Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher

QuarkMartial posted:

I wouldn't say bands like Zep and AC/DC are bad, but they are certainly overplayed. Working retail and hearing the same songs by them over and over and over and over and over has killed any notion of enjoyment of them.

And that is fair enough

I have a Liberty Spec.B and it's WONDERFUL

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spog
Aug 7, 2004

It's your own bloody fault.

QuarkMartial posted:

Working retail and hearing the same songs by them over and over and over and over and over has killed any notion of enjoyment of them.

Isn't that true of any musician/group?

Paradise City is a great track, but play the game Burnout Paradise for an hour and you'll hate it.

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Pip-Pip old chap! Last one in is a rotten egg what what.

InitialDave posted:

"Awa' ta gently caress, ye bastards"

I also make her read out Scottish Twitter posts.

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H_U-w0NpIYM

Did someone say we should listen to more concertos?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eWPGC6o7X-M

I listen to plenty of Bach too.

slurry_curry
Nov 26, 2003
<3mini-moni+animu^_^

CommieGIR posted:

I'm not into AC/DC. More of a Zeppelin / ELO rock sort of guy.

I saw Jeff Lynne's ELO at the Hollywood bowl last summer and was loving amazing. Jeff Lynne had to have a guy help fill in some of the vocals that he can't hit anymore, but he still sounded great. They even had a symphony playing with them and closed out the night with a fireworks show. If you have never been to the Hollywood bowl, find a show that you want to see and make the trip. It is one of the most impressive venues I have been to before and was well worth flying from Seattle to LA for the weekend.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vz0xd48xhYQ
Not the best audio, but it shows off the light show they had, which is pretty awesome.

I finally pulled the trigger on a new car to replace the TDI, just have to go back tomorrow to pick it up. 2004 LS430 with 119k miles that has been always serviced by a Lexus dealer. It's a giant grandpa car and it is awesome. Managed to find a base model without the stupid navigation/hvac combo. Only thing I am not super pumped about is the tan interior, but I am sure I will get used to it.

Just a bit bigger than my miata....

Geoj
May 28, 2008

BITTER POOR PERSON
Got the Dewalt DCF899 lithium ion impact wrench I ordered yesterday (if you don't live in a city with an Amazon "store" its pretty great - free next day shipping on 50-75% of prime eligible items, you just pick it up instead of having it delivered), only zipped two lug nuts off and back on so far but I'm already itching to do some work to my car.

I have a lower front suspension kit waiting to go in and its really hard to not go get started on it right now - probably would have already if we weren't currently down to one functional car.

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

slurry_curry posted:

Only thing I am not super pumped about is the tan interior, but I am sure I will get used to it.
You can dye it a different colour, if it bothers you that much to be worth the effort.

HandlingByJebus
Jun 21, 2009

All of a sudden, I found myself in love with the world, so there was only one thing I could do:
was ding a ding dang, my dang a long racecar.

It's a love affair. Mainly jebus, and my racecar.

BraveUlysses posted:

Hell yeah, just got word that i'm going to get to work on the new 777X composite wing for the next few months :hfive:

Nice! :hfive:

Congrats!

slurry_curry
Nov 26, 2003
<3mini-moni+animu^_^

InitialDave posted:

You can dye it a different colour, if it bothers you that much to be worth the effort.

doesn't bother me that much, and the interior is in way to nice of shape to risk loving it up.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I just spent 90 minutes mixing HAWT SAWS. If goons are interested I have a small number of bottles available. Good price is $4 + shipping. I think Previa Fun can vouch for it's goodness. PM me or FB msg me if you'd like one.

West SAAB Story
Mar 13, 2014

by Athanatos

(and can't post for 216 days!)

Rhyno posted:

I just spent 90 minutes mixing HAWT SAWS. If goons are interested I have a small number of bottles available. Good price is $4 + shipping. I think Previa Fun can vouch for it's goodness. PM me or FB msg me if you'd like one.

