Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

e.pilot
Nov 20, 2011

sometimes maybe good
sometimes maybe shit

Jay_Zombie posted:

Add me to the list of Xboners.

GT - ZombieAtak oA

Same epilot5280

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Any chance of the goon stat website coming up for Battlefield One? Stats are life.

mellowjournalism
Jul 31, 2004

helllooo

Ol Standard Retard posted:

I got my first text hatemail from a mans I deliberately did a poor job of rocket gunning to death. I think. Literally not even owned hard enough to recall, and a dude is texting me about suckin off my own dad or something geez.

you won you won the game

track service stars for hatemail and boom goty

KICK BAMA KICK posted:

I know one of my problems is reflexively trying to ADS whenever I see an enemy, even if I have a shotgun at close range. I'm dead before the sights come up half the time.

I mean yes you better be abusing the poo poo out of autoaim on console

Braggo
Jul 26, 2005

Jay_Zombie posted:

Ahh, I saw you on the other night but I didn't recognize the name.

No worries!

Chemmy
Feb 4, 2001

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eChSUopbx3U

Chemmy fucked around with this message at 06:02 on Jan 28, 2017

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

"I AINT DYING! Choo choo motherfucker!"
:toot::birddrugs::toot:

Thanks!

We need a list or a spreadsheet before the expansion. Things will pick up when that starts to drop.

Jay_Zombie
Apr 20, 2007

We're sealing the tunnel!

Captain Log posted:

Thanks!

We need a list or a spreadsheet before the expansion. Things will pick up when that starts to drop.

There's actually one in the OP.

Here's the link https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1q5RGA4T1K-6HJ3AYoDgPOelmVnb0M61cXImSqJLmYGs/edit?usp=sharing

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

I'm apparently going blind, thanks.

stevey666
Feb 25, 2007

Excellent, for me this is the true BF experience. Saw so many crashes on that map yesterday, madness.

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

I had a ton of fun playing with PS4 krew last night. It's not often I get a chance to play when anyone else is on, so that was a treat. The last round I had on Ballroom was some of the most fun I've had playing this game so far.
Here's some horsey hijinks.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eu3h6d6wGhM

This one features the final result of the Everwar at E at the beginning, wherein we pinned down poor fools running out of their spawn in the fog. Cruel, but fun. It ended with one round left in the chamber for me.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IdkBYmbMN14

I love the golden gun skin I got for the C93.

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

Both of these are amazing but I'm rolling with laughter because you can see me sort of way back in the distance running over to help, but once the guy's body ends up dangling in mid-air you can feel the tea-bag coming hahaha

unironic tea-bagging, still funny in tyoostg 2017

stevey666
Feb 25, 2007
Chemmy, this is what me and skater were laughing at.

http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/Captain%20Stevey/video/26297190

Laminator
Jan 18, 2004

You up for some serious plastic surgery?
So here's a question for you all... I played on some server that had special rules and disabled snipers (heavy vehicle kill maybe?), and it disabled the Russian 1895 off the Calvary. I can't for the life of me figure out how to re-equip it! You can't customize the load out in-game, you can't customize Calvary from the Soldier menu, and you can't customize it from the phone app either. Any ideas how to re-equip it? I'm getting tired of just having my side arm when getting off the horse.

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

Laminator posted:

So here's a question for you all... I played on some server that had special rules and disabled snipers (heavy vehicle kill maybe?), and it disabled the Russian 1895 off the Calvary. I can't for the life of me figure out how to re-equip it! You can't customize the load out in-game, you can't customize Calvary from the Soldier menu, and you can't customize it from the phone app either. Any ideas how to re-equip it? I'm getting tired of just having my side arm when getting off the horse.

Sounds like a bug. Report it to :dice: - since it involves some variant of the Russian 1895, they will probably push out a patch ASAP that fixes it as well as giving it some much needed accuracy and power buffs, maybe a new straight pull variant or add-on too. And a 60x scope.

Auxiliary Treats
Jun 26, 2013
Little sequences like this are hilarious when they happen.
https://gfycat.com/WholeWatchfulAgouti
https://gfycat.com/GargantuanScholarlyAnt

Hamburlgar
Dec 31, 2007

WANTED
PSKrew assemble!

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.
Very close to class ten pilot. Soon as I get it I'm going to become a bailing taxi driving pubbie because I want to shoot people in the face with the double barrel sawed off

Edit: unlocks shared between pilot and tanker, already have it. Feels so good to give a double dose of buckshot to a sniper :henget:

FastestGunAlive fucked around with this message at 17:34 on Jan 29, 2017

Raskolnikov2089
Nov 3, 2006

Schizzy to the matic
Thought I was a good pilot until I played against a guy last night who had no trouble getting behind me and shooting me down.

It turns out, I'm not good, just the vast majority of pubbies are far worse.

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

Raskolnikov2089 posted:

Thought I was a good pilot until I played against a guy last night who had no trouble getting behind me and shooting me down.

That's why the goon advantage is to stick together and be consistently sort of good. Some of us are pretty amazing (backup and myself included) but it helps if 5-6 people on your team are consistently good. We also have more coordination than your average pubbie.

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

With some coordination you can lead your attacker over to one of your ground troups manning a machine gun or AA and they can take care of your pesky problem. I've done this for pubbie pilots who weren't even on the same squad as me and it works a treat. Keep an eye out on the mini map to see if anyone is manning some ground support and do a flyover.
Kind of related, I discovered the heavy machine gun absolutely wrecks the behemoth. It's ridiculously more effective than the AA gun. Might work the same on airplanes, you're only limited by the azimuth really.

