Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

McGlockenshire
Dec 16, 2005

GOLLOCKS!
From The United States also denied refuge to Jews fleeing Hitler, fearing they might be Nazis posted by freeper lowbridge

The WaPo is just trolling now, and I love it.

quote:

To: lowbridge

Really? Hmmmm not buying the MSM’s testimony on this. I’m sure people were vetted, but so what? In the time of war that is what has to be done.

3 posted on 1/29/2017, 6:28:51 AM by snarkytart

As a reminder, the EO was signed on International Holocaust Remembrance Day. Oh also freep does not understand Islamic sectarian violence.

quote:

This is just pathetic to equate even the remotest possibilities of Jews facing persecution and extinction under the Nazi Regime somehow including Nazi Sappers in the mix with what we face from LARGELY MUSLIM sappers (young men) trying to get a free ride for Jihad here in America.

How on earth can so-called ‘refugees’ who are overwhelmingly Muslim be persecuted by other muslims? This isn’t Aryan against Jew. We are supposed to believe that these peaceful and moderate ‘muslim’ refugees are persecuted? Horseshit!

Liberals. When you start putting forth your arguments about how you want to really start saving CHRISTIAN ethnic groups in Syria, et al, then I might start listening to you. But you sure as hell aren’t going to do it with just a <.5% rate of “Christian refugees.”

Go suck a egg. Deaf ears to you for your stupid sh!t analogy about a history of which you don’t know anything about.

6 posted on 1/29/2017, 6:32:25 AM by Gaffer

:psyduck:

quote:

Soros

10 posted on 1/29/2017, 6:33:15 AM by aposiopetic

:psyboom:

quote:

To: snarkytart

The Obama Admin did not check social media, where most Jihadi recruiting and radicalization happens. It’s akin to not running fingerprints from the crime scene.

13 posted on 1/29/2017, 6:33:54 AM by dirtboy

quote:

To: Gaffer

The left does not like Christians, and the ONLY reason they embrace Islamic refugees is because they’re at war with Western culture and Christianity. Something the left hates too.
Everyone is pretty much figuring this out.

Also, lets be real, it’s also a skin color thing. Yes there are white Muslims, but the over whelming majority are
“people of color” and the left, the globalists, the Stalinist —whatever you wanna call em, use race as their tool for globalism, which is now the new communism.

15 posted on 1/29/2017, 6:39:37 AM by snarkytart

quote:

Obama, the Turks, and the Saudis made the decision to overthrow Assad and in so doing recruited Al Qaeda to do the dirty work. They have killed half a million Syrians doing it, and Assad is still there.

The best way to help Syrians is to stop killing them so they can go home. This war ends the moment the Turks decide its over. With the fall of Aleppo, the expulsion of Al Qaeda from there, with the departure of Obama, the Turks have decided the game is up and have started cutting their losses. The war there is all but over. The refugees can start going home. Al Qaeda will have to look for another refuge.

All that remains is to rub out ISIS, another Obama disaster. Go after the oil convoys into Turkey, shut off their access to Turkish territory, and they will roll up nicely. Then the Iraqis can go home and rebuild.

20 posted on 1/29/2017, 6:42:55 AM by marron

quote:

To: dirtboy

Did they mention that the president was FDR?

One thing about the SJW crowd, they are so far to the left, that they even hate Roosevelt now.

22 posted on 1/29/2017, 6:44:40 AM by VanDeKoik

quote:

To: CondorFlight

There weren’t many Jewish Nazis but plenty of Jewish Communists.

25 posted on 1/29/2017, 6:47:36 AM by Lisbon1940 (No full-term Governors (at the time of election!)

Note the implicit assumption that all immigrants are terrorists.

quote:

Comparing Islamic terrorists to Jews in WWII. Can the turds in the anti-Trump national “media” go any lower?

26 posted on 1/29/2017, 6:49:02 AM by FlingWingFlyer (As long as tyranny exists, the Constitution and Bill of Right will never be "outdated" or "obsolete")

quote:

The only Jewish Nazi who immediately comes to mind is George Soros.

38 posted on 1/29/2017, 7:30:06 AM by 9YearLurker

"their" women.

quote:

To: mewzilla

And a note to the bloody comPost: Military age males who abandon their women and kids in war zones ain't likey to make great citizens.

39 posted on 1/29/2017, 7:32:41 AM by mewzilla (I'll vote for the first guy who promises to mail in his SOTU addresses.)

And then stupid poo poo happens leading to the necessity of this post.

quote:

To: bjcoop

You might want to learn what a sarcasm tag is before you start shouting "Anti-Semite!".
Pathetic & lame.

61 posted on 1/29/2017, 8:49:30 AM by Godebert (CRUZ: Born in a foreign land to a foreign father.)

and

quote:

To: mewzilla

I’ll bet you even see Nazis in your dreams. Get some professional help.

