Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink
Yo, can we take a minute and talk about how Cinderella was a straight con-artist who played on women's insecurities and then used her stand to punish them when they failed to play to her fantasies?

Because that was a thing.

(Not that Yukako was innocent, but there's a difference between a teen doing something foolish and a grown adult getting paid.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole

Olive Garden tonight! posted:

I think it's creepy that Yukako basically love-potion coerced Koichi into love.

I thought this when I read the manga, but the anime makes it a lot more obvious that her modifications didn't actually do anything.

standard owl
Jan 9, 2011

Josuke Higashikata posted:

If you somehow think that the majority of things men talk about to their friends isn't things they want to gently caress or what gets them hard, you don't know much about men.

that's a good thing

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Olive Garden tonight! posted:

I think it's creepy that Yukako basically love-potion coerced Koichi into love.

I think you're bringing too much human morality into a comic book.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

I think you take this poo poo more seriously than you should, also it IS kinda creepy.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

didn't Koichi decide he liked her for her in the end or something

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Dias posted:

I think you take this poo poo more seriously than you should

You could write the things I take seriously on this forum on the back of the stamp and you'd still have room left over to write them all again tbh

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

horriblePencilist
Oct 18, 2012

It's a Dirt Devil!
Get it?

Says the guy complaining about Araki's homophobia

BaDandy
Apr 3, 2013

"This taste...

is the taste of a liar!"

Augus posted:

didn't Koichi decide he liked her for her in the end or something

Yeah.

"Maybe the real love was the Stand users we fought along the way" or something.

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012

You could write the things I take seriously on this forum on the back of the stamp and you'd still have room left over to write them all again tbh

Then don't fuckin post about them bitch

Digamma-F-Wau
Mar 22, 2016

It is curious and wants to accept all kinds of challenges
:yikes:

sounds like cabin fever is starting to settle

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Schwarzwald posted:

Yo, can we take a minute and talk about how Cinderella was a straight con-artist who played on women's insecurities and then used her stand to punish them when they failed to play to her fantasies?

Because that was a thing.

If I had to hazard a guess, I think she'd just do her job normally and the time limit was to make sure she had repeat business. I doubt the effects would've been as severe as Yukako's but that's what happens when you throw a business owner around her own shop like a lasso.

StalkofWheat
Oct 10, 2012
lol @ People acting like attempted murder isn't the main way people say friends in Jojo.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

StalkofWheat posted:

lol @ People acting like attempted murder isn't the main way people say friends in Jojo.

It's the Manga Way of making friends. Did they try to murder you? They're probably just trying to get chummy!

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
sincere posting owns imo

also yeah okuyasu literally tried to erase josuke from existence for like five minutes

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

RareAcumen posted:

If I had to hazard a guess, I think she'd just do her job normally and the time limit was to make sure she had repeat business. I doubt the effects would've been as severe as Yukako's but that's what happens when you throw a business owner around her own shop like a lasso.

A con-artist doing her job normally is still a bad thing, IMHO.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

A full translation of the Jojo villains x Disney songs video was just released: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eDQLE_1O63Q

Goldaline
Dec 21, 2006

my dear
Question for my Jojo peeps-I'm about 3/4ths of the way done with a Yotsuyu Yagiyama costume, and I can't for the life of me find a good shot of the medallion on his little fannypack. It looks like it has kanji on it, but I can't quite see all of it. Any clue?

Also there's 128 spikes on him, and he can't kneel down, if you were wondering.

PeaceDiner
Mar 24, 2013

Goldaline posted:

Question for my Jojo peeps-I'm about 3/4ths of the way done with a Yotsuyu Yagiyama costume, and I can't for the life of me find a good shot of the medallion on his little fannypack. It looks like it has kanji on it, but I can't quite see all of it. Any clue?

Also there's 128 spikes on him, and he can't kneel down, if you were wondering.

