Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
chiefnewo
May 21, 2007

khy posted:

Tower of God, The Gamer, and Noblesse are the most obvious suggestions.

Unordinary's one of my current favorites.

Dice is really enjoyable.

Girls of the Wilds isn't bad if you're into fanservice.

Nano List and Gepetto have the whole 'androids and robots are people' thing going which I always enjoyed in my sci-fi.

I hear good things about Sword Interval, but I didn't get far. It's not bad, it's just too many other comics piqued my interest. You should try it though.

Girls of the Wilds was fun. My favourite part was when the main character was unintentionally being an rear end in a top hat by not acknowledging the feelings of the two girls who were into him. It's a first for me seeing someone actually point that out to a character in a harem-type manga/manwha. Ending spoilers: Unfortunately the ending was a bit predictable based on the "first girl I see is the one that gets picked" cliche.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
The ending is a loving trainwreck more suited to the death throes of a decades long Shonen Jump comic that had long since lost its meaning.

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.

Autonomous Monster posted:

I'm a big Kubera fan, but I kinda suspect most people will be put off by the art and the glacial pacing.
I didn't have any particular issues with the art, but the glacial pacing and relentless stupidity of the MC drove me nuts.

khy
Aug 15, 2005

More people ought to check out Dice, IMO.

I was concerned it'd get creepy with the MC's horribly, horribly obsessive crush on another girl but it's turned out pretty well, the fights are interesting, and I genuinely don't know how it'll end.

The MC wants to keep dice because without them he's a doormat, the 'love interest' wants to keep dice because without them she's a hefty, ugly girl. Both want to stop X, the kid who's giving out dice, because he's cruel and evil. But the obsessive crush wants to get rid of dice altogether. Also a weird bro-mance/mind control/multiple body thing to throw things into further confusion.

KOGAHAZAN!!
Apr 29, 2013

a miserable failure as a person

an incredible success as a magical murder spider

Elysiume posted:

I didn't have any particular issues with the art, but the glacial pacing and relentless stupidity of the MC drove me nuts.

Kubera isn't really stupid, per se. She's hella ignorant, and a whole bunch of people conspire to keep her that way because it suits them, and a lot of the time she likes to pretend she's less insightful than she is, usually for emotional reasons. But on the rare occasion she's in possession of all the facts and she lets the mask slip she's shown to be quite intelligent.

readingatwork
Jan 8, 2009

Hello Fatty!

Fun Shoe
Not sure if this has been posted yet but this just happened:

https://twitter.com/ianjq/status/825449631832174592

Otherkinsey Scale
Jul 17, 2012

Just a little bit of sunshine!

readingatwork posted:

Not sure if this has been posted yet but this just happened:

https://twitter.com/ianjq/status/825449631832174592

Would this be setting a record for bringing back a webcomic? It's been like 15 years.

Android Blues
Nov 22, 2008

My goodness. That's an unexpected development.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
Someone fill me in?

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.

PMush Perfect posted:

Someone fill me in?
RPG World, which updated regularly from in the early 2000s for a few years, then stopped updating right before the climactic final battle.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Oh, right, the one mentioned in Welcome To Webcomics. Huh, cool. Wonder if that was a factor, or just coincidence.

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."
You could also describe it as "the webcomic some guy did as a teenager before he went on to work on a bunch of super-popular shows like Steven Universe and then got his own show, OK KO!; wow, my generation is actually doing important things".

Manyorcas
Jun 16, 2007

The person who arrives last is fined, regardless of whether that person's late or not.

Rand Brittain posted:

You could also describe it as "the webcomic some guy did as a teenager before he went on to work on a bunch of super-popular shows like Steven Universe and then got his own show, OK KO!; wow, my generation is actually doing important things".

This was my takeaway when I happened to find out what he was up to almost a decade after the comic ended. He also worked on Venture Brothers I think! I was super proud to see someone from the webcomic community go on to work on such great projects.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Woah Roggy

To be less in-jokey, the latest Badnix is hilarious.

smug n stuff
Jul 21, 2016

A Hobbit's Adventure
Ava's Demon updated yesterday, after ~6 months(?) of hiatus, if anyone's interested in that.

KOGAHAZAN!!
Apr 29, 2013

smug n stuff posted:

Ava's Demon updated yesterday, after ~6 months(?) of hiatus, if anyone's interested in that.

It was alright and I eagerly await next year's update. :colbert:

(Next year's update is scheduled for tomorrow, apparently :toot:)

e: Re: the Meek, I surprised Rana's taking her father's part here. I've never been certain of it, but I always this page this page had her pegging him for her mother's murder. Guess not.

