Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
this

is cute as heck

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Yes_Cantaloupe posted:

this

is cute as heck

Yeah, Katanagatari is great.

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012

The Black Stones posted:

I haven't read it the VN's but Steins;Gate is the only good anime. Since White Fox is coming back for 0 as well, that will be good too probably. Otherwise just toss the other ";" series stuff in the trash.

Do go and play it if you can. There's a bunch of stuff that you don't see, including one section which was totally rewritten for the anime because the original was kinda :stonk:, but not outright bad, and another whole section that was totally cut.

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.

a kitten posted:

Yeah, Katanagatari is great.

are you making a funny at him or is there more Katanagatari somehow or is that from the original 12 episodes and i somehow forgot

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
The latest episode of Kamakura bicycles is kinda dull.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
It's the funny one. Togame has Shichika wrap himself in her hair to familiarize himself with her.

It's also cute as heck.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

are you making a funny at him or is there more Katanagatari somehow or is that from the original 12 episodes and i somehow forgot

Togame wraps her long, white hair around Shichika in a way that's very similar to that. I don't actually even know what show that is, but I'm kinda curious and hope someone tells me.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
Urara Meirochou

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Oh so it is, i watched one episode and then promptly forgot about it.

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

EDIT - Never mind, wrong topic

Triggerhappypilot
Nov 8, 2009

SVMS-01 UNION FLAG GREATEST MOBILE SUIT

ENACT = CHEAP EUROTRASH COPY

So it looks like Delta was so disappointing that we're finally gonna get more than one Macross series per decade.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

I'm glad of getting another chance so soon, but also wary.

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.

Srice posted:

I'm glad of getting another chance so soon, but also wary.

:same:

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

You know in your heart, the real reason for this is probably because idols and idol merchandise is hotter than ever, so it just makes monetary sense.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Good

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Julias posted:

You know in your heart, the real reason for this is probably because idols and idol merchandise is hotter than ever, so it just makes monetary sense.

Frontier sold very well, both its merch and its music, but after the two movies they were dead silent until Delta.

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
Oh no doubt Macross has been a successful series. I was just implying, especially with the success of series like Idolm@ster and Love Live, not to mention several other anime/mixed media series trying to get in on idol merch, I wouldn't be surprised at all if the reason we're getting a new series so soon is because they feel like they have an economically viable niche (the usual affair of Mechas mixed with Idols) in an idol-saturated market that works, and it probably made them a ton of money off of Delta. All I know is, if I was an executive at one of these production studios/committees, I'd probably push for a new Macross series asap, since that's just a licence to print money at the moment.

Parallax
Jan 14, 2006

maybe it won't even have idols

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Parallax posted:

maybe it won't even have idols

I miss when they'd vary the music with each iteration.

I'll accept the compromise of, idols that sing something besides pop.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I mean that was only because there was like a decade between each one and what was popular changed.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Sakurazuka posted:

I mean that was only because there was like a decade between each one and what was popular changed.

Yeah and it was good! Less than a decade tho since even the OVAs they'd put out had different kinds of music.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
I do kind of miss when it was a big deal a new Macross was coming along, since it was a relatively infrequently updated series.

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RDKVzjB2Lrk

superpower teens

darkgray
Dec 20, 2005

My best pose facing the morning sun!

Davincie posted:

superpower teens

I didn't like the first book much and gave up, but maybe it gets better. The author has another series I really enjoyed, about people stuck on an island ruled by a witch (?). Wish they'd animate that one instead.

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012

I like the music and presentation at least.

Parallax
Jan 14, 2006

give me hip hop macross

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord

Kobayashi has a cute blanket

:stwoon: gosh this show is pretty

I'm a little disappointed that Seiren seems to be finished with Tsuneki already, like I thought we were going to get at least a little time with them actually being together

https://files.catbox.moe/rr8qij.webm

:3:

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

MaiDragon really does look great. I know it shouldn't be a surprise with KyoAni, but I still find myself being impressed with how much some slight tweaks to the character drawings + the painterly color palette and gorgeous background work have improved on the original material.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

delta had a lot of problems, but being about idols was the one good part of it

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
i'm fine with the new macross being about literally anything as long as the character stuff is good and it doesn't fall off a cliff this time

Parallax
Jan 14, 2006

give me a macross with a love rectangle

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Nowhere to go but up after Delta.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
a love rectangle where every character is isamu

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.

Parallax posted:

give me a macross with a love rectangle

That'd be a start.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Nate RFB posted:

Nowhere to go but up after Delta.
delta was still better than 7

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord
Demi-chan continues to be very cute and charming and the two teachers are very good. I hope they go on a date

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Endorph posted:

delta was still better than 7

hmm. I disagree.

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
Nichijou is getting released on Blu-ray and DVD February 7, 2017 by Funimation. It will be Subs. https://www.funimation.com/shop/home-video/nichijou-the-complete-series-170/

dublish
Oct 31, 2011

Julias posted:

Nichijou is getting released on Blu-ray and DVD February 7, 2017 by Funimation. It will be Subs. https://www.funimation.com/shop/home-video/nichijou-the-complete-series-170/

2017 will be the year that saved anime.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

C.M. Kruger
Oct 28, 2013
Nuclear winter may chill our bones, but Nichijou will warm our hearts.

• Locked thread