Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

thegasman2000
Feb 12, 2005
Update my TFLC log? BOLLOCKS!
/
:backtowork:

HappyCamperGL posted:

rip johny sexton

How the gently caress he passed the tests to come back on I dont know... Also with the game at the stage its at why are they risking him?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vaders Jester
Sep 9, 2009

:scotland:

thegasman2000 posted:

How the gently caress he passed the tests to come back on I dont know... Also with the game at the stage its at why are they risking him?

He's probably so broken at this point, his baseline is somewhere around an 8 year old.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

thegasman2000 posted:

Because World Rugby once again showed that they're a bunch of chickenshits when it comes to consistent application of the law and sanctions, and their bloviating with no real consequence regarding Northampton and George North proved to clubs and provinces that there will be no consequence if they disregard player welfare, especially surrounding concussions, since at worst, it'll be a strongly worded memo from Gossers calling them a bunch of naughty boys.

MyChemicalImbalance
Sep 15, 2007

Keep on smilin'

:unsmith:
Oh no what happened to Johnny? I'd already heard rumblings he'd call time on his international career after the Lions tour due to his buildup of injuries :ohdear:

E: just watched it, gently caress me Frans no need to concuss the guy who's already a high functioning cabbage. Johnny should call it a day, I'd like to see him leave the game on his own terms.

MyChemicalImbalance fucked around with this message at 23:14 on Jan 14, 2017

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Yeah it's not good how badly he has got beaten up the last 2-3 years. Between 6 nations and Lions (Last Lions tour was incredible in terms of the physicality of the games) he is at high risk of lasting damage

Vaders Jester
Sep 9, 2009

Apparently the EPCR are investigating Munster over Murray being let back onto the pitch after it looked like he was knocked unconscious against Glasgow. Expect yet more slaps on the wrist and gently caress all being done to clubs putting their players at risk.

Tyma
Dec 22, 2004

I love Leinster and I couldn't be happier that Jordie Barrett has signed with them on a short term deal.
Saracens and Toulon just had one of the most exciting matches I've ever seen, until both teams literally decided to stop playing and keep the score level, in order for them to both go through :{

Also, Nadolo did a thing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WvMEGgIcWSA&t=1m34s

Tyma fucked around with this message at 19:03 on Jan 21, 2017

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
He just loving drops his shoulder and they bounce off. Good leg strength, but some bad tackling.

Tyma
Dec 22, 2004

I love Leinster and I couldn't be happier that Jordie Barrett has signed with them on a short term deal.
You can tell it's Good Rugby Clip, because it ends with George North getting hit in the head.

HappyCamperGL
May 18, 2014

JFC, what has happened to Leicester. They are abysmal.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
They really don't want to be in the cup anymore.

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Munster v Racing 92 has started getting interesting

Tyma
Dec 22, 2004

The Ospreys are the first team in European rugby history to win and bonus point all 6 games of the group stage :neckbeard:

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Another MoM award for CJ Stander. He is so so good

Communist Bear
Oct 7, 2008

Glasgow annihilated Leicester and we're in the quarter final for the first time! :)

Vaders Jester
Sep 9, 2009

Stade's pitch is frozen and their match against Harlequins is delayed. This is a week after Stade filed a complaint against Timosoara and got a 5 point, 28-0 due to a supposedly frozen pitch in Romania. I reckon Quins should do the same to them.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I would. That's just cheap.

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

There seems to be no 6 Nations fantasy leagues this year, are they too confused by the rule changes to update their games?

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO

Aramoro posted:

There seems to be no 6 Nations fantasy leagues this year, are they too confused by the rule changes to update their games?

Overwhelmed by processing the number of injured players?

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

I was making a pool for something else so I made one for here as well, no idea how good this place is but it seems good.

http://www.superbru.com/sixnationsfantasy/pool.php?p=11652862

Pool name: SomethingAwful

Pool code: moatrubs

Looke
Aug 2, 2013

i hope bristol win a game without help some point this season

Communist Bear
Oct 7, 2008

Apparently you can be an utter thuggish malicious oval office who probably will commit assault at some point in life and still be the captain of your national team. Pretty good, that!

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

WMain00 posted:

Apparently you can be an utter thuggish malicious oval office who probably will commit assault at some point in life and still be the captain of your national team. Pretty good, that!

