Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
Beyond the classic kill them all and then gently caress the corpses stuff, we got another lovely reminder at just how messed up Mikizuki is. That whole scene when he asks Atra to have a baby just showed how little he seems to understand anything other then murdering people.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a computer ghost
May 30, 2011

an unhackable cat???
Well that escalated quickly :stare: Since the writers are giving Jasley such an influential role in the narrative, I wish they'd bothered to give him more of a personality than "is evil." It feels like he only exists to do whatever is the most conveniently bad thing to motivate Tekkadan into moving the plot along and it's really boring, especially in a show with so many great antagonists.

Did anyone else catch the smell of bullshit when McGillis said he'd never betray Tekkadan? Bastard probably had his fingers crossed.

a computer ghost
May 30, 2011

an unhackable cat???
"Hey Atra let's make some cute hams together." -Mika, probably.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Adel posted:

Did anyone else catch the smell of bullshit when McGillis said he'd never betray Tekkadan? Bastard probably had his fingers crossed.

Honestly I am not so sure about that. I feel like McGillis would have no qualms about getting rid of them should Tekkaden start to oppose him, but I think McGillies generally likes the organization or at least Mikazuki. Almost every scene when the two are together the guy is staring at him and when Mika was at his most brutal the guy basically had a boner.

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
I wonder if IBO is going to get a third season.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

They mentioned that the voice actors are all doing the previews ad-lib since like two episodes ago and so far every single person that done the previews has started dying. So if the pattern continues then Jasley is next.

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~

Sun Wu Kampf posted:

I wonder if IBO is going to get a third season.

God I hope not. I don't even mind the idea of it having a full on sequel, but if the current show gets a third season they'd probably wimp out on the finale again just so the third season can have more drama and be the real finale.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

They've already started production or preproduction for the next gundam and I doubt its going to be another IBO. Bandai would probably have a reason to keep using IBOs inner frames for the models but a third season would be pushing it.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Doesn't rule out a 3rd season if goddamn Code Geass is getting a 3rd season

literally anything is possible after that announcement

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Tae posted:

Doesn't rule out a 3rd season if goddamn Code Geass is getting a 3rd season

literally anything is possible after that announcement
I don't think Code Geass was that unlikely. The show itself was incredibly popular, it's old enough to be "nostalgic" for some people now I guess, it had that Akito OVA that kept the franchise alive for several years, there's always been rumors of movies etc.

The king of unlikely third seasons is still Twin Peaks. Literally 25+ years between seasons 2 and 3.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
Atra just added something to her Amazon wishlist

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
On a lighter note I did like how the senior Tekkaden staff (I forget their names) did all they could to help deal with Akihiro not getting subtle hints. Of course it turned out to be for naught but still.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
This show just tainted my soul with that whiplash. I went from laughing and having a great time to getting mad as all hell.

gently caress. gently caress.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
I do dislike Jasley more then Iok.

Iok is just stupid. You can tell with how proud he was of that shitshow when he was talking to Rustal. Jasley is simply an rear end in a top hat.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

MonsterEnvy posted:

Iok is just stupid. You can tell with how proud he was of that shitshow when he was talking to Rustal. Jasley is simply an rear end in a top hat.

I am sure making a mercenary group full of angry and quite likely psychotic child soldiers will go swimmingly for him. Especially with space guts being ready to rip a ship in two and a guy who only seems to understand mass slaughter being told to spare no one.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Adel posted:

McGillis has never betrayed anyone in his entire life.

Creamfilled
May 11, 2007

???
At least Mikazuki has developed enough of a conscience to ask beforehand if he should turn his former Teiwaz allies into red paste rather than just going ahead and just doing it. That's character growth right there.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

McGillis has never betrayed anyone in his entire life.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=erwGXgl5H_c

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Creamfilled posted:

At least Mikazuki has developed enough of a conscience to ask beforehand if he should turn his former Teiwaz allies into red paste rather than just going ahead and just doing it. That's character growth right there.

I think up until the last five minutes happened, Mika was making some good, non-combat related progress.

Yeah he was a total sociopath about it, but he had clearly been thinking about the baby discussion from last episode and considering whether or not he'd be interested. He still has absolutely no grasp on what love or affection is, but I thought it was worth something that Mika was thinking about something other than robot murder, especially something he thought Atra would be happy about. Mika is a broken, broken shell of a person, but every now and then we see a glimpse of what he could be if he put himself back together.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Shinjobi posted:

I think up until the last five minutes happened, Mika was making some good, non-combat related progress.

Yeah he was a total sociopath about it, but he had clearly been thinking about the baby discussion from last episode and considering whether or not he'd be interested. He still has absolutely no grasp on what love or affection is, but I thought it was worth something that Mika was thinking about something other than robot murder, especially something he thought Atra would be happy about. Mika is a broken, broken shell of a person, but every now and then we see a glimpse of what he could be if he put himself back together.

What makes Mika a good blank character unlike, say; Sekai, is you can tell he's listening to what goes on around him and there are wheels turning in response even if it's not something directed at him. He's got a very broken world view of it all, but he's clearly trying to process it.

Jasley is so getting the Big Scissors.

Also I'm kinda sad Build Fighters as a thing is over, because I cant help but picture a Gusion Full-City Custom flying around with the most lethal weapon possible; Sprue nippers :unsmigghh:.

