Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

One time a guy stole some downhill skis out of my jeep and I was so mad I punched a mailbox. I'm against crime, and I'm not ashamed to admit it.

Detective No. 27 posted:

Also, that sucks. Do you have a local used record store? At mine, I was able to buy a new copy of Chimes at Midnight for $13 the other day.

There's a good used record store near work, but for music I've only bothered buying digital for almost 10 years now.

As far as used DVD/Blu, it's pretty much just pawn shops at this point. There's online garage sale sites too, like VarageSale or Kijiji.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Slugworth posted:

I mean, we have no proof that CelticPredator *doesn't* hate shorts though.

I am currently wearing shorts, but I do not enjoy wearing them in public all that much.

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...
I love shorts. People need to see my fine rear end legs, distracts from my fat rear end rest of me

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

CopywrightMMXI posted:

There's a good used record store near work, but for music I've only bothered buying digital for almost 10 years now.

As far as used DVD/Blu, it's pretty much just pawn shops at this point. There's online garage sale sites too, like VarageSale or Kijiji.
Ah sucks. I guess I'm just blessed enough to live in an area with a few of great physical media stores nearby. I've switched to digital music/books/comics, but still prefer physical when it comes to movies and video games. With loyalty programs/trade ins/coupons, I'm able to regularly get great deals on blurays. I'm usually able to find what I'm looking for between Bookmans/Zia Records and Half Price Books.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

I ended up finding the Shout Factory Escape From New York used for like, 6 bucks. Maybe it works, maybe it doesn't but uh... it was legit worth the risk there. Snagged their last The Guest for the same price too. Second hand video stories own.

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

CelticPredator posted:

I ended up finding the Shout Factory Escape From New York used for like, 6 bucks. Maybe it works, maybe it doesn't but uh... it was legit worth the risk there. Snagged their last The Guest for the same price too. Second hand video stories own.

That's dope, that EFNY edition is very good. I recently got the old out-of-print Anchor Bay Day of the Dead blu ray for I think six bucks used at a record store, according to the internet it's got a better transfer than the Scream Factory edition.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Gonna have to track that down now.

Also I found dvds of dawn but apparently those aren't the rare version of the film. The ones going for hundreds of dollars.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

CelticPredator posted:

Gonna have to track that down now.

Also I found dvds of dawn but apparently those aren't the rare version of the film. The ones going for hundreds of dollars.

Which ones go for hundreds?

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴

CPL593H posted:

I have an irrational hatred of people calling records "vinyls" and I can't stand when people who don't even own turntables buy records.

CPL - I love ya man, but you got some weird hangups.

"I hate when people call it a stereo, it's called a hi-fi!"

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
Gun Woman (2014) is... interesting. I'm not gonna call it good, and it suffers really strongly from going out of its way to be as ultra-edgy as possible at all times, but I actually ended up kinda digging it in spite of itself.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

MacheteZombie posted:

Which ones go for hundreds?

I'm not sure. I read about it in the Blu Ray thread that dawn of the dead is pretty much out of print due to some weird rights issue. But guy with Dawn of the Dead avatar would probably know more than me about it.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Anchor Bay lost the distribution rights several years ago, so their theatrical cut Blu-ray from 2007 is the only one that's ever been released over here. I presume the rare DVD is Anchor Bay's Ultimate Edition, which includes all three cuts as well as the Document of the Dead documentary. That one went out of print a few years after it was released.

Edit: I think the rights reverted to Richard Rubinstein, and he's just sitting on them.

Timby fucked around with this message at 19:19 on Jan 30, 2017

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

CelticPredator posted:

I'm not sure. I read about it in the Blu Ray thread that dawn of the dead is pretty much out of print due to some weird rights issue. But guy with Dawn of the Dead avatar would probably know more than me about it.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Little-Hartbox-Blu-ray-Dawn-of-the-Dead-Zombie-RARE-/262804590797?hash=item3d305fd0cd:g:AIEAAOSwmfhX7BC1 ???

