Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ensign Expendable
Nov 11, 2008

Lager beer is proof that god loves us
Pillbug
PzIII Ausf A

Queue: PzIII Ausf. B through D, SR tanks, Soviet tractor tanks, HTZ-16, Char B1 bis, Char B1 ter

Available for request:

:911:
T2E1 Light Tank
M3A1
Combat Car M1
Howitzer Motor Carriage T18
M10 Wolverine NEW

:britain:
A1E1 Independent
Infantry Tank Mk.I

:ussr:
LTP
T-37 with ShKAS
ZIK-20
T-12 and T-24
Wartime modifications of the T-37 and T-38
SG-122
76 mm gun mod of the Matilda
Tank destroyers on the T-30 and T-40 chassis
45 mm M-42 gun
02SS Aerosan
SU-76 prototype
LPP-25

:sweden:
L-10 and L-30
Strv m/40
Strv m/42
Landsverk prototypes 1943-1951
EMIL and KRV
Strv 103

:poland:
Trials of the TKS and C2P in the USSR
37 mm anti-tank gun

:japan:
SR tanks

:france:
Renault NC
Renault D1
Renault R35
Renault D2
Renault R40
25 mm Hotchkiss gun

:godwin:
PzI Ausf. B
PzI Ausf. C
PzII Ausf. a though b
PzII Ausf. c through C
PzII trials in the USSR
Pak 97/38
Pz.Sfl.IVb
7.5 cm Pak 41
Hummel
s.FH. 18

:eurovision:
LT vz 35
LT vz 38 NEW
CKD TNH and LTP (Tanque 39)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.

Mr.48 posted:

Isn't the tank trash though?

Megatrash. Gotta catch 'em all.

That is honestly impressive flipping a Type 4 in that spot.

LRADIKAL
Jun 10, 2001

Fun Shoe
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fs2pr5h_aDw
Do a Barrel Roll or Gravedigger!!! (20 sec video)

Zudgemud
Mar 1, 2009
Grimey Drawer

More on the pancakes please.

Alternatively the soviet aerosan tanks, I have seen pictures of those monstrosities before, but would like to know the logic behind the development.

Steelion
Aug 2, 2009

Jago posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fs2pr5h_aDw
Do a Barrel Roll or Gravedigger!!! (20 sec video)

I like the part where the E-25 went for the ram and you just casually drive on top of the other tank. If only team ram damage wasn't reduced.

Atomizer
Jun 24, 2007

I have unlocked both of the tier 6 Swedes. The Strv 74 is pretty good, sort of reasonable all-around with great depression and a good gun. The Ikv 65 isn't nearly as bad as goons make it out to be; if anything it feels like a Hellcat without a turret. It's got a great gun and speed, and has been working for me.

I ran into Tazilon today; it's been awhile. He was not driving the VK2801, a fact that I felt I needed to screenshot as proof:

During the match I remarked about this, and pubbies asked me why I was commenting on him. I said that most of his 82k battles are in a tank that he miraculously was not driving at the moment; I told them that he probably has 60k battles in the VK2801. Look it up for yourself to see how close I was. ;)

I found this bot a week ago:

Notice not his winrate or WN8, but his total battles and average damage per battle of 42. :stare:

He apparently bots the 3001P for some reason. :shrug: Please report this shitlord.

Here's another bot, with a name that you wouldn't quite think Wargaming should approve of:

I've been using that Map Rotation mod, the one that tracks which maps you've played. It's pretty interesting, and the results are surprising:

Those are results across a day or two, and admittedly across several tiers, typically from 4-9. Nevertheless, the actual map rotation isn't as...limited as we normally complain. The 3rd image is from the past two days, and it's a little skewed because I've since turned on Assault as previously mentioned so Sand River and Karelia come up more often due to that.