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

:siren: :siren: :siren:
AS A PROUD GAMERGATER THE ONLY THING I HATE MORE THAN WOMEN ARE GAYS AND TRANS PEOPLE
:siren: :siren: :siren:
Buckle up fellas!

Caros
May 14, 2008

To this day thst has got to be one of my favourite overkills in history. Headshot by a bazooka, just loving dead.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Ka0 posted:

Buckle up fellas!

G-Reco was a feint; Tomino has been controlling IBO all along.:tinfoil:

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

Ka0 posted:

Buckle up fellas!

As long as Iok isn't the catalyst, I'd be down for a Victory Gundam ending.

Actually, scratch that, give Iok the Chronicle Asher Special and I'll be set for life.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled

MonsterEnvy posted:

Jasley is a huge rear end in a top hat who is nevertheless doing his rear end in a top hat things with clear goals in mind. They're selfish, shitheaded goals, but he has a purpose and a plan that this is all in service to.

Iok is an idiot manchild who is endowed with incredible influence and power by dint of his birth but doesn't actually grasp the consequences of anything he does. He feels incredibly distraught by the deaths of his men and views it as a touchstone moment in his life but is too stupid to empathize with other people suffering the same thing to the point where he literally orders the murder of surrendering opponents and unarmed fleeing civilians because he has the moron idea in his head that he needs to appear "ruthless" to his boss and this need supercedes peoples' lives.

I dislike Iok a lot more because Iok has the power, influence, and potential to actually live up to the noble ideals he claims to espouse but he's too damned stupid and short-sighted to do so.

Psycho Landlord
Oct 10, 2012

What are you gonna do, dance with me?

Holy poo poo. I knew something was going to happen there, but I didn't expect it to be quite that blunt.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

AradoBalanga posted:

As long as Iok isn't the catalyst, I'd be down for a Victory Gundam ending.

Actually, scratch that, give Iok the Chronicle Asher Special and I'll be set for life.

Yeah, we're getting to the point where the original Mobile Suit Gundam's tagline feels relevant.

"Who will survive?"

And with Takaki gone, there's no guarantees left.

chiasaur11 fucked around with this message at 00:07 on Jan 30, 2017

Luminaflare
Sep 23, 2010

No one man
should have all that
POWER BEYOND MEASURE

I was honestly it expecting to be Azee and/or Eco that it happens to, the result of which makes Lafter join Tekkadan to get revenge against Jasley.

But just... holy poo poo :smith:

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

chiasaur11 posted:

And with Takashi gone, there's no guarantees left.

You mean Takaki right? He's scheduled to do one of the next episode previews and given the 100% mortality rate they've had the last few weeks not even him is safe.

Cao Ni Ma fucked around with this message at 00:21 on Jan 30, 2017

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

I can't get the episode to load up for me.

Goddamn it.

Belzac
Mar 20, 2008

The third fracture I would do away with...I can't, sorry.

F R A C T U R E
I had the same problem. You have to delete your history/cache.

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

Honestly, I'd enjoy it more at this point if McGillis doesn't betray Tekkadan.

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit

Cao Ni Ma posted:

You mean Takaki right? He's scheduled to do one of the next episode previews and given the 100% mortality rate they've had the last few weeks not even him is safe.

there's no way that the poo poo that goes down upon mcgillis' instigation doesnt result in gjallarhorn dragging takaki from his new workplace at gunpoint in retaliation for tekkadan

Argas posted:

Honestly, I'd enjoy it more at this point if McGillis doesn't betray Tekkadan.

i have a feeling that mcgillis does genuinely admire and look up to mikazuki, his platonic ideal of the ultimate warrior. so the betrayal will not be in regards to being top dog of mars, but a betrayal of their human goals and desire to live a safe comfortable life

mcgillis would love to see tekkadan fight forever

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Cao Ni Ma posted:

You mean Takaki right? He's scheduled to do one of the next episode previews and given the 100% mortality rate they've had one the last few weeks not even him is safe.

All I'm saying is, after his last arc, they could drop a colony directly on top of him and I'd give him better than even odds. Even by Iron Blooded Orphan standards, he's been waving off death flags like they were traffic signs in Miami.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Phobophilia posted:

there's no way that the poo poo that goes down upon mcgillis' instigation doesnt result in gjallarhorn dragging takaki from his new workplace at gunpoint in retaliation for tekkadan

i have a feeling that mcgillis does genuinely admire and look up to mikazuki, his platonic ideal of the ultimate warrior. so the betrayal will not be in regards to being top dog of mars, but a betrayal of their human goals and desire to live a safe comfortable life

mcgillis would love to see tekkadan fight forever

At the very least earth is McGillis area of command so its less likely for that to happen to him. But the economic blocks are still a thing that hasnt been resolved yet and if GH comes out limping they might decide to try and finish it off entirely to eliminate the overseers.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
McGillis is going to give them Mars then declare war on Tekkadan, because he's now created a very public figurehead to lay all the woes of a seperatist Mars upon. Killing them after that makes him top poo poo in the Seven Stars and brings Mars back under Gjallarhorn's heel.

Overlord K
Jun 14, 2009
Azee's scream broke my heart. She's been so calm and collected the whole series and to hear her cry out like that :smith:

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

Lafter noooo :cry:

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves
A Song of Bullets and Blades: Game Of Gundams

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

I saw it coming because they kinda waved every single flag in the world.

It really is sort of weird how like 2 dudes are the source of every single bad thing in the universe these days.

• Locked thread