Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

Oh, and another tidbit from the guy who has been very accurate with leaks:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

:siren:

quote:

Anthony Martins @black1976
I'm a big fan of Bioware & the ME series. I need to know if the aim, sprint/run... are performed by toggle, hold or both.

Ian S. Frazier ‏@tibermoon
We have options that let you set sprint, sustained powers, and aiming controls to toggle or hold based on your preference. :) Usability FTW!

If you still hump cover instead of picking up your teammate, it's because you set up your controls that way.

AngryBooch
Sep 26, 2009

marshmallow creep posted:

:siren:

If you still hump cover instead of picking up your teammate, it's because you set up your controls that way.

My understanding is cover is completely contextual and that simply being near cover will mean you're ducking behind it like in Tomb Raider or the Last of Us. So that's cool if it works!

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

Oh yeah, I forgot that characters seem to snap to cover automatically if it's applicable. If it works well, that's good.

Zakmonster
Apr 15, 2010

Pattonesque posted:

what I'm thinking is:

PeeBee: Sentinel
Cora: Vanguard
Vetra: Engineer
Liam: Infiltrator? Soldier?
Drack: Soldier? Adept?
Jaal: Adept? Infiltrator?

A bit late to the party, but Liam will most likely be a soldier. According to the stats page, his favorite ability is Havoc Strike, which is a power that was used by the Turian Havoc Soldier in ME3MP. It's kind of like Biotic Charge, but you use a jetpack instead of biotics.

So basically both Liam and Cora will be Vanguards, just different flavors of.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Give yourself biotic charge and the enemies will feel like they're in a pinball game.

JawKnee
Mar 24, 2007

You'll take the ride to leave this town along that yellow line
it's going to be a lot harder to smugly proclaim which class is superior in here without classes

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

We know the player has access to all the player abilities, but the companions may have a smaller selection based in their training and background. We don't know yet.

What I do know is Cora is voiced by Emily from Thomas the Tank Engine. I know this because my son loves that show. I can hear her chiding Ryder right now. "Ryder, where's your snow plow!?"

Enigmatic Cakelord
Jun 16, 2006

ASARI EYEBROWS

What I do know is Cora is voiced by Emily from Thomas the Tank Engine. I know this because my son loves that show. I can hear her chiding Ryder right now. "Ryder, where's your snow plow!?"

She also voiced Triss in the first Witcher.

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

'It's easier to imagine the end of the world than the end of capitalism.'
Lt. Danger, the fact that you don't have PMs enabled fills me with disappointment.

AriadneThread
Feb 17, 2011

The Devil sounds like smoke and honey. We cannot move. It is too beautiful.

We know the player has access to all the player abilities, but the companions may have a smaller selection based in their training and background. We don't know yet.

thomas got really creepy now with move to cgi, imo. good to hear there's actually a girl train now though??? i guess????

sometimes i hear a commercial and i could swear i heard the voice in a video game before and it never fails to bother me the rest of the day

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
If ME:A multiplayer has the same fun rubber banding experience that ME:3 had (and it probably will) then get yourself a distance based caster or a shotgun infiltrator. Both are very forgiving.

Engineers are the most forgiving class of all (and a default one you can play right away!) because you can just spam drones & shock and stun lock things while your team picks them apart. You'll never be a top tier heavy hitter but you can be a great force multiplier for everyone else.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

AriadneThread posted:

thomas got really creepy now with move to cgi, imo. good to hear there's actually a girl train now though??? i guess????

sometimes i hear a commercial and i could swear i heard the voice in a video game before and it never fails to bother me the rest of the day

Emily has been around for a long time, but for most of that she was the only girl train. Now that they've gotten into the CGI stuff there are more and more coming up, from Millie to Lady to Ashima to Caitlynn. Sir Topham Hat comes across as less of a jerk as they go along, too. He hasn't bricked any trains up in old tunnels lately, for one.

marktheando
Nov 4, 2006

Sir Topham Hat :rolleyes:

His name is the Fat Controller.

marktheando fucked around with this message at 14:43 on Jan 31, 2017

AriadneThread
Feb 17, 2011

The Devil sounds like smoke and honey. We cannot move. It is too beautiful.

marktheando posted:

Sir Topham Hat :rolleyes:

His name is the Fat Controller.

put the fat controller in charge of the andromeda initiative, imo

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

I just realized all the inevitable crossover fan fiction with MEA are all going to start with "the arcs went off course/flew into a wormhole in transit to Andromeda and into [insert other fictional universe here]"

Owlofcreamcheese
May 22, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
Buglord

SgtSteel91 posted:

I just realized all the inevitable crossover fan fiction with MEA are all going to start with "the arcs went off course/flew into a wormhole in transit to Andromeda and into [insert other fictional universe here]"

dragon age

BexGu
Jan 9, 2004

This fucking day....
It does open up some nice possibility through for sequels/side stories where different Alliance races go off track over the past 600 years, get weird, and show up either as a antagonist or a new species to interact with.

