Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

RumbleFish posted:

worst game of the season on the road against Missouri tonight, but still managed to find a way to win by 10 points.

Mizzou has a way of making that happen.

For what it's worth Kim Anderson has been pretty ok against Frank Martin (1-3 coming into tonight with all the losses being single digits counts as pretty good by Kim's standards). Maybe partially some style thing in the matchup, although I have no idea what Missouri's style is beyond sucking. I didn't actually watch the game so I don't have any clue how it went down, just saw that stat earlier.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
:sigh: Go Green

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails
Fouls are Michigan 6, MSU 1 and Izzo still has a tech for complaining about the 1 call that didn't go his way. Going to be a classic Breslin Center game

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Every single year the Ivy League takes a break from fucking up the world through its various alumni to fuck up everyone's bracket instead.
I'm sure Villanova will respond in the second half, but so far at least UVA has put on an absolute clinic. Only reason it's still single digits is Villanova getting lots of calls and hitting their free throws.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.
It's just been such an unexpected week for ranked teams, especially yesterday. Butler lost to Georgetown, FSU lost, UNC lost. Rankings should be interesting tomorrow.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Can't wait for McQuaid to have his next good shooting game in 2018

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench
Freshman Jerome playing lights out for Virginia.

edit: stupid Villanova and their buzzer beaters

CannonFodder fucked around with this message at 21:07 on Jan 29, 2017

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Every single year the Ivy League takes a break from fucking up the world through its various alumni to fuck up everyone's bracket instead.
Ugh, Villanova gets it on a tip at the end. Fantastic game though, good sign for UVA but I think they're just barely missing the Justin Anderson / Malcolm Brogdon guy who wins them this type of game.

CannonFodder posted:

edit: stupid Villanova and their buzzer beaters

Villanova can have buzzer beaters forever given their service to basketball last April.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
What a fuckin' finish

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Hooray :unsmith:

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Arizona looking like dogshit today, and it's not just the continually awful angles and editing errors on this Fox broadcast.

ColdBlooded
Jul 15, 2001

Ask me how to run a good team into the ground.
Refs in this Nebraska Purdue game are loving terrible

RumbleFish
Dec 20, 2007

Grittybeard posted:

Mizzou has a way of making that happen.

For what it's worth Kim Anderson has been pretty ok against Frank Martin (1-3 coming into tonight with all the losses being single digits counts as pretty good by Kim's standards). Maybe partially some style thing in the matchup, although I have no idea what Missouri's style is beyond sucking. I didn't actually watch the game so I don't have any clue how it went down, just saw that stat earlier.

The way you guys play actually reminded me a lot of how SC operated a couple seasons ago: good and even great defense with a lot of hustle, but no offense whatsoever. Y'all locked us out of the paint better than any team not named Kentucky and we probably would've taken the L if Mizzou had more firepower on the offensive end.

The Great Autismo!
Mar 3, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

ColdBlooded posted:

Refs in this Nebraska Purdue game are loving terrible

It's very frustrating when people are allowed to beat each other up down low but they call touch fouls on the perimeter. It's especially frustrating when the team strength is big men

SpiritualDeath
Jul 2, 2009

shaping your brain like pottery
Purdue is about to lose to Nebraska

ColdBlooded
Jul 15, 2001

Why every single team doesn't double Haas/Swanigan when they post up is beyond me.

That being said, watching refs allow teams to absolutely mug the Purdue bigs down low is incredibly frustrating.

The Piper
Feb 18, 2007

Step right up and greet the Mets
Have you accepted the Wild Cat as your lord and savior?

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
Rutgers is hilariously awful and I am stoked for some fire Pete Jok takes if we win another game

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

This lovely Maryland team just strolling through conference play really highlights how rear end the Big Ten is.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

oh god they're preempting the game because indiana loving blows

The Great Autismo!
Mar 3, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
and in Bloomington, IU is going toe to toe with a vaunted Penn State team, heading into an overtime that will no doubt be filled with excellent offensive sets and a hard-nosed defensive mentality

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

what the gently caress btn2go is only showing the loving indiana game when i click on the northwestern/purdue link this is loving madness

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

JESUS CHRIST YOU FUCKERS ARE IN DOUBLE OVERTIME AND YOUR loving WEBSITE DOESN'T WORK

PotatoJudge
May 22, 2004

Tell me about the rabbits, George
And now 2OT. IU finds yet another way to gently caress Purdue.

Long rear end review too to see if it got out of his hand. This is so stupid.

The Great Autismo!
Mar 3, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

The Great Autismo! posted:

and in Bloomington, IU is going toe to toe with a vaunted Penn State team, heading into an overtime that will no doubt be filled with excellent offensive sets and a hard-nosed defensive mentality

The Great Autismo!
Mar 3, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
Thomas Bryant, McDonald's All American and future lottery pick, is very impressed with his dunk against perennial Big10 powerhouse Penn State, in a double overtime game, at home

ColdBlooded
Jul 15, 2001

lmao this game is never going to end

Smashlampjaw
Aug 16, 2008
PSU-Indiana is ownin bones who knew

PotatoJudge
May 22, 2004

ColdBlooded posted:

lmao this game is never going to end

It's how Crean won't get fired, this game just stretches on to the heat death of the universe.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

northwestern's best player is out indefinitely and the dream is done; they will not make the tournament

The Great Autismo!
Mar 3, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

The Great Autismo! posted:

PotatoJudge
May 22, 2004

R.D. Mangles posted:

northwestern's best player is out indefinitely and the dream is done; they will not make the tournament

I thought he was just sick. Is he injured?

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

gently caress everything about basketball tonight

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

PotatoJudge posted:

I thought he was just sick. Is he injured?

mono :rip:

Smashlampjaw
Aug 16, 2008

R.D. Mangles posted:

JESUS CHRIST YOU FUCKERS ARE IN DOUBLE OVERTIME AND YOUR loving WEBSITE DOESN'T WORK

get that Playstion Vue its has BTN and their alternate channels

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Absent an ACCT miracle, Mark Gottfried's getting fired this spring.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Smashlampjaw posted:

get that Playstion Vue its has BTN and there alternates channels

too late i'm not watching this poo poo

Cholmondeley
Sep 28, 2006

New World Orderly
Nap Ghost

elentar posted:

Absent an ACCT miracle, Mark Gottfried's getting fired this spring.

If they are wise, they'll send Debbie packing too.

The Great Autismo!
Mar 3, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
it is literally unbelievably how horribly coached Indiana is, even for a Tom Crean team

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

gently caress purdue and their dumb nine foot ogre man

• Locked thread