Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:
I personally miss the un-nerfed krysae. It was fantastic turtling up as a destroyer and picking off people from across the map by turning them into chunky salsa.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Something to remember about ME3 MP was that there were no dedicated servers whatsoever, so you were entirely at the mercy of the host's connection (and a lot of Russians played MP). Any gun that wasn't hitscan could misfire or simply not work, so the MP team just continually buffed the damage of projectiles to compensate because they couldn't actually fix the server structure. And then eventually to resolve issues like the vanguard glitch, more and more of the game's network code was offloaded onto the host, so if their connection was spotty everything was a clownshow. The Krysae was unique in that it was basically a hitscan grenade launcher, which is what made it so powerful compared to everybody's janky rear end Graals or whatever.

AngryBooch
Sep 26, 2009

exquisite tea posted:

Something to remember about ME3 MP was that there were no dedicated servers whatsoever, so you were entirely at the mercy of the host's connection (and a lot of Russians played MP). Any gun that wasn't hitscan could misfire or simply not work, so the MP team just continually buffed the damage of projectiles to compensate because they couldn't actually fix the server structure. And then eventually to resolve issues like the vanguard glitch, more and more of the game's network code was offloaded onto the host, so if their connection was spotty everything was a clownshow. The Krysae was unique in that it was basically a hitscan grenade launcher, which is what made it so powerful compared to everybody's janky rear end Graals or whatever.

Speaking of which, no dedis for ME:A MP either. Really looking forward to another rubberband fest like in DAI which was miles worse than ME3 for whatever reason.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

ME3 you could justify in that it was just a little throwaway multiplayer mode that ended up being hugely successful + popular, but there's no excuse to not have dedicated servers in Andromeda, which many people are anticipating for the MP.

Zigmidge
May 12, 2002

Exsqueeze me, why the sour face? I'm here to lemon aid you. Let's juice it.
pc gamers still crying about dedicated servers like its 2002

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
Is this game coming out or something?

e: Sorry, was being a stupid rear end in a top hat who didn't look at OP.

Meme Poker Party fucked around with this message at 17:41 on Jan 30, 2017

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

The cries of the dead are terrible indeed; you should try not to hear them.
I wonder what the uptake on MP really is like in these games. Big discrepancy between PC/Console I wonder? Honestly I never even knew or cared that ME3 or DA:I had multiplayer at all until I read this thread.

I feel like the natural gamer sentiment is these things are tacked on gimmicks for a big singleplayer title.

I might try it out this time given the rave reviews this thread seems to give, but I'm pretty sceptical. My instinct is that a big majority of players never touch MP even once, but I don't know if there's anyway to corroborate that.

Serf
May 5, 2011

I don't remember that many issues with the ME3 MP. Maybe it's just rose-tinted glasses because of how incredibly awesome it was, I dunno. I never got into Inquisition's MP, too much to do in the SP as it was.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Jeza posted:

I wonder what the uptake on MP really is like in these games. Big discrepancy between PC/Console I wonder? Honestly I never even knew or cared that ME3 or DA:I had multiplayer at all until I read this thread.

I feel like the natural gamer sentiment is these things are tacked on gimmicks for a big singleplayer title.

I might try it out this time given the rave reviews this thread seems to give, but I'm pretty sceptical. My instinct is that a big majority of players never touch MP even once, but I don't know if there's anyway to corroborate that.

I see the MP in a Bioware game as being a equivalent to the SP in like, a Battlefield game. If it's there I guess that's nice but honestly who the hell cares.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Serf posted:

I don't remember that many issues with the ME3 MP. Maybe it's just rose-tinted glasses because of how incredibly awesome it was, I dunno. I never got into Inquisition's MP, too much to do in the SP as it was.

Inquisition's MP wasn't done well, you didn't miss much.

Hamburger Test
Jul 2, 2007

Sure hope this works!
Everyone expected it to be garbage, but by some miracle it was not.

I had hoped DA:I would be equally great, unfortunately the base combat in DA:I was garbage, and the MP rewards were much worse in the RNG department. So the mode was completely poo poo, even then I could still get a match whenever I tried up to half a year ago ( I would occasionally try to see if they somehow managed to make it good ).

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004
johnny jesus and the infield fly rule
https://www.masseffect.com/news/liam-kosta

https://www.masseffect.com/news/cora-harper

some minor new info on the human squaddies

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

quote:

Overclocked Dual Omni-blades

Ha.

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004

badass imo

also interesting that Cora is the team vanguard -- I figured she'd be the adept

what's Liam then? Infiltrator?

Sarmhan
Nov 1, 2011

Sounds like they definitely are taking more inspiration from ME3MP. Liam has the charge from the Turian Havoc.

^Soldier with some tech stuff probably. A different take on infiltrator?

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004

Ein Sexmonster posted:

Sounds like they definitely are taking more inspiration from ME3MP. Liam has the charge from the Turian Havoc.

^Soldier with some tech stuff.