63 posted on 1/29/2017, 8:52:07 AM by Godebert (CRUZ: Born in a foreign land to a foreign father.)

I'm loving that they're just admitting it now.

quote:

The United States also denied refuge to Jews fleeing Hitler, fearing they might be Nazis

I'm really sick of the left wing pompously going on TV declaring, that when we take precautions by denying the rabble and scum of the earth to enter OUR COUNTRY, they declare "That's not who we are".

It's EXACTLY who I am!

64 posted on 1/29/2017, 8:52:36 AM by The Sons of Liberty (More in one day than 0bama did in Eight Years. Too Much Winning!!!)

quote:

The corrupt Washington Post wants us to believe that any refugee is a “Jew escaping Nazis’... it’s not true. It’s a lie - like most of the stuff they print.

73 posted on 1/29/2017, 9:59:03 AM by GOPJ (MSNBC didn't 'get' Trump or his base and drat sure don't get 'Drain the Swamp so STFU about it.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

McGlockenshire posted:

To: txhurl

These battle lines are being clearly drawn between those who want a country run by responsible, accountable government and those who simply want a government to provide everything while making all their decisions for them. I guess that sums up the main difference between the left & right today...

5 posted on 1/28/2017, 10:04:00 PM by kearnyirish2 (Affirmative action is economic warfare against white males (and therefore white families).)

This moron realizes that this is talking about national security, not their boogey man welfare department, right?

i see as always freep is ignorant of history too. All they have to do is use a google search...but then they wouldn't be in their little bubble I guess

SocketWrench fucked around with this message at 19:17 on Jan 29, 2017

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

But they can only bing search

McGlockenshire
Dec 16, 2005

GOLLOCKS!
^^^^ Verified. There's some lovely "research" in this thread here conducted with "30 seconds in bing."

From Standing only room as DFW airport protests grow posted by freeper Extremely Extreme Extremist

Something I intensely dislike about TV station websites that use a common theme and layout for the owner's national brand is that they often end up obscuring their location. This article is from WFAA channel 8, an ABC affiliate somewhere in Texas, maybe Dallas? Anyway, the article was published today, but it's about yesterday's protests, not what are sure to be today's protests over DHS/CBP still refusing to comply with court orders.

And yes, just to be very clear, we are in constitutional crisis land here.
https://twitter.com/DamonSilvers/status/825747937066115072

But freep doesn't care. Freep hates.

quote:

To: Extremely Extreme Extremist

Better order up some more flexi-cuffs. Interfering with/impeding interstate and international traffic.

2 posted on 1/29/2017, 7:08:03 AM by rktman (Enlisted in the Navy in '67 to protect folks rights to strip my rights. WTH?!)

WON'T SOMEONE THINK OF THE MURDERED BABIES!?!?!?!

quote:

This would not exactly enhance my sense of airport security.

Apparently coordinated "protests" are allowed drat near anywhere now... unless you are protesting infanticide.

3 posted on 1/29/2017, 7:09:13 AM by niteowl77 (First it was George Bush's fault, then it was the Russians' fault, now it's Donald Trump's fault.)

quote:

More Astro turf.

Soros just keeps on spending. Oh we,, he can afford it.

4 posted on 1/29/2017, 7:09:39 AM by jazminerose (Adorable Deplorable)

quote:

When you “trickle in” to baggage claim, you ARE NOT A ‘TRAVELER!’ You are a paid subversive who got bused to the part of the airport that doesn’t require you to be screened.

They chose major east cost and maybe central and west coast airports because that’s where a lot of these Muslim Jihadists enter our country. It makes sense for them to maximize the dollars they get to demonstrate with the funds that the Hillary-Soros-DNC regimes have to spend.

They cannot keep it up. It doesn’t cost Trump one damned dime, personally, but it costs them PLENTY. This is liberals’ pathetic version of shock and awe without either. They’re depending on the MSM to back them up and they’ve got their panties already in bunch competing with TRUMP-TWEETS! Winning, believe it or not.

6 posted on 1/29/2017, 7:13:06 AM by Gaffer

... because it didn't end up catching people mid-flight therefore requring inidefinite detention?

quote:

Obama refused entry to Christians fleeing ISIS, and these nimrods said *not one word*.

7 posted on 1/29/2017, 7:14:23 AM by marron

On how everyone should be arrested,

quote:

To: rktman

Exactly! They need to stop this nonsense or it will go on for every single policy passed by DJT.

8 posted on 1/29/2017, 7:15:16 AM by snarkytart

quote:

To: Mr. Jeeves

Actually, I look at it another way. Liberals and evil Democrat ghouls have their work cut out for them.

