Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stex T
Mar 7, 2005

Shut the fuck up and get out. Have fun being a slave of the rich and powerful.

Felix_Cat
Sep 15, 2008
Alas New Zealand is most definitely not immune to the sovereign citizen scourge. Cops turn up with a warrant for someone's arrest and the dude's son goes nuts, videos everything and it gets posted on Facebook, cue a ton of people telling him he's an idiot. I'll let the video speak for itself but here are some quotes I liked:

:) We don't consent to this!
:cop: You don't have to.

:) Can you lay charges on a man?
:cop: Yup.
:) You can?

:cop: Get out of the road!
:) What are you assaulting me for?
:cop: Cos you're in the route of the car you'll be run over.

snergle
Aug 3, 2013

A kind little mouse!

but ska sucks?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-MkRuV0aCcI

I wanted to post the video of a few years when the lead singer of the dropkick murphies beat the poo poo out of a nazi but i can't find a workable video

snergle has a new favorite as of 04:31 on Jan 30, 2017

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

We already - What about sticking our middle fingers up... That was insane
Fun Shoe

snergle posted:

but ska sucks?

I wanted to post the video of a few years when the lead singer of the dropkick murphies beat the poo poo out of a nazi but i can't find a workable video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yVTbXRhDlcw

Serephina
Nov 8, 2005

恐竜戦隊
ジュウレンジャー

Felix_Cat posted:

Alas New Zealand is most definitely not immune to the sovereign citizen scourge. Cops turn up with a warrant for someone's arrest and the dude's son goes nuts, videos everything and it gets posted on Facebook, cue a ton of people telling him he's an idiot. I'll let the video speak for itself but here are some quotes I liked:

Every time I hear someone say on the internet that 'cops are not your friends, only naive young middle class white people think that', I have to remind myself that they're probably talking about US cops. Every bloody time a NZ cop ends up in the news/video they always have the restraint of a saint, which I'm kinda proud of.

edit: Obligatory https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gpd9AtjWHTg

Bushmaori
Mar 8, 2009

Felix_Cat posted:

I have a family member in the police and she says that sovereign citizen crap actually happens quite a lot in NZ.

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost

Bushmaori posted:

I have a family member in the police and she says that sovereign citizen crap actually happens quite a lot in NZ.

Oh, it does. It's just that New Zealand doesn't have the Federalist Papers or an official Constitution for those fuckers to retreat to. And the law, as noted above, is pretty fuckin' clear about rights and where yours end regarding the police.

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

I want to hear about sovereign citizens in a country that isn't even common law based. Like, are there Chinese sovcits?

Moon Slayer
Jun 19, 2007

The Moon Monster posted:

I want to hear about sovereign citizens in a country that isn't even common law based. Like, are there Chinese sovcits?

They probably don't last long in the work camps.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin
Yeah sovcits seem to be a unique thing to countries where the rule of law generally holds sway. You wouldn't get any sovereign citizen crap in sub Saharan Africa because instead of taking you to court or fining you the police would just shoot you and take your stuff.

Circuitjerky
Mar 17, 2006

Memento posted:

Yeah sovcits seem to be a unique thing to countries where the rule of law generally holds sway. You wouldn't get any sovereign citizen crap in sub Saharan Africa because instead of taking you to court or fining you the police would just shoot you and take your stuff.

I think they're just called rebels down there. And I think there might be a lot of them.

Railing Kill
Nov 14, 2008

You are the first crack in the sheer face of god. From you it will spread.

snergle posted:

but ska sucks?

Henry Rollins used to jump into the pit to fight skinheads that tried to start fights at Black Flag shows. I guess he gave them what they wanted, in the worst way possible.

Thank you so much for this. Holy poo poo, I'm dying over here.

I guess I can thank Donald Trump for making late 70's/early 80's punk relevant again.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

The Moon Monster posted:

They're just another source of organ donors I think.

