Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Well regardless okafor will be guarded by cousins which will be a good opportunity for him .

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga

euphronius posted:

Looks like the Sixers are resting Embiid and showcasing okafor and Noel

They said it's related to his bone bruise and he's out this game and the next two

hitze
Aug 28, 2007
Give me a dollar. No, the twenty. This is gonna blow your mind...

:eyepop:

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Jota posted:

They said it's related to his bone bruise and he's out this game and the next two

I know . But he played fine against hou and they have been coming up with creative excuses for okafor and Holmes too.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

chunkles posted:

Microfracture surgery claims another career

That and probably coming back from surgery too early in Dallas for the Rondo playoff series vs Houston.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Scotty is a good coach

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

euphronius posted:

Don't the kings play a center next to cousins? Idk.

Yeah it's either Koufus the Doofus or WCS, both of whom are completely vestigial as part of Cousins' playstyle

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

You're a better poster than we deserve. Will you be doing the I Ching playoff predictions this year?

paternity suitor
Aug 2, 2016

Jota posted:

He has the rare knee injury known as "too many wins, stop loving around"

paternity suitor
Aug 2, 2016

So long as Embiid plays in the next Sixers game I'm going to (Knicks, by the way Sixers, if you're listening) I'm down with benching him and playing Okafor for some guarenteed L's. It's been very exciting to win and all but let's not get carried away. This team needs another high draft pick

Jack's Flow
Jun 6, 2003

Life, friends, is boring
Man, Lowry is just great.

https://twitter.com/NBACanada/status/825851989103898624/video/1

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

Sharing this with my good friends.

dokmo
Aug 27, 2006

:stat:man

Holy poo poo

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

dokmo posted:

Holy poo poo

His drugs.

I want them.

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

quote:

It must be admitted that the workman scores over both the horse and the slave, inasmuch as he enjoys the priceless blessing of Freedom. If he does not like the hirer’s conditions he need not accept them. He can refuse to work, and he can go and starve. There are no ropes on him. He is a Free man. He is the Heir of all the Ages. He enjoys perfect Liberty. He has the right to choose freely which he will do—Submit or Starve. Eat dirt, or eat nothing. […]. This beautiful System is the only one possible, and the best that human wisdom can devise. May the System live forever! Cursed be those who seek to destroy the system! — Mark Cuban
lol

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP

Lowry and Derozan are the epitome of friendship ball. If you trade one away, the other will falter.

hitze
Aug 28, 2007
Give me a dollar. No, the twenty. This is gonna blow your mind...

Metapod posted:

Scotty is a good coach

I have seen the light

dokmo
Aug 27, 2006

:stat:man

If nothing else, thank you for reminding me about this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mWS9OaIXH4E

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Strawberry Panda posted:

Lowry and Derozan are the epitome of friendship ball. If you trade one away, the other will falter.

The new Mobley-Franchise

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

QFT

https://twitter.com/xylondimoff/status/826239529921216514

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

Demarcus Cousins has 46 points on 16 shots lol

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

straight up brolic posted:

Cool

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
Body bag dot zip

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

i am completely immersed in darkness
as i turn my body away from the sun

james harden looks up from his lap dance and doesn't know why

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

Only two other players have ever had 46 points or more points on 16 or less shots: Adrian Dantley and Gilbert Arenas

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga

Only two other players have ever had 46 points or more points on 16 or less shots: Adrian Dantley and Gilbert Arenas

He is unbelievable. Yet they still lost because the guards on his team are all loving garbage. What a waste of his performance.

Also Robert Covington had an awful start to the year but he's starting to get that three point percentage to start creeping back up. If he gets back to the 35% career percentage he's had from 3 combined with his fantastic defense he will be a very good role player in the league.

Jota fucked around with this message at 02:43 on Jan 31, 2017

ChickenMedium
Sep 2, 2001
Forum Veteran And Professor Emeritus of Condiment Studies
We need to send in Seal Team 6 to rescue Boogie from the Kings.

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

isn't seal team 6 like two guys now

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost
The Sixers have more wins in their last 16 games than they had all of last season.

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

i am completely immersed in darkness
as i turn my body away from the sun

isn't seal team 6 like two guys now

jesse ventura comes out of retirement for one last mission to save america

Spacebump posted:

That and probably coming back from surgery too early in Dallas for the Rondo playoff series vs Houston.

He had a very weird and compressed career arc. Won a starting spot for being a gritty hustle defender in his rookie year, went from constant pump fakes while open to being a respectable third option scorer who didn't play defense, is now an old and broken twitter punching bag at the age of 28

chunkles fucked around with this message at 02:57 on Jan 31, 2017

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

NotWearingPants posted:

The Sixers have more wins in their last 16 games than they had all of last season.
their rag tag band of misfits is playing much better than i thought they would, with or without embiid. jerami grant for ilysova is the lovely player heist trade of the season

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

https://twitter.com/BleacherReport/status/826245439389212673

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.
Apologies if this was posted before.

https://twitter.com/LuolDeng9/status/826186188650221568?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

This is the best use of the arena cam I've ever seen

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Derek Fisher out of nowhere saying he did a better job with the Knicks. No one's happy with Hornacek.

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga

NotWearingPants posted:

D'Antoni is my vote for coach of the year up to this point but Brett Brown is right after him. Great job developing the young guys and getting a team that most thought was total trash to have a pretty great stretch of basketball.

It's crazy how much the the city is suddenly actually giving a poo poo about the Sixers again.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

Tae posted:

Derek Fisher out of nowhere saying he did a better job with the Knicks. No one's happy with Hornacek.

Coaching is not the Knick's problem.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
I know a lot of people don't care about the wnba but whoa https://twitter.com/SLAMonline/status/826248304702918656

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

Amateurs, real ballers do it in the playoffs.
http://www.basketball-reference.com/boxscores/201105170DAL.html

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

Lockback posted:

Coaching is not the Knick's problem.

I mean their roster is a mess, but I'm never a fan of a coach that haphazardly changes rotations on a daily basis.

• Locked thread