Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Farewell, good Hunter. May you find your worth in the waking world.

I'm officially sick to my stomach.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Generation Internet
Jan 18, 2009

Where angels and generals fear to tread.

Hot Karl Marx posted:

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/825823217025691648

lol i dont even know what to say about that trump tweet

This is probably what Putin told him on the phone.

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

WAR CRIME SYNDICAT posted:

It's specifically referencing the refugee ban.

https://twitter.com/FoxNews/status/825798856839421952

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
Welp, at least I don't have to worry about the VA killing me slowly when the president will do it quick.

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

It's super dumb, but I can't stop myself. This is just kind of how I do things.

Thanks. That's what I was talking about. It's worded like that to sidestep the whole "banning legal residents from reentry etc" thing I'm sure.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

But the dates on the poll are before the inauguration so it can't actually be about the executive order.

TheQuietWilds
Sep 8, 2009

Stultus Maximus posted:

But the dates on the poll are before the inauguration so it can't actually be about the executive order.

When has anything mattered, especially anything like that?

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

Stultus Maximus posted:

Don't tell Fox news or its viewers that!

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

Stultus Maximus posted:

I didn't even notice that. Of course.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

Hot Karl Marx posted:

Ah, there it is. There's my daily peak-:wtc: moment.

Was almost worried I'd have to wait till the evening.

Wolf Pussy
Jul 7, 2016

by R. Dieovich

Hot Karl Marx posted:

It's referencing their frequent support for US support for Russia border states like the Georgia thing many years ago and Ukraine recently. "Trying to start WWIII" was a common hit against McCain for some of the wilder proposals he made regarding Georgia.

Who told Trump to say this I don't know, because he surely doesn't know the history.

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!
wouldnt be surprised if the baltic states get the ukraine treatment soon enough

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

Wolf Pussy posted:

It's referencing their frequent support for US support for Russia border states like the Georgia thing many years ago and Ukraine recently. "Trying to start WWIII" was a common hit against McCain for some of the wilder proposals he made regarding Georgia.

Who told Trump to say this I don't know, because he surely doesn't know the history.

It's Bannon/Flynn. Who the gently caress else could it be?

Flynn wants to suck Russia off, Bannon wants to set fire to the Reichstag get a terrorist attack on US soil, and Trump wants to be adored.

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

Rode my bike by the White House a few hours ago to check out the protests. Felt a decisively more angry/confrontational vibe in the crowd today than I felt in the Women's March. There were easily thousands of people there.

About one week into Trump's presidency and we've already seen two massive anti-government protests. There is no way we make it the remaining 207 weeks without some bad poo poo happening.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

not caring here posted:

Welp, at least I don't have to worry about the VA killing me slowly when the president will do it quick.

quote:

Look who came home in a wheelchair
V.a. hospital, they don't care
"we're the machine
You're just a tool."
Who fell for the myth of Rambozo the clown

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IavyqrEI6SY

Suicide Watch
Sep 8, 2009

Wouldn't these refugee zones just turn into terrorism breeding grounds? Like the Palestinian camps

Best Friends
Nov 4, 2011

Suicide Watch posted:

Wouldn't these refugee zones just turn into terrorism breeding grounds? Like the Palestinian camps

Why would our benevolent Saudi allies ever want a desperate group of people to fall prey to Islamic radicalization? You must be mistaken.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

Best Friends posted:

Why would our benevolent Saudi allies ever want a desperate group of people to fall prey to Islamic radicalization? You must be mistaken.

brand engager
Mar 23, 2011

Oh boy
https://twitter.com/AdamBlickstein/status/825819747052875781

https://twitter.com/AdamBlickstein/status/825837466213052416

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

Like why do the guys working for CBP not realize how hosed that is

Is this like the Stanford prison experiment on a large scale or loving what, Jesus

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

We did it. We're the baddies.

Like why do the guys working for CBP not realize how hosed that is

Is this like the Stanford prison experiment on a large scale or loving what, Jesus

Remember: New Border Patrol head is possibly a white supremacist.

