Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Postal Parcel
Aug 2, 2013
Decided to finally give in after seeing that yet another (:japan:non-JP:japan:)pop star has invaded my final fantasy. Why won't SQEX keep my games free and pure of western influence and blahblah
I listed it in the FFBE Google Doc, but I'm Chocobro @ 053-289-113

Quick question though, I've got a Yun-Xiao-Ling account and a Ramza-Ace-Seven account. Which is more "future" proof and worth investing time in?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cat Pilot
Jan 29, 2003

Been very lucky, pulled half-price Ace on Friday, free pull Greg#2 on Saturday and Yun on Sunday. I think i'm either going to purchase a lottery ticket or never play the lottery again.

Skyridge
Jan 1, 2011

Ugh, all you Yun have are making me so jealous. Not only do I want him because he seems cool and useful, but his TMR is the one single piece I'm missing from the ultimate Firion build.

MohShuvuu
Aug 26, 2010

I eat ass.

Postal Parcel posted:

Quick question though, I've got a Yun-Xiao-Ling account and a Ramza-Ace-Seven account. Which is more "future" proof and worth investing time in?

Ramza and Ace will both be gods when enhancements come out.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money
I just realized that Vanille's TM is an accessory that gives +30% MAG. :eyepop: I got my second vanille today.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

but at least I don't have
a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

MohShuvuu posted:

Ramza and Ace will both be gods when enhancements come out.

It's worth noting, though, that Global Exclusive units are big fat question marks as to what enhancements could do. They could just be dipshits and not release any enhancements for any of them, or they could make the likes of Yun and Noel and Elza just as god-tier. :shrug: Nobody knows.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

To get the Phoenix down mission in the quickest way possible, target your own party member and attack. To self target, you have to press and hold your finger on the actual unit in the upper field of battle, then you'll see the option.

Also,
Don't forget the chests respawn each day, there's a rare summon ticket in the upper left chest.

Cartoon Man fucked around with this message at 12:11 on Jan 30, 2017

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Imagine how much more sad and lonely we would be if not for the hard work of lowtax. Here's $12.95 to his aid.

Cartoon Man posted:

Also,
Don't forget the chests respawn each day, there's a rare summon ticket in the upper left chest.

It does not retrieve properly, they know of it, we'll get reimbursed/fixed.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

MrLonghair posted:

It does not retrieve properly, they know of it, we'll get reimbursed/fixed.

I got a ticket from the chest with no problems...

:confused:

Edit: I guess it doesn't show up in your inventory after you snag it.

https://m.facebook.com/note.php?not...ket_bug_will%2F

Cartoon Man fucked around with this message at 13:34 on Jan 30, 2017

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

False enemy or true friend?
What the hell qualifies as an ability? You can only use auto attacks or what?

Cry Havoc
May 10, 2004

This cyberpunk cartoon avatar is pretty dang ol' good, I tell you what.
and items i suppose haha

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Servaetes posted:

What the hell qualifies as an ability? You can only use auto attacks or what?

Use black magic. Team ExDeath go!

hamsystem
Nov 11, 2010

Fuzzy pickles!
Finished up my first dual wield this morning, should have 2x dualcasts, an Excalibur, and a Sakurafubuki finished this week. I don't have a Chiz yet, but I do have a Hayate and 2 Gafgarrions. I'm not sure what to put in the other spots. I was thinking maybe Noctis and DFina? I don't have a Ramza either.

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!

If only I had a few Vanilles to complete him...

I wish this game had more cool builds like this.

Pelican Dunderhead
Jun 16, 2010

Ah! Hello Ershin!
Pillbug

Cartoon Man posted:

To get the Phoenix down mission in the quickest way possible, target your own party member and attack. To self target, you have to press and hold your finger on the actual unit in the upper field of battle, then you'll see the option.

Also,

Or you can just target a mob enemy with the phoenix down.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Pelican Dunderhead posted:

Or you can just target a mob enemy with the phoenix down.

