Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Death By The Blues
Oct 30, 2011
Its just alternative beliefs gently caress Whitey, yeeeshhhh

But it amazes me the amount of people saying "I can't believe he is doing this". Why is it such a shock? He said he was going to do it...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

People say lots of things.

Fuck Whitey
Nov 9, 2016

by SA Support Robot

Death By The Blues posted:

Its just alternative beliefs gently caress Whitey, yeeeshhhh

But it amazes me the amount of people saying "I can't believe he is doing this". Why is it such a shock? He said he was going to do it...

its kinda like that whole your right to throw a punch ends where my nose starts thing except your right to be a nazi ends when i beat the living poo poo out of you

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

Sean Connery sure played a lot of rapists, huh?

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

DeimosRising posted:

From memory, the current ban would have prevented 0 of the 9/11 hijackers and neither of the San Bern shooters from entering the US. That's not the point, yet, but if they do get the balls to expand and include Saudi, I hope you like standing in line for gas.

The 9/11 hijackers were all Saudi Arabian and every other act of domestic terrorism that could possibly be attributed to "Islamic Extremists" were committed by people born in this country.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

DeimosRising posted:

Sean Connery sure played a lot of rapists, huh?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oo0d1zTAFKA

Death By The Blues
Oct 30, 2011
As long as the Canadians aren't banned you should be fine.

Where else would you get your uhm ehr...Maple Syrup?

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

Skwirl posted:

The 9/11 hijackers were all Saudi Arabian and every other act of domestic terrorism that could possibly be attributed to "Islamic Extremists" were committed by people born in this country.

No one of the guys was Egyptian and one was from the UAE iirc, and maybe one or a planner from Lebanon. And wasn't the wife at San Bern Pakistani? Still no one from a currently banned country.

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer

As long as the Canadians aren't banned you should be fine.

Where else would you get your uhm ehr...Maple Syrup?
Vermont. :v:

Actually, Canada is the largest exporter of oil to the US. They're responsible for about 40% of our imports. Saudi Arabia is #2 at like 10-11%.

Safety Factor fucked around with this message at 23:04 on Jan 28, 2017

Death By The Blues
Oct 30, 2011
Yea remember going to Vermont. State Troopers stopped us for going under the speed limit (said we were speeding). In his defense I was looking swarthy (beard olive complexion).

You would also lose out on all our precious water and cheese curds.

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Wisconsin :colbert:

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Safety Factor posted:

Vermont. :v:

Actually, Canada is the largest exporter of oil to the US. They're responsible for about 40% of our imports. Saudi Arabia is #2 at like 10-11%.

I know we have some Canadian goons, can I apologize in advance for our inevitable invasion of your beautiful country?

Fuck Whitey
Nov 9, 2016

by SA Support Robot
if anyone wants to donate to a worthy cause i have an amazon wishlist of things to put in a bag in case everything catches fire, number one is a plastic bag to suffocate myself with,

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

gently caress Whitey posted:

if anyone wants to donate to a worthy cause i have an amazon wishlist of things to put in a bag in case everything catches fire, number one is a plastic bag to suffocate myself with,

New York got the bag fee too? Most corner stores will sell you an extra thick "re-usable" plastic bag for 10 cents.

Fuck Whitey
Nov 9, 2016

by SA Support Robot

Skwirl posted:

New York got the bag fee too? Most corner stores will sell you an extra thick "re-usable" plastic bag for 10 cents.

im not in an actual major urban area with corner stores

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Skwirl posted:

New York got the bag fee too?

I saw that Chicago's instituting the tax on both paper and plastic bags, and I'll believe that when I see it. When I lived in Baltimore, every grocery store and corner store had signage saying they had to charge ten cents per plastic bag given and not a single store ever assessed it.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Timby posted:

I saw that Chicago's instituting the tax on both paper and plastic bags, and I'll believe that when I see it. When I lived in Baltimore, every grocery store and corner store had signage saying they had to charge ten cents per plastic bag given and not a single store ever assessed it.

I usually get charged at liquor stores (well not my corner store, but other ones), when I go to an actual grocery store it doesn't come up because I only buy poo poo that will fit in my backpack.

Death By The Blues
Oct 30, 2011
Get some reusable tote bags?

So any one have special plans tonightttt

E: looks because of this ban my parents won't be allowed in the states.

Death By The Blues fucked around with this message at 01:09 on Jan 29, 2017

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...
This recent reorganization is making me click on Creative Convention instead of this forum

Hat Thoughts
Jul 27, 2012

Coaaab posted:

This recent reorganization is making me click on Creative Convention instead of this forum

haha i was about to make this post...good luck 2 phiz

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

Imagine not just bookmarking this thread and then using it to get to the rest of CineD :v:

At least the new subforum got moved. It didn't make sense here.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Magic Hate Ball posted:

The George Packer play, or Pinter's Betrayal, because there's a film of the latter that's pretty good but hasn't made it past VHS.

The former. I'm pretty play-illiterate in general but I caught a broadcast of that play on CTV late one night and I was like "drat, this is pretty good, and real, and sad."

Hat Thoughts
Jul 27, 2012

UnknownMercenary posted:

Imagine not just bookmarking this thread and then using it to get to the rest of CineD :v:

At least the new subforum got moved. It didn't make sense here.

thats one more click

X-Ray Pecs
May 11, 2008

New York
Ice Cream
TV
Travel
~Good Times~

Uncle Boogeyman posted:

When they go low, we tweet pictures of the statue of liberty crying

https://twitter.com/TheDemocrats/status/825514858439442434

Not even trying to hide their influence, huh.