(As much as I like Mare Internum, I really wish Der-shing would get done with it and start focusing on the Meek.)

KOGAHAZAN!! fucked around with this message at 20:36 on Feb 1, 2017

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
Speaking of long-awaited updates, everyone's favorite webcomic about Prohibition-era cats is back in the running. And it's still mindbogglingly gorgeous.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

YggiDee posted:

Speaking of long-awaited updates, everyone's favorite webcomic about Prohibition-era cats is back in the running. And it's still mindbogglingly gorgeous.
Tracy Butler might be the only artist with a better face-game than Zack.

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass
Wait I thought that guy got viscerally murdered by some cultists

KOGAHAZAN!!
Apr 29, 2013

Renaissance Robot posted:

Nah, they were inducting him into their cult or something.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

Renaissance Robot posted:

Nah they just carved some voodoo business in his chest. We saw him alive and well right after that scene.

chiefnewo
May 21, 2007

YggiDee posted:

All my money on the Amazing Spatula for the win.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Clark and Lois are meeting on JL8. Adorable.

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?
Got introduced to Out-of-Placers recently. It's a fun story, good art (the artist makes a concerted effort to improve, too), and some very well thought-out original fantasy races. It's definitely worth a look, I think.

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

The Lord of Hats posted:

Got introduced to Out-of-Placers recently. It's a fun story, good art (the artist makes a concerted effort to improve, too), and some very well thought-out original fantasy races. It's definitely worth a look, I think.

I adore interesting fantasy races and there are indeed several distinct, cool races with a lot of thought put behind them, and some of the humour is pretty on point.

I'd hesitate to recommend it without warning that it occasionally sails a little too close to the waters of Deviant Art furry hell, with occasional stiff artwork and some questionable humour about scrawny rat dicks. I don't think it's about to dive into the abyss or anything, but fair warning.

I do love the Yinglets though, and Kaz's utter disgust at being part of a race of suicidally stupid rat things is pretty great.

World Famous W
May 25, 2007

BAAAAAAAAAAAA
As some one who likes Out of Placers as well, might as well warn it's main story is about gender and species transformation (and the one off bonus story under the extras is to) and it is kind of obvious that it is the creator's fetish.

I have bad taste in comics.

snucks
Nov 3, 2008

Try again. Fail again. Fail better.

Cat Mattress posted:

Woah Roggy

To be less in-jokey, the latest Badnix is hilarious.
A twist I am both ashamed and delighted to have not seen coming.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

MikeJF posted:

Just dont send the guy any fan mail or he'll reply with naked selfies if you've a ladyname D:

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010
Ultra Carp

Synthbuttrange posted:

Just dont send the guy any fan mail or he'll reply with naked selfies if you've a ladyname D:

:stare:

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?

World Famous W posted:

As some one who likes Out of Placers as well, might as well warn it's main story is about gender and species transformation (and the one off bonus story under the extras is to) and it is kind of obvious that it is the creator's fetish.

I have bad taste in comics.

The bonus comic was a commission l, I think, but you're not wrong, and the Yinglets are the sort of thing that you're probably going to find a bazillion fursonas for if you look. I think the story being told is still fundamentally enjoyable though. Then again, I've definitely read some real trash in the past, so maybe I just have more tolerance for it.

dordreff
Jul 16, 2013

MikeJF posted:

has clark sent her dick pics yet

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

...agreed.

loving internet

Maurice Augustus
Nov 27, 2011

khy posted:

I hear good things about Sword Interval, but I didn't get far. It's not bad, it's just too many other comics piqued my interest. You should try it though.

Why would you Sword Interval when you can Derelict?

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Gently Caress posted:

Derelict is great, but he's sadly sacrificed it on the altar of the Sword Interval for the time being because SI is the thing that's actually helping him pay the bills right now. Derelict is coming back eventually though, and it's not like it hasn't gone nearly whole years without update before.

I'm just sad that now that it's actually developed a real plot, it kind of fell apart behind the scenes.

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

Gently Caress posted:

Because Sword Interval updates on a regular basis.

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax
i'm reading sword interval now, it's p good tbh

Crocoswine
Aug 20, 2010

in before the complaints about webtoon formatting

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

demon street is a really pretty comic, full of funny jokes and no pathos whatsoever

Tollymain fucked around with this message at 05:27 on Feb 6, 2017

Digamma-F-Wau
Mar 22, 2016

It is curious and wants to accept all kinds of challenges
Kill 6 Billion Ava's Jason Shiga's Demon Streets

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
It's right there in the thread title man what more do you want

• Locked thread