Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tree Dude
May 26, 2012

AND MY SONG IS...
I don't watch Legends of Tomorrow and skipped a handful of Arrow episodes...

Is there any reason E2 Laurel or Prometheus would know about the Waverider and Sara and time travel?

Edit: should have read the rest of the thread but it sounds like no, probably not.

Tree Dude fucked around with this message at 08:11 on Jan 27, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tree Dude
May 26, 2012

AND MY SONG IS...
Quote isn't edit

Tarquinn
Jul 3, 2007

I know I’ve made some very poor decisions recently, but I can give you
my complete assurance that my work will be back to normal.
Hell Gem
Maybe Prometheus will be revealed as the fourth member of the Legion of Dooooom and this is all clever story writing and foreshadowing.

Right. :v:

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT MY SHITTY, BOUGIE INTERIOR DECORATING ADVICE
We already know who the fourth member is (at least if you read casting news/interviews on what was planned for the season)

I'm confused, didn't they reveal before the break that Prometheus was the son of that dude Oliver killed in season 1? Or was that a misdirect and I've forgotten?

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

The Lord Bude posted:

We already know who the fourth member is (at least if you read casting news/interviews on what was planned for the season)

I'm confused, didn't they reveal before the break that Prometheus was the son of that dude Oliver killed in season 1? Or was that a misdirect and I've forgotten?

No, that was the reveal and they stuck with it this episode. As far as I know, everyone is just hoping it's a misdirect because that's boring.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

If that was the final reveal he wouldn't still be in the mask.

Dead Snoopy
Mar 23, 2005
ON THE NEXT ARROW... [SPOILERS] https://youtu.be/3FU2k5xEZQI

Dead Snoopy
Mar 23, 2005
n/m edit sorry

Bozart
Oct 28, 2006

Give me the finger.
Did... they just tell us not to listen to the dialog in the next week's episode?

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.
Thinking about the last episode makes me even more disappointed. It's like they listened to their fanbase, but chose to give them the middle finger instead.

Has any show trolled its fans more than this one? Aside from pro wrestling.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Chokes McGee posted:

Thinking about the last episode makes me even more disappointed. It's like they listened to their fanbase, but chose to give them the middle finger instead.

Has any show trolled its fans more than this one? Aside from pro wrestling.

Ah yes the fanbase that wanted Laurel dead from episode one until she actually died and then got all pissy about it once it was clear they were actually going to do just that. The core fanbase of this show is generally terrible it seems and they have petty lame reasons for hating different characters at different times and should be mocked and trolled at even given opportunity I think.

The Earth-2 Laurel stuff was done perfectly in this episode. They knew anyone with a brain watching the show would know it wasn't the actual Laurel so they got the reveal over quickly and moved into another good episode. Right now I think only the back half of season two has been stronger than this half season so far. I hope it keeps up that momentum.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

It's based 100% on how attracted they are to the actresses. And the one in fake glasses and inappropriate office wear wins with the internet.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Aphrodite posted:

It's based 100% on how attracted they are to the actresses. And the one in fake glasses and inappropriate office wear wins with the internet.

Most of the fanbase turned on Felicity when she was the only female left though. Gotta hate some girl it seems no matter what so it transferred to her by default. With a new girl coming in I'm sure she'll be that person now though.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

X-O posted:

Most of the fanbase turned on Felicity when she was the only female left though. Gotta hate some girl it seems no matter what so it transferred to her by default. With a new girl coming in I'm sure she'll be that person now though.

That's okay because Sara was around then. They love Sara.

Tarquinn
Jul 3, 2007

I know I’ve made some very poor decisions recently, but I can give you
my complete assurance that my work will be back to normal.
Hell Gem

Dead Snoopy posted:

ON THE NEXT ARROW... [SPOILERS] https://youtu.be/3FU2k5xEZQI

Hummm... I wouldn't mind them using those hard guitars during the actual show from time to time.

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT MY SHITTY, BOUGIE INTERIOR DECORATING ADVICE

X-O posted:

They knew anyone with a brain watching the show would know it wasn't the actual Laurel so they got the reveal over quickly and moved into another good episode.

And just in case the show was being watched by anyone without a brain, they made sure to include the clip of oliver saying 'You're not our laurel' right before she launched into her canary cry in the promo for the episode.

Dead Snoopy
Mar 23, 2005

Aphrodite posted:

...and the salmon ladder.

