Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
I thought the idea of Trump getting impeached or being a total gently caress up was just my mega progressive wishful thinking. Im coming around to the fact that he may not make it through his first term with some of his business bullshit.
He is doing real harm to Americans and others though and that sucks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Jastiger posted:

I thought the idea of Trump getting impeached or being a total gently caress up was just my mega progressive wishful thinking. Im coming around to the fact that he may not make it through his first term with some of his business bullshit.
He is doing real harm to Americans and others though and that sucks.

That voter fraud executive order is gonna backfire so bad if he actually goes through with it

doverhog
May 31, 2013

Defender of democracy and human rights 🇺🇦
He can't be impeached without his own party turning against him. The idea of what he would have to do the get the GOP to impeach him is loving terrifying.

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.
Is Pence better? Seriously asking.

doverhog
May 31, 2013

Pence is a religious nut that wants to electrocute gays into being straight and ban all abortions and force women to hold funeral services for the fetus if they have a stillbirth. Still probably better than Trump.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Pence doesn't believe in evolution but I don't think that has any effect on his reign/vice presidency.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Das Boo posted:

No. He'd be the monster everyone is currently pretending Trump is.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

doverhog posted:

He can't be impeached without his own party turning against him. The idea of what he would have to do the get the GOP to impeach him is loving terrifying.

Is it just majority, or 2/3? There are several Republicans against him.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Das Boo posted:

Initially I thought he would be the same or worse, but Trump is doing a lot of really bizarre stuff that "normal" Republican presidents probably wouldn't do*. Normal Republicans are constrained by the fact that they have to at least maintain the veneer of responsibility and sanity, but Trump seems a lot more...active than I was expecting him to be.

* For example the fact that he seems like he's going to continue trying to build the wall, or the literally insane voter fraud investigation stuff. Or the thing with freezing EPA grants/contracts. Or the fact he's still talking about cutting US funding to the UN. There's a lot of stuff I was hoping was just campaign talk, but it seems he's actually trying to follow through with it.

doverhog
May 31, 2013

Aphrodite posted:

Is it just majority, or 2/3? There are several Republicans against him.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Impeachment_in_the_United_States kind regards.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Solice Kirsk posted:

No. He'd be the monster everyone is currently pretending Trump is.

And then there's Paul Ryan who is just a political Terminator who has thrown away all pretense of social conservatism and just wants to see children dying in the streets and being ground up in industrial machinery.

Ytlaya posted:

Initially I thought he would be the same or worse, but Trump is doing a lot of really bizarre stuff that "normal" Republican presidents probably wouldn't do*. Normal Republicans are constrained by the fact that they have to at least maintain the veneer of responsibility and sanity, but Trump seems a lot more...active than I was expecting him to be.

* For example the fact that he seems like he's going to continue trying to build the wall, or the literally insane voter fraud investigation stuff. Or the thing with freezing EPA grants/contracts. Or the fact he's still talking about cutting US funding to the UN. There's a lot of stuff I was hoping was just campaign talk, but it seems he's actually trying to follow through with it.

Eh, that wall stuff is the least insane part of his platform, it was a bullet point for every past president including Bill Clinton, and it effectively already exists, except it's a wall of men and patrol cars rather than concrete. The really worrying thing is that he will sign anything the Congress Republicans bring to him so he can get back to tweeting about TV shows.

steinrokkan has a new favorite as of 11:10 on Jan 28, 2017

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Wheat Loaf posted:

The best brand of crisps is Tayto, but specifically Northern Ireland Tayto (ROI Tayto are also good).

You have this totally backwards, punk.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

EmmyOk posted:

You have this totally backwards, punk.

To be fair, Northern Ireland is a totally backwards place.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Also, the best flavour of crisps is Tayto brand Worcester Sauce.

Ramagamma
Feb 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Worcester flavour crisps are legit, shout to to tomato ketchup which are repulsive to some but to me Salt and Vinegar is the king of the crisp flavours and has been since I was a wee lad.

Ready salted is fine but not as a normal packet of crisps, more useful for a bit of crunch in a salad or maybe in a crisp sandwich when you come home baked at 2am

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar
The only chip worth eating aside from regular salted chip is salt & vinegar. The lame kettle cooked chips that claim to be salt and vinegar don't count, they are bad. If your mouth isn't in mild pain after eating a few handfuls it's not salty+vinegary enough.

Ramagamma
Feb 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

yeah I eat rear end posted:

If your mouth isn't in mild pain after eating a few handfuls it's not salty+vinegary enough.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
"Hardcore" crisp eaters are the worst.

Right along with people who have to eat the spiciest thing on the menu, and then bitch when it's edible.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar

sassassin posted:

"Hardcore" crisp eaters are the worst.

Right along with people who have to eat the spiciest thing on the menu, and then bitch when it's edible.