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004
johnny jesus and the infield fly rule

BexGu posted:

It does open up some nice possibility through for sequels/side stories where different Alliance races go off track over the past 600 years, get weird, and show up either as a antagonist or a new species to interact with.

probably what happens in a DLC or sequel is that the Milky Way races who aren't on the original Arks come steaming in as a result of running from the Reaper War, and bring with them a whole new set of problems

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

Pattonesque posted:

probably what happens in a DLC or sequel is that the Milky Way races who aren't on the original Arks come steaming in as a result of running from the Reaper War, and bring with them a whole new set of problems

It will be a modern immigration metaphor written with a hand so heavy that it could break bricks

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004

Zelder posted:

It will be a modern immigration metaphor written with a hand so heavy that it could break bricks

Wait until you realize there's, say, ten Reaper destroyers trailing them and they're also infiltrated by Cerberus*

*more so than the original Arks are

Flatscan
Mar 27, 2001

Outlaw Journalist

Pattonesque posted:

Wait until you realize there's, say, ten Reaper destroyers trailing them and they're also infiltrated by Cerberus*

*more so than the original Arks are

And they're all running away from Joker's hat, which has gained sentience and consumed all life in the milky way.

marktheando
Nov 4, 2006

If those bumbling clowns from Cerberus are involved in the Andromeda expedition, that does explain why everything goes wrong.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Give me Samara or gently caress off.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

The likelihood of an improbable ME trilogy character somehow winding up on one of these ships is almost certain.

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004

exquisite tea posted:

The likelihood of an improbable ME trilogy character somehow winding up on one of these ships is almost certain.

odds:

Liar: 100-1
EDI: 50-1
Samara: 25-1
Grunt: 10-1
Joker's hat: even

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Also should i finish ME3 with the original ending or download the happy ending from the nexus?

Owlofcreamcheese
May 22, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
Buglord

exquisite tea posted:

VI of shepard.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

DoctorGonzo posted:

Also should i finish ME3 with the original ending or download the happy ending from the nexus?

Happy ending mod is some amateur hour poo poo for dumb babies, experience the finale of ME3 as God xirself willed it.

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

Rasheed was, with Aliases, the top 7 PvPers in Bone Krew.

No one talks about this.
March is pretty far away in this current political landscape - are there any other alien loving simulators that are available now?

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

exquisite tea posted:

Happy ending mod is some amateur hour poo poo for dumb babies, experience the finale of ME3 as God xirself willed it.

I read that is pretty bad. Im mosty playing for the story.

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

DoctorGonzo posted:

The happy ending mod is just one of the endings with headcanon added into the actual game.

Just pick the Destroy the Reapers ending if you like the Happy Ending Mod

AngryBooch
Sep 26, 2009

DoctorGonzo posted:

Here's what I did: Play the ending of the game. Go back and play Citadel and pretend that's the actual end of the game. Deal with the cognitive dissonance niggling at the back of my brain for the rest of my life.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

DoctorGonzo posted:

I read that is pretty bad. Im mosty playing for the story.

The end of ME3 is kind of a total thematic failure, but it's an interesting failure, and regardless it's better than some nerd's headcanon mod so that he could keep his Shepard harem going in perpetuity.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Also pretending that Citadel is the real ending to the game is a baby bitch move also. Embrace the bad ends. It's cathartic.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

exquisite tea posted:

Also pretending that Citadel is the real ending to the game is a baby bitch move also. Embrace the bad ends. It's cathartic.

Im sorry but bad stories are not on my mind right now.

AngryBooch
Sep 26, 2009
Tell me another tale of the Shepard. Buy the DLC.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

DoctorGonzo posted:

Im sorry but bad stories are not on my mind right now.

Then don't play Mass Effect 3.

Serf
May 5, 2011

I never played Citadel. I should check it out on this run.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

The cries of the dead are terrible indeed; you should try not to hear them.
Play the ending, destroy the Reapers, be moderately surprised at how OTT the backlash was. Sombrely ponder the difficulty of satisfying turbonerds. Resolve to pay even less attention to what people say about games online.