Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chill Callahan
Nov 14, 2012
The only 7" album box set worth getting

http://www.teenbeatrecords.com/items/119.html

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

I know what you did last summer, and frankly I am displeased.

Barry posted:

I feel like one of us is living in an alternate universe because Ryan Adams just seems completely ever-present to me. He releases like 12 albums a week and is always mentioned in the music press for something or other

I pay zero attention to the music press, so I think that might be the deal. But also I don't know any single person who listens to Ryan Adams.

BigFactory
Sep 17, 2002

CPL593H posted:

I pay zero attention to the music press, so I think that might be the deal. But also I don't know any single person who listens to Ryan Adams.

Feelin' left out here, buddy.

Peas and Rice
Jul 14, 2004

Honor and profit.
I'm headed to Silicon Valley in a few days and have some time to kill. Are there any record stores in the area worth checking out?

(Not in SF though).

The Senator Giroux
Jul 9, 2006
Dead Ringer

Peas and Rice posted:

I'm headed to Silicon Valley in a few days and have some time to kill. Are there any record stores in the area worth checking out?

(Not in SF though).

I liked Rasputin and Streetlight pretty well, and Needle to the Groove was nice (all those are in the San Jose area)

LooksLikeABabyRat
Jun 26, 2008

Oh dang, I'd nibble that cheese

Peas and Rice posted:

(Not in SF though).

There's a cool shop in Campbell called On the Corner that I liked a lot. It's a mile or two away from a Rasputin as well.

dorium
Nov 5, 2009

If it gets in your eyes
Just look into mine
Just look into dreams
and you'll be alright
I'll be alright

The Senator Giroux posted:

I liked Rasputin and Streetlight pretty well, and Needle to the Groove was nice (all those are in the San Jose area)

street light is dead and rasputin move to the haight. much smaller shop.

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

BigFactory posted:

Feelin' left out here, buddy.

If only there were some way I could have access to the AV Club and Ryan Adams' music.

Pingiivi
Mar 26, 2010

Straight into the iris!
I got the new Bonobo Migration album in the mail. This deluxe packaging is really neat and it comes in a bit thicker plastic sleeve that has the track info and stuff printed on it.

Stelio Kontos
Feb 12, 2014
Couple pick ups.

Dance Gavin Dance - Happiness

Dance Gavin Dance - Acceptance Speech

Codes!

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe
I took DGD - Happiness. Thanks!

JehovahsWetness
Dec 9, 2005

bang that shit retarded
prob not pertinent to most posters, but: never have children.

Stelio Kontos
Feb 12, 2014
As a poster with an almost 11 month old, goondolences, fellow parent.

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

I would build full locking doors on those shelves, and leave them on for about 20 years.

sporklift
Aug 3, 2008

Feelin' it so hard.

Transporting records on the cheap? Favorite gig bags? Lunchpail style boxes for 45s? I hate spending too much on this stuff cause that is less money to spend on various video gaming sountrax.

Right now I use a bike messenger type bag and old Pepsi half crates.

sporklift fucked around with this message at 06:13 on Jan 29, 2017

dorium
Nov 5, 2009

If it gets in your eyes
Just look into mine
Just look into dreams
and you'll be alright
I'll be alright

sporklift posted:

Transporting records on the cheap? Favorite gig bags? Lunchpail style boxes for 45s? I hate spending too much on this stuff cause that is less money to spend on various video gaming sountrax.

I've got a few record sized tote bags I've purchased from various record stores around the city. Set me back about $15 - $20 a piece. I guess it depends on how much you're looking to transport. I've seen some real nice protective tote bags and even a bicycle messenger style one. I think those are Turntable Labs products so they're sold at a premium.

ive seen this one in the wild and despite the company and accompanying images, it's not just hipster accessories. thing is solidly built and can store quite a haul. https://shop.katekoeppel.com/products/record-tote?variant=7663732421

https://www.turntablelab.com/collections/turntable-lab-date/products/turntable-lab-ttl-roll-top-backpack

https://www.turntablelab.com/products/soul-jazz-records-record-bag-7-navy-white

http://bicyclerecordbag.com/order.html

dorium fucked around with this message at 07:10 on Jan 29, 2017

Schremp Howard
Jul 18, 2010

What attitude problem?
Are you moving or just temporarily hauling stuff around? Last time I moved I put everything in those reuseable grocery bags that most places sell and it went pretty easily. Much better than boxing and lifting.

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

JehovahsWetness posted:

prob not pertinent to most posters, but: never have children.

I would absolutely never have children anyway, but it's funny you'd say this because the first thing I always think is "They will destroy a record collection".

sporklift posted:

Nothing quite made me understand how heavy records were like wandering around Harvard Square with a messenger bag packed full of them.

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

quote:

The Vinyl Thread: I would absolutely never have children

A human heart
Oct 10, 2012

CPL593H posted:

I would absolutely never have children anyway,

Boy, that's a relief

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

A human heart posted:

Boy, that's a relief

Why do you make it your job to be a huge loving jerkoff?

Giga Gaia
May 2, 2006

360 kickflip to... Meteo?!

Schremp Howard posted:

Are you moving or just temporarily hauling stuff around? Last time I moved I put everything in those reuseable grocery bags that most places sell and it went pretty easily. Much better than boxing and lifting.

I have two bags of lovely records I keep meaning to sell in bags like this. I use them as weights to do curls with sometimes. Works great and they cost a buck, definitely would recommend for transporting.

ShotgunWillie
Aug 30, 2005

a sexy automaton -