Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

I've been playing this the last few days.

https://sites.google.com/site/zeldarandomizer/

It's a Zelda 1 randomizer with a ton of options. My favorite preset so far is Chaos mode. Zelda 1 with randomized dungeon layouts is the game of my dreams and I might just play random seeds of this until Breath of the Wild releases.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Does the randomizer regularly spit out unwinnable garbage or is it coded like Spelunky not to do that or what

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Augus posted:

Does the randomizer regularly spit out unwinnable garbage or is it coded like Spelunky not to do that or what

Most randomizers attempt to avoid unwinnable situations but none (including Spelunky!) are perfect.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Augus posted:

Both Chaos mode seeds I used were completable. There's a list of guarantees on the page that show how they try and ensure that each seed can be beaten.

E: https://sites.google.com/site/zeldarandomizer/guarantees

Evil Eagle fucked around with this message at 20:23 on Jan 25, 2017

Earnestly
Apr 24, 2010

Jazz hands!
I have a theory: BotW takes places in the time line where link, after opening the temple of time, took the triforce instead of the master sword. He then wished that Nintendo would stop remaking Ocarina of Time.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
"Congratulations, Hero of Time. I will now grant you one wish."

"I wish Zelda had really huge tits."

The Legend of Zelda: Breast of the Wild

PerrineClostermann
Dec 15, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Cojawfee posted:

10/10 i cryfap every time

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Cojawfee posted:

Well

Only registered members can see post attachments!

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Cojawfee posted:

Probably would be the best game.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

s.i.r.e. posted:

According to google they sell it at the Nintendo World Store in New York and... nowhere else. :smith:

maybe once the theme parks go upp

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Zelda: Breath of the Wild – Aonuma on how elements were placed on the map, physics engine shenanigans

Besides BotW stuff Aonuma also reveals he has never played any of the Dark Souls games, is friends with Ueda, and argues with Miyamoto about what the essence of Legend of Zelda is.

Keiya
Aug 22, 2009

Come with me if you want to not die.

Electric Phantasm posted:

Besides BotW stuff Aonuma also reveals he ... argues with Miyamoto about what the essence of Legend of Zelda is.

If they're respectful arguments this is a good thing. Having people force you to defend your positions can be quite enlightening.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Electric Phantasm posted:

Zelda: Breath of the Wild – Aonuma on how elements were placed on the map, physics engine shenanigans

Besides BotW stuff Aonuma also reveals he has never played any of the Dark Souls games, is friends with Ueda, and argues with Miyamoto about what the essence of Legend of Zelda is.

The parts in here about getting lost by just exploring the world...that is my jam.

Alec Eiffel
Sep 7, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Twilight Princess (Wii) - I'm attempting to locate all the hidden skills but there isn't a single howling stone I haven't examined, yet none make noise for me to listen to. I'm missing the last hidden skill. I'm about to go to the City in the Sky. What gives?

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
Which one are you missing?

http://www.zeldadungeon.net/Zelda11HowlingStones.php

Alec Eiffel
Sep 7, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
I'm missing the Great Spin Attack but I did the howling stone in the hidden village. I thought I missed the stone in Death Mountain but it isn't making noise for me to listen to. I've since checked them all. Maybe I'll go back to the village, but 100% without question I did that stone.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Alec Eiffel posted:

I'm missing the Great Spin Attack but I did the howling stone in the hidden village. I thought I missed the stone in Death Mountain but it isn't making noise for me to listen to. I've since checked them all. Maybe I'll go back to the village, but 100% without question I did that stone.
The wolf should be right in front of the castle barrier, inside the big doors. Is it not?

Alec Eiffel
Sep 7, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
I got that one. Because I missed a stone somewhere (apparently), that wolf did not give me the Great Spin Attack, but an earlier move. I'm not at home, but now I'm thinking I might have activated all the stones and forgotten a wolf somewhere. I mean, that's the only thing that makes sense because I definitely approached every stone yesterday.

Runcible Cat
May 28, 2007

Ignoring this post

Alec Eiffel posted:

I got that one. Because I missed a stone somewhere (apparently), that wolf did not give me the Great Spin Attack, but an earlier move. I'm not at home, but now I'm thinking I might have activated all the stones and forgotten a wolf somewhere. I mean, that's the only thing that makes sense because I definitely approached every stone yesterday.
They show up as gold on the map, so you should be able to spot it easily in that case.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Alec Eiffel posted:

One of the quality of life features I'd wish were included in more games would be in game quest listings of completed/collected items so you could see what/where you need to look. The bugs in TP were easy enough to come back to if you missed them but the Poe souls and a couple of the heart pieces were really hard to find. I've been playing the TP HD WiiU version and it improves a lot on the original but still I've been following a walk-through that works great for stopping after a certain number of dungeons to direct you where to collect all the new heart pieces/upgrades you can now obtain. Exploring and hunting the overworld in TP is not very fun, especially with the terrible horse controls, also that you don't even get the horse whistle till 90% through the game.

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!
God drat, I can't believe I'm going to be playing this game on my Switch in less than a month and a half

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler

Lemming posted:

God drat, I can't believe I'm going to be playing this game on my Switch in less than a month and a half

Same. But it's gonna be a few more days for me, I had to have it shipped to my older address because I moved 2 days before the announcement. Luckily, I know the people who are still living there and I'm gonna pay them to overnight ship it to me 1,500 miles away. Can't wait. Zelda!

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Lemming posted:

me neither because I'll be playing it on my Wii U in a month and a half

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin

ONE YEAR LATER posted:

Same. But it's gonna be a few more days for me, I had to have it shipped to my older address because I moved 2 days before the announcement. Luckily, I know the people who are still living there and I'm gonna pay them to overnight ship it to me 1,500 miles away. Can't wait. Zelda!

Can't you log in to where you ordered it from and change the address? I mean come on we live in the year 2017

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!

Augus posted:

me neither because I'll be playing it on my Wii U in a month and a half

Seems like a mistake. I'm going to start playing while I'm driving home from the store.

Instant Sunrise
Apr 12, 2007

The manger babies don't have feelings. You said it yourself.

Lemming posted:

Seems like a mistake. I'm going to start playing while I'm driving home from the store.

please don't switch and drive

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler

Hedrigall posted:

Can't you log in to where you ordered it from and change the address? I mean come on we live in the year 2017

We are currently living in a hotel and won't be in an actual house until after March 3rd so unless things change (they might) I'd rather it show up somewhere that I know people I trust will hold it.

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!

Instant Sunrise posted:

please don't switch and drive

It's cool, I'll put the screen in my GPS holder and hold the JoyCons and the steering wheel at the same time

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Yosuke will now die for you.

Lemming posted:

It's cool, I'll put the screen in my GPS holder and hold the JoyCons and the steering wheel at the same time

It's too dangerous to do two different types of activities at once. Please only do this with Mario Kart 8 Deluxe.

PerrineClostermann
Dec 15, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

DalaranJ posted:

It's too dangerous to do two different types of activities at once. Please only do this with Mario Kart 8 Deluxe.

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!

DalaranJ posted:

I'm using tilt controls!

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

http://mikatan.goodsmile.info/en/2017/01/30/nendoroid-link-breath-of-the-wild-ver-dx-edition-the-legend-of-zelda-breath-of-the-wild/

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Gonna get it and be cool.

Is anyone else easing off of Breath of the Wild news in anticipation of the game? I'm trying not to learn anything else about the game or get hyped any further because it's almost here and I'm just trying not to count the days.

Crawfish
Dec 11, 2012

There hasn't really been a whole lot of concrete news to spoil myself on.

I would very much like to know what these amiibo do before I put cash down for them.

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

Jonas Albrecht posted:

Is anyone else easing off of Breath of the Wild news in anticipation of the game? I'm trying not to learn anything else about the game or get hyped any further because it's almost here and I'm just trying not to count the days.

I've been easing off of all Switch news since getting all my pre orders done.

I already have WW Link and two Pokemon Nendoroids, I feel like getting any more of these is going to put me on that slippery slope people keep talking about.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Jonas Albrecht posted:

It seems like everything has died down at this point and I really hope there's nothing else shown except for recuts of footage we've already seen. I want to raw dog this game and my Switch the whole weekend.

Major Ryan
May 11, 2008

Completely blank

Jonas Albrecht posted:

I'm just finishing off OoT on the 3DS and then I'm done till it comes out. Gonna be difficult to not sneak a peak at one of the million different youtube videos out there though!

I've purposely skipping anything to do with shrines throughout, just because that seems like too much spoilage.

coffeecup
Feb 26, 2016
I'm also trying to avoid further info but I'm glad news has also been slow. The last thing I learned about was Link being George Washington's son. He discovers The Truth when he sees a statue of the president cradling some pointy-eared baby wearing a lobster shirt. Oops, sorry for ruining the surprise!

In all seriousness, I already feel like I know too much after the Jan 13th trailer and images of the master edition map (though I don't know what the hylian translations turned out to say). I know this is obviously a big assumption, but I wouldn't be surprised if the main story beats have been as accurately telegraphed as they seem. As a result, I welcome any weird turn of events like Ganon is actually a puppet controlled by King Blue Whale Zora.

Blah blah blah yeah I would still have a blast knowing all the spoilery details, I just also think it's fun to keep some mystery. Actually what I really want to know is what the game's equivalent herding notification will be for "GOAT IN"

coffeecup fucked around with this message at 21:36 on Jan 30, 2017

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

Did we ever get any indication of what the amiibo for BOTW do? I have a few link/zelda for the consumables and the Wolf for the buddy, but don't love any of the new ones.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Nephzinho posted:

Did we ever get any indication of what the amiibo for BOTW do? I have a few link/zelda for the consumables and the Wolf for the buddy, but don't love any of the new ones.

Nope, not yet anyway.