Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

It's always nice to be able to pretend racist shitheads only live in one part of your country.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Magic Hate Ball
May 6, 2007

ha ha ha!
you've already paid for this

Safety Factor posted:

That's not quite what I meant, but you are correct. I spent most of my weekends in the mountains as a result. :v: I was trying to say that the prejudice I heard and encountered up there was by no means limited to small towns and, in fact, a major city with tons of international citizens was rife with it. Given my own background, I don't know, I wasn't expecting it. Especially not with the usual polite reputation of Canada. I was fresh out of college and moved up there basically sight unseen to work on applying an environmental technology to the oil sands. It was an attempt at making them much cleaner to produce, but poor management kind of killed the project.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iRjurRdep_Q

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Coincidentally, I had watched all of Trailer Park Boys shortly before I accepted that job. Then I spent my first three months in Fort McMurray. :shepface:

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

There is approximately 1 top tweet talking about the victims of the mosque shooting to every 30 tweet spewing poo poo about liberal bias in the media and something call "Coulter's law".

It is VERY important to know if the attackers were muslim, but the fact that their victims were peaceful muslims doesn't mean anything.

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

Hacksaw Ridge is going to be compared to Saving Private Ryan, a lot, and for the wrong reasons. Hacksaw Ridge is a pretty solid piece of Christian Propaganda, basically. Enjoyable, but very overt in that way.

Also, the violence is extreme. Do not see this movie unless you're cool with gore.

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

I know what you did last summer, and frankly I am displeased.

Spatulater bro! posted:

Calling a record a vinyl is exceedingly common and accepted (although some purists will be annoyed at pluralizing "vinyl"). And buying records is more about the aesthetic of the product than the actual playback, at least for most people. Large artwork, big foldout sleeves, etc. I'd say you're right on the mark with "irrational".

I've been collecting records for years and I never heard anyone say "vinyls" until all the lovely bandwagon hoppers came along and drove all the loving prices of everything up. Also if you want to look at pretty pictures just buy a poster. It's a lot cheaper.

Get off my lawn you drat kids.

Criminal Minded posted:

I've always wanted to pick up the first four VU albums on vinyl and have them grouped together in a nice matte frame.

On the off chance you actually plan on listening to them get the mono box from Sundazed. They're analog remasters and they sound fantasic. The set consists of the first three albums, a four disc called 1969 which is a sort of approximation of that the "lost" fourth album was going to be, and a mono mix of Chelsea Girl by Nico if you're into that.

If you don't plan on actually listening to them: Burn in hell, scum.

CelticPredator posted:

That's what it says on the package

That's because it's from Mondo.

gently caress Mondo.

Lil Mama Im Sorry
Oct 14, 2012

I'M BACK AND I'M SCARIN' WHITE FOLKS

DeimosRising posted:

Hey do you have that picture you posted of Vincent Price with a book about LSD handy? I'm pretty sure it was you that posted it.

Pretty sure LSD25 was the CIA's formula, which is what guys like Burroughs first experimented with.

Death By The Blues posted:

Put me on an episode. Have a good USB Mic collecting dust.

Holding you to this

Egbert Souse
Nov 6, 2008

edit: nevermind, not giving that shitstain any more exposure

Egbert Souse fucked around with this message at 14:53 on Jan 30, 2017

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
Man, in defending against criticism for not mentioning three Jews in their Holocaust memorial statement, the Trump Administration pretty much just "all lives matter"ed the Holocaust.

I... I'm not sure I can make it through 4 years of this

X-Ray Pecs
May 11, 2008

New York
Ice Cream
TV
Travel
~Good Times~

glam rock hamhock posted:

Man, in defending against criticism for not mentioning three Jews in their Holocaust memorial statement, the Trump Administration pretty much just "all lives matter"ed the Holocaust.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FG4p5U0WI-8

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...

glam rock hamhock posted:

I think trump's gonna suffer a nervous breakdown well before then which means we'll have to look forward to dealing with another brand of poo poo known as mike pence

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
I wish there was a John Pilger boxset.

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...

Coaaab posted:

I think trump's gonna suffer a nervous breakdown well before then which means we'll have to look forward to dealing with another brand of poo poo known as mike pence

Nah the worst people always find a way to live through. He's gunna serve all 5 of his terms

Egbert Souse
Nov 6, 2008

It's times like these I wish "scanning" was real. :smith:

Fuck Whitey
Nov 9, 2016

by SA Support Robot
Hey Lil Mama I'm sure I missed this but what is your podcast about

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

CPL593H posted:

I've been collecting records for years and I never heard anyone say "vinyls" until all the lovely bandwagon hoppers came along and drove all the loving prices of everything up. Also if you want to look at pretty pictures just buy a poster. It's a lot cheaper.

Get off my lawn you drat kids.

That's because it's from Mondo.

gently caress Mondo.

Well you gotta forgive me because I have two records and the only other one I might get is the Alien one most likely during a screening because I can't stop buying dumb things.

It will look cool on my wall though.

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...
Mondo is cool they sold me a very nice Shaw Brothers shirt

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

That Alien shirt that they did for the double feature owns so much.

Slugworth
Feb 18, 2001

If two grown men can't make a pervert happy for a few minutes in order to watch a film about zombies, then maybe we should all just move to Iran!

CPL593H posted:

I don't know what time span you're talking, but 15 years ago when I was buying music on big black circles they were referred to as vinyl. Regional thing maybe? I stopped doing that poo poo though because gently caress having to flip a record over halfway through like some kind of animal.

For what it's worth, I get the annoyance at some of the crowd buying vinyl, but I'm guessing a lot of those criticisms don't apply to CP - He's not exactly a fountain of pretentiousness.

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

having to flip an album halfway through automatically makes it better. LPs and tapes are king.

double LPs can get annoying though, particularly if they're at 45 rpm.

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...

Slugworth posted:

I don't know what time span you're talking, but 15 years ago when I was buying music on big black circles they were referred to as vinyl. Regional thing maybe? I stopped doing that poo poo though because gently caress having to flip a record over halfway through like some kind of animal.

For what it's worth, I get the annoyance at some of the crowd buying vinyl, but I'm guessing a lot of those criticisms don't apply to CP - He's not exactly a fountain of pretentiousness.

I mean, he hates shorts...

Lil Mama Im Sorry
Oct 14, 2012

gently caress Whitey posted:

Hey Lil Mama I'm sure I missed this but what is your podcast about

it's basically just poo poo-talking sessions about stuff, idk. we're still in the process of developing a format but before we get there we just wanted to record something and then build from that. this episode was about The Secret but it inevitably led to discussion about current events because like everything in the history of the world that is lovely, it is relevant to the world of poo poo that we're in right now.

I wanna have a bunch of you on once we know what we're doing, it's still very rough right now. I'm gonna listen through the session tonight and decide then whether to suggest to my co-host that we rerecord it.

Lil Mama Im Sorry fucked around with this message at 16:40 on Jan 30, 2017

Lil Mama Im Sorry
Oct 14, 2012

Hey Boogey, how do you record your episodes? do you just Skype it and record with Audacity and combine the audiotracks later?

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"

Lil Mama Im Sorry posted:

Hey Boogey, how do you record your episodes? do you just Skype it and record with Audacity and combine the audiotracks later?

As someone who listens to a lot of podcasts, that's the general idea! You just have to clap or something to sync them

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

I use Reaper for recording & editing but yeah. I think my cohost records his parts in Audacity.

Coffee And Pie posted:

You just have to clap or something to sync them

yeah we do the 1-2-3-clap.

Slugworth
Feb 18, 2001

If two grown men can't make a pervert happy for a few minutes in order to watch a film about zombies, then maybe we should all just move to Iran!

FishBulb posted:

I mean, he hates shorts...
I meant CP as in CelticPredator, who CPL was talking about, but when quoting CPL, I should be careful about who I'm calling CP.

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"

Slugworth posted:

I meant CP as in CelticPredator, who CPL was talking about, but when quoting CPL, I should be careful about who I'm calling CP.

Excuse me? I heard someone call me name??

X-Ray Pecs
May 11, 2008

New York
Ice Cream
TV
Travel
~Good Times~
I went to a vinyl listening party in college once and brought my Dinosaur copy of You're Living All Over Me, and about halfway through one side someone commented that it was really long. Then someone pulled out a three-LP Muse album with like two songs per side. I think I learned a lot about Vinyl People that day.

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

X-Ray Pecs posted:

Then someone pulled out a three-LP Muse album with like two songs per side.

Pretty sure it's legal to kill these people

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...

Slugworth posted:

Pretty sure that's my bad for misreading sorry

X-Ray Pecs
May 11, 2008

New York
Ice Cream
TV
Travel
~Good Times~

Uncle Boogeyman posted:

I just looked it up, the Muse album in question is about as long at The Chameleons' Script of the Bridge, which fit on one LP. No goddamn excuse for 3 LPs other than having 3 LPs.

Slugworth
Feb 18, 2001

FishBulb posted:

Pretty sure that's my bad for misreading sorry
I mean, we have no proof that CelticPredator *doesn't* hate shorts though.

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

X-Ray Pecs posted:

I just looked it up, the Muse album in question is about as long at The Chameleons' Script of the Bridge, which fit on one LP. No goddamn excuse for 3 LPs other than having 3 LPs.

As far as I can tell, if you're not making a 3xLP LIMITED EDITION swirly multicolored release, you aren't trying hard enough

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Not vinyl, but I used to put on Bitches Brew at the local pool hall. Everyone sure thought I was a cool dude. :coolspot:

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

One time a guy stole some downhill skis out of my jeep and I was so mad I punched a mailbox. I'm against crime, and I'm not ashamed to admit it.
HMV is closing. They're the last record/DVD store we have here, aside from places like Walmart or Best Buy.

They've been on a decline for a while, and were overpriced for a lot of things, but I'm still a little sad to see them go. It was always convenient to head to their store during lunch if there was something I wanted to get.

wyoming
Jun 7, 2010

Like a television
tuned to a dead channel.

Uncle Boogeyman posted:

Preferably with one of those records cut like a circular saw.

Fuck Whitey
Nov 9, 2016

by SA Support Robot

it's basically just poo poo-talking sessions about stuff, idk. we're still in the process of developing a format but before we get there we just wanted to record something and then build from that. this episode was about The Secret but it inevitably led to discussion about current events because like everything in the history of the world that is lovely, it is relevant to the world of poo poo that we're in right now.

I wanna have a bunch of you on once we know what we're doing, it's still very rough right now. I'm gonna listen through the session tonight and decide then whether to suggest to my co-host that we rerecord it.

Hit me up when it's literally anything because this sounds like a hoot

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

CopywrightMMXI posted:

HMV is closing. They're the last record/DVD store we have here, aside from places like Walmart or Best Buy.

They've been on a decline for a while, and were overpriced for a lot of things, but I'm still a little sad to see them go. It was always convenient to head to their store during lunch if there was something I wanted to get.

Also, that sucks. Do you have a local used record store? At mine, I was able to buy a new copy of Chimes at Midnight for $13 the other day.

Fuck Whitey
Nov 9, 2016

by SA Support Robot
to celebrate the blasted hellscape that is american politics im finally going to read Steve Engleharts captain america story about cap investigating a gov't conspiracy and nixon committing suicide

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...
It's good

• Locked thread