Friday was fantastic, I won about 84% of my games. Saturday was less productive; at one point we'd lost at least 8-9 in a row (often with me doing top damage, which should tell you how trash the teams were) and I disbanded the platoon in frustration (because it simply wasn't working.) My next game was cathartic in the AC48:

http://wotreplays.eu/site/3297668?secret=32096e0ac00a7665211f2e49e576c542

That was the second-to-last match in it, and the following one was not half bad either. Now I've finally unlocked the Foch, and as a word of advice the AC48 is almost played better as an assault gun; it's fast, the gun is finicky at range, and although the armor is also unreliable, the vehicle is often very effective when charging at panicking pubbies. It's sure as hell not a keeper though.

Duzzy Funlop posted:

Damnit, wargaming, just give me my loving huge 8 meter naval gun with fun HE rounds.

worldofwarships.com

Hellsau posted:

Artillery still has the 500ish meter draw distance limit. If you're in arti view 600m away WoT doesn't render tanks near you because Wargaming.

Are you loving kidding me? :doh:

E Equals MC Hammer posted:

Wonder if its worth it to multibox artillery to get that referral crap done...

Just create a new account and do it yourself.

Also, did you even check to make sure you're eligible? Your account had to be active within a certain time period.

Oh yeah, there's some dude who does it for cash on eBay if you're really lazy.

Hellsau posted:

Note that Wargaming does not appreciate more than one login from a specific IP and will ban you readily for doing it, but just say it's you and Atomizer's brother playing on two different computers and you'll be fine if you're not doing anything too suspicious. Atomizer's brother really gets around, he just loves making new referral accounts.

Unless this has changed in the past year or two, the problem isn't multiple connections from one IP address; I used to play with at least one of my brothers simultaneously, and 4-5 years ago my other brother played as well, so there might have been 3 of us all playing from the same house.

Mr.48 posted:

It's a free tier 8 tank, and I'm pretty sure it's more rare than the Type 59. :shrug:

Elusif
Jun 9, 2008

What do you mean about eligible?

HFX
Nov 29, 2004

Ensign Expendable posted:

PzIII Ausf A

Queue: PzIII Ausf. B through D, SR tanks, Soviet tractor tanks, HTZ-16, Char B1 bis, Char B1 ter

Available for request:

T2E1 Light Tank
M3A1
Combat Car M1
M10 Wolverine NEW

A1E1 Independent
Infantry Tank Mk.I

LTP
T-37 with ShKAS
ZIK-20
T-12 and T-24
SG-122
45 mm M-42 gun
02SS Aerosan
SU-76 prototype
LPP-25

L-10 and L-30
Strv m/40
Strv m/42
EMIL and KRV
Strv 103

37 mm anti-tank gun

SR tanks

Renault NC
Renault D1
Renault R35
Renault D2
Renault R40
25 mm Hotchkiss gun

PzI Ausf. B
PzI Ausf. C
PzII Ausf. a though b
PzII Ausf. c through C
PzII trials in the USSR
Pak 97/38
Pz.Sfl.IVb
7.5 cm Pak 41
Hummel
s.FH. 18

LT vz 35
LT vz 38 NEW

Ensign, thank you for doing these. I love reading each one.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Hellsau posted:

Oh don't worry I played arti on the first Sandbox. I managed to direct hit someone with the T92 for 300 damage.

Good.

My back loving hurts so god drat much.

BadLlama fucked around with this message at 18:49 on Jan 29, 2017

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

Atomizer posted:

I have unlocked both of the tier 6 Swedes. The Strv 74 is pretty good, sort of reasonable all-around with great depression and a good gun. The Ikv 65 isn't nearly as bad as goons make it out to be; if anything it feels like a Hellcat without a turret. It's got a great gun and speed, and has been working for me.

I ran into Tazilon today; it's been awhile. He was not driving the VK2801, a fact that I felt I needed to screenshot as proof:

High-5, Israeli flag buddy

ROFLburger
Jan 12, 2006

BadLlama posted:

Good.

