Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

MisterBibs posted:

I've never been at a crackhouse, so you're mistaken.

What? No, I was just pointing out the inherent insanity in trying to equate letting kids take pictures of themselves in places with turning those same places into strip clubs. Like I said, in the absence of a valid counter-argument, nonsense is proposed (the whole "add strippers to the museums" thing).

I made that suggestion with the strip club in response to your dumb-rear end suggestion that people be lured into places like holocaust memorials with games and pretzels because their physical presence there will somehow make them care.

You dumb motherfucker.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!
YOUSA THINKIN THEESA PEOPLE GONNA DIE ANNIE

Dissapointed Owl
Jan 30, 2008

You wrote me a letter,
and this is how it went:

gently caress Whitey posted:

I know this forum has a rule against telling people to kill themselves but Bibs isn't a person so I don't think that should apply, anyone second the motion?

What is your problem

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Probably mr bibbs.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Also I managed to snag the last mondo vinyl of Fire Walk With Me, despite it being a huge wast of money because I don't or know anyone with a record player.

That being said it's neat as hell and I don't mind because the soundtrack is incredible.

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...

Dissapointed Owl posted:

What is your problem

I think it's some sort of chemical imbalance

Carly Gay Dead Son
Aug 27, 2007

Bonus.
I played the Labyrinth soundtrack in my restaurant and there was no one there to stop me. It was glourious.

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe

Grendels Dad posted:

I made that suggestion with the strip club in response to your dumb-rear end suggestion that people be lured into places like holocaust memorials with games and pretzels because their physical presence there will somehow make them care.

You dumb motherfucker.

No, I got that. You had no reasonable counter-argument that selfies/Pokemans are a decent/harmless enticement to get younger people to attend such places, but despite that you still think it's a a dumb-rear end suggestion. So it was either admit that your belief that it was a dumb-rear end suggestion is wrong and admit that I'm right, or go hyberbolic.

Strippers in such museums? Not cool, innapropriate, ill taste. Kids taking pictures of themselves, provided its not jump-on-the-jews style stuff? Utterly harmless, slight benefit because the people are there, as opposed to not there. It ain't exactly rocket science.

MisterBibs fucked around with this message at 23:58 on Jan 29, 2017

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

MisterBibs posted:

No, I got that. You had no reasonable counter-argument that selfies/Pokemans are a decent/harmless enticement to get younger people to attend such places, but despite that you still think it's a a dumb-rear end suggestion. So it was either admit that your belief that it was a dumb-rear end suggestion is wrong and admit that I'm right, or go hyberbolic.

Strippers in such museums? Not cool, innapropriate, ill taste. Kids taking pictures of themselves, provided its not jump-on-the-jews style stuff? Utterly harmless, slight benefit because the people are there, as opposed to not there. It ain't exactly rocket science.

its offensive and disrespectful you loving retard

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

MisterBibs posted:

"Enticement" suggests that they'll do anything at all at that site besides doing what they came there to do. In my experience, which I have since I too work with kids, they wont. What do you suggest is the thing they are enticed to do? You claim to speak from experience so please do tell, what are these kids getting out of the experience that letting them take selfies at Auschwitz is "a price worth paying"? Because so far a big part of the reason why nobody wants to argue with you is that you make this nebulous assumption that they get something out of it and never ever back it up. They are there instead of not there, and this is good because ???.

Magic Hate Ball
May 6, 2007

ha ha ha!
you've already paid for this
Don't tell people to kill themselves and don't call people retards.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Look guys I know you were having fun at first but trust me, MisterBibs is a stubborn individual and you will not convince him he's wrong on this one. I suggest giving up before everyone gets real aggravated.

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

CopywrightMMXI posted:

I preferred The Visit to Split, but Split was still good. I'm enjoying Shyamalan's resurgence.

Don't call it a comeback

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Lurdiak posted:

Look guys I know you were having fun at first but trust me, MisterBibs is a stubborn individual and you will not convince him he's wrong on this one. I suggest giving up before everyone gets real aggravated.

Sound advice. To cool myself down Imma listen to some music. I gave my brother tickets to Kreator/Sepultura/Soilwork for Christmas and I'm not at all familiar with two of them, gotta brush up on my metal knowledge since I will tag along.

Spatulater bro!
Aug 19, 2003

Punch! Punch! Punch!

corn in the bible posted:

its offensive and disrespectful you loving retard

This thread is a loving cesspool.

Egbert Souse
Nov 6, 2008

Geez, if we're going to tell anyone to off themselves, it needs to be the Nazis right now.

Also, Trump hosted a screening of Finding Dory today.

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

X-Ray Pecs posted:

I think I hosed your girlfriend once. Maybe twice, I don't remember. Then I hosed all your friends' girlfriends, now they hate you.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer

Lurdiak posted:

This was really my point when I just gave up on arguing this

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

:perfect:

X-Ray Pecs
May 11, 2008

New York
Ice Cream
TV
Travel
~Good Times~
Point:

Spatulater bro! posted:

This thread is a loving cesspool.