Lol i just liked that cover for some reason.

I actually don't pay attention to most Blu/DVD releases until I decide to buy one so I'm out of the loop on which ones are genuinely rare.

Timby posted:

Anchor Bay lost the distribution rights several years ago, so their theatrical cut Blu-ray from 2007 is the only one that's ever been released over here. I presume the rare DVD is Anchor Bay's Ultimate Edition, which includes all three cuts as well as the Document of the Dead documentary. That one went out of print a few years after it was released.

Yeah I wasn't sure if he meant the Anchor Bay Blu or the ultimate DVD box.

i do own this one: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Dawn-of-the...3QAAOSwo4pYepiC

kinda want this one: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Dawn-of-the...p4AAOSwt5hYiJo5

Egbert Souse
Nov 6, 2008

FYI, Night of the Living Dead will be getting a definitive release soon, at least. The new 4K restoration headed by The Film Foundation was recently completed and it's believed Criterion/Janus Films will be handling distribution soon.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Egbert Souse posted:

FYI, Night of the Living Dead will be getting a definitive release soon, at least. The new 4K restoration headed by The Film Foundation was recently completed and it's believed Criterion/Janus Films will be handling distribution soon.

That's cool, will it be considered a Criterion because of the distribution?

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Yeah it's the anchor bay one.

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

Timby posted:

I have this one signed by George Romero *spikes football*

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Lol i was reading the product summary on this and just noticed:
"As a sequel to Night of the Living Dead, the horror movie, directed by Zack Snyder, tells the story of ordinary citizens trapped in a Midwestern shopping mall."

X-Ray Pecs
May 11, 2008

New York
Ice Cream
TV
Travel
~Good Times~
So apparently, uh, Phil Lord & Chris Miller are directing the Han Solo movie, and Bradford Young is DP'ing
https://twitter.com/chrizmillr/status/826099940254502915

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
A Han Solo movie just sounds awful.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

X-Ray Pecs posted:

So apparently, uh, Phil Lord & Chris Miller are directing the Han Solo movie, and Bradford Young is DP'ing
https://twitter.com/chrizmillr/status/826099940254502915

Now I just hope it's a lot like a Jump Street movie.

edit: ^ yah. I don't have a problem with doing stuff like "here's when Han got the Falcon," but I just realized they're probably gonna do a bit for how Han and Chewbacca met and became friends. Ew.

X-Ray Pecs
May 11, 2008

New York
Ice Cream
TV
Travel
~Good Times~

MacheteZombie posted:

Not gonna lie, getting the 21 Jump Street/Clone High guys involved has definitely piqued my interest.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

MacheteZombie posted:

Yeah but it sounds like it has potential with the talent involved. They couldn't not have picked a better Han Solo replacement.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

CelticPredator posted:

Yeah but it sounds like it has potential with the talent involved. They couldn't not have picked a better Han Solo replacement.

I had to look him up. Technically I've seen him in something, because he was in one of the first 7 or so episodes of Supernatural that I watched.

Is Donald Glover still playing young Lando?

But honestly, Rogue One proved it doesn't matter who they cast, the scripts are gonna have the entertainment value of watching paint dry.

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

MacheteZombie posted:

It absolutely does, but a Phil Lord/Chris Miller movie shot by Bradford Young starring Alden Ehrenreich sounds pretty cool.

I'll still probably wait for the DVD.

Jenny Angel
Oct 24, 2010

Out of Control
Hard to Regulate
Anything Goes!
Lipstick Apathy
FYI those who still call it "Sex Archie" or "Tween Peaks" and not "Dark Archie", understand that my faction is growing ever more dominant in both numbers and strength of character, and that you still have time to mend your errant ways

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

X-Ray Pecs posted:

Not gonna lie, getting the 21 Jump Street/Clone High guys involved has definitely piqued my interest.

Lord and Miller are pretty good. Would like to see them not make Lego and reboot movies though. And not Storks.