Auxiliary Treats
Jun 26, 2013

Raskolnikov2089 posted:

Pubbies are pretty bad.
https://gfycat.com/RightPhysicalBoilweevil

Chemmy
Feb 4, 2001

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rJD72u6eTH8

winter.mute
Jan 5, 2010

Finger Prince posted:

I discovered the heavy machine gun absolutely wrecks the behemoth. It's ridiculously more effective than the AA gun. Might work the same on airplanes, you're only limited by the azimuth really.

the machine guns mounted in the back of the cars are my favorite anti zeppelin weapons, medium length bursts with really short pauses keeps the gun from overheating and you do constant damage and you can park on a slight incline to get a good angle from pretty much anywhere. i've taken one down nearly solo like this on more than one occasion

e.pilot
Nov 20, 2011

sometimes maybe good
sometimes maybe shit
You get an obscene amount of points doing that as well.

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.

Raskolnikov2089 posted:

same. i've run into maybe 2 actual good pilots. its not worth bothering when there's an actual good pilot in the air, to be honest. air to air just isn't very fun in this game. hence why i usually leave pubbies alone and focus on dartin', til they get uppity and i have to put the smack down

Robot Randy
Dec 31, 2011

by Lowtax

FastestGunAlive posted:

same. i've run into maybe 2 actual good pilots. its not worth bothering when there's an actual good pilot in the air, to be honest. air to air just isn't very fun in this game. hence why i usually leave pubbies alone and focus on dartin', til they get uppity and i have to put the smack down

a2a isnt fun if you run anything other than tank buster

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

I ran into some jackass with 18 stars in the fighter jet. I also saw someone in month one with 51 Hellsriegel stars.

When I star a weapon, I move to the next one. It's a fun challenge.

Live At Five!
Feb 15, 2008
Got killed by a guy who had 100 stars with the hellreigel. I don't understand how someone doesn't get bored by using a gun too much. The most I have is 21 with the benet mercie which I can't stand using anymore.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

Half of the fun of the game is how accurately they portrayed the firearms.

Given most of them weren't used much, but you're missing out if you have a favorite you refuse to deviate from.

I love that BF1 finally gives a good example to people of what is a "clip" and what is a, "magazine."

(Clips were disposable and originally used to "strip" rounds into the fixed magazine in the firearm. Magazines are reloadable and detach from the firearm.)

Edit : Also, the C93, which was Churchill's firearm of choice, was a clip loaded pistol that Han Solo's DL-44 BlasTech blaster was modeled after.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
You are confusing the Borchardt c93 with the Mauser c96, which Han Solo's gun was modeled after.

e.pilot
Nov 20, 2011

sometimes maybe good
sometimes maybe shit
I could happily use the MG15 Suppressive and Low Weight for the rest of the game. Nothing like turning on the bullet hose.

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

Live At Five! posted:

Got killed by a guy who had 100 stars with the hellreigel. I don't understand how someone doesn't get bored by using a gun too much. The most I have is 21 with the benet mercie which I can't stand using anymore.

Probably because the Hellriegel is that good.

Laminator
Jan 18, 2004

You up for some serious plastic surgery?

Live At Five! posted:

Yeah, I don't get it either. I've been working on using weapons I don't like, ran the 1906 level 10 medic rifle this weekend. You have to play carefully and really plan out your shots (kinda like aggressive scout) but I managed to get a service star with it in 1 hour. Might try the auto loading 8.35 next

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

I will get a service star for every weapon if it's the last thing I do! (Currently up to 40 unique service stars)

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

We did a couple of rounds of Back to Basic Conquest last night. True to form it turns into an absolute storm of meat and bullets. Kind of missed having vehicles. Would be cool if they kept 1 tank and 1 plane per side.

Fingat
May 17, 2004

Shhh. My Common Sense is Tingling

I really liked the back to basics until we had to play as the Italians. The 1895 was not clicking with me at all. I spent the whole time trying to steal Mausers.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

Snak posted:

You are confusing the Borchardt c93 with the Mauser c96, which Han Solo's gun was modeled after.

Holy gently caress, good post. I'd never looked close enough at WW1 weapons to notice the difference. I've got some reading to do later.

TheOneAndOnlyT
Dec 18, 2005

Well well, mister fancy-pants, I hope you're wearing your matching sweater today, or you'll be cut down like the ugly tree you are.
hell yeah

http://i.imgur.com/GanSWW6.gifv

Out of curiosity, when are you Xboners usually playing? I usually play with my RL buddies late at night PST so I don't see many of you, but I'm looking to change that.

Live At Five!
Feb 15, 2008
Xboner here, I usually play most days after 10 pm CST until 1 to 2 am cst. This week I have training at work so I'll be playing earlier in the day. All day on weekends though. GT is Baconfeet

So I just did the math on how much more xp I need to reach rank 100 and it's absurd. I'm rank 88 and in total I have 8.6 million score. I need 11.4 million or so score. I realize they did that because there isn't prestige or anything like that but drat that's a lot of xp

Also bf1 has gotten me really interested in the history of WW1 because I don't know anything about it. I found a blog written by a goon which is a day by day account of WW1 that's actually interesting and not dry like a history lecture. If anyone wants to check it out here's the link. And if you like it you can buy an ebook version that's pretty cheap. https://makersley.com/a-failure-of-oversight/

Live At Five! fucked around with this message at 00:23 on Jan 31, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

TheOneAndOnlyT posted:

hell yeah

http://i.imgur.com/GanSWW6.gifv

Out of curiosity, when are you Xboners usually playing? I usually play with my RL buddies late at night PST so I don't see many of you, but I'm looking to change that.

uhh what world war 1 scopes have a neon green stripe on them?