Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wamsutta
Sep 9, 2001

chocolateTHUNDER posted:

Where's the new Acacia Strain huh

I'm ready

I'm saying tho, Coma Witch (soooooo good) was what, Oct 2014? They had been on a pretty steady album every 2 years run for a while. I also need a new Obey the Brave to fulfill my brocore lifting tapes needs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

new Memphis May Fire is out and at this point they're like 3 albums into their transformation from awesome southern-rock-heavy metalcore to bog-standard generic mush and I give up. What a bummer.

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
Listen to this because it owns

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eb5z5AULWCw

Beelzebozo
Nov 6, 2002

I don’t mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel. But I am, so that’s how it comes out.

Moundgarden posted:

Listen to this because it owns

I played through that randomly last Friday because it showed up under new metal on Apple Music. And apart from the fact that the lyrics are cringey Infant Annhilator type poo poo*, I found the whole album to be pretty solid.

* For example, the song you linked contains the verse, "I have done such horrible things / Danced on the skin of my infant kin / Disemboweled them / And pleasured myself with their severed limbs" :rolleyes:

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
Yeah I don't look at metal lyrics anymore, so it's real good

ShoogaSlim
May 22, 2001

YOU ARE THE DUMBEST MEATHEAD IDIOT ON THE PLANET, STOP FUCKING POSTING

Metal lyrics all pretty much suck poo poo, but I dig that 17 minute Infant Annihilator (album/song of the year 2016 imho) that's super thematical about an ancient secret society of evil baby-penis-sucking immortals or whatever. At least they're consistent.

Beelzebozo
Nov 6, 2002

I don’t mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel. But I am, so that’s how it comes out.
New Betraying the Martyrs tape is up, and it blew my socks clean off.

Apple Music: https://itun.es/us/ru4igb

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
google music and spotify dont have it yet, annoying

e: the singles ive heard so far have been good

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=33PQh2jVNLs
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i-QTJQZlqTo

kumba fucked around with this message at 15:16 on Jan 27, 2017

XIII
Feb 11, 2009

Moundgarden posted:

google music and spotify dont have it yet, annoying

Google Play Music link:
https://play.google.com/music/m/Beyzzm4ia5ij2k7cpqba46nlgyy?t=The_Resilient_-_Betraying_The_Martyrs

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy

why the hell did this not show up when i typed the band name and album into google or did it literally just get uploaded

XIII
Feb 11, 2009

Moundgarden posted:

why the hell did this not show up when i typed the band name and album into google or did it literally just get uploaded

New albums don't seem to just all pop up at one certain time with GPM, so there's a real chance that it wasn't available when you searched

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
Ah okay, I'm new to google music cause I have a free trial with my pixel so I haven't gotten used to it yet

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

google music loving rules because even without a paid membership you can upload 20,000 songs and stream them wherever, which means I never have to worry about the fact that my phone doesn't have expandable storage

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy

Kelp Me! posted:

google music loving rules because even without a paid membership you can upload 20,000 songs and stream them wherever, which means I never have to worry about the fact that my phone doesn't have expandable storage

whoa

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Kelp Me! posted:

Yeah, the file streaming feature is the best part of Google Music.

XIII
Feb 11, 2009

Moundgarden posted:

Ah okay, I'm new to google music cause I have a free trial with my pixel so I haven't gotten used to it yet

Also, just in case you missed it, you also get YouTube Red (GPM and Red are bundled), so you can watch ad-free videos, as well as play videos with your screen off.

Big Bowie Bonanza
Dec 30, 2007

please tell me where i can date this cute boy
Is this the right place to get hyped about HORSE touring somewhere that is not europe

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything

Big Bowie Bonanza posted:

Is this the right place to get hyped about HORSE touring somewhere that is not europe

Figures they aren't playing /anywhere near the bay area

chocolateTHUNDER
Jul 19, 2008

GIVE ME ALL YOUR FREE AGENTS

ALL OF THEM
I recently listened to Misery Signals album Absent Light again, and I remember being pretty lukewarm on it when it came out. I was wrong, that album owns.

ShoogaSlim
May 22, 2001

chocolateTHUNDER posted:

I recently listened to Misery Signals album Absent Light again, and I remember being pretty lukewarm on it when it came out. I was wrong, that album owns.

The first song on Absent Light is one of my favorite things by them. I kinda wish they would put out a softer album of stuff like that and the acoustic version of Ebb & Flow, which seems to only exist anywhere online as this YouTube video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1FJDdgN_HTk

Oh yeah, and Difference of Vengeance and Wrongs off of Malice.

ShoogaSlim fucked around with this message at 05:34 on Feb 1, 2017

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
not gonna bother linking them but the new AtR singles are :laffo: hilariously, unexpectedly bad even following their last shitheap of a release

Beelzebozo
Nov 6, 2002

Moundgarden posted:

not gonna bother linking them but the new AtR singles are :laffo: hilariously, unexpectedly bad even following their last shitheap of a release

great minds think alike

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

Moundgarden posted:

not gonna bother linking them but the new AtR singles are :laffo: hilariously, unexpectedly bad even following their last 4 shitheaps of a release

ftfy

seriously This Darkened Heart and Fall of Ideals were so good and then they just nosedived

chocolateTHUNDER
Jul 19, 2008

ALL OF THEM

Moundgarden posted:

Yeah I'm not even going to try anymore with them.

