Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
The Senior Bowl QBs are utter trash

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

Benne posted:

Yeah I mean, they're guys who are on the bubble in one of the worst quarterback classes in recent memory.

Wiccan Wasteland
Oct 15, 2012

Benne posted:

Pipkin staring down that receiver on that interception was hilarious. Also the story about him showing up and being 6'0" instead of 6'2" was also really funny. I may be alone in this camp but I dont think Cooper Kupp is all that great.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
Bengals are gonna get way more than they ever should for McCarron. :getin:

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
Thoughts on the senior bowl:

- Really good WRs showed up. Particularly Zay Jones and Cooper Kupp.
- Really bad QBs showed up. Particularly all of them except Davis Webb who somehow won the MVP because he was the least lovely.
- Both defenses were really good. Lorenzo Jerome had some big plays but they were gimmes. Haason Reddick tore up the practices and also had a pretty good game. Damontae Kazee was an interesting CB that could go 2nd day now.
- Pumphrey returned punts because he's desperate to get in on this strong RB class

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
Also they should really not let John Fox around young offensive players.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Hue Jackson won and therefore I think the Browns should also get a victory

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.
Hey Doltos, I'm seeing more & more mocks connecting the Steelers to JJ Watt's little brother TJ. What's the scoop on him?

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

He plays hard-nosed football The Right Way

Shangri-Law School
Feb 19, 2013

I can't believe that Gus Bradley coached three Seniors Bowls in a row. In 2014 he coached Derek Carr and Jimmy Garoppolo, then went and drafted Bort. :laugh:

Then last year he got to coach Dak too.

PrinceRandom
Feb 26, 2013

It's funny how after a year people have moved from calling Bortles a future elite to a bust.

fan of the browns
Apr 6, 2012

my enemy...
the enemy of every human who has ever lived...
this is the life-force that watches over the Dinosaurs.
I think I want the Browns to draft Brad Kaaya and grab Tyrod in the off-season. I'd guess you'd have to grab Kaaya in the 2nd.

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

Doltos posted:

Good, because it seems the Ravens have their eyes on some of them and they always draft players from the Senior Bowl

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president
I hope the Raiders draft the next Bobby Wagner tbh

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

MY NIGGA D-LINK posted:

Hey Doltos, I'm seeing more & more mocks connecting the Steelers to JJ Watt's little brother TJ. What's the scoop on him?

Gumbel2Gumbel posted:

He plays hard-nosed football The Right Way

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

does he own a cabin in the woods

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames

Ehud posted:

Hue Jackson won and therefore I think the Browns should also get a victory

We will pass. Gotta keep that #1 pick. The last game was very tense watching with 'real' fans who would be upset if I told them I was rooting for the loss. Now we need Garret.

Also, heard the Bills want to trade up to 1, but they have the 10th pick, which is too low for my liking.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
Are we going to do the Goon Mock Draft this year?

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
If you do I'd start it now because the goon draft is the slowest moving object observable in this universe

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

Eifert Posting posted:

Bengals are gonna get way more than they ever should for McCarron. :getin:

I'm not sure what Bengals fans have seen that makes you guys think people are hot to trot for McCarron

Wiccan Wasteland
Oct 15, 2012

wandler20 posted:

Are we going to do the Goon Mock Draft this year?

Take the guard etc.

Doltos posted:

- Really bad QBs showed up. Particularly all of them except Davis Webb who somehow won the MVP because he was the least lovely.
- Both defenses were really good. Lorenzo Jerome had some big plays but they were gimmes. Haason Reddick tore up the practices and also had a pretty good game. Damontae Kazee was an interesting CB that could go 2nd day now.
- Pumphrey returned punts because he's desperate to get in on this strong RB class

Antonio Garcia is going to be really good for who ever picks him up. Dude killed it in the senior bowl.

Oh and poor Pumphrey....

Jon Ledyard posted:

Donnel Pumphrey is the loser, not because he was terrible on the field, but mainly because he checked in at 169 pounds at 5-8. He’ll get comped to Darren Sproles, which is woefully inaccurate as Sproles was 20 pounds heavier despite being two inches shorter. He was also far more electric than Pumphrey, who struggled with his vision at the line of scrimmage and at the second level, and rarely ran through contact. Pass protection drills were worse, as Pumphrey was literally run over on several occasions, showing an area of his game that is unlikely to improve much at his size. He’s got to stand out significantly as a receiver or a return man, neither of which I thought happened this week, as well as blowing up the combine to get teams to believe he’s an elite athlete worth taking a shot on late on day three.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Doltos posted:

If you do I'd start it now because the goon draft is the slowest moving object observable in this universe

Don't worry guys I'll handle the fantasy draft this year.

