Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

Scholtz posted:

Hey. Shut up.

Jealousy isn't a good look for you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BearDrivingTruck
Oct 15, 2011

You see the most shocking sights sometimes
Silver Falcon, I'm online and ready when you are.

Dienes
Nov 4, 2009

dee
doot doot dee
doot doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot

College Slice

Ogmius815 posted:

How do I get better festival plaza facilities? God I hate festival plaza.

You can try talking to everyone in your plaza - you can purchase a facility from them, but its a crapshoot and the vast majority of people will just have a 1-star ball shop on offer.

Otherwise, pray to the RNG gods when you level up your plaza.

Apparently there's a way to game the plaza so you can soft-reset for facilities you want, but its time-consuming and I haven't tried it.

Rangpur
Dec 31, 2008

I'd like to try a Wishiwashi as a competitive Pokemon, probably as part of a Trick Room team to compensate for the abyssmal speed score. Since its Attack and Special Attack are equal, which one's the better choice. (Not that it has a great movepool, mind--physical is basically just Aqua Tail/Waterfall, Earthquake & U-Turn while the main special attacks are Hydro Pump & Ice Beam.)

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

Ogmius815 posted:

How do I get better festival plaza facilities? God I hate festival plaza.

You get offered a random facility every time your Plaza increases a rank, but mainly you'll just buy them from other people. When you interact with someone in your Festival Plaza they'll offer you the first facility in their list.

Speaking of which: does anyone have a Hoenn Tent fortune teller with just a single star? I recently found out that the phrases you get are dependent the kind of fortune teller AND its level. I really want that Mirage Island phrase.

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

BearDrivingTruck posted:

Silver Falcon, I'm online and ready when you are.

Just finished my lunch! I'll be idling in the plaza for awhile. What was your trainer name again?

BearDrivingTruck
Oct 15, 2011

You see the most shocking sights sometimes

Silver Falcon posted:

Just finished my lunch! I'll be idling in the plaza for awhile. What was your trainer name again?

Noah, I just tried to initiate a trade.

e: Thanks for enabling my ball obsession!

BearDrivingTruck fucked around with this message at 18:08 on Jan 29, 2017

White Light
Dec 19, 2012

What is the Island scan, and how do I access it?

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

Go to QR scan, scan 10x codes, you'll unlock 1x island scan. It will create a pokemon spawn depending on the week day and which island you are on. http://www.serebii.net/sunmoon/dailyevent.shtml if you want to see a list of what spawns.

http://imgur.com/a/EFOqs if you need codes to scan.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

Avalerion posted:

http://imgur.com/a/EFOqs if you need codes to scan.

And you don't care about Pokedex entries simply scan these (they work once a day).

The Magearna QR code for your region can also be re-used and counts for 20 points as well.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
Is the trading thread the place to ask about breeding rejects?

PSWII60
Jan 7, 2007

All the best octopodes shoot fire and ice.

Rangpur posted:

I'd like to try a Wishiwashi as a competitive Pokemon, probably as part of a Trick Room team to compensate for the abyssmal speed score. Since its Attack and Special Attack are equal, which one's the better choice. (Not that it has a great movepool, mind--physical is basically just Aqua Tail/Waterfall, Earthquake & U-Turn while the main special attacks are Hydro Pump & Ice Beam.)

I did mine with Scald/Muddy Water/Ice Beam/U-turn for doubles. You could also put Toxic or Substitute on it if you weren't running an AV, and there's always Hidden Power.

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...

Mierenneuker posted:

You get offered a random facility every time your Plaza increases a rank, but mainly you'll just buy them from other people. When you interact with someone in your Festival Plaza they'll offer you the first facility in their list.

Speaking of which: does anyone have a Hoenn Tent fortune teller with just a single star? I recently found out that the phrases you get are dependent the kind of fortune teller AND its level. I really want that Mirage Island phrase.

Apparently i do

3969-8002-4035

I'll put it in slot one for you if you want.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

FishBulb posted:

Apparently i do

3969-8002-4035

I'll put it in slot one for you if you want.

Awesome. You were already on my friends list, so I'll be sure to buy it when we are both online.

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...

Mierenneuker posted:

Awesome. You were already on my friends list, so I'll be sure to buy it when we are both online.

I'm gunna be in the plaza for awhile but if you aren't just ask me sometime and I'll hop on.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

FishBulb posted:

I'm gunna be in the plaza for awhile but if you aren't just ask me sometime and I'll hop on.