I figured Drack would be the soldier

lmao if they make Drack the infiltrator, that would own

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

I want Drak to be the Adept, he's covered in bones cause he's a Shaman.

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004

Kurieg posted:

I want Drak to be the Adept, he's covered in bones cause he's a Shaman.

Maybe Jaal is the adept?

actually do the Andromedans even have biotics?

Sarmhan
Nov 1, 2011

I would kill for a Krogan infiltrator. The only true oversight of ME3MP was making the melee/shotgun-focused infiltrator the EDI robot instead of a krogran.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

Pattonesque posted:

Maybe Jaal is the adept?

actually do the Andromedans even have biotics?

Biotics are supposed to be a thing you develop upon exposure to element zero, which is rare but found throughout the galaxy, so presumably the Andromedans have come upon the same phenomenon but may have come to it differently.

Interesting that both human companions seem geared for close range engagements. Jaal appears to be a sniper of some sort. Maybe a biotic version of the infiltrator instead of a tech based on like Garrus? Wonder where Vetra and Drack are going to fit.

Maybe Draak will be the Adept and Vetra the engineer. Vetra is the new Tali.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

Is Peebee the sentinel?

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004

Kurieg posted:

Is Peebee the sentinel?

what I'm thinking is:

PeeBee: Sentinel
Cora: Vanguard
Vetra: Engineer
Liam: Infiltrator? Soldier?
Drack: Soldier? Adept?
Jaal: Adept? Infiltrator?

wookieepelt
Jul 23, 2009

Kurieg posted:

Is Peebee the sentinel?

PeeBee is the one that you sacrifice on Virmire.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

wookieepelt posted:

PeeBee is the one that you sacrifice on Virmire.

She's a racist soldier with a freak love of poetry?

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

PeeBee is going to be the only squad member who can't die in Andromeda, ensuring a new generation of Bioware titles with embarrassing character names you can't say out loud.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Pattonesque posted:

I figured Drack would be the soldier

lmao if they make Drack the infiltrator, that would own

Hey, infiltrating is successful if nobody sees you, right?

They can't see you if they're all dead.

Reclaimer
Sep 3, 2011

Pierced through the heart
but never killed

Kurieg posted:

I personally miss the un-nerfed krysae. It was fantastic turtling up as a destroyer and picking off people from across the map by turning them into chunky salsa.

I used it with the asari huntress solely because it was what she was packin in the portrait, and man that was fun even if it wasn't ideal.

Nevets
Sep 11, 2002

Be they sad or be they well,
I'll make their lives a hell

exquisite tea posted:

PeeBee is going to be the only squad member who can't die in Andromeda, ensuring a new generation of Bioware titles with embarrassing character names you can't say out loud.

"Hello, new alien race. My name is Ryder and these are my squadmates: BeeEm, BeeJay, EllOhEll, ExDee, and our robot EffYoo-SixNine. Why are you giggling?"

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

I am Brooks Cracktackle of the USS Tempest, your last line of defense against the Reaper Rush.

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed

Kurieg posted:

Is Peebee the sentinel?

She had both biotic and tech abilities in that one trailer so it seems that way.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Nevets posted:

"Hello, new alien race. My name is Ryder and these are my squadmates: BeeEm, BeeJay, EllOhEll, ExDee, and our robot EffYoo-SixNine. Why are you giggling?"

And every squadmate strikes a different dramatic pose in the order of their name being called out like a power ranger or a teen pop band.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

DancingShade posted:

And every squadmate strikes a different dramatic pose in the order of their name being called out like a power ranger or a teen pop band.

If Mass Effect could either meet or be Ginyu Force I would never say another bad word about them again.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

e: ^ drat you, I was finding a video. :argh:

DancingShade posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3nDC30IMeD8

Kurieg fucked around with this message at 21:45 on Jan 30, 2017

PureRok
Mar 27, 2010

Good as new.

Kurieg posted:

e: ^ drat you, I was finding a video. :argh:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3nDC30IMeD8

Welp, time to watch all of DBZ Abridged again.

JawKnee
Mar 24, 2007

You'll take the ride to leave this town along that yellow line

PureRok posted:

Welp, time to watch all of DBZ Abridged again.

a good way to waste like 6 hours imo

Reclaimer
Sep 3, 2011

Pierced through the heart
but never killed

Nevets posted:

https://twitter.com/_Flor1daWoman/status/507727594431598592

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

"I guess we could name her after something we like."
"Yeah, like cherries? Waffles?"

*nurse scribbles something down, checks her watch, leaves*

Pretzel Rod Serling
Aug 6, 2008

There's probably an NDA, but did anyone who signed up for the multiplayer beta get an email about it yet? (I'll tell you straight up I did not, but I'm hoping someone has played it because I want to and it'll probably be mountains better than single-player again for a billion reasons, not the least of which is no awkward NPC loving.)

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

If there's going to be any news on the multiplayer, they are going to tell us in February. Least that's what the tweets have hinted at.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pretzel Rod Serling
Aug 6, 2008

Fair enough! I've only been vaguely following this so far.