Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Sandman
Jun 23, 2013

Okay!

So, I've, like, designed a really sweet attack plan that I'm calling Attack Plan Ded Moroz, like "Deadmau5!"

WUB!

BizarroAzrael posted:

I want Biscuit to be ludicrously talented Gunpla Battler,.

Nah.

He's the guy who runs a stable of Gunpla Battlers. Or, well, the one who makes sure they have spare parts and paints, arranges the schedules, tries to reinstall in some of the bossman's crazier ideas for promotions, etc.

While Mika is like the mom from Angelic Layer. Only, you know, male. And not a parent.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
I still remember at the start of this season people thought that Iok would help lead Gjallarhorn in reforms. Now that we have seen his true character I am just praying he dies a death much worse then what Carta suffered. For no matter how big of an idiot Carta was, at least she seemed to understand something about responsibility and owning up for ones actions whilst Iok is quite happy to prove why Gjallarhorn as it operates now should not exist.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
Build Fighters is also Gundam Hell, because everytime we see Jerid there he gets clown on like.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
In addition to its other uncomfortable similarities with the Graze Ein, it looks like the Rex will have one hell of an arsenal - in addition to the claws, the tail, and the extra-large mace, it has pile bunker heels, 200mm autocannons in its wrists, and an extra set of folding sub-arms with an unknown purpose in its forearms. Preview images here and here.

jackhunter64
Aug 28, 2008

Keep it up son, take a look at what you could have won

Darth Walrus posted:

an extra set of folding sub-arms with an unknown purpose in its forearms.

They'll be for crushing cockpits, literally everything in this show is.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

Darth Walrus posted:

In addition to its other uncomfortable similarities with the Graze Ein, it looks like the Rex will have one hell of an arsenal - in addition to the claws, the tail, and the extra-large mace, it has pile bunker heels, 200mm autocannons in its wrists, and an extra set of folding sub-arms with an unknown purpose in its forearms. Preview images here and here.
That is a "literally gently caress your everything" kind of mace right there. :stare:

a computer ghost
May 30, 2011

an unhackable cat???

Darth Walrus posted:

I don't even know where to start, holy poo poo. With Mika as the pilot that's beyond overkill, he's gonna waste people so hard they get retconned out of the show.

Maybe Mika is the final boss... :stonklol:

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

AradoBalanga posted:

That is a "literally gently caress your everything" kind of mace right there. :stare:

At this point Mika has given up on even the pretense on subtlety when it comes to rampaging across the battlefield.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Darth Walrus posted:

Given the cannons aren't there, I think those sub-arms fold out to mount the autocannons. The forward subarms look like they can rotate a full 180 degrees, and it would be in keeping with the original Lupus design.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Given the cannons aren't there, I think those sub-arms fold out to mount the autocannons. The forward subarms look like they can rotate a full 180 degrees, and it would be in keeping with the original Lupus design.

The autocannons are built directly into the forearms. According to the magazine scans, those little dark apertures near the Rex's wrists are their muzzles. The purpose of the subarms remains a mystery.

Luminaflare
Sep 23, 2010

No one man
should have all that
POWER BEYOND MEASURE

Darth Walrus posted:

The autocannons are built directly into the forearms. According to the magazine scans, those little dark apertures near the Rex's wrists are their muzzles. The purpose of the subarms remains a mystery.

Wait so the 200mm autocannons are mounted like the Exia's GN Vulcans? The things which are a bit more effective than a 30mm cannon and aren't useful against mobile suits.

I love it.

KoB
May 1, 2009
Hes had mounted cannons on the arms before, these just seem way more integrated since the barbatos was totaled anyway.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
Having not watched much Gundam, is Iok the most incompetent at committing war crimes?

Belzac
Mar 20, 2008

The third fracture I would do away with...I can't, sorry.

F R A C T U R E
He's the the most incompetent at pretty much everything.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Hunt11 posted:

Having not watched much Gundam, is Iok the most incompetent at committing war crimes?

Honestly, probably. There are more incompetent people in Gundam but they also happen to be extremely good at war crimes.

Belzac
Mar 20, 2008

F R A C T U R E
The Gundam Boys from Wing are pretty bad at warcrimes for the first part of Wing.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
Even worse then this most recent gently caress up? When the guy uses illegal weapons on an organization that had no will to fight in the least managed to lose a decent number of mobile suits, an entire battleship and have the main bridge of the lead ship almost introduced to the vacuum of space?

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
Djibril might qualify, although he does have his moments of... well, I hesitate to call them 'glory'. He loses a lot of points for being played by and inadvertently setting up the master plan of a far more dangerous, competent guy with the exact opposite goals to him.

