Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is YISUN?
Mother
A lie we tell ourselves to have a purpose
Bliss
A paradox with no solution
Father
A strong female protagonist
The weakest thing there is and the smallest crawling thing
Creator
Everything in this miserable and hellish existence
A solution with no paradoxes
View Results

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.
Angry stupidity married to zero hesitation is basically invincible in their universe, basically she just needs to get drunk and shout "YOLO" and she can pretty much walk through all these fools.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
Counter-argument: There's no crown. Whatever it is that keys want, getting obviously-cursed power from somebody else instead of working for it yourself clearly isn't a part of it.

idonotlikepeas
May 29, 2010

This reasoning is possible for forums user idonotlikepeas!
Man, this is some Aesma-level bad decision making.

PMush Perfect posted:

Counter-argument: There's no crown. Whatever it is that keys want, getting obviously-cursed power from somebody else instead of working for it yourself clearly isn't a part of it.

Counter-counter argument: Alison is at least trying to be different, which has been established as a good thing. I think we can all agree that the most likely consequences to this will be a mixed bag of one sort or another.

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass
We'll have to wait and see, but I got the impression Incubus isn't really giving her any power at all; he's just going to crush her crippling self-doubt and/or self-loathing.

The only reason this may equate to a Grand Elder Guru-esque immediate unlocking of power is because the power Allison has responds to will and assertiveness.

AriadneThread
Feb 17, 2011

The Devil sounds like smoke and honey. We cannot move. It is too beautiful.

Renaissance Robot posted:

We'll have to wait and see, but I got the impression Incubus isn't really giving her any power at all; he's just going to crush her crippling self-doubt and/or self-loathing.

The only reason this may equate to a Grand Elder Guru-esque immediate unlocking of power is because the power Allison has responds to will and assertiveness.

well, the problem with letting someone magically do that for her, is what's to stop him from taking it back

Thyrork
Apr 21, 2010

"COME PLAY MECHS M'LANCER."

Or at least use Retrograde Mini's to make cool mechs and fantasy stuff.

:awesomelon:
Slippery Tilde

quote:

"“The Idiot: unshod and ungirded, he grasped at power, and found himself burned.” -Goblin Proverb"

I'm more worried for Incubus.

Benson Cunningham
Dec 9, 2006

Chief of J.U.N.K.E.R. H.Q.
Yeah as far as devil agreements seem to go he just agreed to getting murdered if he does basically anything to her.

White Coke
May 29, 2015

Cowcaster posted:

she just said if he tries to gently caress her over she'll kill him herself there's no question of how it's going to backfire on him

No, I meant in the meantime. Clearly Incubus has plans for Allison, and I bet that even when Allison is working towards his goals he'll end up disappointed.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink
Given that Incubus was notably absent from the meeting of the Demiurges and also that he recognizes Allison as the heir, I think he expects Allison to go around and cause general, universal mayhem.

I don't think he'll be disappointed.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Renaissance Robot posted:

He also seems to be going to teach get how to use magic more than just glowing fists.

Archonex
May 2, 2012

MY OPINION IS SEERS OF THE THRONE PROPAGANDA IGNORE MY GNOSIS-IMPAIRED RAMBLINGS
I can't help but feel that this could backfire in hilarious ways for everyone.

Isn't the whole reason the Demiurges don't actually try to take each other out because they don't want to disrupt the balance of power and have that one batshit crazy Demiurge decide to just declare war on them all?

Can't imagine he'll be pleased when he realizes that Incubus just offered to team up with another potential player at that level. Of course if that's the case then I guess that means that Incubus is gearing up for some multiversal warfare.

ThaumPenguin
Oct 9, 2013

This can only end well :allears:

Malpais Legate
Oct 1, 2014

Archonex posted:

I can't help but feel that this could backfire in hilarious ways for everyone.

Isn't the whole reason the Demiurges don't actually try to take each other out because they don't want to disrupt the balance of power and have that one batshit crazy Demiurge decide to just declare war on them all?

It was like this, initially. But at this point, it's basically taking the other six together to oppose Jagganoth, because he's spent all this time getting more powerful than the rest.

Archonex
May 2, 2012

MY OPINION IS SEERS OF THE THRONE PROPAGANDA IGNORE MY GNOSIS-IMPAIRED RAMBLINGS

Malpais Legate posted:

It was like this, initially. But at this point, it's basically taking the other six together to oppose Jagganoth, because he's spent all this time getting more powerful than the rest.

Yeah. Jagganoth is going to lose it when he realize there's some new up and comer that could curb stomp him. And Mottom is down for the count too for at least a bit most likely.

Also I feel I should point out that Allison was literally called "Kill Six Billion Demons" by the being that gave her the key. In mythology an incubus is a demon. :v:

I am seeing a theme here so far though. Mottom wanted her to be the queen of her domain while she went off and tried to salvage what was left of her sanity. Incubus wants to unlock her potential and act as one of his lieutenants. So far at least two of the beings she's met want to basically raise her to the throne in one way or another. Not that Allison seems like the type of character to actually manipulate them so that this is too her advantage, but...

Archonex fucked around with this message at 21:50 on Jan 28, 2017

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

Jagganoth was going to lose it anyway. He's in it to destroy the world.

Archonex posted:

I am seeing a theme here so far though. Mottom wanted her to be the queen of her domain while she went off and tried to salvage what was left of her sanity. Incubus wants to unlock her potential and act as one of his lieutenants. So far at least two of the beings she's met want to basically raise her to the throne in one way or another. Not that Allison seems like the type of character to actually manipulate them so that this is too her advantage, but...

