Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

I have to go straight to bed to go across town to help out another department in the morning.
It should be fun but I need my sleep.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug
I really, really like pickled beets. They are seriously one of my favorite foods. However, they can be a tremendous pain to find unless I want to go to a store that's going to charge way more than they should (:argh: Giant Eagle :argh:). I have to stock up like crazy when I find them anywhere else for a non-terrible price. Then I feel like a doofus because I'll have like 20 jars of beets.

They're pickled so they keep forever but it just feels so weird to have an entire shelf of beets in my kitchen.

Intoluene
Jul 6, 2011

Activating self-destruct sequence!
Fun Shoe

ToxicSlurpee posted:

I really, really like pickled beets. They are seriously one of my favorite foods. However, they can be a tremendous pain to find unless I want to go to a store that's going to charge way more than they should (:argh: Giant Eagle :argh:). I have to stock up like crazy when I find them anywhere else for a non-terrible price. Then I feel like a doofus because I'll have like 20 jars of beets.

They're pickled so they keep forever but it just feels so weird to have an entire shelf of beets in my kitchen.

This in no way should be a problem for anyone. gently caress, it's hardly a burger without slices of canned beetroot on it :australia:

Bees on Wheat
Jul 18, 2007

I've never been happy

QUAIL DIVISION
Buglord
I went grocery shopping earlier, but the little Vietnamese market by my place was closed for Lunar New Year so I had to go somewhere else. The same thing happened to me last year, when I had just moved into this apartment and was trying to explore the area. :doh:

I ended up going to Safeway instead but the one nearby is one of those really small neighborhood market stores and they didn't have everything I wanted, but I still ended up spending more than I planned to.

While I was shopping I found a lucky envelope on the ground with a crisp $2 bill inside. Any normal person would be thrilled to find money, instead I just feel really guilty about not being able to return it. I even wandered around the store for a while with it in hand just in case someone came running up to me for it. Some poor kid lost their new years money, and they were probably really excited to spend it on a treat or something. :saddowns:

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

The cries of the dead are terrible indeed; you should try not to hear them.

ToxicSlurpee posted:

Making your own pickled beetroot is hella easy. I've done it several times. Plus I've never gone through the whole "seal in a jar for 2 weeks" thing suggested online which makes it seem like a hassle. Mix up a nice vinegar or use a pre-prepared one, boil your beetroots. Cut 'em up and soak 'em. Totally permeated in 24 hours, maybe even less.

Fools Infinite
Mar 21, 2006
Journeyman

Bees on Wheat posted:

I went grocery shopping earlier, but the little Vietnamese market by my place was closed for Lunar New Year so I had to go somewhere else. The same thing happened to me last year, when I had just moved into this apartment and was trying to explore the area. :doh:

I ended up going to Safeway instead but the one nearby is one of those really small neighborhood market stores and they didn't have everything I wanted, but I still ended up spending more than I planned to.

While I was shopping I found a lucky envelope on the ground with a crisp $2 bill inside. Any normal person would be thrilled to find money, instead I just feel really guilty about not being able to return it. I even wandered around the store for a while with it in hand just in case someone came running up to me for it. Some poor kid lost their new years money, and they were probably really excited to spend it on a treat or something. :saddowns:

Two bucks is like the minimum requirement for lucky money so no big loss. Sometimes you leave the two bucks in or swap real money for two bucks to keep the luck.

Also parents will "hold on" to the lucky money for "safe keeping." Or to recoup losses from money they gave out haha.

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

ToxicSlurpee posted:

There are things called boxes that you can use to store excess items, such as your pickled beets. You can even put them in a different location besides the kitchen until needed! :aaaaa:

funmanguy
Apr 20, 2006

What time is it?
Everyone who makes a pot of coffee at work makes it so god drat weak it may as well be water.

Kraps
Sep 9, 2011

This avatar was paid for by the Silent Majority.
I want to show that I'm against bigotry but I'd rather make my coffee at home.

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

Maybe if I'm busy it could keep me from you

funmanguy posted:

Everyone who makes a pot of coffee at work makes it so god drat weak it may as well be water.

Clearly you haven't worked with a French-Canadian.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

ToxicSlurpee posted:

Is there no store near you that sells beets and brine?

kreyla
Dec 31, 2008
My bed is too comfortable and I am a lazy piece of poo poo, so I sleep + loaf in bed way too much.