:saddowns: Yeah that's probably the smart thing to do...

hagie
Apr 6, 2004

All sensitivity has long ago atrophied
With a muscle belt and a truckload of SPR Lenna still gets knocked down to 450 health after turn 1, with barthundara and barfira up, plus cheer and no more shiva/siren equipped (carbuncle currently). May give it one last go with her attached to Ramuh or Ifrit. I have a feeling whoever is swapped is going to end up in the same boat, but not certain why. Considering giving her the Survival Edge, but I am not seeing dramatic changes and I'm sacrificing something like +38SPR...

I'm also noticing, to get these knuckles my limit generation has been very slow. Often only Rain has enough to complete the task but everyone is hacked down entirely before being able to use it. All of my Lightning companions have gone to Noctis, which the damage is nice, but I need more of those limit ruby drops.

Charlotte is doing great for the average situation, but a bit weak in the damage realm so I am considering a backup for those situations. I don't have a Cecil, but I can take Amarant (eh), Galuf (not certain about), and Leo.

Also I need some more standard physical damage along side CoD, so on hand I am looking at Firion, Mercedez, or Xiao.

I think I have magic in the bag with 1 maxed Exdeath, 2 Exdeaths cooking, bondage bunny almost maxed, Tellah and Shanotto waiting in the wings and Arc also nearing completion.

Pulled a Kefka this morning on the freebie so not everything is sucking terribly.

Twisted Eye
Jan 6, 2011
So what is the theorycrafted highest possible ATK or MAG in the game right now? Has anyone, Japan or otherwise, cracked 1,000 for either?

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

PaybackJack posted:

If only I had a few Vanilles to complete him...

I wish this game had more cool builds like this.

I am jealous. My exdeath will just have three or four MAG+30%'s until I get dual wield and slap that on him.

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008

Twisted Eye posted:

So what is the theorycrafted highest possible ATK or MAG in the game right now? Has anyone, Japan or otherwise, cracked 1,000 for either?

New Eileen in JP broke 1500 I think. Maybe a little less.

Edit: Yun in Global can hit 932 with 2x Kaiser Knuckles, Black Cowl, his TM clothes, 2x Champion's Belt, Dual-Wield, Power of Creation, & 2x Lunge Combos.

AegisP fucked around with this message at 00:42 on Jan 31, 2017

Fiss
Jul 20, 2009

ELT Solo

Noctis+blood sword OP. Too bad I don't think it would help anyone having trouble with the event since if anyone on the team dies he will start using bloodlust to boost his attack and magic. The boosted attack and magic would out damage the ability to heal with drainer and keep up debuffs.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Fiss posted:

ELT Solo

Noctis+blood sword OP. Too bad I don't think it would help anyone having trouble with the event since if anyone on the team dies he will start using bloodlust to boost his attack and magic. The boosted attack and magic would out damage the ability to heal with drainer and keep up debuffs.

Kill everyone other than Noctis in a random encounter before the boss, or does the Nian Beast still buff itself if there are corpses when the fight starts?

dangerous.hotdog
Feb 29, 2008
JP dude with an Exceed ring: http://imgur.com/9vX1qGL

https://www.reddit.com/r/FFBraveExvius/comments/5r5f4r/the_one_ring_to_rule_them_all/

edit: Probably injected based on rank? :shrug:

edit2: I'm a loving idiot and didn't realize the rank is the screenshotter's rank and the ring is a guy on his FL. Still, could be injected I guess.

dangerous.hotdog fucked around with this message at 04:17 on Jan 31, 2017

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

They say in that topic the guy with it is only like rank 79 or something though. So probably injected.

Fiss
Jul 20, 2009

Evil Fluffy posted:

Kill everyone other than Noctis in a random encounter before the boss, or does the Nian Beast still buff itself if there are corpses when the fight starts?

It's the single battle one not the exploration. Still though I'm pretty sure that he uses blood lust every turn when someone is dead. Tried dispelling it once when messing around and he just recast it every turn. Not sure if he stops using blood lust when everyone is revived but I assume so.