I almost wonder if all of them realise Allison is the true heir, but don't want to let the others realise that they know, because they want to be the one that still holds power in her new order.

White Coke
May 29, 2015

Tenebrais posted:

I almost wonder if all of them realise Allison is the true heir, but don't want to let the others realise that they know, because they want to be the one that still holds power in her new order.

Or for no other reason than that they all hate and distrust each other and would like to get any advantage they can over each other.

stone cold
Feb 15, 2014

Tenebrais posted:

Jagganoth was going to lose it anyway. He's in it to destroy the world.

gog-agog's just in it for the goodface

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Tenebrais posted:

Or, in the case of Jadis, realizes she's the true heir and is keeping quiet about it so Allison can kill all of them.

President Ark
May 16, 2010

:iiam:
it may also be that incubus has transcended physical existence and now exists as some kind of dream-shade and can't be killed (or so he thinks, anyway)

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Making a deal with Vladok was a terrible idea, and it turned out alright.

Thyrork
Apr 21, 2010

"COME PLAY MECHS M'LANCER."

Or at least use Retrograde Mini's to make cool mechs and fantasy stuff.

:awesomelon:
Slippery Tilde

Cat Mattress posted:

Making a deal with Vladok was a terrible idea, and it turned out alright.

So Incubus is going to be on the crew soon? I'm down for this. :getin:

Malpais Legate
Oct 1, 2014

A deal with a literal devil was probably less dangerous than a deal with this figurative one.

avoraciopoctules
Oct 22, 2012

What is this kid's DEAL?!

This scene is doing a lot to shift my opinion of Allison as protagonist. She's becoming more and more interesting as a central character as she starts to get the hang of things and assert herself. Now it feels like I'm following the exploits of a really entertaining D&D character, the kind who's willing to take risks and aim for whatever seems likely to take the game in a cool direction. Cio and White Chain were much funner to follow initially, but I'm looking forward to seeing where Allison's arc ends up next at least as much at this point.

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
That reminds me of something Abbadon posted on Twitter recently.

https://twitter.com/Orbitaldropkick/status/825550653820841985
https://twitter.com/Orbitaldropkick/status/825553532073840641
https://twitter.com/Orbitaldropkick/status/825553654358814722

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

KILL SIX BILLION DEMONS - wait for the chainsaw hand

RODNEY THE RACEHOR
Jan 1, 2016

i hope my friend dahmer has a happy ending

PMush Perfect posted:

whowhatwhere
Mar 15, 2010

SHINee's back
I mean on the one hand, yes, this is really good advice to keep in mind...but on the other, losing your drat mind over small beats in the story is the entire point of following something in real-time. Otherwise we might as well wait for the story to finish and read it then.

Plus, I mean, this is very much not Homestuck, despite the history, but remember how much fun getting lost in Homestuck's insanity was for like three years? Even if you think it kinda ended up butt (it did) that was some of the best times to go crazy about something as it was happening, and I wouldn't trade that for anything.

Just don't tell us what your demonsona is or set up glyphosphere chat sites and everything'll be cool.

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

PMush Perfect posted:

:getin:

theshim
May 1, 2012

You think you can defeat ME, Ephraimcopter?!?

You couldn't even beat Assassincopter!!!

PMush Perfect posted:

Kharn_The_Betrayer
Nov 15, 2013

Fun Shoe
I like this developpement seems only natural for a dweeb like Allison to thirst for self-affirming power no matter where it comes from.

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass

whowhatwhere posted:

Plus, I mean, this is very much not Homestuck, despite the history, but remember how much fun getting lost in Homestuck's insanity was for like three years? Even if you think it kinda ended up butt (it did) that was some of the best times to go crazy about something as it was happening, and I wouldn't trade that for anything.

It was indeed pretty great. I'm glad that hype train was rolling at a time in my life when I didn't have much else to do but follow it.

White Coke
May 29, 2015

Kharn_The_Betrayer posted:

I like this developpement seems only natural for a dweeb like Allison to thirst for self-affirming power no matter where it comes from.

Also wanting to become more powerful no matter what is a good thing in this setting. The Blade of Want and all that.

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

You know, this is very appropriate, this decision that Allison is making. As we all know, Sailor Moon has 3 favorite hobbies: Eating, Sleeping, and Taking the Easy Way Out.

ThaumPenguin
Oct 9, 2013

whowhatwhere posted:

I mean on the one hand, yes, this is really good advice to keep in mind...but on the other, losing your drat mind over small beats in the story is the entire point of following something in real-time. Otherwise we might as well wait for the story to finish and read it then.

Just don't tell us what your demonsona is or set up glyphosphere chat sites and everything'll be cool.

26 Strong Noble Returns to Admire Equines

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

ThaumPenguin posted:

26 Strong Noble Returns to Admire Equines
57 Ventriloquism Doll Destroys All Hope

Apocron
Dec 5, 2005
This also handily avoids a training montage while establishing a relationship with a major anatagonist more fully.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

4 John Egbert loving Dies Again

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink
13 Will Read It Once It's Finished

16 Wait, It's How loving Long? Yeah, gently caress That

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass
Did anyone ever do that revised adjusted word count?

I know it was already longer than the bible, and that count was ages ago, like barely halfway through (not that we knew that at the time).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf
I stopped reading it when it became huge walls of chatlogs