Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
It probably sounds weird, but "slow play" and "mind games" in pokemon are pretty opposite concepts. Stall pokemon thrive on NOT playing mind games and indeed making the safest play possible most of the time and just winning through attrition.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

zaepg posted:

I'm not sure of the technical term, but I'm interested in good status-damage-inflicting Pokemon. I used to have a Jumpluff with Leech Seed-Sleep Powder-Substitute-Arial Ace. It used to be a blast to slowly drain my opponents. What are some other good Pokemon for slow mind game, status effecting plays?

You'll love celesteela.

KyleeBitkin
Jan 22, 2017

Around, and around, and around, and around...

zaepg posted:

I'm not sure of the technical term, but I'm interested in good status-damage-inflicting Pokemon. I used to have a Jumpluff with Leech Seed-Sleep Powder-Substitute-Arial Ace. It used to be a blast to slowly drain my opponents. What are some other good Pokemon for slow mind game, status effecting plays?

My personal favorite is a Sylveon with wish, echoed voice, toxic, and protect. Ability pixelate, I've swept so many teams using that monster. Bold nature, EV spread of 252 HP and Defense, 4 in SpDef.

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...
So I have 40 festival tickets

I guess I should use them but ughhh

zaepg
Dec 25, 2008

by sebmojo

Countblanc posted:

It probably sounds weird, but "slow play" and "mind games" in pokemon are pretty opposite concepts. Stall pokemon thrive on NOT playing mind games and indeed making the safest play possible most of the time and just winning through attrition.

Ok, I'm probably thinking of Stall Pokemon.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

zaepg posted:

Ok, I'm probably thinking of Stall Pokemon.

You want Gliscor

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

And you don't remember what I said here, either, but it was pompous and stupid.
Jade Ear Joe

FishBulb posted:

So I have 40 festival tickets

I guess I should use them but ughhh

I have 120

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...

Hammerite posted:

I have 120

Christ man

I think I might just do the dumb smashing rocks one a bunch

Diet Poison
Jan 20, 2008

LICK MY ASS
Whooooo wants to do a trade-back for me with my Phantump, since I'm using him as a starter and really could use Shadow Claw over fuckin' Astonish.

0533-5340-6744

e: thanks, yer a bahd!

Diet Poison fucked around with this message at 20:39 on Jan 28, 2017

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

Diet Poison posted:

Whooooo wants to do a trade-back for me with my Phantump, since I'm using him as a starter and really could use Shadow Claw over fuckin' Astonish.

0533-5340-6744

Can do. 2982-0483-8705

Edit: You are welcome! Have fun with you shiny, spooky tree pal.

Mierenneuker fucked around with this message at 20:42 on Jan 28, 2017

White Light
Dec 19, 2012

Yo! I'll be trading away some Larvesta on the GTS if anyone wants one.

I could use some more mons with some HAs if you've got any, I'm not too picky

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
Gladion looked so distraught to lose to a magikarp.

mastajake
Oct 3, 2005

My blade is unBENDING!

Now that Bank is out, I think I'm gonna buy and play through Moon with some pokemon I didn't utilize (either in Sun or a previous game). So far, I'm at

Exeggcute/A-Exeggutor – Modest – Energy Ball, Psychic, Sludge Bomb, Hidden Power (or Thief, if HP isn't a good one) - Frisk
Stufful/Bewear – Adamant – Ice Punch, Force Palm, Thunder Punch, Stomping Tantrum - Fluffy
Snubbull/Granbull – Impish – Thunder Fang, Crunch, Ice Fang, Close Combat – Intimidate
Mimikyu – Adamant – Shadow Claw, Play Rough, X-Scissor, Wood Hammer – Disguise
Dewpider/Araquanid – Adamant – Liquidation, Lunge, Crunch, Poison Jab – Water Bubble

I was thinking of my last one to just be a generic "catch"-mon like Smeargle, or instead using Alola-Raichu (I used it in my Sun run, but liked it a lot), but would be open to suggestions if anyone has any (my team for Sun - at various points - included: Primarina, Decidueye, A-Raichu, Incineroar, Snorlax, Kommo-o - though I didn't get much use out of that one; maybe I should give it another go).

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

Just found out about a move that I had never heard of before. The reason I had never seen it is because only four pokemon learn it naturally. Three of them are members of the cyndaquill line, which can only be acquired by using Island Scan on Melemele Island on Sunday. The fourth one is Moltres, which is obviously Pokemon Bank only. Interesting how they would make a new move so hard to find.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Ariong posted:

Just found out about a move that I had never heard of before. The reason I had never seen it is because only four pokemon learn it naturally. Three of them are members of the cyndaquill line, which can only be acquired by using Island Scan on Melemele Island on Sunday. The fourth one is Moltres, which is obviously Pokemon Bank only. Interesting how they would make a new move so hard to find.

Look up Fire Lash, Heatmor's new signature move.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Ariong posted:

The kicker is its one of Arcanine's best moves now.

mastajake
Oct 3, 2005

My blade is unBENDING!

Ariong posted:

Yeah, you'll see it in Battle Tree Doubles from Blue's Arcanine.

Diet Poison
Jan 20, 2008

LICK MY ASS

Improbable Lobster posted:

Look up Fire Lash, Heatmor's new signature move.

A brand new move that only exists on a single old Pokemon who couldn't even be imported into the game for the first two months of its existence. Move is "eh" and the Pokemon is pretty solidly unpopular. Sometimes I really do wonder what in the hell they're smoking over at GameFreak.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

heatmor would be okay with a better tail/junk region

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

heatran:wario::heatmor:waluigi

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

until you said that I thought heatmor was heatran

I didn't even remember heatmor was a pokemon

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

Countblanc posted:

You want Gliscor

savage

Ogmius815
Aug 25, 2005
centrism is a hell of a drug

Does synchronize not work on ultrabeasts or something? I've gotten the wrong nature five times in a row...