Trump said a lot of dumb poo poo on the campaign trail, and no one knew what was going to stick.

Thankfully, the ACLU has lawyered up and got an indefinite stay on green card residents, I believe. Time for me to pony up for the ACLU.

If anyone wants good news, my kitty's doing well, she's getting food through a feeding tube and has recovered a lot from that procedure. She spent most of Thursday, Friday, and Today lying on her stomach, and now she's standing upright!

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Speaking of Pee Pee Doo Doo, this just happened.

https://twitter.com/Jess4_RK/status/825358392575266816

Fuck Whitey
Nov 9, 2016

by SA Support Robot

X-Ray Pecs posted:

https://twitter.com/TheDemocrats/status/825514858439442434

Not even trying to hide their influence, huh.

Trump said a lot of dumb poo poo on the campaign trail, and no one knew what was going to stick.

Thankfully, the ACLU has lawyered up and got an indefinite stay on green card residents, I believe. Time for me to pony up for the ACLU.

If anyone wants good news, my kitty's doing well, she's getting food through a feeding tube and has recovered a lot from that procedure. She spent most of Thursday, Friday, and Today lying on her stomach, and now she's standing upright!

Virgil Texas liking my reply to that tweet made my day

Death By The Blues
Oct 30, 2011
Thats no excuse from the offset we knew he was an attention seeker and the biggest narcissist around, of course he is going to do extremely reactionary things. More and more people will talk about him, we knew that from the beginning.

Anyone here excited for Get out?

Magic Hate Ball
May 6, 2007

ha ha ha!
you've already paid for this
I'm excited to Get Out of this country.

Hat Thoughts
Jul 27, 2012
Feel like this informational vid is a lot more ominous than they intended

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe

Hat Thoughts posted:

I'm torn on this. Like, yes, absolutely gently caress the "Jumping over dead Jews" guy, but man, at least young folks are actually at a memorial where they might just learn something about a rapidly-fading and uncomfortable-enough-to-want-to-forget moment in history, while doing their dumbass selfies.

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

These dentures won't stop me from tearing out jugulars in Thunderdome.

On the other hand, the Holocaust Museum in DC had to ask people to stop coming in just to catch Pokemon.

X-Ray Pecs
May 11, 2008

New York
Ice Cream
TV
Travel
~Good Times~

MisterBibs posted:

I'm torn on this. Like, yes, absolutely gently caress the "Jumping over dead Jews" guy, but man, at least young folks are actually at a memorial where they might just learn something about a rapidly-fading and uncomfortable-enough-to-want-to-forget moment in history, while doing their dumbass selfies.

I bet you also think you should debate nazis.

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
^ Nah, Nazis are too far gone. Random teens? You've got a chance.

Grizzled Patriarch posted:

On the other hand, the Holocaust Museum in DC had to ask people to stop coming in just to catch Pokemon.

See, that's sort of the point. Yeah, kids are going to a holocaust museum to catch Pokemon. It's weird and moderately innapropriate. You might just prevent a Nazi in the future if you don't make a holocaust museum or memorial into a Stop Having Fun Here place.

But they're going to a holocaust museum. A place that otherwise, they'd either avoid or go in glass-eyed on a field trip and not remember poo poo. They might be going there for a frigging Pikachu, but they are still walking around the halls of the place, more involved.

MisterBibs fucked around with this message at 06:07 on Jan 29, 2017

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

In a lighter more personal note, I'm about to see my first David Lynch film in a theater. Fire Walk With Me. I saw an Audrey and a girl with a cool stripy t-shirt.

K. Waste
Feb 27, 2014

MORAL:
To the vector belong the spoils.

MisterBibs posted:

See, that's sort of the point. Yeah, kids are going to a holocaust museum to catch Pokemon. It's weird and moderately innapropriate. You might just prevent a Nazi in the future if you don't make a holocaust museum or memorial into a Stop Having Fun Here place.

But they're going to a holocaust museum. A place that otherwise, they'd either avoid or go in glass-eyed on a field trip and not remember poo poo. They might be going there for a frigging Pikachu, but they are still walking around the halls of the place, more involved.

Oh, I see, you're doing a whole Poe's law bit.

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe

K. Waste posted:

Nah, since I had to look it up.

It shouldn't be an extreme position to say that it's a good thing to get people to holocaust memorials and museums. You catch more bees with honey than vinegar, after all, and pearl-clutching about young people are doing selfies is, IMO, is short-sighted.

MisterBibs fucked around with this message at 06:18 on Jan 29, 2017

wyoming
Jun 7, 2010

Like a television
tuned to a dead channel.

Hat Thoughts posted:

I'm pro both graveyard parkour and photoshopping historical atrocities.

Though to be honest I was afraid this was going to be about my little ponies in the Holocaust.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Lmao some guy just came in screaming to save the line weasel. Hell yeah.

Hat Thoughts
Jul 27, 2012

K. Waste posted:

Misterbibs is the simply the most powerful normie ever

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Magic Hate Ball
May 6, 2007

ha ha ha!
you've already paid for this

CelticPredator posted:

In a lighter more personal note, I'm about to see my first David Lynch film in a theater. Fire Walk With Me. I saw an Audrey and a girl with a cool stripy t-shirt.

I'd love to see any of Lynch's films in the theater, but FWWM is way, way up on the list.

• Locked thread