I'd take one. I don't have PMs (and not spending another :10bux), and the only person who likes me on FB is meatpimp.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

West SAAB Story posted:

I'd take one. I don't have PMs (and not spending another :10bux), and the only person who likes me on FB is meatpimp.

https://www.facebook.com/ryancharleswhite

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

Five degrees to starboard!

Lemme get in on that hot sauce action. PM'd.

Safety Dance fucked around with this message at 05:49 on Jan 28, 2017

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I was gonna name it GOON SAUCE but Lowtax would probably sue me.

Fermented Tinal
Aug 25, 2005

by Pragmatica
I've got some goon sauce for you right here iffin' ye get me meanin'.

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Your rear-end wont survive my hammering.

Fun Shoe

Fermented Tinal posted:

I've got some goon sauce for you right here iffin' ye get me meanin'.

keep your sister out of this.

West SAAB Story
Mar 13, 2014

by Athanatos

(and can't post for 216 days!)

Rhyno posted:

I was gonna name it GOON SAUCE but Lowtax would probably sue me.

rear end grease

e: o hai csb!

slothrop
Dec 7, 2006

Santa Alpha, Fox One... Gifts Incoming ~~~>===|>

Soiled Meat

cakesmith handyman posted:

Auchentoshan 3 wood: quite nice, faintly smokey, if you can pick it up for under £30/70cl get on that. Plus a hilarious ten minutes discussing with my half-Scottish wife how to pronounce it.

Pretty sure they get the water to cool the stills from a WWII bomb crater too - they're very close to Glasgow. Their entry level (Classic?) a few years ago was hot garbage but they seem to have realised that and replaced it. Threewood is the best I've tried from them.

Try the Glendronach 12 if you haven't already.

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg
:colbert:

Well, poo poo. John Hurt is dead.

The Royal Nonesuch
Nov 1, 2005

slidebite posted:

rip british voice man

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

slidebite posted:

RIP the War Doctor (last role I saw him in. Of course, I remember him as Kane in Alien, Winston Smith in 1984, and in Snowpiercer, too.)

I just spent an hour or so solving the riddle for the Jindosh Lock on the mansion in Dishonored 2. A logic puzzle involving 5 ladies with 5 Heirlooms, from 5 countries, wearing 5 colors, drinking 5 alcohols at 5 places at the table. The matrix to solve it was pretty good sized, and I'm out of practice with that type of puzzle, but I got it right, without resorting to help, in game or internet. There was an achievement for doing it without learning the answer elsewhere in game, it turns out. Go me! Just felt like I wanted to exercise my brain - it's been too long since I worked a puzzle like that. Felt good!

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

коммунизм хранится в яичках

Darchangel posted:

RIP the War Doctor (last role I saw him in. Of course, I remember him as Kane in Alien, Winston Smith in 1984, and in Snowpiercer, too.)

I just spent an hour or so solving the riddle for the Jindosh Lock on the mansion in Dishonored 2. A logic puzzle involving 5 ladies with 5 Heirlooms, from 5 countries, wearing 5 colors, drinking 5 alcohols at 5 places at the table. The matrix to solve it was pretty good sized, and I'm out of practice with that type of puzzle, but I got it right, without resorting to help, in game or internet. There was an achievement for doing it without learning the answer elsewhere in game, it turns out. Go me! Just felt like I wanted to exercise my brain - it's been too long since I worked a puzzle like that. Felt good!

He was so loving good as the War Doctor. In half an hour of screen time he made a more sympathetic and emotional version of The Doctor than Matt Smith managed in several seasons.

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

RIP John Hurt.

I can't remember a single performance of his that wasn't absolutely stellar.

slothrop posted:

Pretty sure they get the water to cool the stills from a WWII bomb crater too - they're very close to Glasgow. Their entry level (Classic?) a few years ago was hot garbage but they seem to have realised that and replaced it. Threewood is the best I've tried from them.

Try the Glendronach 12 if you haven't already.

A local supermarket had Talisker 57° North on sale for $30. It's usually at least $100 around here, so I went and bought a bottle as quickly as I could. Can't wait to taste the "volcano of flavor".

