Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Do I want to go to a screening on Wednesday of this stupid teen romance masquerading as a sci-fi space exploration film?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x73-573aWfs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

CelticPredator posted:

yep. why i'm trying to write movies to get out of it. idgaf if they're big stuff. I just want that as my job.

Have you posted you reading your script in your Rick & Morty voice yet

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD posted:

Jury duty kicks rear end.

The movie, or the duty?

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"
I'm gonna write a really obvious course on succeeding in business and charge thousands for people to attend it by claiming I'm a business success.

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Coffee And Pie posted:

I'm gonna write a really obvious course on succeeding in business and charge thousands for people to attend it by claiming I'm a business success.
If you con enough people into attending your course, it'll be true!

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD posted:

Jury duty kicks rear end.

It gave me a massive anxiety attack when I went.

What is good about it??

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

ruddiger posted:

Have you posted you reading your script in your Rick & Morty voice yet

no but i did this

http://vocaroo.com/i/s0ilLuboR33W

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss goes 8-8

This candidate spent half his opening statement saying he doesn't have a dog but his favorite kind is German shepherds.

Death By The Blues
Oct 30, 2011
Huh, so I guess if this is the norm I won't be allowed in the states.

Sorry, if this is annoying you guys, just really agitating me.

Just had a client meeting with a guy who did just that (talk about business and property and make a poo poo ton of money on it) wanted me in there to discuss making videos, then didn't know if he wanted videos, then asked if I could help with his marketing (sure if its videos), and help with his website and administrative work (uh I run a small production company). I think maybe he wants videos?

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

You should be agitated. I'm white as gently caress and I'm p dang agitated.

I'm waiting for my buddy to get back from a trip so we can get together and make something important. If I'm gonna fight, i want to fight doing something a little more personal.

Probably gonna donate some money soon, once I get my paycheck next week.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Alfred P. Pseudonym posted:

At a city council candidate forum after spending all day at jury duty. Civic duty blows.

If the jury duty is for BS drugs or civil disobedience remember
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jury_nullification

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

I've always gotten the feeling that at least 70% of management are basically human filler that contribute nothing.

Hat Thoughts
Jul 27, 2012
Gah, just found out someone's been using my Social Security Number for who knows how long. At least they're just usin it to work...maybe theyre improvin the credit, altho maybe theyre tankin it, I have no way of knowing since im locked out of credit sites for some reason so now i got 2 reply a police report and all that
In conclusion,

Death By The Blues
Oct 30, 2011
Sorry to hear that. Get some icecream and hopefully it helps?

Do you like ice cream? More of a gelato person?

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Death By The Blues posted:

Huh, so I guess if this is the norm I won't be allowed in the states.

Sorry, if this is annoying you guys, just really agitating me.

Just had a client meeting with a guy who did just that (talk about business and property and make a poo poo ton of money on it) wanted me in there to discuss making videos, then didn't know if he wanted videos, then asked if I could help with his marketing (sure if its videos), and help with his website and administrative work (uh I run a small production company). I think maybe he wants videos?

I guarantee this guy will say something about "exposure" when you bring up monetary compensation.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Hat Thoughts posted:

Gah, just found out someone's been using my Social Security Number for who knows how long. At least they're just usin it to work...maybe theyre improvin the credit, altho maybe theyre tankin it, I have no way of knowing since im locked out of credit sites for some reason so now i got 2 reply a police report and all that
In conclusion,

That's pretty unfortunate and scary, but it could also be a lot worse. Hope things get sorted without too much incident.

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

I just got a plumber to come after a month of phone calls. The water in the sink, shower and toilet has been flowing really slowly since there was a major overhaul of the apartment buildings pipes. They fixed the sink for us a few days before Christmas and said they'd come back later for the rest but no matter how often I called no one showed up until today. And then it turned out that the toilet, which might be the original toilet from when the building was built in like 1962, isn't fixable since sometime in the passed it got a bit smashed and the previous owner fixed it himself but in the process hosed up all the connections. So we'll need to flush with a bucket until we tear this toilet out and get a new one.

also I just got engaged which is pretty neat.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Hat Thoughts posted:

In conclusion,

I felt a sense of personal invasion when I found out someone was using my Playstation account to play free games, I can't imagine what that's like.

Magic Hate Ball
May 6, 2007

ha ha ha!
you've already paid for this
Trump's a travesty. Apparently next on the plate is an executive order rolling back LGBT workplace protection. At this point I wouldn't be surprised to see slavery back by Easter.

Death By The Blues
Oct 30, 2011

Skwirl posted:

I guarantee this guy will say something about "exposure" when you bring up monetary compensation.

O it sounds like he will pay. Just uh, he doesn't want all of his videos to be done by a professional dedicated video company.

So just mentioned to him he should just hire a marketing guy that has basic filming and editing skills and hire us for the big projects that would be lead generators and draws. He seemed kind of interested in the idea, but wasn't sure. Originally, he came to us wanting only videos, then kind of sprung the entire administrative/marketing/website caveat on us.