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

Ogmius815 posted:

Does synchronize not work on ultrabeasts or something? I've gotten the wrong nature five times in a row...

It does. You are just unlucky. It's only a 50% chance, after all.

While I'm here, reminder I have almost an entire box of HA Shroomishes in Friend Balls to give away. They all have 4 31IVs, minimum and the moves Seed Bomb, Bullet Seed, Worry Seed, and Spore. Perfect for being your Pokemon catching friend, or ya know Breloom isn't any slouch in competitive battling either. Just saying.

I'm after Patrat, Panpour, or Inkay with their HA or any Beast Ball things I'm missing. (Check the spreadsheet.) Other than that, trade me whatever. I especially like things with goofy nicknames and Eggs.

BearDrivingTruck
Oct 15, 2011

You see the most shocking sights sometimes

Silver Falcon posted:

While I'm here, reminder I have almost an entire box of HA Shroomishes in Friend Balls to give away. They all have 4 31IVs, minimum and the moves Seed Bomb, Bullet Seed, Worry Seed, and Spore. Perfect for being your Pokemon catching friend, or ya know Breloom isn't any slouch in competitive battling either. Just saying.

I'm after Patrat, Panpour, or Inkay with their HA or any Beast Ball things I'm missing. (Check the spreadsheet.) Other than that, trade me whatever. I especially like things with goofy nicknames and Eggs.

Can I take one tomorrow, finally?

Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

Do people want non-Ultra Beasts in Beast Balls for any particular reason or just cause they look cool/are very difficult to catch Pokémon with?

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

Silver Falcon posted:

While I'm here, reminder I have almost an entire box of HA Shroomishes in Friend Balls to give away.

I'd like one, assuming still around.

FrensaGeran posted:

Do people want non-Ultra Beasts in Beast Balls for any particular reason or just cause they look cool/are very difficult to catch Pokémon with?

No other reason than cool/difficult to catch with.

Avalerion fucked around with this message at 08:41 on Jan 29, 2017

PSWII60
Jan 7, 2007

All the best octopodes shoot fire and ice.

Ariong posted:

The Shiinotic line gets a fun move that I didn't know about until recently. Looks awesone.

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

That makes sense, Shiinotic is a fun guy (or gal).

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

BearDrivingTruck posted:

Can I take one tomorrow, finally?

Of course. Would you like another lady, or a boy this time?

Avalerion posted:

I'd like one, assuming still around.

No other reason than cool/difficult to catch with.

I am around now! Sorry, I was asleep. I'll keep checking the thread today. Hopefully I can catch you. Would you prefer male or female?

PleasantDirge
Sep 7, 2009
ASK ME ABOUT HOW NOT BEING A FUCKING ASSHOLE ON THE ROAD IS JUST LIKE BEING A JEW AT A NAZI GATHERING BECAUSE I CAN NOT UNDERSTAND HOW TO NOT BE A FUCKING ASSHOLE AND WHEN PEOPLE TREAT ME LIKE I'M A FUCKING ASSHOLE THAT IS JUST LIKE GENOCIDE

Hey goons, I got a Phantump/treavant last night in wonder trade with pokerus, whats the best way to give it to another poke so I can use my treavant and keep a poke with the virus in the bank? just take treavant out and use him until another poke in the party catches it and then put the new infected back in the bank? Also anyone around tonight to help me turn my haunter/kadabra into a gengar/alakazam?

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~

PleasantDirge posted:

Hey goons, I got a Phantump/treavant last night in wonder trade with pokerus, whats the best way to give it to another poke so I can use my treavant and keep a poke with the virus in the bank? just take treavant out and use him until another poke in the party catches it and then put the new infected back in the bank? Also anyone around tonight to help me turn my haunter/kadabra into a gengar/alakazam?

That's all it takes, yep. Pokérus stays "active" and spreadable for longer than it used to, also. I think it changed from 24 hours to 48, maybe?

Also, if you hop on the Discord at any time, someone will be around to help you with your trade evos.

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

Silver Falcon posted:

I am around now! Sorry, I was asleep. I'll keep checking the thread today. Hopefully I can catch you. Would you prefer male or female?

No preference, cheers. 4484-8908-1219, in game as Andrew.

Can trade you a beastball feebass for it.

BearDrivingTruck
Oct 15, 2011

You see the most shocking sights sometimes

Silver Falcon posted:

Of course. Would you like another lady, or a boy this time?

A lady for easy ball breeding, please. I'll be home in an hour or so.

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Avalerion posted:

No preference, cheers. 4484-8908-1219, in game as Andrew.

Can trade you a beastball feebass for it.

Added! I can trade it to you now if you're available.

BearDrivingTruck posted:

A lady for easy ball breeding, please. I'll be home in an hour or so.

Done. I'll look for you in an hour-ish.

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

Silver Falcon posted:

Added! I can trade it to you now if you're available.

I'm on, I'll need to add your code as well though. :) Edit: Cheers, got it!

Avalerion fucked around with this message at 17:20 on Jan 29, 2017

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Avalerion posted:

I'm on, I'll need to add your code as well though. :)

Oh derp. I've posted the thing so many times I forgot.

Here it is: 3695-0046-6822 Trainer name Silver.

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

Ometeotl posted:

That makes sense, Shiinotic is a fun guy (or gal).

Hey. Shut up.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

PSWII60 posted:

The Shiinotic line gets a fun move that I didn't know about until recently. Looks awesone.

I want to make a gimmick team with Malamar and a Shiinotic boosting its attack

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ogmius815
Aug 25, 2005
centrism is a hell of a drug

How do I get better festival plaza facilities? God I hate festival plaza.