CelticPredator posted:

You'll have to sell me on Alden Ehrenreich because I've only seen one movie with him, Stoker.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Jenny Angel posted:

FYI those who still call it "Sex Archie" or "Tween Peaks" and not "Dark Archie", understand that my faction is growing ever more dominant in both numbers and strength of character, and that you still have time to mend your errant ways

Well way to go Jenny Trump

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
It just sounds like a checklist.

Millenium Falcon
Cloud City
Walking Carpet
Jabba the Hutt (maybe, maybe in the sequel)
Never tell me the odds!
Kessel Run
Explanation about why the Kessel Run is measured in parsecs
Credits

That's it. That's the whole movie. Write whatever plot you want and try to fit it between those scenes.

edit: I have been calling it Dark Archie to support Jenny, I haven't even seen the show yet.

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

MacheteZombie posted:

You'll have to sell me on Alden Ehrenreich because I've only seen one movie with him, Stoker.

Huh, I didn't realize that was him in Stoker.

You haven't seen Hail Caesar! apparently though and you really need to. Ehrenreich managed to be the standout performance in a movie starring George Clooney, Josh Brolin, and Tilda Swinton among others.

Slugworth
Feb 18, 2001

If two grown men can't make a pervert happy for a few minutes in order to watch a film about zombies, then maybe we should all just move to Iran!

X-Ray Pecs posted:

Not gonna lie, really appreciate you name dropping Clone High there. You didn't need to, you know? Like, most people would have just said 'the 21 jump street guys'. Maybe thrown in 'Lego Movie'.

You're alright.

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

How did JFK get my spaghetti video?

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Uncle Boogeyman posted:

You haven't seen Hail Caesar! apparently though and you really need to. Ehrenreich managed to be the standout performance in a movie starring George Clooney, Josh Brolin, and Tilda Swinton among others.

It's the one Coen I haven't seen. I guess I can give it a shot, just heard nothing above "its a passable coen movie"

I watched Witchfinder General over the Weekend and House on Haunted Hill. Vinny P is climbing to the top of my fav actors very quickly.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

It's an okay movie. It just didn't do much because I'm not too versed in old Hollywood films. So the cool stuff was just kinda eh for me.

Aldrich really made me care about something though. Super endearing performance.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
Sean Spicer just said on national tv that we should fear 5 year olds.

Now I want an action movie about a 5 year old john wick taking on the white house.

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

One time a guy stole some downhill skis out of my jeep and I was so mad I punched a mailbox. I'm against crime, and I'm not ashamed to admit it.

Snak posted:

It just sounds like a checklist.

Millenium Falcon
Cloud City
Walking Carpet
Jabba the Hutt (maybe, maybe in the sequel)
Never tell me the odds!
Kessel Run
Explanation about why the Kessel Run is measured in parsecs
Credits

That's it. That's the whole movie. Write whatever plot you want and try to fit it between those scenes.

edit: I have been calling it Dark Archie to support Jenny, I haven't even seen the show yet.

Also, a scene where he shoots first

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

MacheteZombie posted:

Sean Spicer just said on national tv that we should fear 5 year olds.

I'm way ahead of him on that one.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

CopywrightMMXI posted:

Also, a scene where he shoots first

Every action scene.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

X-Ray Pecs
May 11, 2008

New York
Ice Cream
TV
Travel
~Good Times~

Snak posted:

I had to look him up. Technically I've seen him in something, because he was in one of the first 7 or so episodes of Supernatural that I watched.

MacheteZombie posted:

Watch Hail, Caesar! you goofs

Slugworth posted:

Not gonna lie, really appreciate you name dropping Clone High there. You didn't need to, you know? Like, most people would have just said 'the 21 jump street guys'. Maybe thrown in 'Lego Movie'.

You're alright.

The film festival episode of Clone High is one of the funniest episodes of TV I've ever seen. "Did you see the pool? They flipped the bitch!"

Uncle Boogeyman posted:

How did JFK get my spaghetti video?

I joked about this with Dickeye already, but: Han Solo attempting the Kessel run while sleep deprived.

• Locked thread