(They're already popping up on our local Craigslist equivalent, priced at $60 firm :ssh:)

I've also recently found an SMWS bottling of Cragganmore, which was distilled on December 19th 1985, the day before my birthday. It was bottled in 2015 at 29 years old, and it cost $140, which is the same price I'm paying now. It's expensive, but I seriously doubt I will ever be able to find a bottle distilled on my actual birthday, so this is as close as I'm ever going to get, certainly at anything even approaching a reasonable price.

I'll be saving it for either my 40th or 50th birthday.

KozmoNaut fucked around with this message at 12:23 on Jan 28, 2017

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher
John Hurt should be remebered for 1984. That was one hell of a performance in a truly great, if bloody hard to watch, film.

Bajaha
Apr 1, 2011

BajaHAHAHA.

I am death. Caught some stomach bug from work and now I'm glued to the porcelain throne, pissing out of my rear end, and projectile vomiting all over the place with a splitting headache and feeling exhausted. Can't even drink water without having it come right back out. Slept maybe 2 hours last night. Of course I catch it right in time for the weekend...

And the smells, oh god the smells.

meltie
Nov 9, 2003

Not a sodding fridge.
Oh god.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:
Had a meeting with a mortgage advisor today and viewed a property.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
Had a ham sandwich on a garlic bagel with a hard boiled egg.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
Hadaham sounds like an emo/screamcore band from the early 00s.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Cage posted:

Had a ham sandwich on a garlic bagel with a hard boiled egg.

Bullshit, prove it.

Bajaha
Apr 1, 2011

BajaHAHAHA.

What are we looking at here?

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org

Powershift posted:

Bullshit, prove it.
I still have the egg yolk on a paper plate because I just wanted a lil protein so I can show you that if you want.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Anyone can fake an egg yolk. you're fake news.

meltie
Nov 9, 2003

Not a sodding fridge.

Bajaha posted:

What are we looking at here?

The insides of this:

Tomarse
Mar 7, 2001

Grr

Just received a final refund payment from HMRC and finally closed off my student loan account after 18 years. gently caress you student loans.

You poor bastard. Are you doing it out in the rain too?

stump
Jan 19, 2006

Bloody hell Trainspotting 2 is good.

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Pip-Pip old chap! Last one in is a rotten egg what what.

Tomarse posted:

Just received a final refund payment from HMRC and finally closed off my student loan account after 18 years. gently caress you student loans.

Congratulations! I felt great clearing mine the other year.

So I've been ill on and off for about 6 weeks and it's made me shamefully weak. Changing the oil in the panda (all 2.8l of it) and investigating crappy handbrake in the wife's car has left me feeling like I've just done a couple of days hard labour. Crappy body, why did you forsake me? After I fed you whiskey too you bastard.

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

Tomarse posted:

:toot:

stump posted:

Bloody hell Trainspotting 2 is good.
How many trains in it?

cakesmith handyman posted:

So I've been ill on and off for about 6 weeks and it's made me shamefully weak. Changing the oil in the panda (all 2.8l of it) and investigating crappy handbrake in the wife's car has left me feeling like I've just done a couple of days hard labour. Crappy body, why did you forsake me? After I fed you whiskey too you bastard.
I think you need a nice big steak. Just had one myself, very nice.

meltie
Nov 9, 2003

Not a sodding fridge.

Tomarse posted:

I kinda gave up tracking mine. I know it's still being paid out via PAYE but perhaps I should check on it. Hmm.

Tomarse posted:

You poor bastard. Are you doing it out in the rain too?

Only got one storm here - I just shut the doors and carried on. Unfortunately i'm only half done...

Just finished remanufacturing the gaskets in the heater box because the cheapass supplier didn't include enough sticky-back foam.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ExplodingSims
Aug 17, 2010

RAGDOLL
FLIPPIN IN A MOVIE
HOT DAMN
THINK I MADE A POOPIE

I went to 5 Guys for lunch today, got a burger and some cayjun fries.

Got home, and found that they accidentally gave me two burgers! :woot:

• Locked thread