Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.
Votes so far:

Alice: 11
Fang: 6
Smith: 5
Sidney: 3
Cassandra: 3

Akatsuki: 2
Asteria: 1
Charlotte: 1
Scott: 0
Faye: 0
Susan: 0
Rose: 0

My Choice: 1

Blaze Dragon posted:

I feel the same, so I vote the same.

Also, did the game just stop working at 5:33? That Bodyguard sure took far longer than it should have.

There were some technical difficulties on my end, and I completely forgot to cut that bit of downtime out of the video.

Araxxor fucked around with this message at 21:47 on Jan 28, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dont be mean to me
May 2, 2007

I'm interplanetary, bitch
Let's go to Mars

dont be mean to me posted:

Alice, Charlotte, Smith

Dr. Fetus posted:

Votes so far:

Charlotte: 0

Welp, I'm hellbanned.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.
Rose, Alice, Charlotte

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

dont be mean to me posted:

Welp, I'm hellbanned.

Oops, missed that. Added that to the current count.

freshlybaked posted:

Alice, Fang, and Smith. I get the feeling we're gonna see zero of the former two later on as we progress so this may be their last time to shine. And Smith just because.

Yeah, I really hate to say this, but Fang's usefulness drops heavily for boss fights at this point. (Outside of 2 battles.) He's fine for exploration though.

Araxxor fucked around with this message at 21:52 on Jan 28, 2017

Wiffle
Jan 5, 2014
Joining the bandwaggon on Alice, Fang, and Smith.

BlackPersona
Oct 21, 2012

Akatsuki, Fetus Choice x2

Feels like we haven't seen enough of Akatsuki, and I'm afraid he might not get much spotlight in this stratum.

GeneralYeti
Jul 22, 2012

Look at this smug broken asshole.
Alice, Akatsuki, Fetus Choice x1

Fetus choice to offset Alice, and then Akatsuki because we need more of him in the LP, I think.

Mr. Vile
Nov 25, 2009

And, where there is treasure, there will be Air Pirates.
Smith, Charlotte, Alice.

Let's get the two opposing path characters in together, and I can't say no to a recommended farmer.

Miacis
Oct 9, 2012

Get off my lawn!!
Smith, Fang, and MEGAQUEEN
Because it might be good to have some form of healing, for an exploration team.

Level Seven
Feb 14, 2013

Wubba dubba dubba
that blew.

Megamarm
Alice, Fang and Smith for what everyone else reasoned.

AweStriker
Oct 6, 2014

Akatsuki, HRH MEGAQUEEN, Asteria

is that good
Apr 14, 2012
x3 Dr.'s orders

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Dr. Fetus posted:

With that said, he's not a bad party member to bring along, since he can pick off some annoying enemies with Izuna, but he is heavily outclassed by Alice at this point.[/i]

I don't know where the italics are supposed to go here.

Dr. Fetus posted:

(And one of them is kind of a middle finger to players looking to 100% the game, which Alice can get deal with.) Akatsuki is capable of the same thing, but his stat spread makes pulling that off less likely.

Anyway, Alice is recommended so I have to vote for her on principle. And MEGAQUEEN & Sidney

Kemix
Dec 1, 2013

Because change
Figure I'll go with the old standard of Fetus' Choice x3 and leave it at that.

Blademaster_Aio
Jan 22, 2017

Faye, Sidney, Fetus choice x1

Well, if no healer gets in, I guess we have items?

shadowofshinra
Apr 12, 2014
Alice, Faye, Sidney

theshim
May 1, 2012

You think you can defeat ME, Ephraimcopter?!?

You couldn't even beat Assassincopter!!!

Efe posted:

This is the kind of death that really gets me infuriated, when a move that's designed to not hit you outside of certain situations actually does.
Let me tell you about having to redo Scylla in EOU2... :argh:

Alice, Cassandra, Sidney

shibbotech
Aug 21, 2014

I'm Doctor Shibbo, and this is Jackass.
Nap Ghost
Faye, Sidney, Akatsuki

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

VOTING IS CLOSED! Final results:

Alice: 19
Fang: 9
Smith: 9
Sidney: 8
Akatsuki: 6

Cassandra: 4
Charlotte: 3
Susan: 3
Faye: 3
Asteria: 2
Rose: 1
Scott: 0

My Choice: 11

Huh. I think this is the very first time Alice top scored in any vote. I won't be changing up anything, the party is actually pretty decent. Actually, having both Alice and Akatsuki come along will make this Stratum a lot less annoying on the random encounters side. So the party will consist of Alice, Smith, Sidney, Fang, and Akatsuki!

RareAcumen posted:

I don't know where the italics are supposed to go here.

Oh whoops. Fixed both. The former was something left from an earlier draft.

