Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

X-Ray Pecs
May 11, 2008

New York
Ice Cream
TV
Travel
~Good Times~

The Crotch posted:

(Chapo's only truly bad episode was the Wardell riff session.)

"Sexual Jumanji" was good, but the rest of the episode was a definite misfire.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Misandry Cannon
Mar 7, 2012

tumor looking batty posted:

The usual. Joe rogan. Cum town.

Joe Rogan sucks and is kind of an idiot.

Wrestlepig
Feb 25, 2011

my mum says im cool

Toilet Rascal
gently caress joe rogan for turning guys in my jiujitsu class to pseudo-hippie/jocks who are really into sensory deprivation tanks.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

rumble in the bunghole posted:

gently caress joe rogan for turning guys in my jiujitsu class to pseudo-hippie/jocks who are really into sensory deprivation tanks.

ask them about doing MMA with the Machine Elves.

https://twitter.com/firescotch/status/825463847041515525

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

joe rogan created a whole new kind of hippie and should be praised, not scorned. He found a way to merge MMA dudes and ~toxins~ dudes into one, so now every so often I have some dude who spends their free time fighting other dudes come in close and say 'hey man you ever hear about cleanses?' and then explain how drinking a potion that makes them poo poo rope for a week purified their body for maximum armbars or whatever

Pomplamoose
Jun 28, 2008

tumor looking batty posted:

The usual. Joe rogan. Cum town.

Does anyone have a link to that video of Joe Rogan talking about some tragedy and then immediately changing the subject to some dumb video he saw online?

JohnnyC
Jun 8, 2008
the wardell episode features a conversation about MDE and the extremely thorny ethics of comedy that is not lengthy or deep as it could be but is still pretty fascinating imo and also still relevant. thanks. the worst bonus episode is the full length interview with the trad cath guy, although tbh as a lapsed catholic it was great to hear all of the hosts screaming furiously at him

Bulkiest Toaster
Jan 22, 2013

by R. Guyovich
I like those adversarial interviews. The trad cath one was a trainwreck but entertaining. I like the one with the libertarian. It was more civil and interesting.

Under the vegetable
Nov 2, 2004

by Smythe

Sebadoh Gigante posted:

Does anyone have a link to that video of Joe Rogan talking about some tragedy and then immediately changing the subject to some dumb video he saw online?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BKrf7mX_R6M

Bulkiest Toaster
Jan 22, 2013

by R. Guyovich

How can anyone not like Joe Rogan after watching that video?

padijun
Feb 5, 2004

murderbears forever

JohnnyC posted:

the wardell episode features a conversation about MDE and the extremely thorny ethics of comedy that is not lengthy or deep as it could be but is still pretty fascinating imo and also still relevant. thanks. the worst bonus episode is the full length interview with the trad cath guy, although tbh as a lapsed catholic it was great to hear all of the hosts screaming furiously at him

they realized the episode with walther wasn't going to work, but matt's muttered hatred starting like 25:00 and amber committing cold-blooded murder at 37:00 made it good

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jvN464imtMQ

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
Did chapo ever talk about the benghazi movie?

Pomplamoose
Jun 28, 2008

Tatum Girlparts posted:

Did chapo ever talk about the benghazi movie?

Yes but not on Chapo Trap House. The three of them first appeared on Street Fight Radio and this episode was sort of the pilot to CTH.

http://www.streetfightradio.com/show/bryan-interviews-will-matt-and-felix-about-seeing-13-hours-in-theaters/

Sushi in Yiddish
Feb 2, 2008

Cory booker desperately trying to link positive articles of himself to bro pair is a good cap to a night of some good victories

https://twitter.com/no_talent_shan/status/825590996633214977

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

padijun posted:

they realized the episode with walther wasn't going to work, but matt's muttered hatred starting like 25:00 and amber committing cold-blooded murder at 37:00 made it good

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jvN464imtMQ

"We're going to have to do some editing to get rid of the pauses."

loving brutal.

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

gently caress him for taking great opportunities for interviews and turning them into mma rambles. :shrug:

pangstrom
Jan 25, 2003

Wedge Regret
I don't know why I get fatalistic with some folks and not others, but with Rogan I think he is just a thick dude doing his best. Doesn't mean I am going to listen to him, though.

Kunster
Dec 24, 2006

The Special Guest was Matt Taibbi! Somewhat positive episode this time.

Pomplamoose
Jun 28, 2008

I haven't listened to the latest ep but do they mention the Justice Democrats? I would have preferred the Young Turks to have learned from the other Turks and called it the Justice and Development Democrats.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
positive or not that episode was pretty weak to me. It got pretty dull for me between Taibbi being his usual just kinda out of touch self and them randomly going into how yea man Trump actually does live a lifestyle like the common people and that's why he was able to tap into that when that's all just a complete act and his 'lifestyle' is a cartoon rich man's.

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

The previous Taibbi episode was definitely one of their weaker ones, so I'm not looking forward to this one.

Lots of respect for the guy, I got a lot of my early politics from his Rolling Stone articles, but he is definitely out of date now.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
I get not wanting to bust on a guest they like and all but when Taibbi was going on about how 'everyone got proven wrong' and all it would have been nice to bring up his dumb article about how actually it was very good journalism to equate the possibility of Clinton scandals to actual Trump ones and it was the readers' faults those articles did well.

Literally
Jul 2, 2009

I enjoyed that episode. It was Will and Felix heavy and I think Brenden was on mic more than Matt Christman (I like Matt's rants). I was listening to it and it reminded me of their early episodes but with better audio quality.

Edit:

I get you man ^^^

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
It was a solid enough news in review style episode. You can sense that Will has a definite "notice me sempai" vibe going on, but it was good to hear Brenden on the mic. On the AV Club scale, it'd straddle the B-/B line.

Also Felix is eternally correct: MGS 2 is the most important game of 2017.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
https://twitter.com/IGD_News/status/825918650657828864

you know what to do kids. open your bank accounts and your hearts.

Rhesus Pieces
Jun 27, 2005

That's...really lightly vandalized.

I appreciate the effort but that looks like it's written in soap that can be washed off with a garden hose.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Phone posted:

It was a solid enough news in review style episode. You can sense that Will has a definite "notice me sempai" vibe going on, but it was good to hear Brenden on the mic. On the AV Club scale, it'd straddle the B-/B line.

Yeah. It's not gonna make any top 20 lists, but I still enjoyed it.

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.
I'm surprised that these guys reaction to the historic matches this weekend has been really muted in twitter, maybe they don't think much of the effectiveness of what's going on.

Die Sexmonster!
Nov 30, 2005

Rhesus Pieces posted:

I appreciate the effort but that looks like it's written in soap that can be washed off with a garden hose.

Get your credit card info ready!

Fake edit: don't actually donate to the GOP, come on now

Sushi in Yiddish
Feb 2, 2008

Phone posted:

I just want them to get around to do a full episode on metal gear

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Al-Saqr posted:

I'm surprised that these guys reaction to the historic matches this weekend has been really muted in twitter, maybe they don't think much of the effectiveness of what's going on.

Chapo is good entertainment, but don't look at them to be the vanguard of the revolution. They're really not, like, street level activists for the most part

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

:perfect:

cat doter
Jul 27, 2006

gonna need more cheese...australia has a lot of crackers

Sushi in Yiddish posted:

I just want them to get around to do a full episode on metal gear

that would loving own

Kunster
Dec 24, 2006

Mr. Lobe posted:

Chapo is good entertainment, but don't look at them to be the vanguard of the revolution. They're really not, like, street level activists for the most part

In fact some of the folk i know that were the heaviest critics of that circle were closer to grassroots activism than them.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Rhesus Pieces posted:

Maybe they're going for quantity over quality. You burn the place down, then you don't get to repeat it. But if you do it quick and small and repeatedly, then they get a little reminder every day or two that everyone hates them because they loving suck.

adebisi lives
Nov 11, 2009
I'd give that gop office some money but I already spent it on safety pin boxes and my findommes would be angry.

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

What a horrible thread to have a post.

Famethrowa posted:

Lots of respect for the guy, I got a lot of my early politics from his Rolling Stone articles, but he is definitely out of date now.

His articles are still 95% good.

Felix's comparison to the media vs Aikido was extremely good.

Megaman's Jockstrap fucked around with this message at 18:43 on Jan 30, 2017

Rhesus Pieces
Jun 27, 2005

https://twitter.com/cushbomb/status/826079859663368192

Yeah he's definitely spent some time on our dying comedy forum.

Under the vegetable
Nov 2, 2004

by Smythe

Rhesus Pieces posted:

https://twitter.com/cushbomb/status/826079859663368192

Yeah he's definitely spent some time on our dying comedy forum.

you dont have to have done that to use those jokes since weird twitter's main source of humor is repeating fyad memes form 10 years ago

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Under the vegetable
Nov 2, 2004

by Smythe
*in extremely political consultant voice* uhhh barnacle jim has a long face LMAO