Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

BJPaskoff posted:

I read that Will Wheaton tweet thread thrice and I still don't know what they're arguing about. "I didn't vote for him and he doesn't reflect my values" is a bad thing to say... because why? It doesn't go far enough? It doesn't matter because he's white?

Willy made a tweet saying he didn't like Trump.

A Muslim woman tweeted back saying tweets don't mean poo poo in the face of oppression. It's easy for a white person to sit at home saying they don't like thing, but that doesn't actually do anything to help.

Willy lost his poo poo, saying how dare you say I'm not doing anything? Why I'll tweet you into the ground for that!

Others pointed out that not only was she right, Will was being a douche about the whole thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

china bot
Sep 7, 2014

you listen HERE pal
SAY GOODBYE TO TELEPHONE SEX
Plaster Town Cop

Gorilla Salad posted:

A Muslim woman tweeted back saying tweets don't mean poo poo in the face of oppression.

Willy lost his poo poo, saying how dare you say I'm not doing anything? Why I'll tweet you into the ground for that!

Others pointed out that not only was she right, Will was being a douche about the whole thing.

and thanks to that exchange, hearts and minds finally united in defeating Trump

Phanatic
Mar 13, 2007

Please don't forget that I am an extremely racist idiot who also has terrible opinions about the Culture series.

Gorilla Salad posted:

A Muslim woman tweeted back saying tweets don't mean poo poo in the face of oppression.

And then the needle on my ironometer pegged so hard that it exploded.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Gorilla Salad posted:

doverhog
May 31, 2013

Defender of democracy and human rights 🇺🇦

Gorilla Salad posted:

A Muslim woman tweeted back saying tweets don't mean poo poo in the face of oppression. It's easy for a white person to sit at home saying they don't like thing, but that doesn't actually do anything to help.

He said none of those things? :derp:

Megera
Sep 9, 2008
*gets singled out as an example of white liberals* "Hey, that misrepresents everything I stand for?"

"DID YOU JUST DEFEND YOURSELF??!?!!"

FAROOQ
Aug 20, 2014

by Smythe
then he told everyone who's ever watch star trek to rape her iirc.

i love allies being turned on.

china bot
Sep 7, 2014

you listen HERE pal
SAY GOODBYE TO TELEPHONE SEX
Plaster Town Cop

FAROOQ posted:

then he told everyone who's ever watch star trek to rape her iirc.

i love allies being turned on.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y5qKNlcUwKs

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
How exactly was Wil the bad guy there? :psyduck: The lady used him as a specific example as someone who was okay with Trump, then when he was rightfully pissed at that, he got dogpiled

Also lmao at "the fact that you think a general tweet is targeting you is extremely telling" when she specifically not only used his name but his exact tweet how are you this dense

Astrobastard
Dec 31, 2008

Winky Face

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

Danaru posted:

How exactly was Wil the bad guy there? :psyduck: The lady used him as a specific example as someone who was okay with Trump, then when he was rightfully pissed at that, he got dogpiled

Anyone who uses twitter deserves whatever they get. It's an excellent way to bring yourself into close contact and conversation with idiots and lunatics.

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

This really sums up the Whil Wheaton debate going on

SLOSifl
Aug 10, 2002

To be fair his MJ is pretty dead on.

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

"Carbons? Purge? What are you talking about?!"

In my head that guy died the second his head hit the floor, and everyone is just so enthralled by the MJ impersonator that they just drag him away to clear the space.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Megera posted:

*gets singled out as an example of white liberals* "Hey, that misrepresents everything I stand for?"

"DID YOU JUST DEFEND YOURSELF??!?!!"

I wonder why the American left can't is impotent. :shrug:

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Look at that bystander first aid training kick in. Remember, when dealing with a potential broken neck, be sure to pick the victim up by the shoulders.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Flash Gordon Ramsay posted:

Look at that bystander first aid training kick in. Remember, when dealing with a potential broken neck, be sure to pick the victim up by the shoulders.

You're supposed to move them if there's an immediate risk. That man was risking burns by being unconscious so close to those hot dance moves.

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Solice Kirsk posted:

You're supposed to move them if there's an immediate risk. That man was risking burns by being unconscious so close to those hot dance moves.

My thoughts exactly. I fully expect him to financially compensate that MJ dancer for potentially messing up his moves.