CommieGIR fucked around with this message at 00:13 on Jan 30, 2017

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

CommieGIR posted:

We did it. We're the baddies.

Remember: New Border Patrol head is possibly a white supremacist.

Sure but the guys on the ground aren't all mindless automatons.

Yeah. I think we're the bad guys this time, guys. Like not even kidding.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

Sure but the guys on the ground aren't all mindless automatons.

Yeah. I think we're the bad guys this time, guys. Like not even kidding.

The guy denies that The War on Drugs is failing, and uses questionable tactics against protesters in his previous positions. Trump (AKA Bannon) chose guys who they knew would never question their orders.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon
At what point is this considered a powder keg?

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

:catstare:

they're no-poo poo detaining US citizens now?

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008
I enjoy liberals going out to buy guns cause of the federal government

Feels like the world is upside down lmao

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
We are officially in a timeline made by someone writing a batshit back story for a Harpoon scenario.

Waroduce posted:

Is that actually happening?

I mean it's really not the worst idea in the world...though less for the feds and more for the Nazi's.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug
One of my friends got shipped off to one of these sites. They took his phone too. I'm severely cheesed. The guy has a wife and kid here too.

I've been in touch with his company, apparently they are trying to get a lawyer in touch with him.

CommieGIR fucked around with this message at 00:29 on Jan 30, 2017

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

MazelTovCocktail posted:

We are officially in a timeline made by someone writing a batshit back story for a Harpoon scenario.

I mean it's really not the worst idea in the world...though less for the feds and more for the Nazi's.

yeah I just got back from picking an 870 for when yokel haram comes a knockin

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon

CommieGIR posted:

One of my friends got shipped off to one of these sites. They took his phone too. I'm severely cheesed. The guy has a wife and kid here too.

Which airport, and is there any info on where they're going? If they get brought to a police station then I will be 1/100th % less worried but still improvement over "blacksite"

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

MazelTovCocktail posted:

It's bad for the feds if they're being ordered about by nazis.

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

CommieGIR posted:

I've been in touch with his company, apparently they are trying to get a lawyer in touch with him.

This is insane and it's even more insane that CBP is preventing people like your friend from reaching legal representation.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

M_Gargantua posted:

Which airport, and is there any info on where they're going? If they get brought to a police station then I will be 1/100th % less worried but still improvement over "blacksite"

CBP isn't sending them to a police station. We don't know where he is right now. We're trying to find out.

He was flying into Boston International.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

LITERALLY SHAKING posted:

It's bad for the feds if they're being ordered about by nazis.

It is, but let's not forget there are always the emboldened unofficial groups too.

Cugel the Clever
Apr 5, 2009
I LOVE AMERICA AND CAPITALISM DESPITE BEING POOR AS FUCK. I WILL NEVER RETIRE BUT HERE'S ANOTHER 200$ FOR UKRAINE, SLAVA

Waroduce posted:

It would be good if there were a way to encourage people to purchase and adequately familiarize themselves with a firearm without sounding either alarmist or outright incendiary. It's just a skill worth having and could help bring more nuance to the gun control debate.

Unfortunately, it's probably more likely some would-be anarchist does something stupid at a protest that lights the powder keg.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

shame on an IGA posted:

My husband recently asked me to teach him how to work my shotgun :cripes:

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

call this place and ask if they have him.

https://www.ice.gov/detention-facility/suffolk-county-house-corrections-south-bay

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

shame on an IGA posted:

I'm just going to sit tight with my .357 in my apartment until the fights in my apartment courtyard result in enough death and dropped firearms that I can go about collecting them under Frank's watchful eye.

Or just watch it all unfold on tv while smoking a fatty.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

I'll forward this to his lawyer, hopefully they already have that info.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

MazelTovCocktail posted:

Man I started stocking up a decade ago. Not all lefties believe in the benevolent gaze of the state will always be there to watch my back.

• Locked thread