Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

Cease to Hope posted:

is there a good way to get vulnerability from gear available to and suitable for phoenix jean grey? because she doesn't get vuln on any of her powers, so far as I can tell.
"Having Falcon-Cap or Arachne as your team-up" if that counts as gear.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Toshimo posted:

Anyone have a summoner Doom build to share?

Pierce the Veil / Worthless Cretin / Unthinkable / Latverian Air Defense / Latverian War Drums / Technical Tyrant / Impending Doom / Channeled Torment

You Cannot Run / Eternal Guardians / Deploy Doombots / Magic Supreme / Doom's Legions

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011

Chernobyl Peace Prize posted:

"Having Falcon-Cap or Arachne as your team-up" if that counts as gear.

I was hoping to avoid having to hoard shards for either of those.

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

Good news friends, Doomsaw+Shades works for Nightcrawler too. You have to use a bunch of Flourish powers, your talent lineup looks like you're a dumb rear end in a top hat, and your aoe is nonexistent but you fill the screen with red numbers and have decent survivability because you're constantly in and out of stealth with a deflect buff + things are dead. It's stupid.

e:
Here is the dumbest-rear end poo poo

You get a bunch of +% sword power damage, and when you're stealthed your Flourishes autocrit and gain 25% damage. Also your sig autocrits and gives you concealment (unbreakable stealth) for 5 seconds. And your Flourish powers get +75% damage, -100% cost after using a Teleport. Your "dash" already has 5 charges and gives you 1.5s of stealth on use, and is a teleport.

Rotation: Alternate Bamf! and a Flourish power. Sabre Storm refreshes your other Flourish powers so use it last. Throw some Righteous Frenzy charges in when you're bored, same with Blink Strike. Sig when everything's up and keep teleporting, even though you're concealed, because that 75% damage boost is Killer.

You can probably swap out your t2 choice for the far-right one (stacking dodge/damage buff on teleport power use) but since I'm not seeing a UI element for tracking it right now, gently caress it.
And the artifacts could do better too but, with the damage this is doing already, What Ev Er.

Chernobyl Peace Prize fucked around with this message at 22:57 on Jan 30, 2017

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011

Good news friends, Doomsaw+Shades works for Nightcrawler too. You have to use a bunch of Flourish powers, your talent lineup looks like you're a dumb rear end in a top hat, and your aoe is nonexistent but you fill the screen with red numbers and have decent survivability because you're constantly in and out of stealth with a deflect buff + things are dead. It's stupid.

What's the build?

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

Cease to Hope posted:

What's the build?
Just added it! It's dumb. So dumb.

Ghost of Starman
Mar 9, 2008

cl_gibcount 9999 posted:

what's the problem? are you dying to her or running out of time?

First one, then t'other.

Specifically, I went in with an untested all-Ranged build by accident, which seemed to be doing fine until I suddenly realized there was a time limit and I'd passed it. :(
Then I switched back to my Melee set-up, and got owned by Madame Cobra (~90% of the time), swarms of goons (5%), or ran out time again (5%) over the course of about 20 attempts. I've tried mixing and matching a lot of feats and powers, but I'm hoping someone has suggestions for something I might be missing.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord

Ghost of Starman posted:

First one, then t'other.

Specifically, I went in with an untested all-Ranged build by accident, which seemed to be doing fine until I suddenly realized there was a time limit and I'd passed it. :(
Then I switched back to my Melee set-up, and got owned by Madame Cobra (~90% of the time), swarms of goons (5%), or ran out time again (5%) over the course of about 20 attempts. I've tried mixing and matching a lot of feats and powers, but I'm hoping someone has suggestions for something I might be missing.

Post your items, especially your core.

malhavok
Jan 18, 2013

Enola Gay-For-Pay posted:

So I have a big pile of GoKs, should I trade them for something else before cosmic artifacts happen

If so what's worth trying to get?

The only thing that seems likely to hold its value is blessings.

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011

Just added it! It's dumb. So dumb.

Looks good.

One bit of advice: Take the T2 talent you're skipping, the stacking buff. Righteous Frenzy's big purple farts are your UI indicator. Whenever there's less than two fart clouds up, hit Righteous Fart.

Cease to Hope fucked around with this message at 23:09 on Jan 30, 2017

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Ghost of Starman posted:

First one, then t'other.

Get pirate deadpool as a team up and let him lock everything down 1/5 of the time once he gets his ultimate ability.
Get better rolls on your gear / non combat pet. Upgrade your gear to ilevel 66 or 69. Spend what little infinity points you have too.
Get better at dodging the super telegraphed attack coming from Madame Hydra. Even easier if you are ranged.
:gitgud:

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Like a hollow-point bullet
Straight to the head
I never missed...you

Cease to Hope posted:

I was hoping to avoid having to hoard shards for either of those.
There's really no decent equipment option to render enemies vulnerable, so until Gaz remember to give Phoenix Jean a vulnerability-inducing power it's team-up or bust unfortunately.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

Get pirate deadpool as a team up and let him lock everything down 1/5 of the time once he gets his ultimate ability.
Get better rolls on your gear / non combat pet. Upgrade your gear to ilevel 66 or 69. Spend what little infinity points you have too.
Get better at dodging the super telegraphed attack coming from Madame Hydra. Even easier if you are ranged.
:gitgud:

Is it really reasonable to suggest that someone who can't yet do cosmics upgrade their gear to 66/69?

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Yes, because the 66/69 unique recipes were implemented for the exact purpose of serving as stepping stones into cosmics.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Anyone else get an "access denied" error when downloading the latest patch?

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Man I really wish I had more than two Doomsaws and one Brutal Shades right now.