Sir Potato
May 26, 2012

PO-TAY-TOES
Boil 'em, mash 'em, cook 'em in a stew
They'll pull an Arkham Knight and Prometheus will be Jason Todd. And no one will give a poo poo.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

Sir Potato posted:

They'll pull an Arkham Knight and Prometheus will be Jason Todd. And no one will give a poo poo.

Harrison Wells.

Or they remove the mask and it's Tony Todd.

grack
Jan 10, 2012

COACH TOTORO SAY REFEREE CAN BANISH WHISTLE TO LAND OF WIND AND GHOSTS!
Guys guys

It's actually Chicken Boo from Animaniacs

Right after the big reveal Felicity will run in and say "I told you all, he's a giant chicken!"

And it would still be more interesting than son of dead bad dude.

HUGE SPACEKABLOOIE
Mar 31, 2010

Aphrodite posted:

I believe you mean Captain Sara Lance, Time Lesbian :colbert:

lets be best friends okay
Jun 1, 2000

okay
I think they should just stick with Michael Dorn as Prometheus. I really want to hear him say "Oliver Queen is without honor!"

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003
Katie Cassidy is amazing as Black Syren though.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

She got to have more character in this episode than in 4 whole seasons.

Nevhix
Nov 18, 2006

Life is a journey.
Time is a river.
The door is ajar.

Mooseontheloose posted:

Katie Cassidy is amazing.

There you go. Fixed that.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Remember how much we liked Manu Bennet back when he was on this show? Well don't do something foolish like watch Deathrace 2050 because holy poo poo.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Also don't do anything foolish like look at how much of an rear end in a top hat he is apparently. Didn't he get arrested for drunkenly assaulting someone at a Comic Con? Doesn't seem like a likable guy to me.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I thought we were supposed to separate the art from the artist?

Longbaugh01
Jul 13, 2001

"Surprise, muthafucka."

Rhyno posted:

Good luck with that.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Even if you believe that I think at a convention because of the show is a good time for an exception.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Rhyno posted:

I didn't say he wasn't good on the show, just not really a likable guy.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

Rhyno posted:

That's why I can always treasure Trump's appearance in Home Alone 2.

Dead Snoopy
Mar 23, 2005

X-O posted:

Also don't do anything foolish like look at how much of an rear end in a top hat he is apparently. Didn't he get arrested for drunkenly assaulting someone at a Comic Con? Doesn't seem like a likable guy to me.

Saw him at Vancouver Con when they were wrapping season 2 & the guy was the greatest in the world. I chalk it up to partying too hard.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Sometimes people push buttons and they just need a clout. it's a thing.

He's also a kiwi/australian. That's how things are done down this way.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I don't know if it was new information but I haven't seen it mentioned in the thread. When Diggle and Oliver are discussing Prometheus its implied that Talia taught both Oliver and Prometheus. That seems like a huge thing that either was never mentioned before this episode or I missed entirely.

Also I love that the payoff for this will have to be that Oliver just never mentioned Talia during all that Ra's/Nyssa stuff. Which is 100% in character.

That episode really set up a lot between Talia and all the complicated implications, the new Canary, the possibility of Earth 2 Laurel sticking around, and Curtis moving away from the fighting and towards the "tinkering" so we can hopefully get T-Spheres by the season finale.

Aphrodite posted:

And she's gay so if they ever kill her (for reals) fans will lose their loving poo poo. God help them if they give her a girlfriend.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

It was a thing before the break, when they fought at one point Oliver noticed some moves Prometheus uses were the same he was taught by someone in Russia.

Narcissus1916
Apr 29, 2013

Oliver may not connect the dots that Talia is another one of Rhas Al Ghul's daughters.

For those not watching Legends of Tomorrow, they've had League of Assassins Battle Royale with Sarah fighting Damien Dahrk and Malcolm Merlyn. :)

Somewhat Heroic
Oct 11, 2007

(Insert Mad Max related text)

Rhyno posted:

Except for Stephen Amell. Dude is perfect and far better than this world deserves.

I'm going to say the district attorney is not vigilante but he is prometheus. I think the DA guy is an awesome character and look forward to more developments with him this second half of the season.

Tagichatn
Jun 7, 2009

Somewhat Heroic posted:

Except for Stephen Amell. Dude is perfect and far better than this world deserves.

I'm going to say the district attorney is not vigilante but he is prometheus. I think the DA guy is an awesome character and look forward to more developments with him this second half of the season.

Didn't he equate the discrimination that Muslims/Arabs face with how Texans are viewed?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

He's from Toronto so that would be an incredibly weird opinion to have.

• Locked thread