Excited to debate the term "fictional" and "fantasy" with kids with Aspergers

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer

Intruder posted:

I'm not sure what Bengals fans have seen that makes you guys think people are hot to trot for McCarron

A: I've seen him play, so a 7th would be ok by me.

B: Bengals turned down offers last off-season, when the QB market was better than this year.

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

Nobody move and nobody gets hurt.

Doltos posted:

Eh, I ran it last year and started about a month out from the actual draft, with a week or two of sign up time beforehand. We got through four or five rounds, I believe.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

The problem is you have to start it so far ahead of the draft that the first round can look ridiculous by the time the real draft rolls around

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Remember how good you are
Taco Defender

Intruder posted:

The problem is you have to start it so far ahead of the draft that the first round can look ridiculous by the time the real draft rolls around

Or try and power through it in like the 2 days before the draft, in which case you make it through pick 35, if you're lucky.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I still remember how Louis Nix went in the first round of the goon draft, the middle of the third round in the real draft, and never played a down of regular season football for the Texans

Wiccan Wasteland
Oct 15, 2012
https://twitter.com/JoshNorris/status/826162209436921861
https://twitter.com/QBKlass/status/826164834072948736

Josh Norris is currently breaking down Deshaun Watson vs Alabama on twitter if you want to follow.

https://twitter.com/JoshNorris/with_replies

a patagonian cavy
Jan 12, 2009

UUA CVG 230000 KZID /RM TODAY IS THE FIRST DAY OF THE BENGALS DYNASTY

Intruder posted:

well we've heard that some teams are so desperate for a QB that they'll sell the farm for a lovely backup love you intruder

a patagonian cavy fucked around with this message at 23:11 on Jan 30, 2017

extendedsolo
Oct 14, 2005

Yes, this is going to hurt.

Michael Corleone posted:

We will pass. Gotta keep that #1 pick. The last game was very tense watching with 'real' fans who would be upset if I told them I was rooting for the loss. Now we need Garret.

Also, heard the Bills want to trade up to 1, but they have the 10th pick, which is too low for my liking.

trade for this years 1st rounder and next years. It's not like they will suddenly be good.

MrLogan
Feb 4, 2004

Ask me about Derek Carr's stolen MVP awards, those dastardly refs, and, oh yeah, having the absolute worst fucking gimmick in The Football Funhouse.

Intruder posted:

I still remember how Louis Nix went in the first round of the goon draft, the middle of the third round in the real draft, and never played a down of regular season football for the Texans

Remember how we mocked whomever was running Tampa Bay for taking Robert Aguayo in the third for taking a kicker way too soon?

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Everybody looks bad against Bama. Its not like Mitch would have done any better.

Unless you're Chad Kelly

zimbomonkey
Jul 15, 2008

Tattoos? On MY black quarterback?
Why don't we just do the fantasy draft in a google doc and have a thread for discussion? What's the advantage to having the thread other than pictures?

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

zimbomonkey posted:

Why don't we just do the fantasy draft in a google doc and have a thread for discussion? What's the advantage to having the thread other than pictures?

It still takes forever

zimbomonkey
Jul 15, 2008

Tattoos? On MY black quarterback?
No doubt but it would definitely be a lower margin for error w/r/t people going out of turn or drafting the same people twice. Also way less effort for the creator

PrinceRandom
Feb 26, 2013

Intruder posted:

i loved my av of him :(

I still dunno if we have a NT for the post-Wilfork days.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Wiccan Wasteland posted:

Take the guard etc.

Antonio Garcia is going to be really good for who ever picks him up. Dude killed it in the senior bowl.

Oh and poor Pumphrey....

How is that dude so small playing college football and still alive?

You gotta think at weigh ins hed smashed some food and water to try and gain whatever weight he could for the scales too.

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
I didn't know it would be so stupid.
https://twitter.com/AFCEastBros/status/825916850735308800

Hello, Myles Garrett. Welcome to the 49ers.

(it's probably BS, but lol if the Bills are seriously thinking about it)

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

PrinceRandom posted:

i loved my av of him :(

I still dunno if we have a NT for the post-Wilfork days.

Reader looked good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kurgarra Queen
Jun 11, 2008

GIVE ME MORE
SUPER BOWL
WINS

Coldforge posted:

https://twitter.com/AFCEastBros/status/825916850735308800

Hello, Myles Garrett. Welcome to the 49ers.

(it's probably BS, but lol if the Bills are seriously thinking about it)
I swear, if we dump Tyrod and a ton of picks to move up to #1 to pick up a flawed QB prospect in a lovely draft for QBs...:smithicide:
I mean, Jesus Christ, I love Sammie Watkins, but we paid through the nose for a guy whose the 3rd or 4th best receiver from his draft class(so far). You'd think Whaley might learn something from that.

• Locked thread