Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

cinci zoo sniper posted:

american non profits have are legally prohibited from campaigning against a presidential campaign.

https://twitter.com/resisterhood/status/825576323791847424

basically if planned parenthood openly criticises trump, they can, and most likely will be sued into the ground

America is a dumb place for dumb people and the friendship is over.

New Zealand is my new best friend. They dont do anything stupid or crazy, right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chelb
Oct 24, 2010

I'm gonna show SA-kun my shitposting!

Furnaceface posted:

New Zealand is my new best friend. They dont do anything stupid or crazy, right?

*sucks air through teeth*

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Chelb posted:

to me, a person who knows little about this stuff, the questions are: what counts as criticism, or campaigning through criticism, and would courts buy anything short of "we oppose donald trump as president" as warranting denying tax-exempt status

there's just been too much crazy poo poo going on, it's loving nuts

501c3s can either reorganize as 501c4s or set up "nonaffiliated" ones to do all their advertising for them, the regulations around it are a complete joke and i doubt trump's people would go after it because it would mean every single grift pac they use is up for legal challenge

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Chelb posted:

to me, a person who knows little about this stuff, the questions are: what counts as criticism, or campaigning through criticism, and would courts buy anything short of "we oppose donald trump as president" as warranting denying tax-exempt status

there's just been too much crazy poo poo going on, it's loving nuts
good question, but i assume, given the "indirectly", that quite literally anything with trump's name in it may be held against them

Chelb
Oct 24, 2010

The Muppets On PCP posted:

501c3s can either reorganize as 501c4s or set up "nonaffiliated" ones to do all their advertising for them, the regulations around it are a complete joke and i doubt trump's people would go after it because it would mean every single grift pac they use is up for legal challenge

well we all know the risks of banking on trump and co's competence and intelligence

but thanks, that clears stuff up

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS

Furnaceface posted:

Chelb
Oct 24, 2010

https://twitter.com/MelissaJean_/status/825800089444679681

MLKQUOTEMACHINE
Oct 22, 2012

Some motherfuckers are always trying to ice-skate uphill

Isn't she Australian? Look, NZ has its own sordid poo poo, but we can't blame the kiwis for the crimes of the aussies.

Filthy Hans
Jun 27, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 10 years!)

Furnaceface posted:

America is a dumb place for dumb people and the friendship is over.

no, not unless you consider man-sheep carnal relations to be "stupid" or "crazy"

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
yeah nz merely gave us lorde who afaik hasn't yet committed any serious atrocities

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

smh at "attorneys general" being the correct pluralization

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS

Martha Stewart Undying posted:

Isn't she Australian? Look, NZ has its own sordid poo poo, but we can't blame the kiwis for the crimes of the aussies.

I'm a strong believer in all commonwealth nations being merely geographically separate but culturally interchangeable swamp Anglos.

Chelb
Oct 24, 2010

The Muppets On PCP posted:

yeah nz merely gave us lorde who afaik hasn't yet committed any serious atrocities

she's been tweeting some decent stuff lately

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011

Randler posted:

I'm a strong believer in all commonwealth nations being merely geographically separate but culturally interchangeable swamp Anglos.

especially jamaica

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
Jesus Christ what is up with all the BUY A GUN posts in New US POL Purgatory thread.

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011

Hollismason posted:

Jesus Christ what is up with all the BUY A GUN posts in New US POL Purgatory thread.

:derp:

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011
nothing more american than buying something useless and dangerous because you feel scared and disempowered

MLKQUOTEMACHINE
Oct 22, 2012

Randler posted:

Most Anglos would get murdered within a week of living in Jamaica.

Chelb
Oct 24, 2010

Cease to Hope posted:

nothing more american than buying something useless and dangerous because you feel scared and disempowered

i try not to bag on minorities for wanting to defend themselves at least

any straight white guy that feels threatened enough to buy a gun though is incredibly dumb

R. Mute
Jul 27, 2011

liberals pre-trump: buying a gun to defend yourself? heh.
liberals post-trump: !!!!

MLKQUOTEMACHINE
Oct 22, 2012

R. Mute posted:

liberals pre-trump: buying a gun to defend yourself? heh.
liberals post-trump: !!!!

ive always been pro-(sane) gun ownership.

cant trust whitey.

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Chelb posted:

any straight white guy that feels threatened enough to buy a gun though is incredibly dumb

also they're the most likely people to already have guns

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good

Eugene V. Dabs posted:

I just don't want to die in winter, please

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OJKMji2688M

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Randler posted:

Canada, Australia and NZ might be poo poo but Im pretty loving offended youd lump us in with the UK. :mad:

kustomkarkommando
Oct 22, 2012

Randler posted:

what about the snow french

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

kustomkarkommando posted:

austrians?

kustomkarkommando
Oct 22, 2012

No those are mountain papists

Chelb
Oct 24, 2010

for some reason that sounds almost too quaint

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good
i think i'm actually getting old. i had a donut and coffee for breakfast instead of my usual toast and tea and the extra sugar and caffeine are making me feel physically unpleasant. a single cake donut with chocolate frosting has defeated me

kustomkarkommando
Oct 22, 2012

The rise of Macron

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS

They get recognized as an independant entity once they go Cromwell on their royalist brethren. :colbert:

kustomkarkommando
Oct 22, 2012

Randler posted:

They get recognized as an independant entity once they go Cromwell on their royalist brethren. :colbert:

Didn't realise you where so keen on heretical protestantism you dutcher

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS

Didn't realise you where so keen on heretical protestantism you dutcher

I have a tier-list for this stuff. The end of monarchy comes before the end of Protestantism.

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

GhostofJohnMuir posted:

i think i'm actually getting old. i had a donut and coffee for breakfast instead of my usual toast and tea and the extra sugar and caffeine are making me feel physically unpleasant. a single cake donut with chocolate frosting has defeated me

Uh, you might want to get checked for diabetes.

stone cold
Feb 15, 2014

No those are mountain racists
FTFY

darn autocorrect

kustomkarkommando
Oct 22, 2012

stone cold posted:

FTFY

darn autocorrect

But then what do we call the swiss

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/825823217025691648

Chelb
Oct 24, 2010

GhostofJohnMuir posted:

get wrecked

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Filthy Hans
Jun 27, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 10 years!)

Hollismason posted:

Which thread is that?

• Locked thread