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

Guy Goodbody posted:

Is there no store near you that sells beets and brine?

Non-pickled beets are also sometimes hard to find. It confuses me to no end. With all the Polish and Pennsylvania Dutch people around you'd figure beets would be easy to find.

Bees on Wheat
Jul 18, 2007

I've never been happy

QUAIL DIVISION
Buglord

Fools Infinite posted:

Two bucks is like the minimum requirement for lucky money so no big loss. Sometimes you leave the two bucks in or swap real money for two bucks to keep the luck.

Also parents will "hold on" to the lucky money for "safe keeping." Or to recoup losses from money they gave out haha.

Oh, well I guess I don't feel so bad now. Anyway, it was in a bitchin' neon green Hello Kitty envelope that looks cool on my bulletin board.

My problem today is that I'm kinda cold and tired and got absolutely nothing done that I wanted/needed to do. I'm also pretty torn between wanting to do nothing all day and feeling kind of cooped up inside. A good friend of mine wants to go out and drink, but I don't want to have to put on pants and leave the house.

I also want food but don't feel like cooking it or spending money on it.

:sigh:

Yesterday I was motivated to do so many things, today I just want to sleep forever.

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.
Similarly I always get annoyed with my colleagues at the call centre I work at because often they'll go drinking on the proverbial "school night" and come in the next morning feeling like poo poo after 2 hours of sleep. Then they get the nerve to whine about it. I have no sympathy for that, I don't care if it is a saturday night, your working from 7:00am-7:00pm on the following sunday, have a loving modicum of responsibility. If you have monday and tuesday as your weekend then fine, go out on monday night instead. Treat the days you ACTUALLY HAVE OFF as a weekend, don't bitch at me for trying to chat because YOU made a stupid decision and are paying for it, and if you are going to do this at least minimise the damage. Pubs sell food in england, not the best food but better than most fast food, hell I go to pubs for the food more than anything else if I feel like an elaborate hot meal. Food absorbs the alcohol (or if I'm wrong about that it at least mitigates the effects), drink water along side it to rehydrate and mitigate the hangover. Do some damage control you idiot.

It also seems foolish that most people don't bother eating during a pub crawl, they wait until 1:00am when the only things open are Fat SAms or similar restaurants that sell greasy, salty garbage tier food that not only is sub-Macdonalds quality, it's also very salty. That'll just dehydrate you more and make the hangover worse. When I went out drinking once with work friends a few years ago, I actually got food at the first pub we went to, because I was hungry and it was about 7:00. The others actually mentioned regretting not doing the same when they saw my pie. :3:

BioEnchanted has a new favorite as of 09:28 on Feb 1, 2017

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

The cries of the dead are terrible indeed; you should try not to hear them.

ToxicSlurpee posted:

Non-pickled beets are also sometimes hard to find. It confuses me to no end. With all the Polish and Pennsylvania Dutch people around you'd figure beets would be easy to find.

All I want is a mod challenge for you to make your own pickled beets. Be the change you want to see in the world ToxicSlurpee.

funmanguy
Apr 20, 2006

What time is it?

Fashionable Jorts posted:

Clearly you haven't worked with a French-Canadian.

I wish. I'll gladly deal with French Canadian assholeishness if it means strong coffee.

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

Jeza posted:

All I want is a mod challenge for you to make your own pickled beets. Be the change you want to see in the world ToxicSlurpee.

I make my own tater soup and haluski. That counts for something, right? Then again I can actually find the ingredients for those easily so there is no reason to belly ache about it in the thread for belly aching about stupid, minor things.

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
IM A STUPID MORON WITH AN UGLY FACE AND A BIG BUTT AND MY BUTT SMELLS AND I LIKE TO KISS MY OWN BUTT
Gravy Boat 2k
I am so loving sick of my iPhone forgetting my wifi. I leave the house and when I come back it's like "yeah there's no wifi here." WHY THE gently caress DONT YOU STORE MY WIFI IN YOUR MEMORY. I don't even realize until I look up and it's on LTE and I'm wasting my data. Goddamit this is so loving poo poo that I have to keep typing in my wifi name & password every time I come back home once I realize it's on LTE cause I look up. The OS is the problem and it's a piece of poo poo, and gently caress you apple/iPhone.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!
I forgot to charge my HR meter so it died halfway through my evening run.

dissss
Nov 10, 2007

I'm a terrible forums poster with terrible opinions.