My back loving hurts so god drat much.

couldn't help but notice you don't have any TKs on the scoreboard :colbert:

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

ROFLburger posted:

couldn't help but notice you don't have any TKs on the scoreboard :colbert:

the ISU only carries 20 shells, man

Ensign Expendable
Nov 11, 2008

Pillbug
PzIII Ausf. B through D

Queue: PzIII Ausf. B through D, SR tanks, Soviet tractor tanks, HTZ-16, Char B1 bis, Char B1 ter, Strv 103, 02SS Aerosan

Available for request:

T2E1 Light Tank
M3A1
Combat Car M1
M10 Wolverine NEW

A1E1 Independent
Infantry Tank Mk.I

LTP
T-37 with ShKAS
ZIK-20
T-12 and T-24
SG-122
45 mm M-42 gun
SU-76 prototype
LPP-25

L-10 and L-30
Strv m/40
Strv m/42
EMIL and KRV

37 mm anti-tank gun

SR tanks

Renault NC
Renault D1
Renault R35
Renault D2
Renault R40
25 mm Hotchkiss gun

PzI Ausf. B
PzI Ausf. C
PzII Ausf. a though b
PzII Ausf. c through C
PzII trials in the USSR
Pak 97/38
Pz.Sfl.IVb
7.5 cm Pak 41
Hummel
s.FH. 18

LT vz 35
LT vz 38 NEW

Michaellaneous
Oct 30, 2013

Ensign Expendable posted:

PzIII Ausf. B through D

Queue: PzIII Ausf. B through D, SR tanks, Soviet tractor tanks, HTZ-16, Char B1 bis, Char B1 ter, Strv 103, 02SS Aerosan

Available for request:

T2E1 Light Tank
M3A1
Combat Car M1
M10 Wolverine NEW

A1E1 Independent
Infantry Tank Mk.I

LTP
T-37 with ShKAS
ZIK-20
T-12 and T-24
SG-122
45 mm M-42 gun
SU-76 prototype
LPP-25

L-10 and L-30
Strv m/40
Strv m/42
EMIL and KRV

37 mm anti-tank gun

SR tanks

Renault NC
Renault D1
Renault R35
Renault D2
Renault R40
25 mm Hotchkiss gun

PzI Ausf. B
PzI Ausf. C
PzII Ausf. a though b
PzII Ausf. c through C
PzII trials in the USSR
Pak 97/38
Pz.Sfl.IVb
7.5 cm Pak 41
Hummel
s.FH. 18

LT vz 35
LT vz 38 NEW

Deffo the Emil.

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

I don't know what's it called, I just know the sound it makes when it takes a J4G's life. :parrot: :parrot: :parrot: :parrot:

Mr.48 posted:

It was when it first came out but got buffed decently last May-ish. Here's one of a bunch of replays you can find around- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ij4xpKNTPyY

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

warcrimes posted:

It was when it first came out but got buffed decently last May-ish. Here's one of a bunch of replays you can find around- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ij4xpKNTPyY

That's not exactly a match I would call representative of a tank's overall performance.
Also: Fourty. Two. Rounds. Of. Heat. That's what, 170 grand in premium rounds in a match where he's top-tier? :stare:

And what did they buff? 180 ap pen with a 250 pen HEAT round seems a little lackluster for tier 8...the depression, turret armor, and mobility seem to be good, though.

Fat Jesus
Jul 13, 2011

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2023

Atomizer posted:

Friday was fantastic, I won about 84% of my games. Saturday was less productive; at one point we'd lost at least 8-9 in a row (often with me doing top damage, which should tell you how trash the teams were) and I disbanded the platoon in frustration (because it simply wasn't working.)

we lost 11 straight, and after the plat died I lost another 6 straight before getting a 0 damage win now I have ptsd

Steelion
Aug 2, 2009
That's pretty much why I haven't played in a week or two, I had several days like that in a row.

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

I don't know what's it called, I just know the sound it makes when it takes a J4G's life. :parrot: :parrot: :parrot: :parrot:

Duzzy Funlop posted:

That's not exactly a match I would call representative of a tank's overall performance.
Also: Fourty. Two. Rounds. Of. Heat. That's what, 170 grand in premium rounds in a match where he's top-tier? :stare:

And what did they buff? 180 ap pen with a 250 pen HEAT round seems a little lackluster for tier 8...the depression, turret armor, and mobility seem to be good, though.

yeah, not the best example but there are a lot of replays showing what the tank can do now. That gun handling looks great. My point is, calling it "megatrash" is Hellsau hyperbole.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

warcrimes posted:

yeah, not the best example but there are a lot of replays showing what the tank can do now. That gun handling looks great. My point is, calling it "megatrash" is Hellsau hyperbole.