They cannot sustain a long term, paid campaign to fight Trump with snowflakes who don’t know how to work or pay taxes.

10 posted on 1/29/2017, 7:15:54 AM by Gaffer

quote:

To: Gaffer

The one advantage they have is that most of them don’t have a job to report to in the morning. So, yeah, they have some “free” time on their hands. Well less their stipend from some subversive georgie poorgie soros funds someplace.

11 posted on 1/29/2017, 7:17:55 AM by rktman (Enlisted in the Navy in '67 to protect folks rights to strip my rights. WTH?!)

quote:

These people are not so dumb, they’re getting PAID.

14 posted on 1/29/2017, 7:20:19 AM by snarkytart

This might actually be true to an extent.

quote:

To: niteowl77

My cousin up in Seattle sent me pictures of the protest at the Seattle-Tacoma Airport. C’mon, all these spontaneous protests at airports around the country at the same time are definitely coordinated. This is the next four years. The left wants its power back and will send its brainwashed minions out to the streets to protest everything this administration does. The more they protest the more I see someone in the midwest and the Rust Belt asking themselves how are all these clowns helping me to find work again and get back on my feet financially? They see the president talking to industry CEOs and labor leaders wanting to get Americans back to work. Meanwhile, they see a bunch of crybaby snowflake lefties marching and protesting who care about the rest of the world than their own country! The Democrats are in deeper trouble than they want to admit.

16 posted on 1/29/2017, 7:22:00 AM by dowcaet

quote:

WAY too many Muslims in the Dallas/Ft. Worth area. The imams can just whistle at their Friday prayers and get a mob together for their frequent grievance demonstrations. Remember “Clock Boy”? Their children are being trained to be a subversive group for the coming generations. How stupid of us to have accepted the first few hundred. They are always the tip of the spear for Islam.

21 posted on 1/29/2017, 7:31:05 AM by txrefugee

quote:

To: All

If we are going to rescue all of Western Civilization, a drone strike on Soros and his would be successors must be one of the first priorities.

24 posted on 1/29/2017, 7:34:40 AM by Maverick68

:stonk:

quote:

A few thousand idiots are destroying so much of America. It will stop soon when the Patriots take over and smash heads. Police will not do it and it will be up to real Americans. Civil war on protesters is on it’s way.

25 posted on 1/29/2017, 7:35:04 AM by Logical me

Didn't even look at the pictures.

quote:

Usual leftist media agenda driven “reporting”. Standing room only, my rear end.

26 posted on 1/29/2017, 7:35:12 AM by TADSLOS (Reset Underway!)

quote:

I think any protester who is arrested should have any public assistance they are receiving taken away from them.....including student loans.

30 posted on 1/29/2017, 7:43:16 AM by liberalh8ter (The only difference between flash mob 'urban yutes' and U.S. politicians is the hoodies.)

Ah yes, that's the stuff.

quote:

To: dowcaet

The more they protest the more I see someone in the midwest and the Rust Belt asking themselves how are all these clowns helping me to find work again and get back on my feet financially?

I'm one of those midwesterners watching all this crap with a jaundiced eye. I see a bunch of assholes demanding everyone else enable their particular hobbyhorses while I have watched my retirement plans whittled away, my purchasing power reduced, my core values belittled and my freedom of association, speech, and thought gaveled down.

Yeah, shouting, fist-waving, threatening and "community organizing" is going to get me into a reflective mood about how I should really embrace the "un-assimilate-able" who hate my guts.

36 posted on 1/29/2017, 7:47:40 AM by niteowl77 (First it was George Bush's fault, then it was the Russians' fault, now it's Donald Trump's fault.)

quote:

Multi-culturalism does not work and we have let a lot of people who hate this country in. It’s only a matter of time, but President Trump has bought us time for the upcoming war.

37 posted on 1/29/2017, 7:48:19 AM by VermithraxPejorative

quote:

To: BunnySlippers

I do not believe this group is paid at all.

Everything the left does is astro-turfed. The media just censors the fact.

38 posted on 1/29/2017, 7:48:28 AM by RedWulf (TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP!)

quote:

According to another thread this is highly organized and paid for by CAIR. Notice this is the first time Hitlery spoke out, of course. She knows who pays her bills.

This has been planned for awhile I’m sure. They knew what Trump was going to do. he will not bow to these extremists. They constantly are on display for who they are.

40 posted on 1/29/2017, 7:49:19 AM by snarkytart

quote:

I am sorry, but I cannot believe these protests are impromptu.

We are truly up against the wall of liberal fascism.
Their insanity over what is essentially an executive order, to enforce the law from the 0bama administration, leaves me wondering what has happened to us.

42 posted on 1/29/2017, 7:50:45 AM by EBH (As for me and my house, we will serve the Lord.)

quote:

Exactly. What’s the issue here? Remove them immediately and charge them with national security violations. Hell, the pat down little old ladies.