Here's a cat fucking a squid.

Thin Privilege posted:

I am so loving sick of my iPhone forgetting my wifi. I leave the house and when I come back it's like "yeah there's no wifi here." WHY THE gently caress DONT YOU STORE MY WIFI IN YOUR MEMORY. I don't even realize until I look up and it's on LTE and I'm wasting my data. Goddamit this is so loving poo poo that I have to keep typing in my wifi name & password every time I come back home once I realize it's on LTE cause I look up. The OS is the problem and it's a piece of poo poo, and gently caress you apple/iPhone.

Don't hide your SSID - it just causes problems like this

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

A co-worker of mine is a known alcoholic. I mention it because she's been arrested for drunk driving at least once since she was hired.
Yesterday she ate my lunch when I stepped away because, "It smelled so good. I couldn't help myself!"

Upper level management won't fire her because it's soooo much of a hassle. We are paying her and also babysitting her sloshed brain every day. Oh and now she's dating a cop.

gently caress my life.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
My friend's cat fell asleep on my bluetooth keyboard and drooled in it.

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

BioEnchanted posted:

Similarly I always get annoyed with my colleagues at the call centre I work at because often they'll go drinking on the proverbial "school night" and come in the next morning feeling like poo poo after 2 hours of sleep. Then they get the nerve to whine about it. I have no sympathy for that, I don't care if it is a saturday night, your working from 7:00am-7:00pm on the following sunday, have a loving modicum of responsibility. If you have monday and tuesday as your weekend then fine, go out on monday night instead. Treat the days you ACTUALLY HAVE OFF as a weekend, don't bitch at me for trying to chat because YOU made a stupid decision and are paying for it, and if you are going to do this at least minimise the damage. Pubs sell food in england, not the best food but better than most fast food, hell I go to pubs for the food more than anything else if I feel like an elaborate hot meal. Food absorbs the alcohol (or if I'm wrong about that it at least mitigates the effects), drink water along side it to rehydrate and mitigate the hangover. Do some damage control you idiot.

It also seems foolish that most people don't bother eating during a pub crawl, they wait until 1:00am when the only things open are Fat SAms or similar restaurants that sell greasy, salty garbage tier food that not only is sub-Macdonalds quality, it's also very salty. That'll just dehydrate you more and make the hangover worse. When I went out drinking once with work friends a few years ago, I actually got food at the first pub we went to, because I was hungry and it was about 7:00. The others actually mentioned regretting not doing the same when they saw my pie. :3:

I'm gonna be honest, even as someone who is poor, doesn't drink, and has anxiety around crowds, I really do not understand why people get shitfaced over and over and over, in public too, and then complain about it??? unless you're an alcoholic what's the point of it

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Getting drunk helps you forget your troubles temporarily. You do it in public because getting drunk alone at home is the behavior of suicidal people.

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
I got a hair cut on what winds up being a windy, cold day. So my head is cold.

Helith
Nov 5, 2009

Basket of Adorables

It's nearly midnight and it's still 30c. Again.
This summer has been too hot and too humid. gently caress hot and sticky nights.
I want my head to feel cold.
Mind you, come July when I'm shivering and huddled up in the cold I'll be wishing for the heat again.
Never happy.

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

A vase to face encounter.

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

Helith posted:

This summer has been too hot and too humid. gently caress hot and sticky nights.
Mind you, come July when I'm shivering and huddled up in the cold I'll be wishing for the heat again.
Never happy.

:smith::hf::australia:

E: Except for the days where it's inexplicably rainy in the summer, including an almost historic storm. :iiam:

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
IM A STUPID MORON WITH AN UGLY FACE AND A BIG BUTT AND MY BUTT SMELLS AND I LIKE TO KISS MY OWN BUTT
Gravy Boat 2k
These people are still randomly having spurts of hammer drilling. Like ok it's not at 2/3am anymore (or maybe I'm just sleeping through that since I'm now used to it) but it's still, randomly throughout the day, 10 seconds of BBZZZZZGGGGRRRHHHHGGHG.

These people must have 500 holes in their walls.

spudsbuckley
Aug 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

(and can't post for 5 years!)

Thin Privilege posted:

These people are still randomly having spurts of hammer drilling. Like ok it's not at 2/3am anymore (or maybe I'm just sleeping through that since I'm now used to it) but it's still, randomly throughout the day, 10 seconds of BBZZZZZGGGGRRRHHHHGGHG.