There's also Zeheart Galette, who accidentally gets into the habit of committing war crimes against his own side.

Belzac
Mar 20, 2008

F R A C T U R E
The Wing boys manage to accidentally kill their only political support by assassinating the wrong person, blow up their own super powered mobile suits based on vague threats, and then get caught by their enemies.

Belzac
Mar 20, 2008

F R A C T U R E
Lieutenant Poe for Turn A is also pretty incompetent at warcrimes as she is mostly geociding people her government is supposed to be in peace talks with while getting beat up by a mobile suit half her size with no weapons.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Good thing none of those people are in this show!

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~
Does Poe ever commit genocide? I don't know that she ever killed more than a few dozen people, and even that is accidental rather than deliberate like genocide implies.

Belzac
Mar 20, 2008

F R A C T U R E
I guess it's more like a disregard for civilian lives or cease fires or orders of any kind with a distaste for Earthnoids as some kind of savage barbarians.

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

:siren: :siren: :siren:
AS A PROUD GAMERGATER THE ONLY THING I HATE MORE THAN WOMEN ARE GAYS AND TRANS PEOPLE
:siren: :siren: :siren:
I'm sure if you dig around Victory Gundam you'll stumble upon some horrible person.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Ka0 posted:

I'm sure if you dig around Victory Gundam you'll stumble upon some horrible person.

All of their war criminals were disturbingly competent. Even the 'genocide the American continent by crushing its inhabitants beneath a fleet of battleship-sized motorbikes' guy.

gyrobot
Nov 16, 2011

Midjack posted:

It was a bunch of characters who came to bad ends in their respective shows having a happy moment in a different world. Sadly it predated IBO, but Mika would probably be walking around in the background with Atra and Orga if it happened before.

Or Danji taking photos with mecha musume cosplayers with Shino at the cam.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

I had a feeling that reporter guy wasnt over reacting

gyrobot
Nov 16, 2011
Indeed. Still what Okada dud was pretty smart so far. Realized what the audience wanted and decided that Akihiro deserved more than a physical relationship with Lafter ane instead she gave him what he never had: emotional love. The sense of love that Naze gave her as she wanted as any human needs to be functional.

Had Aki just slept with Lafter it will just be a lust motivated revenge. Here is is someone who killed the first person in his whole life to show mutual feelings and emotional bonds that he never felt with Tekkadan. This man needs to die for how coldly he casts asides people

Lily Catts
Oct 17, 2012

Show me the way to you
(Heavy Metal)
This week's episode hurts so much. I'm in need of a drink.

Seb
Apr 8, 2003

Soiled Meat
Jaassllleyyyy :argh:

jackhunter64
Aug 28, 2008

Keep it up son, take a look at what you could have won

He's gonna get the big scissors.

Logicblade
Aug 13, 2014

Festival with your real* little sister!
That piece of poo poo, I hope he gets a bullet in the back of the head.

GimmickMan
Dec 27, 2011

Being Akihiro is suffering.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
Now comes the tough question. Just how much of Jasley will be left after Akihro and Tekkaden are through with him?

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Jasley seemed to be in a space suit in the preview so I'm guessing he's going to be piloting a frame and is going to end in a fine paste inside the cockpit.

Really a lot of people now have it for him so the question is who's going to have the honors. Whoever doesn't deal with him gets Iok.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
The payoff for why they kept Lafter alive at the end of season 1.

Don't care. gently caress both Iok and Jaslov forever

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
oh gently caress

they didnt kill that many people the first two cours

they're gonna kill loving everybody

Apprentice Dick
Dec 1, 2009
I have a feeling that Lupus Rex's new tail is going to be covered in a nice red smear of Iok and the scissors are going to have Jasley all over them.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Apprentice Dick posted:

I have a feeling that Lupus Rex's new tail is going to be covered in a nice red smear of Iok and the scissors are going to have Jasley all over them.

Still assumes that Julietta isn't going to get to Iok first. You could actually see his lifespan shrinking during his conversation with Rustal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~

Tae posted:

The payoff for why they kept Lafter alive at the end of season 1.

I'm not going to claim it wasn't worth it, since I haven't seen the episode, but the problem was never so much that Lafter lived in and of itself; but that the show made it look like she (and several other characters) died and then showed them not only alive but with minor injuries at best the next episode. It was a really toothless finale, because it couldn't seem to commit to the things that it was setting up. If Lafter, Azee and Shino were going to live, then the show shouldn't have tried to make it look like all of them died.

• Locked thread