59 posted on 1/29/2017, 8:05:24 AM by LS ("Castles Made of Sand, Fall in the 4Sea . . . Eventually" (Hendrix))

On discussions among the left that a military coup may be plausible if Trump orders unethical actions,

quote:

To: siberianheat

That so funny. If WE couldn’t engineer a military coup over the last 8 years, why in the world do they think one could be done now? They have so many symps in the all pink military now that the WACs are going to take over?

60 posted on 1/29/2017, 8:05:33 AM by ichabod1 (The Wise Cracker)

Finally, loving finally, a 2000 regdate freeper shows up with actual facts... but check out that last paragraph, it's a trip.

quote:

Everybody should settle down. Trump issued an EO with significant adverse consequences for foreign travelers, and he did so without prior notification. The order was also overbroad, affecting people with valid visas and green cards who had traveled in good faith, believing that their U.S. legal documents were worth the paper they were printed on. This was an unforced error.

I understand that The Donald does not like to admit mistakes, and that his first reaction is to double down. This situation is an early test of whether he can resist that very dangerous impulse. I presume that no more than a few hundred people with valid papers are being caught in transit. If so, the thing to do is to get them cleared as quickly as possible so that they can complete their trips. Then tighten up the EO so that this does not happen again.

I am entirely in favor of reducing total numbers of legal immigrants, effectively controlling the borders against illegals, policing visa overstays, and heightened scrutiny of people named Mohammed. Etc., etc., etc. But policy changes should be prospective, not retroactive. The people involved in this situation have LEGAL U.S. papers. Those should be honored absent any negative information about particular individuals.

We have a war to win. Change the policy going forward. That is the whole ballgame. We jeopardize the main project by wrong-footing ourselves regarding a few dozen or a few hundred innocent people with, again, LEGAL papers who got caught in transit.

An overbroad EO has created an entirely needless controversy. Unforced error.

Or we can double down, and triple down, and quadruple down. Heck, my earliest traceable ancestor on These Sacred Shores arrived in 1653, as an indentured servant. I would probably make the cut, although if Fauxahontas sets herself up as judge, I might be too recent an arrival as well. How far back do people here really want to go if we start canceling legally obtained status? Don't forget that Donald himself is the son of an immigrant on one side, and the grandson of immigrants on the other. His American roots are pretty shallow. (Ted Cruz, whose native-born status he challenged, can trace family in America back to the 18th century.) Heck yes, let's get out a big eraser, say legal status can be arbitrarily canceled, and chop away. This could be fun.

78 posted on 1/29/2017, 9:02:16 AM by sphinx

This is the only reply to the fact check.

quote:

To: sphinx

IF the damned SOB Jihadist “immigrants” don’t abandon
BLOWING US UP and RUNNING US OVER IN SEMIS or shooting
us with MACHINE GUNS, they’re going to face a lot worse
things than “inconvenient” delays at the airport. Can
YOU get through to them? Words didn’t do it for us; it
MIGHT for you.

82 posted on 1/29/2017, 9:25:59 AM by Twinkie (John 3:16.)

change my name
Aug 27, 2007

Legends die but anime is forever.

RIP The Lost Otakus.

The only good constitutional crisis is my constitutional crisis

kartikeya
Mar 17, 2009

Keeshhound posted:

Wait, did someone seriously photoshop a video game poster?

This is not the first time I've seen that specific image used unironically, but I admit it's the first time with Trump's head on it.

kik2dagroin
Mar 23, 2007

Use the anger. Use it.
Having been an observer of freep for a few years now I can't say I'm surprised with how quickly they are cheering on a literal authoritarian takeover of American political institutions without any further anyalysis outside of "Republicans are good and patriotic!". It's just... something to see and have to personally endure :stare:

This ban directly hit someone I know, and could potentially affect a close friend of my mom's (both are of Iranian descent). And freep loves it, because it doesn't directly affect anyone they know because they're insular white xenophobes. The very fact that freep is happy means this country is hosed up.

Damnit, we need them to be miserable again. That's really the only bellwether I can trust as to the direction of this country. Make Freep Angry Again!

Keeshhound
Jan 14, 2010

Mad Duck Swagger

kik2dagroin posted:

This ban directly hit someone I know, and could potentially affect a close friend of my mom's (both are of Iranian descent). And freep loves it, because it doesn't directly affect anyone they know because they're insular white xenophobes. The very fact that freep is happy means this country is hosed up.

I'm sorry to hear that dude, I hope things work out.

Of course, if anyone on freep did have friends of a different ethnicity or nationality, well... one would hope they wouldn't be on freep.

McGlockenshire
Dec 16, 2005

GOLLOCKS!

kik2dagroin posted:

The very fact that freep is happy means this country is hosed up.