Grinning Goblin
Oct 11, 2004

Jedit posted:

Anyone else get an "access denied" error when downloading the latest patch?

Prel is stepping up his game.

AzraelNewtype
Nov 9, 2004

「ブレストバーン!!」

Toshimo posted:

Is it really reasonable to suggest that someone who can't yet do cosmics upgrade their gear to 66/69?

Cosmic terminals are now almost as hard as cosmic patrols were. Cosmic patrols are now harder than they used to be. It's not reasonable to go into those without some level of the upgrades.

FranktheBank
May 14, 2007
In the beginning...the universe was created. his has been widely regarded as a bad move and has made a lot of people very angry.

McSpanky posted:

Man I really wish I had more than two Doomsaws and one Brutal Shades right now.

:dealwithit: :whatup:

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011

MMAgCh posted:

There's really no decent equipment option to render enemies vulnerable, so until Gaz remember to give Phoenix Jean a vulnerability-inducing power it's team-up or bust unfortunately.

or I could learn mental Jean I GUESS

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

u deserve diploma for sublime comedy expertise
I still can't finish prologue with Doom and now Blade is in the same boat Raft

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Like a hollow-point bullet
Straight to the head
I never missed...you
Seems like Nova is the third hero to be getting an update soon. He has a new "Force" resource on TC right now and is receiving some other changes as well.

No word on Cosmic Combo snapback yet, though at least it's being treated as a movement effect now.

Mover
Jun 30, 2008

Yeah if you do:

You do 1MM+ Bruts every 2-3 seconds and put down enough constant fire that you're always hitting and proccing something. And I could probably throw better artifacts on there too.

Have you tried this with Anti-Metal ammo? that 2.3k crit damage and 2.3k brut damage rating is looking mighty appealing, but it doesn't have much in the way of +stats.

Luceid
Jan 20, 2005

Buy some freaking medicine.

Cease to Hope posted:

or I could learn mental Jean I GUESS

if you make a totally sick build please post it in here because i want to make jean grey great again despite gaz's best attempts to stymie that

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

cl_gibcount 9999 posted:

ok can safely say now this is just absurd

super dad here can absolutely wreck everything and when gaz inevitably stealth nerfs MM signet next patch, Dad won't care and he will continue to obliterate

Hyperstatic Inducer with the micro-tesla coils probably does more dps than half the roster with this setup, all by itself

medallion is Doom, stack as much power duration as you reasonably can because it affects how long you can channel Positron Emitter, which is quite literally the laser of the gods

I just did the cosmic trial with this and it was so easy I started laughing like a maniac and almost lost, thanks for listening.

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

Mover posted:

Have you tried this with Anti-Metal ammo? that 2.3k crit damage and 2.3k brut damage rating is looking mighty appealing, but it doesn't have much in the way of +stats.
I hadn't thought of that! I'm interested in trying it, but also, Peter Quill's Element Gun getting +6 Fighting is a stupid amount of raw stat.

Will report back after I get tired of this "cackling like an idiot and murdering everything and having almost pre-update levels of mobility" NC build.

ransome
Dec 27, 2012

Cosmic, Baby!
https://twitter.com/Asros/status/826289279479341056

https://twitter.com/Asros/status/826289518688940032

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

Good changes. What are they doing about all the non-functioning cosmic terminal achievements.

And can Asros change his goddamn twitter pic.

I AM THE MOON
Dec 21, 2012

yoiu shopuld link all his tweets about the president

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

#otherkin4trumplestiltskin

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

I AM THE MOON posted:

yoiu shopuld link all his tweets about the president

oh jesus christ

bring back [whoever the item guy was before asros I don't remember]

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Nah.

Midnightghoul
Oct 1, 2003

COME ON DON'T BE SCURRED
Well at least now we know why Kamala Khan isn't playable

Grinning Goblin
Oct 11, 2004

I remember checking his twitter around November to see if there was anything about MH, it was all redhat nonsense and stuff about legion. I'm afraid to see if he is really doubling down on all of this dumb poo poo now.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

Midnightghoul posted:

Well at least now we know why Kamala Khan isn't playable

Gibbering Madness
Nov 7, 2009

69 69 69 68
Furries for Trump unite!

Ghost of Starman
Mar 9, 2008

Saint Freak posted:

Post your items, especially your core.

Zigg, Taskmaster's Guide, Crossbone's Credentials, ACCoC (w/ Hela, Volstagg, Balder, Odin)
Grim Reaper medal (417 physical, 292/914 BS/BD)
Rank 4 Gungnir
Lvl 60 Uniques (except for Slot 4 with a Fighting 3, Durability 4 Aunt May's Cane [it seems to be at least as good as his Unique])
Insignia of Hulk (Att Spd / Brutal Strike)
Core is...
1.8 % less from Area damage
+186 Physical Damage Rating
Cosmic: 50% health Damage Shield
4 CDR affixes (337 + 640 + 1,112 + 1606)

Is that enough to be useful?

I got a lot closer with my latest set-up (finally got past Madame Hydra, still got owned by Skull):
Spiked Gauntlets + Combat Maneuvers + Angelwing Attack Run + Cestus Uppercut + Justice From Above + Gruesome Frenzy + Avatar Of Vengeance + Truncheon Ricochet
w/ talents 1-3-3-2-1

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011

Luceid posted:

if you make a totally sick build please post it in here because i want to make jean grey great again despite gaz's best attempts to stymie that

we'll see. I finally figured out mental Emma but she has all my good int/mental crap at the moment

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Metalshark
Feb 4, 2013

The seagull is essential.
Such unrealistic FantastiDadbod beauty standards.