Somebody can correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe the kanji on his bag is 夜 (the "yo" from his name). Alternatively, I guess you could also use the design of his bag from chapter 26 where it just has an "H" on it.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

I did it, I made it to the grand reveal of King Crimson.
Alright, I gotta ask...how?

How does King Crimson manage to be so drat COOL!?

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Well, it's simple. The thing about King Crimson---

---and he's just so darn MAD!

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...
2xFace
2xMad

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
"Why are you so mad, King Crimson?"
"I can't see my forehead >:["

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

The main villains in JoJo always have the coolest Stands don't they. The World, Killer Queen, and King Crimson are so cool. God I already can't wait for the anime to come back.

It's just so cool!

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
Araki has yet to gently caress up making a JoJo's, or their bad guy'. Stand look cool as gently caress

also I love that the Stand art books reveal that Araki based King Crimson off that dude with a head in his chest from Total Recall. Like Araki saw loving George and was like "lmao that guy was cool, i want him as the ground work for current villan's power design"

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
https://mobile.twitter.com/mchosjj

A Twitter page, it has some high quality Jojo's Diamond is Unbreakable Cosplay/Fanart, and a few other cool posts.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Schwarzwald posted:

A con-artist doing her job normally is still a bad thing, IMHO.

How is it a con? She told her up-front how it works and what to do to keep it working. Where's the trick?

Also, are we still doing super reductive kludged together analyses of Jojo stuff? Because I got a real humdinger of one about SBR. Hoo boy, it's a hot one!

Meat Beat Agent
Aug 5, 2007

felonious assault with a sproinging boner
My in-depth analysis of SBR: There are horses in it

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

RareAcumen posted:

How is it a con? She told her up-front how it works and what to do to keep it working. Where's the trick?

1) She can use her powers to change someone's face, but it doesn't do anything for their luck that can't be better attributed to simply being more confident.
2) She's explicitly selling her abilities to change peoples luck.
3) Her powers have no duration or drawback other than those she purposely imposes.
4) She intentionally withholds not only her ability to restore her clients to their natural state, but the fact that she even choose to do so.

That's not reductive, that's what happens in the story.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord
She could just be loving with Yukako in particular

Amaryllis
Aug 14, 2007

Nobody makes a fool out of Rohan Kishibe!
Everything about Cinderella is fairy tale stuff, from the name itself, to the fairy godmother-style stand power with unnecessarily strict temporal restrictions, to the resolution to the story, which involves Yukako taking the first step toward having a little bit of chill and putting her trust in Koichi to make a good decision, without any magic, based on his sincere feelings. Sometimes I feel uncomfortable about poo poo in jojo but Cinderella barely registers in any way.

Goldaline posted:

I'm about 3/4ths of the way done with a Yotsuyu Yagiyama costume
I have no input on the mysterious medallion, but I hope you'll post some pictures of the finished costume! I love Yotsuyu's design but man does that ever seem like a difficult one to pull off IRL.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
I like that the girl who runs out of Cinderella's is seen dating one of the bikers from Surface in the final ep

that's all I got

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012
theory i just came up with Jobin is intentionally stopping the curse from being lifted because he thinks living through it strengthens you as a person

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

Josuke...you have to be willing to lift yourself up by your 'bootstraps' to achieve true mastery of this 'world'...

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Johnny Joestar posted:

Josuke...you have to be willing to lift yourself up by your 'bootstraps' to achieve true mastery of this 'world'...

'Welfare' is 'paid for' using the 'stolen fruits of labor' from 'captains of industry' to subsist 'parasites'.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord
The SBR universe doesn't have Requiem Stands, it has L'Internationale Stands that are granted when your stand is pierced by the 「Hammer and Sickle」.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

I 'embrace' my sovereignty! JoJo!!

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Jojo! We have to 'seize' the 'means of production!'

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

The 'kulaks' had it 'coming', Gyro!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Farg
Nov 19, 2013

Johnny Joestar posted:

I 'embrace' my sovereignty! JoJo!!

Which Jojo is closest to achieving Royalty