I know we just got a new thread title not that long ago, but this is almost as good as it gets.

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

kik2dagroin posted:

It's just... something to see and have to personally endure :stare:

2016 we got on the bike

2017 the journey begins

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

McGlockenshire posted:

A few thousand idiots are destroying so much of America. It will stop soon when the Patriots take over and smash heads. Police will not do it and it will be up to real Americans. Civil war on protesters is on it’s way.

25 posted on 1/29/2017, 7:35:04 AM by Logical me

A few thousand? You know there are world wide protests going on repeatedly since the 20th, right? Our current president is that hated that protests have sparked all over the globe

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

There's a few thousand republican politicians right?

Stinky Wizzleteats
Nov 26, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 6 days!

Keeshhound posted:

I'm sorry to hear that dude, I hope things work out.

Of course, if anyone on freep did have friends of a different ethnicity or nationality, well... one would hope they wouldn't be on freep.

I have a thought experiment for you. Everyone who reads this forum and everyone who reads freep are on opposing sides of a wide open field. We're all wearing our usernames on our shirts. No one is armed. No one else is around, but the world watches and also reads this thread and knows what kind of pieces of poo poo we're dealing with here. Convince your fellow goons not to bash the fash, preferably in a metered soliloquy, like a man for all seasons, except opposite. I, personally, would bash some of them to loving pieces. It's a wide indictment but the people we read here aren't a protected vital part of our national discourse. They're an ornamental display of the triumph of tolerance until they metastasize into fullblown nazi aids. That's what this whole threads about (and every other thread) and I think it would be cool if you defended lazmataz or savagesusie as being people you should just sit down with, go to a ballgame or something with, and calmly rationally bring around to reason, but certainly never, ever, antagonize or assault.

Anyway I just had that idea and don't mean to call you out even though that's exactly what I'm doing. Because of your feelings I'll also end by letting you know, you're not a nazi, so the next page isn't all about whether I called you one or not.

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

Stinky Wizzleteats posted:

I have a thought experiment for you. Everyone who reads this forum and everyone who reads freep are on opposing sides of a wide open field. We're all wearing our usernames on our shirts. No one is armed. No one else is around, but the world watches and also reads this thread and knows what kind of pieces of poo poo we're dealing with here. Convince your fellow goons not to bash the fash, preferably in a metered soliloquy, like a man for all seasons, except opposite. I, personally, would bash some of them to loving pieces. It's a wide indictment but the people we read here aren't a protected vital part of our national discourse. They're an ornamental display of the triumph of tolerance until they metastasize into fullblown nazi aids. That's what this whole threads about (and every other thread) and I think it would be cool if you defended lazmataz or savagesusie as being people you should just sit down with, go to a ballgame or something with, and calmly rationally bring around to reason, but certainly never, ever, antagonize or assault.

Anyway I just had that idea and don't mean to call you out even though that's exactly what I'm doing. Because of your feelings I'll also end by letting you know, you're not a nazi, so the next page isn't all about whether I called you one or not.

Freepers aren't nazis though, not as much as they are old senile fucks full of bitterness from their life decisions panning out to nothing or just rabidly insane because our health system sucks at treating people. There's a huge huge difference between these cowardly, spiteful fucks blabbing on the internet and actual nazis out displaying their hateful poo poo in public.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

SocketWrench posted:

Freepers aren't nazis though, not as much as they are old senile fucks full of bitterness from their life decisions panning out to nothing or just rabidly insane because our health system sucks at treating people. There's a huge huge difference between these cowardly, spiteful fucks blabbing on the internet and actual nazis out displaying their hateful poo poo in public.

Yeah, if someone had punched Dale Reed for his views he would have had no choice but to lie down in the street and

Oh no.

Oh no. :ohdear:

Keeshhound
Jan 14, 2010

Mad Duck Swagger

GreyjoyBastard posted:

Yeah, if someone had punched Dale Reed for his views he would have had no choice but to lie down in the street and

Oh no.

Oh no. :ohdear:

If someone tried to punch Dale Reed they'd break their hands. Don't you remember how enormous that man hate golem was?

Stinky Wizzleteats
Nov 26, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 6 days!
yeah I hesitated posting that more because in reality it would just look like a bunch of people who need to go outside more beating up the residents of a nursing home. Amend the thought experiment as needed. Perhaps the frailer freepers have champions to fight in their stead.

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

Laz isn't that old and in a just world would get the kind of tteatment he wants inflicted on refugee children.

change my name
Aug 27, 2007

RIP The Lost Otakus.

Mantis42 posted:

Laz isn't that old and in a just world would get the kind of tteatment he wants inflicted on refugee children.