It has nothing to do with being hardcore. Weakly flavored salt & vinegar chips just aren't good. The pain isn't the good part, it's just a side effect of having enough flavor.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
I do love salt & vinegar chips, along with original. I'll try any awful sounding chip flavors, except for biscuits and gravy chips..seriously, i'm in the south, there's biscuits and gravy anywhere you go.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Ramagamma posted:

Worcester flavour crisps are legit, shout to to tomato ketchup which are repulsive to some but to me Salt and Vinegar is the king of the crisp flavours and has been since I was a wee lad.

I don't really like most of the novelty flavours (I remember when I was in primary school we got free packets of baked beans flavoured crisps for Red Nose Day) but Tayto did these "hometown" limited edition brands: Ulster fry, curry chips and vegetable roll. The first two weren't bad but the veggie roll ones were minging.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Wheat Loaf posted:

Also, the best flavour of crisps is Tayto brand Worcester Sauce.

Walkers Crisps are better.

hard counter
Jan 2, 2015

doverhog posted:

We shouldn't be forced to work at all. Jobs should be hobbies that you choose to take a bit more seriously.

while i am sympathetic for the yearning for star trek times and effectively infinite energy isn't this opinion a little juvenile, like even to fantasize about?

just to feed your rear end, and everyone else's, a ton of people need to work very strenuous jobs at number of different levels; whether it's certifying that your foods meet health and safety requirements, handling nutrient fortification and preservation, handling some side of the involved logistics, or just outright working the raw earth there's a vast amount of labor involved in just making sure you don't starve or suffer food-related illnesses - the number of people laboring to meet your other requirements for shelter, healthcare, tools, electricity, entertainment, etc only gets more and more staggering the longer you consider how many human-made products you consume daily and the situation sours even more when you remember that many of these resources come from finite sources; ultimately you are involved in irreparable change, if not outright damage, to the entirety of the earth

in the name of fairness, whether social or universal, it shouldn't be stretching things to ask that you make some significant contribution back into the world in the form of an honest ~8 hours doing a job you picked even if the idea of being nonstop forced to fight for your share doesn't jive with terminal definitions of altruism

AutumnDDP
Oct 23, 2016

Grimey Drawer
If I didn't have to work I would probably kill myself due to a lack of meaningfulness so that's worth something probably.

AutumnDDP
Oct 23, 2016

Grimey Drawer
Hi everyone,

I tried making a grilled cheese sandwich with cheese and banana. It was ok. The previous poster that acted like it was a revelation was full of crap. Thanks!

-Autumn

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

AutumnDDP posted:

Hi everyone,

I tried making a grilled cheese sandwich with cheese and banana. It was ok. The previous poster that acted like it was a revelation was full of crap. Thanks!

-Autumn

Sorry about your half broken taste buds or possibly sense of smell :(

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

AutumnDDP posted:

If I didn't have to work I would probably kill myself due to a lack of meaningfulness so that's worth something probably.

If I don't work for longer than a week I start getting depressed. Living creatures need a drive to continue living regardless of what it is, but hobbies don't necesarily fill the void

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

AutumnDDP posted:

Hi everyone,

-Autumn

The "use mayonnaise instead of butter" thing that people go on about is also pretty underwhelming.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Put fried plantains in the sandwich instead. Banana is a dessert item.

starkebn
May 18, 2004

"Oooh, got a little too serious. You okay there, little buddy?"
Why use butter on a sandwich at all?

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

starkebn posted:

Why use butter on a sandwich at all?

For making grilled cheese. Apparently some people just butter their frying pan instead of putting mayo on the outside of the bread.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

You can't grill on a frying pan

starkebn
May 18, 2004

"Oooh, got a little too serious. You okay there, little buddy?"
Oh, I forgot we're talking about American food

I've only ever made grilled sandwiches in a non stick press

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

And I deep fry chicken in my oven

AutumnDDP
Oct 23, 2016

Grimey Drawer
For what it's worth, the banana + cheese combo is pretty interesting. I recommend everyone try it. I'll probably have it again.

It's like peanut butter and pickles: not super great, but certainly interesting and decent.

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

Maybe if I'm busy it could keep me from you

AutumnDDP posted:

Of my ten years since high school, I've been unemployed for over three of them, and it's always the best. Find meaning in things other than busywork. Keep your mind occupied through self-discovery and learning (and I don't just mean go to school).

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE

Mu Zeta posted:

And I deep fry chicken in my oven

It's not a literal thing it's just the name of a sandwich you dumbass.

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE

Fashionable Jorts posted:

Of my ten years since high school, I've been unemployed for over three of them, and it's always the best. Find meaning in things other than busywork. Keep your mind occupied through self-discovery and learning (and I don't just mean go to school).

I've been unemployed for the past 2 months, the longest gap since I've started working. Playing the guitar has kept me sane.

Everyone knows someone that has an instrument they don't want or will sell for cheap. Get that poo poo and play it.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Field Mousepad posted:

It's not a literal thing it's just the name of a sandwich you dumbass.

It's just the name of my chicken, oval office

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE
You name the chickens you cook? That's weird dude.