006
nothing
Fun Shoe

RyokoTK posted:

Next map is Overpass and imo SK is favored just because they're a straight up better team than Faze. But I also thought this was going to be a dumb 2-0 so who knows what will happen?

The production of this event has been really top-notch, even better than the last ELeague, and playing in an old theater like the Fox must be cool as hell.

Except they cant get the god drat sound right on the twitch steam. Unless they fixed it for today.

stump collector
May 28, 2007
sounds good for me today imo

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.
I love the fuckin' balls on rushing B twice in a row and I even more love that it worked.

surc
Aug 17, 2004

Luna Was Here posted:

How long have you waited? There might be an updated version of the map it needs to download, or the community servers could be under extreme load due to majors or something. (it needs to validate/verify with the community servers before it will load in the thing)

stump collector
May 28, 2007
semmler: i love crying my balls off

venutolo
Jun 4, 2003

Dinosaur Gum

RyokoTK posted:

The Fox is super cool. The Islamic and Egyptian architecture is really neat, and what I love most is the ceiling which looks like a night sky on a clear and starry night. It feels like you are in some Arabian courtyard at night.

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.

venutolo posted:

The Fox is super cool. The Islamic and Egyptian architecture is really neat, and what I love most is the ceiling which looks like a night sky on a clear and starry night. It feels like you are in some Arabian courtyard at night.

Old American theaters from the 20s and especially 30s can be absolutely breathtaking, in the golden age of the movie-going experience before TV was a thing.

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.
I thought they were going to do a sneaky plant at A with that boost, I feel like they missed an opportunity.

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
Clapping Larry

faze down (in the mud)

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.

RyokoTK posted:

that retake on the wrong site from SK will make the whole thing worth it if Faze end up losing out though

still got my laugh of the day, so whatever

Astralis/Fnatic will be pretty goddamn fun to watch but I bet VP will be able to take down SK since they'll be fresh and prepared

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

do they not use soundproof booths