Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Volcanic Vents
Mar 28, 2009

Samurai Sanders posted:

Great, now my mental image of that scene in The Shining is replaced by this.

Somebody's probably made this already but you inspired me to do one quick-and-dirty anyway

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Cease to Hope posted:

the abrahamic godhead is an actual canon character in marvel comics

spider-man and the fantastic four have both met him

I thought Jack Kirby was confirmed to be an entirely different entity to The One Above All. And that the One Above All isn't abrahamic.

Angry Salami
Jul 27, 2013

Don't trust the skull.

Cease to Hope posted:

the abrahamic godhead is an actual canon character in marvel comics

spider-man and the fantastic four have both met him

So are the Hindu gods; Marvel's Thor once beat Shiva in a fight.

Hindus were... not impressed with that creative decision.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Angry Salami posted:

They made up for that when they (temporarily) brought Spider-Man India into the main continuity.

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011

Angry Salami posted:

recently marvel also revealed that odin created heaven and angels

comics rule

Ambitious Spider
Feb 13, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Maybe that would have worked better if Giuliani wasn't on tv talking about how they were trying to literally legally create a Muslim ban without calling it such.

Though even without it's pretty drat obvious

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Ben Garrison posted:

The world is used to the United States bowing and giving in to demands.

literally_opposite_of_reality.txt

"Buzzfeeded"? Shouldn't it be "buzzfed"?

Cat Mattress fucked around with this message at 13:33 on Jan 30, 2017

JaggerMcDagger
Feb 13, 2012

Bringing you Barry from the sordid depths of the Internet
I thought Kamala became a super hero the same way static shock did with a bunch of gas leaked over everywhere?

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

JaggerMcDagger posted:

I thought Kamala became a super hero the same way static shock did with a bunch of gas leaked over everywhere?

That's what I thought too, but I'm behind on Ms Marvel.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Ambitious Spider posted:

Maybe that would have worked better if Giuliani wasn't on tv talking about how they were trying to literally legally create a Muslim ban without calling it such.

Though even without it's pretty drat obvious
Also I think a lot of people voted for Trump because they thought he wasn't going to try to lawyer them, but that's exactly what this is, only way worse than an actual lawyer.

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

Give me your friend's BURGERS and SANDWICHES, I'll put out the fire.

JaggerMcDagger posted:

Basically yeah. The gas only affected a percentage of people in new york that had inhuman blood in their geneology though (basically legally distinct mutants in case Fox film rights start effecting how Marvel sells the X-men )

Abyssal Squid
Jul 24, 2003

Reminder that Pissgate broke on the 10th, so Stantis/Allie had to wrap up the weeks arc before addressing it.

Apparently the goblin has salacious intelligence reports about her!

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Mystic Mongol posted:

From the early eighties:

From a GBS thread:

Applewhite posted:

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

2003 WH speech bubble: Saddam has WMDs.
Press: Zzzzzzzzzz

oh wait

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Hes been doing one thing for so long he cant bear the fact that things are changing.

A literal conservative

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

I wonder what Redpanel's financial situation looks like. I can't imagine he's making a living off these lovely comics with how little his patreon was bringing in last I saw it. There's a part of me that really hopes that he's on the verge of being kicked out of his parents basement/friends couch, where he'll be faced with actually having to do a minimum wage job and live in the real world.

That 3D Chess Garrison comic is absolutely infuriating. There's a part of me that can accept someone who's okay with Trump, but the way Garrison puts him on a pedestal is just mind boggling. The situation feels more like the political equivalent of that "jokes on them I was acting like an idiot on purpose" comic.

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Just because Liquor's dead, doesn't mean you can just roll this bitch all over town with "The Freedoms."

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

Jonas Albrecht posted:

That's what I thought too, but I'm behind on Ms Marvel.

That's exactly what happened, it was just terrigen gas so she's an inhuman. It's also the origin for the new Moon Girl.

Marvel is doing a thing where lots of people are randomly turning into inhumans because, unlike mutants, they have the exclusive movie rights for inhumans :v:

Faustian Bargain
Apr 12, 2014

If Garrison ever sours on Trump, he's going try to work some puppetmaster defense I just know it.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Begemot posted:

That's exactly what happened, it was just terrigen gas so she's an inhuman. It's also the origin for the new Moon Girl.

Marvel is doing a thing where lots of people are randomly turning into inhumans because, unlike mutants, they have the exclusive movie rights for inhumans :v:

Unlike Mutants, no one gives a gently caress about Inhumans and I doubt that'll change any time soon.

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I had a beer once with Stephen Miller and now I like him.

I also tried to ban someone from a Discord for pointing out what an unrelenting shithead I am! I'm even dumb enough to think it worked!

This is what I don't get about the alt-reichers using that line of logic to defend the ban.

Normally they just go "Muslim's not a race, can't be racist". But here they're basically setting up that yeah, it is racist. If it were religiously based then to be logically consistent they would be banning the two biggest regions with Muslim populations.

South Asia and South-East Asia have more Muslims than the Middle East and North Africa combined.