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

:kimchi: Tater Love :kimchi:

Memento posted:

Boy do I have news for you about American cops.

Marius Pontmercy
Apr 2, 2007

Liberte
Egalite
Beyonce

zakharov posted:

Boy do I have news for you about American cops.

Well, there's a reason most of the sovcit videos are white dudes.

Purno
Aug 6, 2008

ekuNNN posted:

Story:
During a football game between Fenerbahçe and Trabzonspor in the Turkish football league, Trabzonspor player Zokora tackles Fenerbahçe player Emre and gets a yellow card for it. This would have been nothing special, but after getting up, Emre calls Zokora a “loving friend of the family”. So, at the next game between Trabzonspor and Fenerbahçe, Zokora and his team mates do their best to kick racism out of football, and out of Emre.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p-m0TC_rtm0

and that's not the end of it because this happened some time in the following season when they met again:

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER
The fact that the rest of the world takes these preening babies seriously is just wrong.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Eponine posted:

Well, there's a reason most of the sovcit videos are white dudes.

Is it inbreeding?

ekuNNN
Nov 27, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

VanSandman posted:

The fact that the rest of the world takes these preening babies seriously is just wrong.

Have you been kicked in the chest by a football player running at full speed before? :raise: Seems like it might hurt actually.

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

We already - What about sticking our middle fingers up... That was insane
Fun Shoe

Railing Kill posted:

Henry Rollins used to jump into the pit to fight skinheads that tried to start fights at Black Flag shows. I guess he gave them what they wanted, in the worst way possible.

Thank you so much for this. Holy poo poo, I'm dying over here.

I guess I can thank Donald Trump for making late 70's/early 80's punk relevant again.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qz8IdWNv9oo

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

VanSandman posted:

It's part of the game

It's like professional wrestling, the game is so boring that it needs drama and it's all fake anyways

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Fried Watermelon posted:

It's part of the game

It's like professional wrestling, the game is so boring that it needs drama and it's all fake anyways

Soccer would be better if the players got to enter the field like pro wrestlers.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y4SYY41kVqc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uMRzJK80KSA

Sulla Faex
May 14, 2010

No man ever did me so much good, or enemy so much harm, but I repaid him with ENDLESS SHITPOSTING

Purno posted:

and that's not the end of it because this happened some time in the following season when they met again:

And then from Wikipedia:

On the 17 June 2014, Emre was sentenced to a two-and-a-half-month suspended prison sentence as a result of the slur aimed at Zokora, with the crime constituted as an insult crime. He is the first Turkish footballer to be sentenced for racism.[25]

maswastaken
Nov 12, 2011

Why, that's only two years later!

Ak Gara
Jul 29, 2005

That's just the way he rolls.

The Moon Monster posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fOj0dkl8MMA
I don't speak Russian but I think it's along the lines of this:

:cop: Good evening, please wind down your window so I may enquire about your traffic violation.
:v: Hmm, I don't think I will. For you see, I am a freeman of the land!
:cop: Oh! Well. Let's talk this over like rational people.

At least, I think that's what is being said.

Beeswax
Dec 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer
Football players are the biggest wimps in the world, but getting hit full on in the chest one of these does in fact hurt:

Phanatic
Mar 13, 2007

Please don't forget that I am an extremely racist idiot who also has terrible opinions about the Culture series.

Railing Kill posted:

Rollins would just loving punch people, no skinhead necessary.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-uQB4pyTrmc

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

"Carbons? Purge? What are you talking about?!"

Enos Cabell posted:

It's a soccer player, he'd fall like that from tripping over a single blade of grass half an inch too tall.