Yeah Laz is like mid-20's I think, and also an actual nazi (don't forget that he wanted to gas refuge children).

Pontius Pilate
Jul 25, 2006

Crucify, Whale, Crucify

change my name posted:

Yeah Laz is like mid-20's I think, and also an actual nazi (don't forget that he wanted to gas refuge children).

He literally mentioned it in his post?

BlackIronHeart
Aug 2, 2004

The Oath Breaker's about to hit warphead nine Kaptain!

Pontius Pilate posted:

He literally mentioned it in his post?

It was a Freep thread titled 'Senate Appropriators Want $1B for Unaccompanied Illegal Immigrant Children' and his reply is the first image in the OP of this very thread.

TapTheForwardAssist
Apr 9, 2007

Pretty Little Lyres
Avoided this thread for months because I couldn't bear the expected smugness. Came back to see what Freep thinks of the Quebec mosque shooting (nothing yet?).

quote:

Thank God the patriots didn’t take their bait under the Obama Administration, as he would have sent in his people to kill us.

Oooooooh, *that's* why we didn't have violent revolts against Obama. Too smart to take the bait. Glad that clears that up.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

I would have had a beer with Dale Reed given the chance.

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Black Magic Extraordinaire

Mustached Demon posted:

I heard he was a nice guy in person so maybe if one could have had a non political discussion just about hotrods...

Pontius Pilate
Jul 25, 2006

Crucify, Whale, Crucify

BlackIronHeart posted:

It was a Freep thread titled 'Senate Appropriators Want $1B for Unaccompanied Illegal Immigrant Children' and his reply is the first image in the OP of this very thread.

Oh I'm well aware. I was responding to the person I quoted who implored the person he/she quoted to not forget about laz wanting to gas kids. But that post had already made mention of it in a slightly more oblique way?

McGlockenshire
Dec 16, 2005

GOLLOCKS!
On a list of 20 Republicans that have spoken out against (in whole or in part) the immigration EO,

quote:

To: Pinkbell

He warned the order could be used as propganda by ISIS for recruiting.

Every traitor in America uses some variation of these words. Every single one.

27 posted on 1/29/2017, 5:13:32 PM by samtheman (Trump won bigly. Trump governs bigly. His critics don't get bigly.)

Also,

quote:

To: Castigar

Every Republican in this category that goes against Trump needs to be defeated.The Democrat Party will not be happy until there is blood in the streets.If it must be so be it. I do not want it to happen. I AM 77 YEARS OF age and will volunteer to be on the front lines. My life is over but I am willing to die for those I love. The Democrats are Evil,Demon possessed. THE ATE TO SELF CENTERED AND FOLLOW George Sorts and his money.

30 posted on 1/29/2017, 5:17:48 PM by Herman Ball

On the Quebec mosque shooting, it's time to blame the victims.

quote:

To: jiggyboy

They welcomed violence.

17 posted on 1/29/2017, 6:52:21 PM by Reno89519 (Drain the Swamp is not party specific. Lyn' Ted is still a liar, Good riddance to him.)

Otherwise it's the usual.

quote:

To: soycd

If this is Islam vs. Islam, expect Trudeau’s approval ratings to drop quite a bit...and support for Trump’s position to soar.

47 posted on 1/29/2017, 7:28:06 PM by SouthernerFromTheNorth

quote:

To: SouthernerFromTheNorth

Now that 0dungheap is out, looks like the globalists have assigned Trudeau with perpetrating the false flag attacks.

51 posted on 1/29/2017, 7:40:21 PM by CivilWarBrewing (Females DESTROYED America.)

Stinky Wizzleteats
Nov 26, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 6 days!
Sit em on down, frosty beers, and a calm, disimpassioned conversation about why Muslim victims of nazis actually aren't welcoming their own deaths by existing, that'll doer.

Tias
May 25, 2008

Pictured: the patron saint of internet political arguments (probably)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund
Freepers: I am entirely in favor of [..] heightened scrutiny of people named Mohammed

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

Mustached Demon posted:

one thing about Dale, he may have been a hateful old gently caress with a hat phobia, but at least he was consistent unlike the jackasses he left behind that will 180 4 times in a single post

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

McGlockenshire posted:

To: Pinkbell

He warned the order could be used as propganda by ISIS for recruiting.

Every traitor in America uses some variation of these words. Every single one.

27 posted on 1/29/2017, 5:13:32 PM by samtheman (Trump won bigly. Trump governs bigly. His critics don't get bigly.)