I wasn't aware it got so much buffed. It was definitely megatrash for the first year it existed since it had horrible turret armor and damage output and wasn't particularly mobile.

Skellybones
May 31, 2011

Fun Shoe

How many of these early "How do I make tank" designs do you think will make it into the game? I mean we've already got the DW, so lovely useless designs have precedent.

Ensign Expendable
Nov 11, 2008

Pillbug

Skellybones posted:

How many of these early "How do I make tank" designs do you think will make it into the game? I mean we've already got the DW, so lovely useless designs have precedent.

WG floated the idea of alternative hulls/suspensions, so if that ever gets made we might get all this crazy intermediate poo poo.

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

Hellsau posted:

I wasn't aware it got so much buffed. It was definitely megatrash for the first year it existed since it had horrible turret armor and damage output and wasn't particularly mobile.

Fair enough. Isn't fast but decently nimble and i love my hill fighters, especially with sweet gun handling.

Tindahbawx
Oct 14, 2011

You guys have a Discord for this game?

Got tired of War Thunder Tanks, figured I may as well give this a blast again.

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

Tindahbawx posted:

You guys have a Discord for this game?

Got tired of War Thunder Tanks, figured I may as well give this a blast again.

https://discord.gg/hbyq6DH

Anime_Otaku
Dec 6, 2009
I'm a console scrub player, I don't know if any others frequent this thread since the console one was closed but I may as well put this here:
Patch 3.5 is coming and the main things we're getting a new physics engine upgrade to allow tanks to do handbrake turns (but not TDs and SPGs they can only use the handbrake to lock the tracks as an emergency brake). There's also two new variant maps, South Coast Rain and El Halluf War! and finally an updated tactical map that shows things like view range. There's also a thing to remove the garage UI so you can take screenshots along with a bunch of the usual model updates and map tweaks.

WoT Console patch announcement and notes: https://console.worldoftanks.com/en/news/announcements/update_3-5-overview/

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
Is the M4 improved any good?

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

MariusLecter posted:

Is the M4 improved any good?

It's a perfectly reasonable tank with pref matchmaking, that just happens to see tier sevens with a laughably inadequate gun. 92/127 pen at tier 5 without the large HP boost that the T14 gets. Do not buy it.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

On February 6th something that has never happened before in World of Tanks will happen: The G.W. E 100 is the On Track.

Barry
Aug 1, 2003

Hardened Criminal
http://worldoftanks.com/en/news/game-events/february-overview/

Patriot and Liberte will be back in the shop as well.

HFX
Nov 29, 2004

Hellsau posted:

It's a perfectly reasonable tank with pref matchmaking, that just happens to see tier sevens with a laughably inadequate gun. 92/127 pen at tier 5 without the large HP boost that the T14 gets. Do not buy it.

I just looked it up on tanks.gg. It looks mostly like a slightly more mobile beta Sherman. While I don't mind taking out my beta Sherman from time to time, I would not pay money for such a crappy tank.

McGavin posted:

On February 6th something that has never happened before in World of Tanks will happen: The G.W. E 100 is the On Track.

Well at least that line dies after the GW Panther. If I sold my GW panther, I might look at picking it up again. However, everything past it is ranges from mediocre to awful. At least the Russians get the 261 at the end for the suffering of the 212.

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

i enjoy my GWE 100. it gets way more poo poo than it deserves

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Barry posted:

http://worldoftanks.com/en/news/game-events/february-overview/

Patriot and Liberte will be back in the shop as well.

Are either of those good (as in more worth it than the 50t or t34) for credit making?

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

Azhais posted:

Are either of those good (as in more worth it than the 50t or t34) for credit making?

They're both good although I prefer the Trump because it fits my style better, the e5 is basically a heavy pershing. The Liberte is heavily armored in the front although the cupola is conspicuously weak. The e5 will bully the poo poo out of same tier tanks and 9 mediums- the strong turret allows it to murder people while hull down. They both also supposedly have boosted credit making and it seems that it does although I can't cite any official sources.

I love my T26e5 and can't recommend it strongly enough.

Strike Anywhere
Oct 3, 2006
I love the smell of sulfur in the morning...

warcrimes posted:

They're both good although I prefer the Trump because it fits my style better, the e5 is basically a heavy pershing. The Liberte is heavily armored in the front although the cupola is conspicuously weak. The e5 will bully the poo poo out of same tier tanks and 9 mediums- the strong turret allows it to murder people while hull down. They both also supposedly have boosted credit making and it seems that it does although I can't cite any official sources.

I too like my trump tank. It has better pen than some of my tier 9 mediums and can bully with the best of 'em. I'd say that it's my most effective and fun tier 8 on average, for me. I used to have other favorite 8s but the armor/pen creep has made me keep those in the stable.

Barry
Aug 1, 2003

Hardened Criminal

Azhais posted:

FWIW, vbaddict shows that the Patriot has the best net credits/minute in the game.

Atomizer
Jun 24, 2007

E Equals MC Hammer posted:

What do you mean about eligible?

http://worldoftanks.com/en/content/guide/general/recruitment/

It looks like the recruitment program is less restrictive than I remembered; as long as you meet the battles & activity requirements you should be fine, so you can probably disregard what I said.

Duzzy Funlop posted:

High-5, Israeli flag buddy

:hfive: Yeah, the Iraqi, Syrian, Chinese, etc. flags weren't "working" for me. :)

HFX posted:

I just looked it up on tanks.gg. It looks mostly like a slightly more mobile beta Sherman. While I don't mind taking out my beta Sherman from time to time, I would not pay money for such a crappy tank.

Well at least that line dies after the GW Panther. If I sold my GW panther, I might look at picking it up again. However, everything past it is ranges from mediocre to awful. At least the Russians get the 261 at the end for the suffering of the 212.

The M4i is apparently pretty fast in a straight line, for what that's worth (nothing.)

The on-tracks are useful to me; looks like I'll be able to get the GWTP and 263 on sale! :toot:

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

warcrimes posted:

I was wondering about that. That was kind of my goal to get there given I love the T26E4 except for the poo poo speed. Nothing makes me smile more than when Scorpions are bouncing shells off it while I'm pounding the gently caress out of'em

Comrade_Canada
Jan 24, 2014

Azhais posted:

IMO both of these are better choices than the T34 and the 50t if you're alright with regular MM tanks (granted both of these can stomp on same tier tanks and hold their own against higher tiers if played properly), id recomment the T26e5 over the Amx49 though

t26e5 is basically a faster Super Pershing without the riot shield armor but with a much better gun; it has 230 base pen and 260 gold, coupled with 240 alpha dmg, High RoF and cheap shells means that it can print credits better than a Type59. Hull armor is meh and will get penned by ~200 pen guns but the turret is T32 strong.
A more forgiving tank to play than the Amx49

the Amx is a different tank altogether. Somewhat fast for a heavy, 232 base pen and 260 gold with 300 alpha means it hits harder and the alpha difference becomes more noticeable in higher tier matches. Excellent front armor, garbage side and back, good turret and gun depression, but meh gun handling. lower rate of fire and higher shell cost, but seems to be compensated by a good credit earning coefficient somewhat more difficult to play due to the size and armor scheme, and the cupola is more reliably penned when hull down compared to the T26e5. Also a much larger arty magnet

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HFX
Nov 29, 2004

Comrade_Canada posted:

the Amx is a different tank altogether. Somewhat fast for a heavy, 232 base pen and 260 gold with 300 alpha means it hits harder and the alpha difference becomes more noticeable in higher tier matches. Excellent front armor, garbage side and back, good turret and gun depression, but meh gun handling. lower rate of fire and higher shell cost, but seems to be compensated by a good credit earning coefficient somewhat more difficult to play due to the size and armor scheme, and the cupola is more reliably penned when hull down compared to the T26e5. Also a much larger arty magnet

To figure out if you want an AMX:

Do you know how to play a Tiger II well? If so, the AMX is for you because it is better in almost every way.