Bought it. Thank you very much, you can remove it from your first slot again.

Rangpur
Dec 31, 2008

PSWII60 posted:

I did mine with Scald/Muddy Water/Ice Beam/U-turn for doubles. You could also put Toxic or Substitute on it if you weren't running an AV, and there's always Hidden Power.
Is it more efficient investing in HP, or do you pump it all into the defense or attack stats instead?

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...
Cool. I'm gunna switch it back to 5* rare kitchen if anyone wants that.

Starsnostars
Jan 17, 2009

The Master of Magnetism

PSWII60 posted:

I went with a Scald/Muddy Water/Ice Beam/protect set with one of the berries that heals 50% at 25%. A set with Surf along side a telepathy Oranguru which can then instruct the surfs might be alright.

Dienes
Nov 4, 2009

dee
doot doot dee
doot doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot

College Slice

Starsnostars posted:

I went with a Scald/Muddy Water/Ice Beam/protect set with one of the berries that heals 50% at 25%. A set with Surf along side a telepathy Oranguru which can then instruct the surfs might be alright.

How well does Oranguru's Instruct pair with mega-Khangaskhan?

Starsnostars
Jan 17, 2009

The Master of Magnetism
I wouldn't know, I only really play VGC where Mega Kang isn't allowed this season. Generally speaking though, you normally see Oranguru use Instruct with spread moves as opposed to single target moves.

PSWII60
Jan 7, 2007

All the best octopodes shoot fire and ice.

Rangpur posted:

Is it more efficient investing in HP, or do you pump it all into the defense or attack stats instead?

I pumped it all into HP and SpA with the leftover 6 in Att. If you are using only one attacking stat them may as well put those last point into a defense. His base HP is so low even while schooling that he benefits significantly more from maxing the HP stat rather than putting it in defenses. This is generally the case except for some fringe cases like Excadril where you get better bulk from investing in the defensive stats. You could put some into a defensive stat if you were looking to survive specific boosted attacks or SE hits with however much HP remaining, but Max HP, Max primary attacking stat seemed to work quite well.

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

Ometeotl posted:

Jealousy isn't a good look for you.

Yeah well the quality of your puns is sporeatic at best. Definitely shroom for improvement.

Alpha Phoenix
Feb 26, 2007

That is a peckin' lot of bird...
:kazooieass::kazooieass::kazooieass:

So for Magearna, does the QR code still work and if so can I farm it for nature, or is that going to fail for some reason?

Silver Falcon posted:

I too would like one of your cool things for cool people.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

Alpha Phoenix posted:

So for Magearna, does the QR code still work and if so can I farm it for nature, or is that going to fail for some reason?

The announcement said that the QR code could be used "indefinitely" although I have no idea if claiming it is tied to a save game or the game itself.
Putting a Pokemon with Synchronize in the lead of your party guarantees a nature, like with all gift/given Pokemon.

Flagrama
Jun 19, 2010

Lipstick Apathy
You can use the QR code multiple times for Island Scan purposes. You can only claim Magearna once per save though.

Nth Doctor
Sep 7, 2010

Darkrai used Dream Eater!
It's super effective!

So how do I join this discord I see posted about every so often? I'd like to get some trading done in the next couple of days.

Mef989
Feb 6, 2007

Nth Doctor posted:

So how do I join this discord I see posted about every so often? I'd like to get some trading done in the next couple of days.

Download the app and the click the link in the op.

Rose Spirit
Nov 4, 2010

:33 < APEX PURREDATOR
Hey Silver Falcon, can I get a female Friend Ball HA Shroomish from you? I can offer a 6IV (non-HA) Roselia with some egg moves!

Pretty sure I've added you already, in-game name Lauren. I'll be around for the rest of the afternoon so let me know when to pop online.

Rose Spirit fucked around with this message at 21:54 on Jan 29, 2017

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Alpha Phoenix posted:

Sure. I've eaten my dinner and can trade. I will need your friend code!

Rose Spirit posted:

Hey Silver Falcon, can I get a female Friend Ball HA Shroomish from you? I can offer a 6IV (non-HA) Roselia with some egg moves!

Pretty sure I've added you already, in-game name Lauren. I'll be around for the rest of the afternoon so let me know when to pop online.

I know I had you on my list at one point, but you might have gotten lost in the Animal Crossing shuffle. Would you mind giving me your code again?