Rawkking
Sep 4, 2011
Three disablers in place of damage mitigation/healing and 2 dedicated damage dealers is something you don't see a lot in the early etrian odyssey games (4 + 5 seem to make disablers pretty viable). This is gonna be cool to watch.

werbear
Jan 14, 2017

Dr. Fetus posted:

Alice, Smith, Sidney, Fang, and Akatsuki

This party reminds me of that shooting range scene in Men in Black.

First you have Smith - a killer robot with flaming fists bent on destroying all in his way.
But really, he is just a janitor-bot with a minor heat-sink problem.

Next there is Fang - a savage from the jungle commanding giant snakes and (as we have learned in EO2U) carnivorous elephants.
But really, he is just a nice guy that likes animals. And all his friends are tame and friendly, too.

Then there is Sidney - a crazy lunatic that blows up everything around him with a weapon bigger than his torso.
But really, he is just a monster hunter with a lust for dragons that sometimes gets a bit overexcited. Since Yggdrasil Labyrinths are so dangerous he is basically a hero.

And lastly there is Akatsuki - a literal assassin, trained for murder and deception from a young age.
But really, he just likes helping others and will use even his ninja arts to do use. Since they are the only thing he learned it would be a waste to not use them.

But then there is Alice.
What is this little girl doing hanging out with all these questionable figures in a dark place like the Cyclopean Haunt?
Clearly, she is the most dangerous of them all.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
I don't think it was said in the movie, but the little girl with the quantum physics books was evil and Will Smith's character actually did make the right choice.

So yeah, Alice is probably secretly a renegade Deep One intending on taking over the world.

A Magical Lamp
Aug 16, 2010

Rawkking posted:

Three disablers in place of damage mitigation/healing and 2 dedicated damage dealers is something you don't see a lot in the early etrian odyssey games (4 + 5 seem to make disablers pretty viable). This is gonna be cool to watch.

I'm guessing Fang's role in things at this point involves being an item healer. His animals aren't as good as Alice's or Akatsuki's clones.

WarpedLichen
Aug 14, 2008

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

I don't think it was said in the movie, but the little girl with the quantum physics books was evil and Will Smith's character actually did make the right choice.

So yeah, Alice is probably secretly a renegade Deep One intending on taking over the world.

I would hope so, I always thought it was weird that the MIB had a test that advocated shooting little girls with an advanced interest in science.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

So now that I'm in the post-game, I can start raking in a lot of money and start buying the ultimate equipment for everyone. Should I start buying the ultimate equipment now or later?

Mainly asking because good grief, Akatsuki is falling horribly behind. The best Knife he can get now has an attack power of 116. Sidney's best Crossbow has an attack power of around 150. (Put those numbers through the damage formula to see how dire that is.)

A Magical Lamp
Aug 16, 2010
It's ultimate equipment time.

werbear
Jan 14, 2017
I'd say now is the time for those that struggle. Akatsuki, Alice and Smith will need all the help they can get, I would imagine.
And since they will most likely not play a huge part in any post-game boss fights this might be one of the last chances to show off what they got.

But those that can carry their weight easily might just be able to wait a little while.

So a mix? If that's a valid option...

werbear fucked around with this message at 22:32 on Feb 4, 2017

BlackPersona
Oct 21, 2012

Never too early to get them.

Wiffle
Jan 5, 2014
May as well especially if a character is useless without it.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.
Buy equipment for characters who are falling behind if it'll help them catch up again.

Blademaster_Aio
Jan 22, 2017

Go, go, go! Ultimate equipment time! Yes!

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

Wiffle posted:

May as well especially if a character is useless without it.

a busted-up mailbox
Dec 14, 2012

werbear posted:

I'd say now is the time for those that struggle. Akatsuki, Alice and Smith will need all the help they can get, I would imagine.
And since they will most likely not play a huge part in any post-game boss fights this might be one of the last chances to show off what they got.

But those that can carry their weight easily might just be able to wait a little while.

So a mix? If that's a valid option...

Also voting for a mix if possible.

HR12345
Nov 19, 2012
Buy the ultimate equipment!

BlazeEmblem
Jun 8, 2013

Uh oh. Do I use Ariadne thread or Goho-M?

Do it now.

WarpedLichen
Aug 14, 2008

Voting buy it now. I would rather just make the game easier so we can skip as much bullshit as possible.

Level Seven
Feb 14, 2013

Wubba dubba dubba
that blew.

Megamarm
Use those coupons now.

I dont know
Aug 9, 2003

That Guy here...
Ultimate equipment now. You legit got all the curse drops, that should more than meet quota for horrible tedious bullshit.

dont be mean to me
May 2, 2007

I'm interplanetary, bitch
Let's go to Mars

I dont know posted:

Ultimate equipment now. You legit got all the curse drops, that should more than meet quota for horrible tedious bullshit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

Alright, I'll grab them as soon as I can. Though I'll prioritize the weaker members first.

• Locked thread