US blocks Muslims from entering US, even citizens of the US. See, they hate you

Yeah, never would be propaganda....doesn't have enough child molesting pizza places in it. loving freep

Duke Igthorn
Oct 11, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Smeep posted:

It really is exhausting. I feel like I have to be vigilant constantly for new EOs, but it's not like I can do anything about it. Incredibly anxiety-inducing. Also I am worried that I keep focusing on things that affect me and not enough about everything, which may be the plan the whole time. For instance, I am in the middle of cancer treatment, with a big surgery coming up next month. After that, with the repeal of the ACA, I am well and truly hosed, for the rest of my life. If the GOP gets what it wants (why wouldn't it, they have all the power), I will be pushed into a High Risk Pool, and if it's anything like past HRPs, my premium will be double what I pay now, so a monthly payment of close to $1,000, I'll have a deductible of around $10k, and a yearly and lifetime cap. Past yearly caps (this is for anyone with insurance pre-ACA, not just HRPs) could be as low as $75,000. My surgeries so far this year will easily be in the $300,000 range. So, effectively, it's not insurance at all. Lifetime caps were usually around $1 million.

So, all that to say: I'm constantly running through scenarios by which I might live the rest of my life until I'm eligible for Medicare (more than 20+ years). But that's just my issue. Imagine I'm an employee of the EPA, or an immigrant or a refugee, etc. With everyone worried about their own "thing," he's getting away with dismantling our country.

edit: By the way, that's my "best case scenario," with the assumption that the GOP actually does keep the ban on pre-existing condition insurance exclusions. I could just not be eligible for insurance at all. This is a list of conditions (and occupations and medications and activities) insurance companies used to exclude people for:

Pre-existing Conditions and Medical Underwriting in the Individual Insurance Market Prior to the ACA

It's going to be surprisingly easy to predict the future: what is the most business friendly decision they could make. Easy: "Well, the mandate was upheld by the Supreme Court so we HAVE to keep that, thanks Obama, but all the regulations on the insurance industry kill jobs and makes it harder for the people. We're also increasing the penalties against THOSE people not having insurance to help pay for the wall. Thanks Obama."

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

SocketWrench posted:

What does the Bible really say about taking in Syrian refugees?

quote:

God told the Israelites to kill them all, or they would be trouble later...

10 posted on 1/30/2017, 6:05:32 PM by Ingtar (.)

Report: Quebec City Mosque shooter yelled, "Allahu Akbar"

quote:

Whoever did it, it was done to hit Trump if it was anti muslim.

Anyone see The Manchurian Candidate?

And YES, Canada and W Europe would give a dozen muslim lives to make Trump look bad.

If we know anything, these govts are capable of the MOST SINISTER things one can dream up.

An AK 47 in Canada? That’s no piece of cake. And Canada isn’t know for its RIGHT WING fanatics.

I had hoped for a peaceful transition to Trump’s presidency, but I fear the left is not as tolerable as we were after obama’s win.

Blood might still be spilled

Cause #### W Europe, #### Canada, #### the left in our country, #### msm, #### Mexico, #### soros and any other mother ####er who tries to defy the votes of the people of the US.

If necessary, we go medieval on their asses.

10 posted on 1/30/2017, 11:04:01 AM by dp0622 (The only thing an upper crust conservative hates more than a liberal is a middle class conservative)

quote:

Bring ‘em All in,,,

For a Target Rich Environment?

39 posted on 1/30/2017, 12:18:45 PM by Big Red Badger (UNSCANABLE in an IDIOCRACY!)

change my name
Aug 27, 2007

RIP The Lost Otakus.

Pontius Pilate posted:

Oh I'm well aware. I was responding to the person I quoted who implored the person he/she quoted to not forget about laz wanting to gas kids. But that post had already made mention of it in a slightly more oblique way?

Nah, it's something I felt like should never be overstated enough

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?

MeLKoR posted:

What does the Bible really say about taking in Syrian refugees?

Report: Quebec City Mosque shooter yelled, "Allahu Akbar"

Well thank god for that second dude saying he's tolerant because it sure as gently caress doesn't look like it.

Also gently caress you first guy for missing the point of your religion so hard, cherry picking rear end in a top hat.

stillvisions
Oct 15, 2014

I really should have come up with something better before spending five bucks on this.
Well, the Quebec Mosque shooting guy is your poster child for the Right Wing, so that means clearly he was a Machurian Candidate or a false flag. The second person initially arrested turned out to just be a witness, but he's from Morocco, so I'm guessing freep will label him the Real Shooter (tm).

http://heavy.com/news/2017/01/alexa...s-video-motive/

quote:

Friends and those who knew him online said he had extreme political beliefs, but was not known to be violent. Eric Debroise said he called police after the shooting and told them Bissonnette is “very right and (an) ultra nationalist white supremacist,” the French-language newspaper Le Journal de Quebec reports. “He really liked Trump and had a permanent discontent with the left.”

So clearly those Syrian refugees mentioned from the Trump reddit were the real killers.

TapTheForwardAssist
Apr 9, 2007

Pretty Little Lyres
Again, I see the news, and I know what Freep will say...

