Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

Killed By Death posted:

Every time PoE signs a contract with a team, he has a clause added that lets him play at least one Kog'maw game per split

A lot of pros have been spamming Ap kog in eu challenger it must be good vs some champs in scrims or something. I know since the rework got reverted it has gotten more play in soloq in general. Its a monster late game but has a very long scale up time.

Firebert posted:

Jayce has a 29% winrate over 29 games lol

Ya whenever I see Jayce picked I expect the Jayce to have 50cs advantage and be worthless vs the tanks in teamfights. I just don't understand it imo if you want to play Jayce mid is better because he has very good laning phase mid too and you can pick an ap champion like Rumble who isn't garbage vs tanks late game because he can still snipe your backline.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stump collector
May 28, 2007
i dont think jayce mid ever does poo poo unless the opposing midlaner is a dumb rear end bitch

Savage Cracker
Jul 21, 2010
Young Val Kilmer is pretty cool

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
holy poo poo contractz

Action George
Apr 13, 2013

Ulio posted:

Ya whenever I see Jayce picked I expect the Jayce to have 50cs advantage and be worthless vs the tanks in teamfights. I just don't understand it imo if you want to play Jayce mid is better because he has very good laning phase mid too and you can pick an ap champion like Rumble who isn't garbage vs tanks late game because he can still snipe your backline.

I think it's just that teams are having good results with Jayce crushing lane and snowballing objectives during scrims/practice/solo queue and not having the results transfer over to actual pro play where teams are playing at a higher level.

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

stump collector posted:

i dont think jayce mid ever does poo poo unless the opposing midlaner is a dumb rear end bitch

Imo he can win lane early vs ryze/syndra early with ignite and just kill them since those champs don't take ignite. Its much easier to get a kill with ignite than tp and you snowball harder vs squishy than a tank who can start stacking armor and survive unless u play 100% correctly. But ya I just hate saying Jayce picks unless your gonna play full agro and shove the enemy toplaner's teeth in. If you go midlane and have ap top atleast your comp isn't as garbage when you have top jayce.

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
The problem with Jayce mid is that the entire lineup of good ap tops is: Rumble and good ap junglers is:

YancyQ
Jan 18, 2008
Grimey Drawer
I'd pay Contractz 3 million dollars a year to play on my squad

Calax
Oct 5, 2011

Apollo, what the gently caress is the Edge of Night doing in your inventory?

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
Cody sun / won't you come / and wash away our wins / cody sun / cody sun

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
C9 got outdrafted pretty badly in game 2 but it probably won't matter

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
LOL

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

It's a little bit juvenile, but it's simple and it's timeless.

We let it be known that Schnorkles, for a snack, eats tiny pieces of shit.

You're picturing it and you're talking about it. That's a win in my book.
lmao Dardoch you a dumb

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
Ssshoutout tomy boy dardoroch

Action George
Apr 13, 2013
L O loving L

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

Poebelter :geno:

Calax
Oct 5, 2011

P1 is flat out dominating NV at this point.

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

Anyone who didn't watch G2 vs Misfits. It was basically Ivern 1v9 he made his entire team unkillable with 45% cdr went mikaels, athens, knights vow, locket. It was the most tilting thing to watch.

Caught a bit of the c9 game and it was a stomp. Imo even Echo Fox should have beaten IMT. There is 0 synergy in this team.

E: Oh god Rivington is so stupid.

YancyQ
Jan 18, 2008
Grimey Drawer
Pobelter and Flame should have followed Adrian to P1...

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

that realm warp was slick from Bjerg

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

Schnorkles posted:

3 in a row

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

Schnorkles posted:

Best ryze game ever I think. This is how your suppose to play Ryze. Maybe before the rework it was Faker's ryze at s5 but this was probably the nastiest ryze game ever. TL made it 100x easier by being all together instead of pushing lanes individually but maybe they were scared of Ashe or Rengar pick.

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

yeah that was great Ryze play.

Shadow225
Jan 2, 2007

the best legal legends team is au tsm

Savage Cracker
Jul 21, 2010
Birdboss is actually 0/0/0 35 min into the game

Max Coveri
Dec 23, 2015

by Athanatos
"DIG vs. FOX: Two great toplaners and a bunch of boosted animals (Special guest: Froggen)"

Shadow225
Jan 2, 2007

I demand a comprehensive list of everyone who doubted my boy Golden Glutes

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
that lourlo ult was godly

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
Not sure why everyone started building tear/lethality on bot Varus again but it sure hasn't worked yet! They aren't on the current patch, right?

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

"flash flash flash flash flash flash flash flash flash flash flash" - got tier shotcaller high

Max Coveri
Dec 23, 2015

by Athanatos

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

Stat rosa pristina nomine, nomina nuda tenemus.
I didn't quite realize Ryze ult has such a long range. Seems pretty OP in pro play.

henkman
Oct 8, 2008

Firebert posted:

Not sure why everyone started building tear/lethality on bot Varus again but it sure hasn't worked yet! They aren't on the current patch, right?

Yeah I don't get it, especially since top lane regularly has super tanks at the moment that you need the attack speed and crit to do anything to.

Outside of the first game Echo Fox poo poo on DIG, Akaadian looks pretty good so far

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

i was really hoping flame could at least play well in NA but between the terrible team that IMT has assembled and his diminished individual skill thats apparently out of the cards

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate
hachani is so loving dumb holy

el dingo
Mar 19, 2009

Ogres are like onions
Nauti support time baby oh yeah

Will defo work super good against karma. Also why is shen so drat popular in EU?

el dingo
Mar 19, 2009

Ogres are like onions
loving laffo 10 minute ace 4k gold lead

henkman
Oct 8, 2008
Unlucky

The Lore Bear
Jan 21, 2014

I don't know what to put here. Guys? GUYS?!

no, actually it's lag apparently

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

henkman posted:

Yeah I don't get it, especially since top lane regularly has super tanks at the moment that you need the attack speed and crit to do anything to.

Outside of the first game Echo Fox poo poo on DIG, Akaadian looks pretty good so far

Ya samething with Jayce top. Whenever I see Jayce top and ghostblade+tear Varus I get insta tilted. They both do poo poo tons of dmg but it always ends up being irrelevant. Imo if there is a carry top the Varus poke build is good but Piglet played it when Hauntzer was on Poppy. It's weird because last week everyone was doing the essence reaver/bork atk speed build but this week it changed even in EU everyone is doing the poke build again.

Attack speed varus is way better imo. Because despite being immobile he has good self peel with his ult and e. He does %max hp dmg on his w and with all the bonus attack speed from his passive he is a decent tank killer. No where near a Kog or Vayne but still pretty good. Poke varus your ult does nothing for you if you get dove because your dmg is gated by cdr.

I think its the same reason someone said Jayce was getting picked earlier. Varus ghostblade has stronger earlier powerspike and better laning because of serrated dirk. In scrims people push their leads harder so these snowbally poke champs like Jayce/Varus seem s tier but in pro games people play slower and don't ff so its actually not as op as it may seem.

• Locked thread