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008
It would appear that Ling's MP total is bugged, and she's receiving +60% MP passively instead of the stated +20% MP. The reddit thread on the matter has a guy whose Ling, naked of all equipment, materia, and Esper, has 435 MP, which would coincide exactly with a fully stat potted Ling with +60% to MP. My own Ling's MP seems to bear this out, as it's similarly inflated.

Current theory is that Trained Assassin is giving +40% MP instead of crit, since that's an obvious culprit.

Pokemaster #421
Jul 14, 2005

For a swift one at the wrist, down on the old main drag.
Dropped 4 tickets hoping to get super lucky and get a ling since she looks like a drat fine support unit. Pulled 2 gold crystals in a row. kryle and then Leo. Decided on one more and got another gold crystal and finally got her. I've never ever ever pulled back to back to back gold crystals. Almost tempted to dip heavily into my ticket stash to see if I can get me a chocobro but that's prob pushing my luck and I don't have a whole lot of tickets anyway so I think I'll just be happy with what I got.

Ling seems like a pretty decent support unit though yeah? Looking through her abilities I think she would be a pretty good permanent addition to the team, just not sure who to knock off. Currently running noctis Refia exdeath chiz and either cod Cecil or a 2nd exdeath. Thinking I'll drop one of those dudes, at least until WoL gets his 6 star upgrade and run with noctis chiz ex Refia and her. Any thoughts?

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

Zidane number 3 from my free roll, another Xiao for my half off. I like getting zidanes.

EDIT: :eyepop: and then I got a refia from a ticket! Man, and after I spent so many cactuar leveling up Luka because I resigned myself to never getting one.

Nuebot fucked around with this message at 10:53 on Jan 31, 2017

m.hache
Dec 1, 2004

Fun Shoe
So the game won't let me fuse my two Trey's into each other. They don't even show up as an option.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

m.hache posted:

So the game won't let me fuse my two Trey's into each other. They don't even show up as an option.

Go to the normal view units screen and check to see if you put the lock on them.

Palleon
Aug 11, 2003

I've got a hot deal on a bridge to the Pegasus Galaxy!
Grimey Drawer

Cartoon Man posted:

Go to the normal view units screen and check to see if you put the lock on them.

You also can't fuse if they're in a party even if unlocked.

hagie
Apr 6, 2004

All sensitivity has long ago atrophied
I ended up getting a Jack this morning. Hopefully at some point his King Mog ability becomes available again.

m.hache
Dec 1, 2004

Fun Shoe

Palleon posted:

You also can't fuse if they're in a party even if unlocked.

Totally forgot about that. I had them in a farming party that I haven't used in weeks.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

Well well well

Cry Havoc
May 10, 2004

This cyberpunk cartoon avatar is pretty dang ol' good, I tell you what.
just give us orlandu already gumi

Teketeketeketeke
Mar 11, 2007

"no limit burst" on nian exploration PRO is broken...
Thanks Gumi.

Also, finally got my Galuf TM reward from smushing the fuckers together since launch!!

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Imagine how much more sad and lonely we would be if not for the hard work of lowtax. Here's $12.95 to his aid.
They stated that they're looking into ways to use 100% TM units that you have no use for any longer, free little moog or ticket or something. Wish I waited until the stream to make space.

Go RV!
Jun 19, 2008

Uglier on the inside.

MrLonghair posted:

They stated that they're looking into ways to use 100% TM units that you have no use for any longer, free little moog or ticket or something. Wish I waited until the stream to make space.

So Japan will have it in 4 months, and we'll have it in a year.

You've got time to get more.

McSpankWich
Aug 31, 2005

Plum Island Animal Disease Research Center. Sounds charming.

Teketeketeketeke posted:

"no limit burst" on nian exploration PRO is broken...
Thanks Gumi.

Also, finally got my Galuf TM reward from smushing the fuckers together since launch!!

It's not broken? I just got it...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Sorry hoarders, better skip Orlandu and wait for this...

• Locked thread