How is Wil Wheaton the jerk in that exchange? He was pointing out he was on their side and they kept attacking hik for it.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Jastiger posted:

My thoughts exactly. I fully expect him to financially compensate that MJ dancer for potentially messing up his moves.

How is Wil Wheaton the jerk in that exchange? He was pointing out he was on their side and they kept attacking hik for it.

Because SJWs don't actually care about people, they only care about being more woke than thou.

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

whiteyfats posted:

Because SJWs don't actually care about people, they only care about being more woke than thou.

Also that person wanted money from him

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich

So are we meant to be against the sea lion here, because this comic always read as some rear end in a top hat getting whiny they can't poo poo on someone in public without being called on it.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:

poptart_fairy posted:

So are we meant to be against the sea lion here, because this comic always read as some rear end in a top hat getting whiny they can't poo poo on someone in public without being called on it.

Both sides can be wrong.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich

Outrail posted:

Both sides can be wrong.

But any implication that an argument is less than one hundred percent black and white means you subscribe to the South Park "truth is in the middle" theory, friend. :smug:

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you
Can't believe anyone would defend a sea lion.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:

poptart_fairy posted:

But any implication that an argument is less than one hundred percent black and white means you subscribe to the South Park "truth is in the middle" theory, friend. :smug:

Stop trying to Co fuse the issue. Elephant seals are the real jerks here.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

canyoneer posted:

Can't believe anyone would defend a sea lion.

Excuse me, I happen to be 1/32 sea lion and I'll have you know

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

That comic was clearly written by a penguin with an agenda.

Stex T
Mar 7, 2005

Shut the fuck up and get out. Have fun being a slave of the rich and powerful.

https://twitter.com/dannews/status/825929188192292864?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

MisterOblivious
Mar 17, 2010

by sebmojo

snergle posted:

but ska sucks?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-MkRuV0aCcI

I wanted to post the video of a few years when the lead singer of the dropkick murphies beat the poo poo out of a nazi but i can't find a workable video

You can literally type "lead singer of the dropkick murphies beat the poo poo out of a nazi" into google and it will show you the video. Or "dropkick murphies beat the poo poo out of a nazi" or even "dropkick murphies nazi." Christ, even "murphys nazi" works. I'm really curious what the hell you searched for.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QGubnoMqPxM&t=72s

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Elohssa Gib
Aug 30, 2006

Easily Amused

Did someone butter the floor?

Jamfrost
Jul 20, 2013

I'm too busy thinkin' about my baby. Oh I ain't got time for nothin' else.
Slime TrainerS
I thought he was dancing at first.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=EvMwCvbHHUY

kissekatt
Apr 20, 2005

I have tasted the fruit.

Jamfrost posted:

I thought he was dancing at first.
Michael Jackson strikes again.

Elohssa Gib
Aug 30, 2006

Easily Amused

I had almost forgotten this video, has there ever been any performance art that was actually good? It always seems to be either the Dance of the the Dunning Kruger Faeries, or someone just doing their performance ironically.

Novum
May 26, 2012

That's how we roll

Elohssa Gib posted:

I had almost forgotten this video, has there ever been any performance art that was actually good? It always seems to be either the Dance of the the Dunning Kruger Faeries, or someone just doing their performance ironically.

There does exist thought provoking performance art but to find it you would have to be open enough to look for it. Like any art really.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Elohssa Gib posted:

I think the usual response you'd get is "You just don't get it"

I once saw a performance art piece that included a girl fingering herself with hands full of Spaghetti-O's and making weird noises. Everyone applauded and I'm pretty sure it was because they didn't know what else to do.

Jamfrost
Jul 20, 2013

I'm too busy thinkin' about my baby. Oh I ain't got time for nothin' else.
Slime TrainerS

chitoryu12 posted:

I once saw a performance art piece that included a girl fingering herself with hands full of Spaghetti-O's and making weird noises. Everyone applauded and I'm pretty sure it was because they didn't know what else to do.

What? I used to eat those.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

chitoryu12 posted:

I think the usual response you'd get is "You just don't get it"

After a show like that, you just say "so brave" at the end so you can get out of there quick.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Jamfrost posted:

What? I used to eat those.

The Spaghetti-o's, or...