Counterpoint:

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Can't wait for the inevitable Coffe & Pie post about the girl finding this thread and reading his posts about her.

Hat Thoughts
Jul 27, 2012
Top of the list baby CineD is making progress in this world

Egbert Souse
Nov 6, 2008

Hat Thoughts posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MYcqToQzzGY

Samuel Clemens
Oct 4, 2013

I think we should call the Avengers.

Hat Thoughts posted:

I'm all but certain lowtax is changing the forums' order to specifically mess with me personally.

Slugworth
Feb 18, 2001

If two grown men can't make a pervert happy for a few minutes in order to watch a film about zombies, then maybe we should all just move to Iran!

Budgie Jumping posted:

Please don't listen to Dickeye when he says to kill yourself, Misterbibs. You're an ignoramus but you're an important part of our little family here. You're like our 10 year-old chihuahua that shits everywhere and has a skin condition and smells bad and studied finance at community college for a semester. In fact I think that might be exactly what you are. But we love you just the same.
I miss Sundowner

CPL593H posted:

Is it weird that I feel like this whole place would be different if we didn't constantly have one really lovely person for everyone to dog pile on for saying stupid poo poo every once in a while?
I miss Sundowner

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v0itmG80oLI

Biodome
Nov 21, 2006

Gerry
Poorer taste than Snapchat at a holocaust museum.

Looks good, though.

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

I know what you did last summer, and frankly I am displeased.

CelticPredator posted:

Also I managed to snag the last mondo vinyl of Fire Walk With Me, despite it being a huge wast of money because I don't or know anyone with a record player.

That being said it's neat as hell and I don't mind because the soundtrack is incredible.

It's like scientists got together in a lab and spend weeks trying to figure out which combination of words would infuriate me the most.

You just saved this thread.

Slugworth posted:

I miss Sundowner

I miss Sundowner

I forget what his particular brand of stupid was.

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

Grendels Dad posted:

Sound advice. To cool myself down Imma listen to some music. I gave my brother tickets to Kreator/Sepultura/Soilwork for Christmas and I'm not at all familiar with two of them, gotta brush up on my metal knowledge since I will tag along.

Sepultura is maybe the best thrash band of all time. Coincidentally, I just saw a grindcore band fronted by a 67 year old woman cover this song.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ksrDMoWP6cU

MisterBibs posted:

So do I. Recently got a bonus for - wait for it - making events/field trips more exciting for the kids.

I'm gonna have to ask you to stop playing Pokémon go at the holocaust museum.

Death By The Blues
Oct 30, 2011
He talked a bunch about himself but he was coooooooooool.

So how is everyones love life?

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...

Death By The Blues posted:

He talked a bunch about himself but he was coooooooooool.

Nice try SUNDOWNER

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

Sundowner was bit too prone to getting defensive over perceived insults on the internet but otherwise he was an alright dude.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴

Death By The Blues posted:

So how is everyones love life?

My wife is having a baby in 5 days so close to nonexistent.

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...

Baron von Eevl posted:

My wife is having a baby in 5 days so close to nonexistent.

My wife had one 1429 days ago so same

Lil Mama Im Sorry
Oct 14, 2012

I'M BACK AND I'M SCARIN' WHITE FOLKS

FreudianSlippers posted:

Sundowner was bit too prone to getting defensive over perceived insults on the internet but otherwise he was an alright dude.

I thought his admiration of everything YEEZY was endearing.

Just recorded the first episode of the podcast. I have some doubts about how it went. I don't think we prepared enough cause we pretty much just winged the whole thing. Hopefully tho, in editing it I'll be able to see what works and what doesn't and the next episode will be a lot better.

Slugworth
Feb 18, 2001

If two grown men can't make a pervert happy for a few minutes in order to watch a film about zombies, then maybe we should all just move to Iran!

CPL593H posted:

I forget what his particular brand of stupid was.
Asking for advice on real meaningless stuff, not listening to said advice, eventually getting angry about the whole thing, but then spending like 2 pages saying he wasn't angry.

That being said, I'm not joking when I say I miss him. Good guy, enthusiastic about film, just, you know, really insistent on the fact that he really wasn't upset.

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

Lil Mama Im Sorry posted:

I thought his admiration of everything YEEZY was endearing.

Just recorded the first episode of the podcast. I have some doubts about how it went. I don't think we prepared enough cause we pretty much just winged the whole thing. Hopefully tho, in editing it I'll be able to see what works and what doesn't and the next episode will be a lot better.

Hey do you have that picture you posted of Vincent Price with a book about LSD handy? I'm pretty sure it was you that posted it.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

I am extremely mad about this Mosque shooting.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

CPL593H posted:

It's like scientists got together in a lab and spend weeks trying to figure out which combination of words would infuriate me the most.

????

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

You were so scary at night.

Lurdiak posted:

I am extremely mad about this Mosque shooting.

I'm livid, was literally shaking with rage when I read about it.

• Locked thread