Congrats Freudian Slipper (on the engagement not the toilet)

E: editing some of work with the guy in it, he numerously mentions that he makes 300 an hour, so uh I know he can afford it.

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

I know what you did last summer, and frankly I am displeased.

Josh Lyman posted:

Do I want to go to a screening on Wednesday of this stupid teen romance masquerading as a sci-fi space exploration film?

I think if you saw this trailer you've already seen the movie. Also it looks really bad. Gary Oldman channeling David Warner looks kind of fun though.

FreudianSlippers posted:

I've always gotten the feeling that at least 99% of management are basically human filler that contribute nothing.

Corrected for accuracy.

FreudianSlippers posted:

I've always gotten the feeling that at least 100% of management are basically human filler that contribute nothing.

Corrected for accuracy.

Magic Hate Ball posted:

Trump's a travesty. Apparently next on the plate is an executive order rolling back LGBT workplace protection. At this point I wouldn't be surprised to see slavery back by Easter.

Slavery never went away, they just disproportionately prosecute/sentence black people for minor crimes and call it "prison" now.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Congrats Freudian Slipper (on the engagement not the toilet)

E: editing some of work with the guy in it, he numerously mentions that he makes 300 an hour, so uh I know he can afford it.

get a contract before you do any work. Bragging about how much you make is classic "I make this much because I don't pay other people for work they do for me" behavior.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Speaking of Trump, I watched Ocean's 13 and it's a bit weird that Julia Roberts wasn't in it.

Also it was really boring.

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

I know what you did last summer, and frankly I am displeased.

Lurdiak posted:

Speaking of Trump, I watched Ocean's 13 and it's a bit weird that Julia Roberts wasn't in it.

Also it was really boring.

I didn't even know there was an Ocean's 13.

Carly Gay Dead Son
Aug 27, 2007

Bonus.

Josh Lyman posted:

The Fault in Our Mars.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

CPL593H posted:

I didn't even know there was an Ocean's 13.

Even putting aside how I feel about Clooney and the low stakes of the first two, it wasn't worth knowing about.

Egbert Souse
Nov 6, 2008

Magic Hate Ball posted:

But those regulations are strangling small businesses! :downs:

On the upside, this means that protest signs that say "We Are All Gay" will be popular.

Also:

https://twitter.com/satanseyebrows/status/826149998811344896

Death By The Blues
Oct 30, 2011
Apparently his next movie is "Cybersecurity". The EO got leaked and it sounds like these forums will be bare soon :(

and yea Skwirl we never do anything without a contract. Just had an off feeling about him too.

Egbert Souse
Nov 6, 2008

Apparently his next movie is "Cybersecurity". The EO got leaked and it sounds like these forums will be bare soon :(

and yea Skwirl we never do anything without a contract. Just had an off feeling about him too.

Doubtful. If the forums shut down, we'll all just shitpost on his Facebook and Twitter accounts.

Or Lowtax can ask to fight him in a boxing match

Lil Mama Im Sorry
Oct 14, 2012

I'M BACK AND I'M SCARIN' WHITE FOLKS

FreudianSlippers posted:

also I just got engaged which is pretty neat.

congrats!

Death By The Blues
Oct 30, 2011
Looks like he just fired the A.G that was stopping the Immigration Ban and uh put a temporary person in charge, while Session is waiting to be approved.

Sooo who wants to come hang out in Canada?

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Egbert Souse posted:

But those regulations are strangling small businesses! :downs:

On the upside, this means that protest signs that say "We Are All Gay" will be popular.

Also:

https://twitter.com/satanseyebrows/status/826149998811344896

Egbert Souse
Nov 6, 2008

In better news, the Boy Scouts are now allowing transgender boys to join.

Looks like he just fired the A.G that was stopping the Immigration Ban and uh put a temporary person in charge, while Session is waiting to be approved.

Sooo who wants to come hang out in Canada?

The Canadian Dollar is looking good, so...

Maybe a bunch of us CineD American refugees can share a house together?

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss goes 8-8

Extreme vetting is not extreme

Death By The Blues
Oct 30, 2011
Like I said if it gets too much and anyone gets scared and wants to get out, you will always have a place to stay at my house.

Plus, Toronto rules (hope you like food)

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

It's scary how mean and petty that statement is. Like fuckin goddamn.

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...

loving Christ did you read this it's pure gibberish!

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

If someone wants to set up an underground railroad for LGBT and Muslim Americans, lemme know if I can help. Although Montreal is probably a poo poo destination in the winter.

Death By The Blues
Oct 30, 2011
It shocks me that they haven't retaliated to the protests at all.

Seems like they are waiting (gathering data?) then just going to go hard.

Death By The Blues
Oct 30, 2011

Lurdiak posted:

If someone wants to set up an underground railroad for LGBT and Muslim Americans, lemme know if I can help. Although Montreal is probably a poo poo destination in the winter.

Actually be there in 2 weeks. Recommend me places to eat (poutine, poutine, poutine). But yes that would be a good cause. Our winter just finally started to get cold.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wyoming
Jun 7, 2010

Like a television
tuned to a dead channel.

• Locked thread