Kelp Me! posted:

ftfy

seriously This Darkened Heart and Fall of Ideals were so good and then they just nosedived

Overcome had some good stuff on it, but the two after that woooofffffff

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
I maintain that they're still good through For We Are Many, but yeah the ones after that have been hot garbage

For example, this song owns

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L0KIAhT_lKA

chocolateTHUNDER
Jul 19, 2008

ALL OF THEM

Moundgarden posted:

I maintain that they're still good through For We Are Many, but yeah the ones after that have been hot garbage

For example, this song owns

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L0KIAhT_lKA

Oh yeah I forgot about FWOM. That one had some good songs too. The two albums from 2012/2014 though fuckkkkkkk that

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe
AtR are such a weird band. I loved the Fall of Ideals, absolutely hated Overcome and then was blown away by ...For We Are Many, expecting it to be awful but it was really good from the first listen. The last two have been unbearable though.

Beelzebozo
Nov 6, 2002

I'm just learning for the first time in this thread that people disliked Overcome. That might be favorite of their albums. I didn't realize this was a fringe opinion. I guess I need to replay some of the other ones. Chiron fuckin rips, you guys.

ShimaTetsuo
Sep 9, 2001

Maximus Quietus
Look, when you have one good album (yeah, one, that's what I said, not two or three, it's really just the first one) and then like ten garbage albums, you have to admit that the one good one is probably a fluke and you are not a "weird band". You are a bad band.

Edit: ok by one good one I meant This Darkened Heart, apparently they had another one before that. But don't give me poo poo that Fall of Ideals was still good, because what the gently caress is "whispers"

ShimaTetsuo fucked around with this message at 02:12 on Feb 4, 2017

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe
Nah they had two (possibly three) good ones, sorry you don't like them friend

ShimaTetsuo
Sep 9, 2001

Maximus Quietus
I am extremely bitter because I paid good money in 2004 to see ATR three loving times but they only managed to get across the Canadian border once and cancelled the other two times. Get your poo poo together!

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

ShimaTetsuo posted:

Look, when you have one good album (yeah, one, that's what I said, not two or three, it's really just the first one) and then like ten garbage albums, you have to admit that the one good one is probably a fluke and you are not a "weird band". You are a bad band.

Edit: ok by one good one I meant This Darkened Heart, apparently they had another one before that. But don't give me poo poo that Fall of Ideals was still good, because what the gently caress is "whispers"

dude whispers is a pretty great song

I saw them around 2004-5 when they opened for Dragonforce of all bands :laffo:

Six was in Guitar Hero 2 and that poo poo owned bones as well :rock:

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン
a good riff will redeem a poor band for a small amount

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

muike posted:

a good riff will redeem a poor band for a small amount

this is exactly how I feel about Memphis May Fire

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン
the riff is king

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

I'm going to get up on this cross and announce that IMO City of Evil is a bad album by a bad band but has some absolutely gnarly riffage and I still have it in my collection

XIII
Feb 11, 2009

I recently met a person who didn't know what the word "riff" meant. We didn't become friends.

ShoogaSlim
May 22, 2001

All That Remains loving suck. What's the debate? Their only passable albums are both over a decade old, and if you want to reminisce on that very slightly "better" stuff, just go listen to vastly superior albums in the same genre like Of One Blood by Shadows Fall or The Oncoming Storm (or Stings of Conscience) by Unearth.

Here's something heavy and good to hopefully get you guys to stop talking about bad stupid stuff:

(skip to 2:40 for supremely gargly evil awesome vocals)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9FgTuQUmtnY

Beelzebozo posted:

I'm just learning for the first time in this thread that people disliked Overcome. That might be favorite of their albums. I didn't realize this was a fringe opinion. I guess I need to replay some of the other ones. Chiron fuckin rips, you guys.

Dawg. You can dislike me all you want, but you like some loving poo poo-rear end metal, and if I grew up going to shows with you (did you even go to shows?) I would do whatever I could to avoid making eye contact with you so I wouldn't be forced into saying hi and hearing you talk about what kind of crap new album you liked.

Beelzebozo
Nov 6, 2002

We'd all be a lot happier if you lost your ability to type.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

ShoogaSlim posted:

All That Remains loving suck. What's the debate? Their only passable albums are both over a decade old, and if you want to reminisce on that very slightly "better" stuff, just go listen to vastly superior albums in the same genre like Of One Blood by Shadows Fall or The Oncoming Storm (or Stings of Conscience) by Unearth.

Here's something heavy and good to hopefully get you guys to stop talking about bad stupid stuff:

(skip to 2:40 for supremely gargly evil awesome vocals)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9FgTuQUmtnY

Dawg. You can dislike me all you want, but you like some loving poo poo-rear end metal, and if I grew up going to shows with you (did you even go to shows?) I would do whatever I could to avoid making eye contact with you so I wouldn't be forced into saying hi and hearing you talk about what kind of crap new album you liked.

you are certainly Mr. Cool Metal Guy and I bet you are just super popular amongst your elite metalhead bros

e: that video you posted is some of the most boring garbage I've ever heard, it's like a rejected track off one of the Quake soundtracks

Snow Cone Capone fucked around with this message at 14:25 on Feb 4, 2017