Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bush Did Outer Heaven
Jan 18, 2005

The Sweetest Payne
TJ McConnell not gettable because the Sixers are making a playoff run WHAT A TIME TO BE ALIVE

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations
Mavs start a player, Yogi Ferrell, on a 10 day contract in his first game as a Mav for the first time in franchise history. Beat the Spurs in San Antonio. The Spurs had control of the game, Matthews briefly went back to the locker room, Bogut left with an injury, and then Pop played David Lee too much. The Mavs took the lead and the Spurs were unable to recover. Seth Curry had his career high (and a double double pts/rbs), Yogi Ferrell hit dagger free throws with under 20 seconds left. In true 2017 Mavs :negative: fashion, Devin Harris was injured near the end of the game.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Seth Curry, Isaiah Thomas, it's a good thing the Kings don't have a rookie scale PG on their roster this year to repeat the mistake

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
This is what I get for making a positive post about the Spurs. Two game losing streak this how you do me?!?
Spurs suck y'all
I was literally mocking Marc Cuban, the city of Dallas, and Old Dirk last week
My apologies sir you are very good on "shark tank"

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Doltos posted:

It was probably a garbage rear end trade that the Cavs thought would be perfect to get them a backup point. Bet it had James Jones as part of the deal.

Please, Lebron will never let James Jones go.

Is that the Zipser foot? :barf:

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga

Doltos posted:

It was probably a garbage rear end trade that the Cavs thought would be perfect to get them a backup point. Bet it had James Jones as part of the deal.

Yeah, exactly. It's not like McConnell is untouchable or something. The Cavs have like nothing they can offer at this point that the Sixers would be interested in.

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.

How does something like this happen?

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

Libertine posted:

#ZipLife

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

This is pantsfreezone's mom's foot

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

Thought of a good "what if": If Cleveland offered LeBron for Embiid, do you think Philly would do it?

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene
Yes.

e: to elaborate, they have the cap space, he's got a year + a player option so he's got some time left, and with the way NBA trades are balanced these days I would say that if by some hypothetical miracle you get offered an MVP caliber player for only one young asset in return, you have to take that deal. Add Lebron to any team in the East and he can drag you to at least the conference finals, maybe the finals. I would do it in an instant. Would Philly do it? gently caress if I know, they're crazy over there.

Libertine posted:

Bunions baby.

CRISPYBABY fucked around with this message at 04:24 on Jan 30, 2017

big boi
Jun 11, 2007

Dejan Bimble posted:

Lol

tanglewood1420
Oct 28, 2010

The importance of this mission cannot be overemphasized

straight up brolic posted:

Thought of a good "what if": If Cleveland offered LeBron for Embiid, do you think Philly would do it?

Yes.

Lebron for Embiid
Butler for Sacramento's '17 1st (pick swap will happen in this scenario), the Lakers pick this year or next depending and Stauskas (and maybe some seconds or another future first, whatever it takes really).

McConnell
Butler
Lebron
Simmons
Noel

Bench: Henderson, Convington, Saric, Illyasova, Okafor

That would get you to the East finals at least. Maybe light on shooting, but you could sort that in free agency in the summer and package Okafor/Covington/Saric to get some help if you want to get more vets in considering you are now in win now mode.

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010

Dejan Bimble posted:

:classiclol:

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

Dejan Bimble posted:

Lmao jesus christ

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

tanglewood1420 posted:

Yes.

Lebron for Embiid
Butler for Sacramento's '17 1st (pick swap will happen in this scenario), the Lakers pick this year or next depending and Stauskas (and maybe some seconds or another future first, whatever it takes really).

McConnell
Butler
Lebron
Simmons
Noel

Bench: Henderson, Convington, Saric, Illyasova, Okafor

That would get you to the East finals at least. Maybe light on shooting, but you could sort that in free agency in the summer and package Okafor/Covington/Saric to get some help if you want to get more vets in considering you are now in win now mode.

I don't think that team beats the Warriors though. Getting to the East Finals is not really a huge accomplishment when you just trade for the guy who is the biggest obstacle in the East.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

well, it's clear after this win over Philly that Hoiberg has righted the ship and players are believing in him and his Offensive System, looking forward to the NBA finals

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Depends on what you think an aged Lebron James is going to play like. You also have to wonder if James can continue to avoid serious injuries as he gets older.

exempt
Dec 10, 2006

leftist heap posted:

Meyers Leonard released his own autobiographical/inspirational video/webstie... thing

http://egpdx.com/built-to-rise/

I haven't looked at it yet but it sure looks like something.

I'm from his hometown and this jabroni isn't even the most uplifting sports related story in the county.

Icy Penguigo
Nov 7, 2010

Trick question. Lebron has a full "no trade clause" and would veto the hell out of that trade (and then eject Dan Gilbert into the sun)

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

I like how, while this draymond green/all star discussion stuff was happening, he's been playing like dogshit. Here is his statline for the past 10 games!

.395 FGP .214 3PFGP 7.8 TRB 6.8AST 2.2 BLK

Average game score?

All star!

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Paul Zuvella posted:

I like how, while this draymond green/all star discussion stuff was happening, he's been playing like dogshit. Here is his statline for the past 10 games!

Average game score?

All star!

KAT's last ten games

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

Paul Zuvella posted:

Average game score?

All star!

I hate Draymond and that shooting sucks but the rest seems fine

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Going forward I project Embiid to win more mvps and titles compared to lebron so no I would not trade him for lebron.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Embiid : 2 mvps and 3 rings

Lebron : one more ring maybe as the star. He may be a super sub on another team when he's pushing 40 I guess.

zelah
Dec 1, 2004

Diabetes, you are not invited to my pizza party.
Do you think Lebron ever comes off the bench? I always figured that he'd just retire in a year or two before he declined to that point

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

As long as he can purposely run into people and get to shoot free throws he will always have a spot in the league.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

zelah posted:

Do you think Lebron ever comes off the bench? I always figured that he'd just retire in a year or two before he declined to that point

As player coach I think he would

For example Jordan brought himself off the bench sometimes when he was coaching the wizards.

Time
Aug 1, 2011

It Was All A Dream

RCarr posted:

As long as he can purposely run into people and get to shoot free throws he will always have a spot in the league.

lmao its like clockwork with you

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Time posted:

lmao its like clockwork with you

Someone's gotta fight the good fight.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

Paul Zuvella posted:

Average game score?

All star!

Except all-star decisions are not just based on a sample size, and most of the voting was done before that stretch even happened.

euphronius posted:

Going forward I project Embiid to win more mvps and titles compared to lebron so no I would not trade him for lebron.

Counterpoint: Greg Oden played 82 games before his body fell apart. Let's hit some milestones before projecting a career.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

No.

Mr. Mambold
Feb 13, 2011

Aha. Nice post.

euphronius posted:

As player coach I think he would

For example Jordan brought himself off the bench sometimes when he was coaching the wizards.

I don't think he's that invested. Isn't his son better than Jordan's? True GOAT-check genepool status.

edit. I don't know how those dots connected in my head, it's just 1st cuppa :coffee: time for me

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005

Lockback posted:

Counterpoint: Greg Oden played 82 games before his body fell apart. Let's hit some milestones before projecting a career.

Actually his body was falling apart throughout that 82 game sample

paternity suitor
Aug 2, 2016

Oden's body fell apart in his 40's, Embiid will be fine

paternity suitor
Aug 2, 2016

If anything, let Oden be a warning to teams: it's risky to draft middle age men posing as teenagers.

It worked out with Lebron but it's risky

Hashtag Banterzone
Dec 8, 2005

Lifetime Winner of the willkill4food Honorary Bad Posting Award in PWM
CJ McCollum says he would've skipped the 3pt contest to go on vacation, but his gf has a test so CJ reluctantly agreed to participate

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.
Paul George is cool and good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

I see my choice to watch the Royal Rumble and not the Raptors game was a good one. Getting mad at a fake sport is much less stressful.

• Locked thread