For the mosque shooting, multiple shooters were initially reported, but the cops now have just one suspect (and one witness who was initially a suspect), and it's a right-wing white guy.

These "false flag" folks are absolutely obsessed with every case where people say there are multiple shooters and it turns out to be one, because, y'know, it's not like panicked people in the middle of a massacre ever get confused. Initial eyewitness testimony is clearly the final word to them.

So yeah, expect Freep to be absolutely filled with "false flag" and convinced that either:
a) the Candian/Obama/etc government staged the attack to make people feel sorry for Muslims
b) the attack was Muslim-on-Muslim violence but the government is frantically doing a coverup, because it's not like the media ever reports on Muslim-on-Muslim violence worldwide
c) somehow, simultaneously both these things are true and fulfill all Freep prophecies

EDIT:

Again this is the freaky thing about "post-truth" media. *Somebody* spread out the word early that it was two specifically-named Syrian refugees, and somehow Fox named a Moroccan suspect. No idea where these things come from, but if they're making it into initial news reporting by some mysterious means, it just gives conspiracy theorists ample reason to believe that later investigations are all false.

Not to be paranoid, but is some of this just literally based on random troublemakers online seeing the news and just jumping on twitter to make up names (or take them off some website) just to stir up poo poo and get rumors going that serve their cause?

quote:

First it was three guys, then two. In the US press, it's down to one. A lot of confusion, per hoosiermama. What have you heard, OttawaFreeper? Marktwain's excerpt of an article here : "Suspect in Quebec mosque terror attack was of Moroccan origin, report shows Fox News ^ | 30 January, 2017 | Samuel Chamberlain, Ryon Gaydos, AP Posted on Mon Jan 30 08:45:22 2017 by marktwain The terror suspects were identified as Mohamed Khadir and Alexandre Bissonnette, the Canadian TV network TVA Nouvelles reported." http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/3519171/posts?page=1#1 has different names than these guys in the tweet that RayOfHope posted: RayofHope wrote: Johnny Nava ‏@JustJohnny357 1h1 hour ago More #Québec #MosqueShooting attackers were #Syria refugees Wassim Boughadou & Tarek Sakr. Which is different than what hoosiermama found here: To: All Still trying to get confirmation on this one. May be FAKE news Re: murders in mosque In Canada This is unconfirmed so take this with a grain of salt: Minister Cage ‏@I_AmAmerica 1m1 minute ago QUEBEC SHOOTERS-identified as "Bashir al-Taweed" and "Hassan Matti" both are said to be SYRIAN REFUGEES who REPORTEDLY entered last week. 437 posted on Sun Jan 29 22:45:34 2017 by hoosiermama (When you open your heart to patriotism, there is no room for prejudice.DJT) [ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 436 | View Replies | Report Abuse] http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/news/3518759 /posts?page=437#437

TapTheForwardAssist fucked around with this message at 00:07 on Jan 31, 2017

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

stillvisions posted:

Well, the Quebec Mosque shooting guy is your poster child for the Right Wing, so that means clearly he was a Machurian Candidate or a false flag. The second person initially arrested turned out to just be a witness, but he's from Morocco, so I'm guessing freep will label him the Real Shooter (tm).

http://heavy.com/news/2017/01/alexa...s-video-motive/

So clearly those Syrian refugees mentioned from the Trump reddit were the real killers.

So was Roof and we saw how they brushed him off

stillvisions
Oct 15, 2014

I really should have come up with something better before spending five bucks on this.

SocketWrench posted:

So was Roof and we saw how they brushed him off

It's always funny how freepers and worse keep talking tough about all the things they want to do to Muslims/Black people/etc., but as soon as someone actually does it, they all retreat and claim that person who did the thing they all wanted to do wasn't one of them or was framed. It'd be straight up despicable for them to respond by celebrating the shooter, but at least it'd be consistent.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

McGlockenshire posted:

Oh, you hadn't heard that one?

From White House to publish weekly list of immigrants who are charged with crimes posted by freeper Gamecock

72 point font.

Answer: NAZIS

Yes, how's stopping a mechanism used by bigots to spread fear working out?

Yes, it was routine for Nazi-supporting "journalists" to regularly publish lists of names of undesirables.

:stonklol:

There are at least two more threads as well.

Trump's fall is going to be all the more enjoyable as I look forward to reading freep each day.

Sir Tonk fucked around with this message at 03:37 on Jan 31, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
Alexandre Bissonnette: 5 Fast Facts You Need to Know

quote:

They gonna Breivik this dude, big time!

22 posted on 1/31/2017, 12:34:52 AM by pluvmantelo (Boomer Presidents:The Grifter, The Midget & The Traitor. Hoping Trump is The Boss)

:ohdear: