Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
90s Cringe Rock
Nov 29, 2006
:gay:
After?

E: hello new page. I kind of like the new gw griffdogs set. They still have some sigmar symbols and bits but I'm glad to see them getting away from the sigmar Ines and standing on their own four feet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thirsty Dog
May 31, 2007

I have started reading the dumb Wulfen book and oh my god I forgot just how terrible an author David Annandale is. Comparing his work with Dan Abnett's HH space wolf novel is just depressing.

Fuck Whitey
Nov 9, 2016

by SA Support Robot

Thirsty Dog posted:

I have started reading the dumb Wulfen book and oh my god I forgot just how terrible an author David Annandale is. Comparing his work with Dan Abnett's HH space wolf novel is just depressing.

To be fair Abnetts was Prospero Burns and that book was one of the better HD books overall

Any comparison to that is gonna be weak

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

So did they bring back Celestine just to kill her off against or is she on whatever Craftworld pissed off into space?

Also if GW is going to give the rights to WFRPG to someone how is that going to work when they blew up that setting? Is it going to just be some dumbass poo poo where it's set in End Times right before everything got reality balled or are they going to have it be in a discontinued world?

Eggplant Squire fucked around with this message at 16:44 on Jan 30, 2017

Thirsty Dog
May 31, 2007

gently caress Whitey posted:

To be fair Abnetts was Prospero Burns and that book was one of the better HD books overall

Any comparison to that is gonna be weak

Right, but one of Abnett's discarded shopping lists is better than anything Annandale has written. I'd completely forgotten that he wrote some execrable Heresy novel as well.

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Remember how good you are
Taco Defender

Radish posted:

So did they bring back Celestine just to kill her off against or is she on whatever Craftworld pissed off into space?

nah she hangs around (at least, for another book). The craftworld doesn't get destroyed, just turned into a flotilla, and it happens at the same time as cadia getting wrecked

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

As far as I'm aware, Celestine takes on the one with more topknots than arms, and beats him, but gets pretty hosed up in the process and was last seen recuperating, ready for the next End Times novel

Bistromatic
Oct 3, 2004

And turn the inner eye
To see its path...
google news suggested an article to me about PETA asking GW to remove fur clothing from their games and i thought it had fallen for some parody site but it turns out:

http://www.peta.org.uk/blog/peta-warhammer-fur-free/

PETA posted:

From the mighty Leman Russ and Horus Lupercal to Chaos Warriors and the Sisters of Silence, Warhammer features an abundance of characters who wear what appear to be animal pelts, which just doesn’t add up.

The grimdark, battle-hardened warriors are known for their martial prowess – but wearing the skins of dead animals doesn’t take any skill.

Indeed, nothing on the bloody battlefields of Warhammer’s conflict-ravaged universe could match the terrible reality that foxes, minks, rabbits, and other living beings experience at the hands of the fur trade. Those killed for their fur typically first endure a bleak life inside a tiny, filthy wire cage before being electrocuted, drowned, or even skinned alive. Or they may be in the wild, minding their own business, when they get caught in a horrific bone-crushing steel-jaw trap – often languishing for days before eventually dying from starvation, dehydration, or blood loss.

Ugleb
Nov 19, 2014

ASK ME ABOUT HOW SCOTLAND'S PROPOSED TRANS LEGISLATION IS DIVISIVE AS HELL BECAUSE IT IS SO SWEEPING THAT IT COULD BE POTENTIALLY ABUSED AT A TIME WHERE THE LACK OF SAFETY FOR WOMEN HAS BEEN SO GLARING
Ok guys, GW is done. PETA are on their case now, it won't be long until public opinion turns against them entirely and fretting mothers pull dear Little Billy away from that morally reprehensible den of depravity that is their local GW store.

PETA want GW to cease depicting their miniatures in fur. This appears to not be a troll. Between Brexit and Trump being real things I just don't know anymore.

Edit - sniped!

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
Does PETA seriously not know that it does great honor to the soul of a Fenrisian Wolf to wear its' pelt into battle?

What are they, morons?

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Taco Defender
Someone at Peta actually made a conscious decision that this was worth spending time and energy on

90s Cringe Rock
Nov 29, 2006
This is completely insane. Warhammer is a brutal universe and wearing fur fits completely into the law of all the races that do it. Stop trying to cause trouble.

This is a world that is completely full of war where people will literally kill a whole planet, and they wouldn’t wear rare fur pelts to show riches? PETA get your priorities straight and deal with real animals.

This is a serious concern, and I thank you guys for bringing it up, but you may want to do your homework before you assume.
As there are no wolves on Fenris.

Lol, jfc. Getting offended by fake fur. A new level of idiocy for PETA.

You have absolutely no idea what youre talking about. Killing a wolf the size of a APC with your barehands takes skill. WWI was 20x worse than a cage. 40k is WWI but with actual demons that are the pure embodiments of Murder, Rape, and Disease. Or youre fighting hordes of monsters with acid blood that have consumed galaxies. Or youre fighting giant green monsters who live only for war. All these monster will dismember, rape, kill, enslave, or consume you in whatever order they want.

And nobody cares about your stupid screeching and nothing will ever change.

90s Cringe Rock fucked around with this message at 17:51 on Jan 30, 2017

Bistromatic
Oct 3, 2004

And turn the inner eye
To see its path...
I'm imagining PETA protesting for the ethical treatment of tyranids and standing between the nids and whatever planetary defenders there are.

Jeb Bush 2012
Apr 4, 2007

A mathematician, like a painter or poet, is a maker of patterns. If his patterns are more permanent than theirs, it is because they are made with ideas.

90s Cringe Rock posted:

This is completely insane. Warhammer is a brutal universe and wearing fur fits completely into the law of all the races that do it. Stop trying to cause trouble.

This is a world that is completely full of war where people will literally kill a whole planet, and they wouldn’t wear rare fur pelts to show riches? PETA get your priorities straight and deal with real animals.

This is a serious concern, and I thank you guys for bringing it up, but you may want to do your homework before you assume.

You have absolutely no idea what youre talking about. Killing a wolf the size of a APC with your barehands takes skill. WWI was 20x worse than a cage. 40k is WWI but with actual demons that are the pure embodiments of Murder, Rape, and Disease. Or youre fighting hordes of monsters with acid blood that have consumed galaxies. Or youre fighting giant green monsters who live only for war. All these monster will dismember, rape, kill, enslave, or consume you in whatever order they want.

I've changed my mind PETA is good now

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

90s Cringe Rock posted:

For a few seconds I didn't get these were FB posts

90s Cringe Rock
Nov 29, 2006
"Lol, jfc. Getting offended by fake fur. A new level of idiocy for PETA." is my favourite, it just says so much with so little.

the day they went after warhammer truly was their newest peak.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Bistromatic posted:

I'm imagining PETA protesting for the ethical treatment of tyranids and standing between the nids and whatever planetary defenders there are.

People Eaten by Tyranid Armies.

90s Cringe Rock
Nov 29, 2006

Radish posted:

People Eaten by Tyranid Armies.
Is PETA influence why GW keep nerfing them?

Ugleb
Nov 19, 2014

ASK ME ABOUT HOW SCOTLAND'S PROPOSED TRANS LEGISLATION IS DIVISIVE AS HELL BECAUSE IT IS SO SWEEPING THAT IT COULD BE POTENTIALLY ABUSED AT A TIME WHERE THE LACK OF SAFETY FOR WOMEN HAS BEEN SO GLARING

TheChirurgeon posted:

Someone at Peta actually made a conscious decision that this was worth spending time and energy on

I am trying to convince myself that they are doing it as a headline grabbing marketing ploy to get people talking about them to then harvest some more money. To save the space wolves from the, umm, Space Wolves.

The money actually gets used to fund themselves and the next marketing push.

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Taco Defender

Ugleb posted:

I am trying to convince myself that they are doing it as a headline grabbing marketing ploy to get people talking about them to then harvest some more money. To save the space wolves from the, umm, Space Wolves.

The money actually gets used to fund themselves and the next marketing push.

Somewhere there's a person who, despite everything important currently going on, will see this and decide that yes, they should donate their money to Peta instead, to help right these types of injustices. gently caress that person.

e: Really, I can't imagine a more difficult time for an org like Peta to get traction, funding, or support for activism

Dr Hemulen
Jan 25, 2003

You really have to be a very special kind of sociopath to look at the 40K universe and think, that people wearing fur is the worst part of it.

Thirsty Dog
May 31, 2007

I dunno man, furries usually are the worst part of any hobby

Dr Hemulen
Jan 25, 2003

I don't want to think about PETA'S stance on furries.

Mango Polo
Aug 4, 2007

Thirsty Dog posted:

I dunno man, furries usually are the worst part of any hobby

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
Is there anything more illustrative of the downfall of the Imperium than the difference between Heresy-era Space Wolves and 40k Space Wolves?

Mango Polo
Aug 4, 2007

Guy Goodbody posted:

Is there anything more illustrative of the downfall of the Imperium than the difference between Heresy-era Space Wolves and 40k Space Wolves?

Storm grey to baby blue is, indeed, shameful.

LordAba
Oct 22, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
GW bad, but if you are around the Chicago area you should sign up the Aetherium events! They are releasing their new faction: Amelia Earhart, Big Daddies, and Squids but in the matrix.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

Because I meant to post this here and not the bad thread

SteelMentor posted:

Some new terrain with Eldar ruins on the way.

This horrendous poo poo is 80 pounds, or for some unknown reason $220 loving dollarydoos, because what's an exchange rate?

I could get 2 of everything here for $244 dollarydoos and cover 2/3 of a table with an infinitely better looking attempt at the same Eldar ruins concept, as just one example

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

I'm hoping this game is good. The models already look a lot better than Mantic's which I think is a big deal in terms of getting people excited.

https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2017/1/30/command-and-control/

Looking into this a bit I wonder exactly how large this game will be played. It's looking like it's using a similar system to Xwing where you have to buy boxes to get cards and such and those boxes cost $30. Sounds like it might be getting expensive which isn't great for an untested game breaking into the market. Privateer Press has gone to opposite way where you but the army in the app for $10 and you are good forever which is a lot more consumer friendly.

Eggplant Squire fucked around with this message at 17:19 on Jan 31, 2017

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

http://newsthump.com/2017/01/31/peta-demands-that-space-marines-do-more-to-protect-threatened-xeno-races/

“When we’ve got the Emperor on side with this change in the Codex Astartes, we’ll be demanding the Necrons stop wearing flayed human skins unless the humans have voluntarily agreed to the process.”

Simon was about to say more when he was shot in the face for Heresy by Commissar Caiaphas Cain, who immediately received another medal and a parade for his prompt action.rotect-threatened-xeno-races/

Thirsty Dog
May 31, 2007

Truly there's no shortage of unfunny clones of The Onion.

muggins
Mar 3, 2008

I regard the death and mangling of a couple thousand toy soldiers as a small affair, a kind of morning dash

NTRabbit posted:

Because I meant to post this here and not the bad thread

This horrendous poo poo is 80 pounds, or for some unknown reason $220 loving dollarydoos, because what's an exchange rate?

I could get 2 of everything here for $244 dollarydoos and cover 2/3 of a table with an infinitely better looking attempt at the same Eldar ruins concept, as just one example

I actually noticed the new tzeentch demon is 70 pounds, or 115 usd, while the true exchange rate should be 87. I've noticed mantic and warlord do this as well. I can understand not wanting to have to change prices based on exchange rates all the time, but it's not even close. Is this even legal?

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

muggins posted:

I actually noticed the new tzeentch demon is 70 pounds, or 115 usd, while the true exchange rate should be 87. I've noticed mantic and warlord do this as well. I can understand not wanting to have to change prices based on exchange rates all the time, but it's not even close. Is this even legal?

Why would it be illegal?

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

muggins posted:

Welcome to Australia's pricing he'll. :)

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

I don't have the energy to type up a new "exchange rates aren't purchasing power comparisons" post, I just don't.

Suffice it to say that you can't really rely on money exchange rates to compare exactly how expensive something is in two different currencies. Also it costs money to ship things places. And finally, GW definitely hates australians, irrespective of the previous points, because even after accounting for all factors it's obviously far cheaper for australians to buy GW products from UK or US realtors, pay the exhange rates and the shipping themselves, and have their stuff shipped to them. So GW is taking the piss, for sure.

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

Leperflesh posted:

I don't have the energy to type up a new "exchange rates aren't purchasing power comparisons" post, I just don't.

I dont even know you any more

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
All my heroes are dead. Time to throw myself into the sea

Saint Drogo
Dec 26, 2011

Bistromatic posted:

google news suggested an article to me about PETA asking GW to remove fur clothing from their games and i thought it had fallen for some parody site but it turns out:

lmao

Nobody tell them about hollismason.

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

I WON THIS AMAZING AVATAR! I'M A WINNER! WOOOOO!

Bad Moon posted:

All my heroes are dead. Time to throw myself into the sea

Can I have your minis?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Indolent Bastard posted:

Can I have your minis?

How do you think I'm going to weigh myself down?

• Locked thread