I totally understand flopping in soccer but there is no way to really fake getting kicked so hard that you change directions in midair and do a flip, dude. That guy's got big ol' gonad pancakes flapping around between his legs now.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Phanatic posted:

Rollins would just loving punch people, no skinhead necessary.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-uQB4pyTrmc

It's okay, the feeling was mutual :v:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JH4MJlNnRso

Beeswax
Dec 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer

food court bailiff posted:

I totally understand flopping in soccer but there is no way to really fake getting kicked so hard that you change directions in midair and do a flip, dude. That guy's got big ol' gonad pancakes flapping around between his legs now.

My man, have you heard about this thing called Pro Wrestling?

Lechtansi
Mar 23, 2004

Item Get

Beeswax posted:

Yeah, but pro wrestlers spend all their time learning to fake their moves.

Oh, never mind.

Phanatic
Mar 13, 2007

Please don't forget that I am an extremely racist idiot who also has terrible opinions about the Culture series.
Noted anti-Dickwolf, anti-gamergater Wil Wheaton recently tweeted something that...strikes me as patently inoffensive:

https://twitter.com/wilw/status/825058497662365697

Who could take offense to that?

A whole bunch of people!

First, this happened:

Then Wil had the temerity to respond:

Which set off the shitstorm.

Donate money! STFU!

SJWs devouring their own is entertaining as hell.

Unrelated freude: Furries continue to be a sick, sick subculture.

http://philadelphia.cbslocal.com/2017/01/29/bucks-county-authorities-make-arrest-in-fetish-themed-child-predator-sex-ring/

quote:

Authorities in Bucks County make an arrest in a fetish-themed child predator sex ring they say was going on for the better part of a decade.

Pennsylvania Attorney General Josh Shapiro said for the last seven years at least four men sexually abused a young boy at sex parties where the men would dress up like different animals.

Shapiro adds that this is an ongoing investigation and they believe this child abuse sex ring involves more victims and more predators, and anyone with any information should come forward.

Slime
Jan 3, 2007
if people read people calling trump an unstable nutjob as "what a goof, you just can't predict him" like he's the wacky uncle in some sitcom then holy poo poo they are idiots

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Phanatic posted:

SJWs devouring their own is entertaining as hell.

This is why evil always wins.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

ekuNNN posted:

Have you been kicked in the chest by a football player running at full speed before? :raise: Seems like it might hurt actually.

I don't know how to break this to you but Football- or, as some call it, Soccer- is fake. Look close, you can see the wires on that dude.

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

"Carbons? Purge? What are you talking about?!"

Beeswax posted:

hmmm yeah, play fighting soap operas, that's definitely the same context of a professional athlete with an actual grudge trying to gently caress his opponent up. Again, soccer players flop all the time, that doesn't mean they can't actually get hurt. A dude running that fast, getting kicked in the groin in midair and flipping out of it, is going to hurt like a motherfucker.

Even leaving aside how stupid this is, good god wouldn't that be the most vile-tasting marshmallow ever?!

LifeLynx
Feb 27, 2001

Dang so this is like looking over his shoulder in real-time
Grimey Drawer
I read that Will Wheaton tweet thread thrice and I still don't know what they're arguing about. "I didn't vote for him and he doesn't reflect my values" is a bad thing to say... because why? It doesn't go far enough? It doesn't matter because he's white?

china bot
Sep 7, 2014

you listen HERE pal
SAY GOODBYE TO TELEPHONE SEX
Plaster Town Cop

BJPaskoff posted:

I read that Will Wheaton tweet thread thrice and I still don't know what they're arguing about. "I didn't vote for him and he doesn't reflect my values" is a bad thing to say... because why? It doesn't go far enough? It doesn't matter because he's white?

the key subtext: education has failed everyone

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

U.T. Raptor
May 11, 2010

Are you a pack of imbeciles!?

Slime posted:

if people read people calling trump an unstable nutjob as "what a goof, you just can't predict him" like he's the wacky uncle in some sitcom then holy poo poo they are idiots
Yeah, the ones going "oh, that wacky Trump, he won't really do (dumb/terrible thing he said he'd do)" were his supporters, not the people who voted against him.