So if they were worried specifically about Islam being an "evil religion", which is something they believe, then they should be including places like Indonesia.

So if he's going "It's not religiously based, or else we'd be targeting places like Indonesia", then it's racially based.

Realistically it's both. They've created this defacto "race" that includes Brown, Middle Eastern, and Muslim. And sometimes it's just a mix and match.

I guess they finally got tired of people responding to the whole "Islam's not a race" deflection by reminding them that the Middle East isn't the most Islamic region on earth, and decided to co-opt it without really thinking it through.

Or am I the idiot here?

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Begemot posted:

Inhuman is kind of a bad name, though, what with being synonymous with barbaric or monstrous.

BarbarianElephant
Feb 12, 2015
The fairy of forgiveness has removed your red text.

Improbable Lobster posted:

Unlike Mutants, no one gives a gently caress about Inhumans and I doubt that'll change any time soon.

I'm sure they will spontaneously cease to exist if Disney manages to extract the movie rights to mutants from Sony.

Skippy Granola
Sep 3, 2011

It's not what it looks like.

This is tight

It also makes me really angry.

Can I say AGC?

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

Give me your friend's BURGERS and SANDWICHES, I'll put out the fire.

Cat Mattress posted:

Inhuman is kind of a bad name, though, what with being synonymous with barbaric or monstrous.

Inhumans concept in the beginning only applied to a pantheon of Atlanteans that all had a unique power because they huffed magic alien gas, then they became Moon Men and now there the X-men analog. Coincidentally Inhumans and Black Panther were created just a little under a year apart, the latter being before the political organization

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

Improbable Lobster posted:

I do love the conspiracy theories of how evil Marvel is about how "they are totally going to kill all the mutants and replace them with these lame Inhumans" when there are way more X-men books being made over Inhuman books. I feel bad for the Inhumans because a lot of the books centered around them have been good. :smith:

That and the X-men haven't been interesting in almost a decade

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

achillesforever6 posted:

I do love the conspiracy theories of how evil Marvel is about how "they are totally going to kill all the mutants and replace them with these lame Inhumans" when there are way more X-men books being made over Inhuman books. I feel bad for the Inhumans because a lot of the books centered around them have been good. :smith:

That and the X-men haven't been interesting in almost a decade

They're recent push for the Inhumans to be a Thing is 100% because of movie rights. The Marvel movies make so much more money than the comics, it's absurd.

Spanish Matlock
Sep 6, 2004

If you want to play the I-didn't-know-this-was-a-hippo-bar game with me, that's fine.
Marvel also stuck a knife in fantastic four, which is probably one of their longest running series, over movie rights. So it's not unreasonable. Lesser companies could probably bully Marvel around the movie rights they stupidly sold, but this is Disney time now.

Edmund Lava
Sep 8, 2004

Hey, I'm from Brooklyn. I'm going to call myself Mr. Friendly.

Fantastic Four hasn't been selling well for a long time. The poo poo movie was just the icing on the cake for their cancelation. Also we have 3 or 4 Deadpool books now. Comics don't give a poo poo about the movies and vica versa.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:

Spanish Matlock posted:

Marvel also stuck a knife in fantastic four, which is probably one of their longest running series, over movie rights. So it's not unreasonable. Lesser companies could probably bully Marvel around the movie rights they stupidly sold, but this is Disney time now.

To be fair, seeing the last movie, it was a mercy killing

La Brea Carpet
Nov 22, 2007

I have no mouth and I must post

Spanish Matlock posted:

F4 is boring and Reed Richards is a sociopath. Doom did nothing wrong IMHO.

The Cubelodyte
Sep 1, 2006

Practicing Hypnolaw since 1990
Grimey Drawer
I wonder if Kirschen will comment on the "all lives matter" treatment the White House has just given Holocaust Remembrance Day.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

The Cubelodyte posted:

I wonder if Kirschen will comment on the "all lives matter" treatment the White House has just given Holocaust Remembrance Day.

You know exactly how

Sandpuppy
Jun 16, 2012

Social Abscess
of the
Universe

Erenthal
Jan 1, 2008

A relaxing walk in the woods
Grimey Drawer

Aw yes Branco, that's the good stuff.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:

I've sad this before, but I really hate foreign cartoons when we have a terrorist attack.

For context, some gently caress shot up a mosque and killed 6 people last night in Quebec City.

And yes, it is a terrorist attack.

Skippy Granola
Sep 3, 2011

I'm 100% pro-death, Branco.

ManlyGrunting
May 29, 2014

The Cubelodyte posted:

He has been remarkable eager about throwing his hat in with the president supported by actual factual nazis. Old bigots like that rarely change their minds.

e: oh and that toon about the Quebec City shooting can go gently caress itself. It's pretty loving clear what the shooting was about, to ignore it in light of recent events is absurd at best.

ManlyGrunting fucked around with this message at 19:30 on Jan 30, 2017

King Possum III
Feb 15, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skippy Granola
Sep 3, 2011

Hang on...

• Locked thread