These people must have 500 holes in their walls.

I have new neighbors in the apartment next to me and i have a similar problem. The last couple that lived there may a well have been ghosts and i could never hear them moving around. The only time they ever made any real noise was when they had a blazing shouting argument one Saturday night.

The new folks that moved in? They must literally run everywhere between rooms in the apartment. I can hear every loving footstep because they seem to be absolutely pelting around the place all the time. I'm convinced they just jump up and down on the spot as well sometimes. It's not like this is happening late at night or too early in the morning but it is loving constant throughout the day.

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.

spudsbuckley posted:

I have new neighbors in the apartment next to me and i have a similar problem. The last couple that lived there may a well have been ghosts and i could never hear them moving around. The only time they ever made any real noise was when they had a blazing shouting argument one Saturday night.

The new folks that moved in? They must literally run everywhere between rooms in the apartment. I can hear every loving footstep because they seem to be absolutely pelting around the place all the time. I'm convinced they just jump up and down on the spot as well sometimes. It's not like this is happening late at night or too early in the morning but it is loving constant throughout the day.

Are they cats? Cats tend to dart all over the place randomly.

Intoluene
Jul 6, 2011

Activating self-destruct sequence!
Fun Shoe

Helith posted:

Never happy.

I spent my entire afternoon asleep under a ceiling fan, now I don't want to sleep.

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
My gym (that I Iove in part because it has legitimate shower bathrooms that are nice and spacious) has instituted a rule where you can't use more than one towel.

This annoys me because I like using one towel to dry myself off, and another on the floor outside the shower to dry my feet off and calm the irrational oh God I'm going to slip and fall stepping out of the shower fear I've always had, even though it's never happened and the floors aren't slippery at all.

So either I'm going to either cheat and probably get chastised, or start bringing an extra towel.

Leave
Feb 7, 2012

Taking the term "Koopaling" to a whole new level since 2016.

MisterBibs posted:

My gym (that I Iove in part because it has legitimate shower bathrooms that are nice and spacious) has instituted a rule where you can't use more than one towel.

This annoys me because I like using one towel to dry myself off, and another on the floor outside the shower to dry my feet off and calm the irrational oh God I'm going to slip and fall stepping out of the shower fear I've always had, even though it's never happened and the floors aren't slippery at all.

So either I'm going to either cheat and probably get chastised, or start bringing an extra towel.

Get some flip flops?

FluxFaun
Apr 7, 2010

I have a craving for peanuts but I cannot get any.

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
Gravy Boat 2k
Today on the bus some old guy started randomly chatting up two ladies next to him talking about his surgery where "they stuck tubes up [his] urethra" and "stuck a rod up [his] butt." And something about his groin. He didn't seem schizophrenic or crazy, just really nice and chatty :shrug:

He looked like Roger Waters but with Einstein's haircut.

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug
I got invited to a happy hour thing with other tech nerds. I'm going to go because that's the sort of thing that tends to benefit your career. People can't offer you a job if they don't even know you exist.

But that means I have to leave my apartment and actually talk to people.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
The other night I couldn't sleep so I was browsing SA on my phone and a hornet the size of a forefinger flew in to my room and crash landed into my face. I crushed it and I had to wash my pillow and sheet where I punched a hornet to death.

Also, I'm eating soupy beans and beef chili with a fork.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer
Mom and I had a fight about foster kittens. In short, were burned out and need a break.

Now I have an awesome dinner I am not hungry for, and my Sprite has gone flat because I have no interest in it.

At work, the new guy got a flat tire. Rather than tow him to our usual repair shop, he was told to take it to the closest one, so now he's 40 minutes from the base and has been waiting for the new tire for about 3 hours. Because of this, all our usual route work went crazy, and the shop won't touch his backup camera issue, but another shop will, when it's something we can fix ourselves with some goddamn glue. So tomorrow I have to go in early to deal with this, and today I came in an hour early to drop another driver off at his van, because he picked a poo poo location to get an oil change at, and picked the busiest day of the week to take a 2 hour break waiting for his van, which again, hosed up everyone's routes for a few hours.

Cowslips Warren has a new favorite as of 03:40 on Feb 8, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!
My favourite type of underpants has been discontinued by the company that was making it :negative: