Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

Maybe if I'm busy it could keep me from you

As with literally any electronic purchase, wait a year. Even if they don't get cheaper, they'll at least possibly have some of their technical glitches worked out. You'll also be able to talk to people who have had one for some time, and can give better reviews than anything currently available (and see if enough good games have come out)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
My gf can't bring me my christmas present because it got really busy at work, and then tomorrow she's heading out on a cruise so I have to wait another week for the gift.

Dang it.

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
IM A STUPID MORON WITH AN UGLY FACE AND A BIG BUTT AND MY BUTT SMELLS AND I LIKE TO KISS MY OWN BUTT
Gravy Boat 2k
I had to pay loving $45 for my headlight to be replaced becaue I don't know how to do it myself. It's like a 10 cent light bulb, ugh.

I somehow scratched up the front left bumper and a big chunk of the decorative vents or whatever underneath it are missing (broken off). I know I stupidly ran over a pile of ice/snow when parking my car but how could that do so much damage? It also kind of looks like there is white paint there but I don't remember hitting anyone? Did I black out and hit & run someone? Did someone hit & run me in a parking lot? Could a pile of icy snow really do that much damage? It is a mystery, and I can't afford to repair it so now my car looks ugly.

E: I had a dream I was discussing my pedophile guitar teachers from childhood with the Van Halen guy, except he looked like the AC/DC guy? I don't know, he had puffy 80s blonde hair. It was weird. Wasn't sexual, just bizarre.

Thin Privilege has a new favorite as of 20:51 on Jan 20, 2017

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
IM A STUPID MORON WITH AN UGLY FACE AND A BIG BUTT AND MY BUTT SMELLS AND I LIKE TO KISS MY OWN BUTT
Gravy Boat 2k

Tiggum posted:

How are those connected?

I don't ever eat that much sugar or drink that much caffeine so my body was like, "wtf?" I guess it wasn't so much of a headache as feeling horrible pressure in my head like I had a very tight band around it and dizziness. I ate a normal breakfast today (yogurt) and didn't get that. Not psychosomatic since I know you're thinking that. My body just isn't used to the excessive sugar/caffeine.

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
A tie in to a post in another thread: I only recently learned of the existence of spreadable butter, having just always gotten the same sticks of butter I've always gotten.

Since it's still cold out, it's actually possible to have bread and butter whenever I want now... which makes me want bread and butter a lot more than I should, nutritionally.

Leave
Feb 7, 2012

Taking the term "Koopaling" to a whole new level since 2016.

MisterBibs posted:

A tie in to a post in another thread: I only recently learned of the existence of spreadable butter, having just always gotten the same sticks of butter I've always gotten.

Since it's still cold out, it's actually possible to have bread and butter whenever I want now... which makes me want bread and butter a lot more than I should, nutritionally.

How the gently caress did you not know butter was spreadable?

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe

Leavemywife posted:

How the gently caress did you not know butter was spreadable?

Like I said, the kind of butter I've always purchased is the normal sticks of butter that remain comparitively solid even at room temperature unless it's summer. The kind that can tear the poo poo out of bread instead of actually spreading across the bread.

I just had no idea there's butter that has some extra oil in it, or something, that keeps it softer and more spreadable. Now I do, and that knowledge makes me want to eat boring old bread-and-butter more than I should.

Leave
Feb 7, 2012

MisterBibs posted:

Like I said, the kind of butter I've always purchased is the normal sticks of butter that remain comparitively solid even at room temperature unless it's summer. The kind that can tear the poo poo out of bread instead of actually spreading across the bread.

I just had no idea there's butter that has some extra oil in it, or something, that keeps it softer and more spreadable. Now I do, and that knowledge makes me want to eat boring old bread-and-butter more than I should.

Bread and butter is super tasty, though.

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe

Leavemywife posted:

Bread and butter is super tasty, though.

Yes, yes it is. But having it as much as I know I can with less effort isnt good for you.

:negative:

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
I got some summer sausage and I want to eat all of it tonight but I know I shouldn't

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

MisterBibs posted:

It's not impossible to spread regular butter straight out of the fridge. Or you can just cut slivers off and put them on the bread, then just try to eat a dry bit with a buttery bit. And it tastes better than the butter+oil mix. Better still though, you just buy the triple-churned butter that spreads easily straight from the fridge.

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
Gravy Boat 2k
You can always get the tub o' butter that's like $5. Spreads easy and is just as unhealthy.

genetic_knockout
May 8, 2007

Who's a good boy
I just put a slab of butter on a plate and microwave it for like 10 seconds. Makes it perfect spreading consistency!

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

What kind of frozen hellscape do you live in where butter isn't spreadable at room temperature?

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
Gravy Boat 2k

Bertrand Hustle posted:

What kind of frozen hellscape do you live in where butter isn't spreadable at room temperature?

I keep the butter in the fridge, I thought most people did.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

I've been looking forward to the new Resident Evil game forever but now my new job doesn't start till mid march so I have to wait! :(

Leave
Feb 7, 2012

oldpainless posted:

I've been looking forward to the new Resident Evil game forever but now my new job doesn't start till mid march so I have to wait! :(

I'll let you borrow my copy when I beat it!

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Leavemywife posted:

I'll let you borrow my copy when I beat it!

That would be really awesome! Thanks!:)

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
Thanks to a small raise earlier last year, I've had a bit more money left over after general savings + rainy day fund than I normally do, and have been putting it in me and my partner's luxury/impulse buy fund.

The problem, and christ almighty is it a first world problem - is that neither of us really need anything special at the moment, at a time when we can actually afford to splurge a little. We've cooled on the Nintendo Switch, and the initial decision to buy a better TV sounds dumber and dumber when we remember we hardly use the TV, and the one we have was gifted to us when my dad bought a new TV. We've taken shopping trips to see if we could think of a something we'd both like to get, but we keep realizing we'd be wasting money.

We'll prolly just do the responsible thing and roll it into savings/emergency, but man.

Sorryformybadjokes
Apr 21, 2004

I identify as a simian who pronounces the 'silent' letters in words.
Fallen Rib
Weekend away

Helios Grime
Jan 27, 2012

Where we are going we won't need shirts
Pillbug

MisterBibs posted:

Thanks to a small raise earlier last year, I've had a bit more money left over after general savings + rainy day fund than I normally do, and have been putting it in me and my partner's luxury/impulse buy fund.

The problem, and christ almighty is it a first world problem - is that neither of us really need anything special at the moment, at a time when we can actually afford to splurge a little. We've cooled on the Nintendo Switch, and the initial decision to buy a better TV sounds dumber and dumber when we remember we hardly use the TV, and the one we have was gifted to us when my dad bought a new TV. We've taken shopping trips to see if we could think of a something we'd both like to get, but we keep realizing we'd be wasting money.

We'll prolly just do the responsible thing and roll it into savings/emergency, but man.

Go out and treat yourselfs to a fancy dinner. The more upscale places will also not have any hotdogs on the menu so you should be fine.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Order caviar. An oz is like $90.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope

Jeza posted:

Even with the fall in their currency, there's no way Oslo is cheaper than Dublin.

I just meant the flights themselves.

Gitro
May 29, 2013
Smoke alarm started screeching full bore at 1am and wouldn't stop blinking at me afterwards.

I'll take the chance of a horrific death over risking dealing with that again tonight.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
I was finally getting some actual sleep for the first time in three goddamn days before meeting Eri woken up for a goddamn doctor's appointment made without my knowledge just so a goddamn white coat can tell my goddamn mother what I already goddamn knew and goddamn told her: I'm not goddamn sick, it's goddamn allergies.

g o d d a m n.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

I'm making potato bacon soup for dinner but I want it RIGHT NOW.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope
I've started bringing my lunch to work every day and home-cooking dinner instead of visiting fast food places on the way home, and I keep failing to buy enough groceries to last the whole week.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty
I had a really rough day at dialysis this morning, and now because of it, my anxiety is making me have second thoughts about a social event happening tonight I was super interested in.

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

I really want to play Warframe all night to unlock the new content, but my friend wants to play Overwatch with me all night to unlock the new content.

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe

Helios Grime posted:

Go out and treat yourselfs to a fancy dinner. The more upscale places will also not have any hotdogs on the menu so you should be fine.

Eh, that's part and parcel of the (horrifically first world) problem. We enjoy dinners out (either at a fancier place, or just "gently caress it, wanna drink a lot and only feel aghast at the price of top tier alcohol the next day?") enough that we allocate to that already.

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug
I work in yuppie central so a ton of the places to eat lunch near work are fancy and thus serve piles of seafood which means I can't eat there because of my allergies. That rules out 3/4 of the nearby places.

Aside from the fact that I'm kind of tired of the places I've been visiting I've been eating waaaaay too much red meat, deep fried garbage, and fatty bar food. I should cook more stuff at home to take in to work for the microwave but :effort:

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...

ToxicSlurpee posted:

I work in yuppie central so a ton of the places to eat lunch near work are fancy and thus serve piles of seafood which means I can't eat there because of my allergies. That rules out 3/4 of the nearby places.

Aside from the fact that I'm kind of tired of the places I've been visiting I've been eating waaaaay too much red meat, deep fried garbage, and fatty bar food. I should cook more stuff at home to take in to work for the microwave but :effort:

Can't you just order... not-seafood? Does being in the same building as a lobster set off your allergies?

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

Olive Garden tonight! posted:

Can't you just order... not-seafood? Does being in the same building as a lobster set off your allergies?

Cross-contamination is a thing. It really depends on the place and what they're serving. If a place just serves fish I don't have much issue unless they serve a lot of it. Shellfish gives me serious issues. However, being in yuppie town every place that serves seafood invariably serves a ton of shellfish.

There's a Thai place I went to with the guys I work with that was phenomenal but despite being all "I have allergies" and not ordering fish everything they cooked was so contaminated with fish that the food gave me a reaction and made me sick all day. The big problem is the shellfish, though; yeah most of the time I'll be fine if I just don't order it but I've gone into anaphylactic shock twice in my life so far. I don't care to do it again.

When I worked in a restaurant I couldn't work Fridays during Lent because I'd start reacting to the air in the place. Food allergies are a tremendous, awful pain.

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
I'm annoyed that my phone's speaker is on the bottom. So if I'm being lazy and resting it on my chest, I'm muffling the sound.

Truly, my life is agony.

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

MisterBibs posted:

I'm annoyed that my phone's speaker is on the bottom. So if I'm being lazy and resting it on my chest, I'm muffling the sound.

Truly, my life is agony.

I'm annoyed that in they year 2017 they still put the "main" speaker on phones facing outwards, so you cant have it face you and look at the screen.

doverhog
May 31, 2013

Defender of democracy and human rights 🇺🇦
I'm hung over and thinking about ordering pizza or kebab or something but don't really wanna pay for the delivery. :choco:

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

I am about to work a 7 hour shift on 2 hours of sleep after working the same morning shift yesterday on 2 hours of sleep.

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

doverhog posted:

I'm hung over and thinking about ordering pizza or kebab or something but don't really wanna pay for the delivery. :choco:

Do it. Don't make this man's mistakes:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VWFH1Y0WocI

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
My Facebook friend's mom made a retarded argument using that whole "skittles/cyanide" logic that dumb rear end people do about refugees and I wanna call her out but it's like, she's an old white lady in the South so there's no point but it's so God damned irritating :argh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
Gravy Boat 2k
My iPhone keeps forgetting my wifi somehow so it just goes into LTE when IM AT HOME. So I have to --sometimes multiple times a day-- have to retype in my long-rear end password. It seems to happen the most when I leave the apartment and come back. Shouldn't you save this info in your data, iPhone?