Silver Falcon fucked around with this message at 23:35 on Jan 29, 2017

Nth Doctor
Sep 7, 2010

Darkrai used Dream Eater!
It's super effective!

Mef989 posted:

Download the app and the click the link in the op.

:doh: didn't realize link was in op

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

I want one of those Shroomish desperately but being in Japan means my time zone is wacky. I'll add my FC to this post or post it again later. Keep one squirreled away in a corner for me. :D

Rose Spirit
Nov 4, 2010

Silver Falcon posted:

Sure. I've eaten my dinner and can trade. I will need your friend code!

I know I had you on my list at one point, but you might have gotten lost in the Animal Crossing shuffle. Would you mind giving me your code again?

Sorry for the delay, unexpected company. 1332-8820-3156 Lauren

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Cipher Pol 9 posted:

I want one of those Shroomish desperately but being in Japan means my time zone is wacky. I'll add my FC to this post or post it again later. Keep one squirreled away in a corner for me. :D

Yep, don't worry. I have plenty, and I can breed more if by some miracle I run out!

Rose Spirit posted:

Sorry for the delay, unexpected company. 1332-8820-3156 Lauren

Added you! I'll hang around the plaza for a bit.

Rose Spirit
Nov 4, 2010

Silver Falcon posted:

Added you! I'll hang around the plaza for a bit.

Thanks!! She's gonna help pimp out my future Roselia babies~

Squats
Nov 4, 2009

Mierenneuker posted:

I recently found out that the phrases you get are dependent the kind of fortune teller AND its level. I really want that Mirage Island phrase.

Wait, really? Is there a list as to what levels equals what phrases? I've been trying to get "The power of science is amazing!" from a 5* Pokemon House for ages with no luck. :(

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

Giant Boy Detective posted:

Wait, really? Is there a list as to what levels equals what phrases? I've been trying to get "The power of science is amazing!" from a 5* Pokemon House for ages with no luck. :(

https://www.reddit.com/r/FestivalPlaza/comments/5kw98o/important_fortune_teller_info_for_unlocking/

Seems you have been unlucky, since Pokemon House seems to work differently than the other fortune teller tents.

For the other tents you might need to downgrade for certain phrases. I got two new lines in two days from a single star Hoenn tent that I didn't get from having a five star version for over a month.

Mierenneuker fucked around with this message at 10:01 on Jan 30, 2017

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

Diet Poison posted:

A brand new move that only exists on a single old Pokemon who couldn't even be imported into the game for the first two months of its existence. Move is "eh" and the Pokemon is pretty solidly unpopular. Sometimes I really do wonder what in the hell they're smoking over at GameFreak.

It's even physical, even though Heatmor has higher Sp.Atk than Attack. Not much higher, but still, what the hell :psyduck: It'd be a fantastic move on a better attacker (Fire-type Crunch w/ 100% defense drop? That's a crazy wall-busting move) but unfortunately physical Fire-types are few and far between, and it's such a specifically designed move that they'll never give it to anything else because ~flavor~

Unlike Heatmor, however, Durant is cool and good and powerful. Use Durant more often.

Kite Pride Worldwide fucked around with this message at 13:01 on Jan 30, 2017

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

A vase to face encounter.

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

Kite Pride Worldwide posted:

It's even physical, even though Heatmor has higher Sp.Atk than Attack. Not much higher, but still, what the hell :psyduck:

They did the same thing (inverse) to Kommo-o, a fighting-type with access to Dragon Dance.

At least, pretending for a second that it has any good fighting moves. And that fairies don't exist. :smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rangpur
Dec 31, 2008

Kite Pride Worldwide posted:

It's even physical, even though Heatmor has higher Sp.Atk than Attack. Not much higher, but still, what the hell :psyduck: It'd be a fantastic move on a better attacker (Fire-type Crunch w/ 100% defense drop? That's a crazy wall-busting move) but unfortunately physical Fire-types are few and far between, and it's such a specifically designed move that they'll never give it to anything else because ~flavor~
Look man, somewhere out there is a kid who loved his dearly departed pet anteater and he thinks Heatmor is just the coolest poo poo ever. Let them have a cool signature move for once. (Also, aren't like 4 out of 7 fire starters primarily physical attackers? Plus Flareon, Arcanine... You're not wrong on the raw numbers but that's partly because there are fewer fire-types, period. They're not really uncommon, is what I'm saying.)