EnglandRugby.txt

Plucky Brit
Nov 7, 2009

Swing low, sweet chariot

I'm sure Hartley did a great deal to 'convince' Eddie that he was the right man for the captaincy.

MyChemicalImbalance
Sep 15, 2007

Keep on smilin'

Punching, gouging, elbowing, biting, headbutting and calling Wayne Barnes a loving cheat shows some impressive variety though, the rap sheet of a true leader.

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Wayne Barnes deserved it most likely

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
If he'd done all that to Wayne Barnes, he'd still be a oval office.

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO
Priestland starts tonight. Should be interesting

HappyCamperGL
May 18, 2014

The stadium for the Wellington 7s is practically empty. I know the NZ side is underperforming recently but this is just embarrasing.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

HappyCamperGL posted:

The stadium for the Wellington 7s is practically empty. I know the NZ side is underperforming recently but this is just embarrasing.

It's also due to people getting fed the gently caress up with drunken shitheads ruining it for others.

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

Our review identified changes needed to be made and, in Stephen, we have a coach who has a reputation for demanding the highest standards.

Vagabundo posted:

It's also due to people getting fed the gently caress up with drunken shitheads ruining it for others.

And said drunken shitheads getting fed up with increasingly stifling rules and regulations. The NRL League 9's comp as a direct competitor with much higher star power has been the death blow.

Stitecin
Feb 6, 2004
Mayor of Stitecinopolis
League 9's is a thing?

The first time I lived in Australia a coworker tried to get me into League. I hadn't ever seen Union, AFL, or League (or cricket, or netball, or competetive sheep herding) so I tried to learn them all. I thought then, and still do that League is the worst stuff about NFL mixed with the worst parts of Union. I can't imagine having fewer people makes it any less unwatchable.

Schlesische
Jul 4, 2012

Stitecin posted:

League 9's is a thing?

The first time I lived in Australia a coworker tried to get me into League. I hadn't ever seen Union, AFL, or League (or cricket, or netball, or competetive sheep herding) so I tried to learn them all. I thought then, and still do that League is the worst stuff about NFL mixed with the worst parts of Union. I can't imagine having fewer people makes it any less unwatchable.

I refuse to believe the drunk bogans who make up the average Rugby League crowd are matched in any of their negative aspects by any other sports crowd on earth. Except maybe Soccer Ultras.

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Connacht's Ben Marshall has retired at 26 due to concussion.

In similar news, Sexton is out of the Scotland game which is good as he would probably just get another concussion as well

lenoon
Jan 7, 2010

And yet North determinedly stumbles on increasingly confused as to why he's allowed to still play

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Just created a fantasy rugby league at http://fantasyrugby.espn.co.uk

Code is 1337574-45669

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

I was just coming here to pimp the one I made earlier

http://www.superbru.com/sixnationsfantasy/pool.php?p=11652862

Pool name: SomethingAwful

Pool code: moatrubs

If people prefer ESPN we could all bail into that one? There's only 5 of us in this one so far.

Vaders Jester
Sep 9, 2009

Happy to play in both leagues because I have an unhealthy love for fantasy sports.

Vaders Jester
Sep 9, 2009

Here is the Scotland team that will inevitably Scotland it up against Ireland. No real surprises at all other than maybe Matt Scott not making it into the 23 man team given his form in the Premiership at the moment.

1. Allan Dell
2. Fraser Brown
3. Zander Fagerson
4. Richie Gray
5. Jonny Gray
6. Ryan Wilson
7. Hamish Watson
8. Josh Strauss
9. Greig Laidlaw (capt)
10. Finn Russel
11. Tommy Seymour
12. Alex Dunbar
13. Huw Jones
14. Sean Maitland
15. Stuart Hogg

16. Ross Ford
17. Gordon Reid
18. Simon Beghan
19. Tim Swinson
20. John Barclay
21. Ali Price
22. Duncan Weir
23. Mark Bennett

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MyChemicalImbalance
Sep 15, 2007

Keep on smilin'

And the Ireland team is:

R Kearney; K Earls, G Ringrose, R Henshaw, S Zebo; P Jackson, C Murray; J McGrath, R Best, T Furlong; I Henderson, D Toner; CJ Stander, S O'Brien, J Heaslip.

Replacements: N Scannell, C Healy, U Dillane, J Ryan, J van der Flier, K Marmion, I Keatley, T Bowe.

Could be an entertaining game, that Scottish back line looks dangerous.