Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Unmature
May 9, 2008

Haledjian posted:

I never got around to watching these videos, but I watched this and now I'm blowing through the rest. This is a really great channel :D

Thank you so much! I'm trying to keep it to weekly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.
Also wound up watching the channel. I was really impressed with the quality, as most channels I catch early have shaky mic/editing/scripting issues. You done this before?

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin
My phone wallpaper is bestpaper

Build-a-Boar
Feb 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Unmature posted:

I made a video about what a dick John K is and one of the dickiest things he ever did: https://youtu.be/TCK-4S7EHbA

Love the vids, wish you got more views. Also John K is a turd.

e: ^^ bara scar

Shadow Hog
Feb 23, 2014

Scar got fat after Mufasa died, I guess.

Not like anyone else around Pride Rock did.

EDIT: Off-topic a bit, but did Blockbuster Video (the subforum, not the store) vanish? Wasn't aware it was doing that badly.

Shadow Hog fucked around with this message at 08:59 on Jan 30, 2017

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin
Scar is pleasantly chunky

The subforum - My bad, I didn't post there enough.

Going into Moana round 2 now :3:

starkebn
May 18, 2004

"Oooh, got a little too serious. You okay there, little buddy?"

Shadow Hog posted:

EDIT: Off-topic a bit, but did Blockbuster Video (the subforum, not the store) vanish? Wasn't aware it was doing that badly.

It got moved to the main list

Unmature
May 9, 2008
Thanks for the nice words, everyone!

Das Boo posted:

Also wound up watching the channel. I was really impressed with the quality, as most channels I catch early have shaky mic/editing/scripting issues. You done this before?

The Genie video is the first video essay I ever made. I pretty much started the channel to teach myself video editing and practice VO.

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.
You naturally-talented rear end in a top hat. Keep it up! :argh:

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin
Inner Workings had lots of little things that annoyed me the second time around.

His lungs and heart only start working when he wakes up for the day? That's a pretty severe case of sleep apnoea! And it's ok with everyone that he peed in the ocean through his workclothes then went back to work in them? :barf:

The visual style doesn't appeal to me much. I probably won't ever watch the short film once I have the Moana blu-ray.

---

Moana is still a near-flawless movie for me though :) My friends really liked it too!

Things I can't wait to examine in still-frame on blu-ray: background details during "Where You Are" (such as what the pig is doing), the intricacies of the Kakamora boats.

I still really want a shark-head Maui figurine or plush.

The Deleter
May 22, 2010
Holy poo poo I just watched a bunch of the 2016 Mickey Mouse shorts and my mouth was dropped wide open for about 90℅ of Bad Ear Day. I can't believe how fun and inventive and different those things are.

Yoshi Jjang
Oct 5, 2011

renard renard renarnd renrard

renard

I remember lizard Maui being my favorite transformation. He's got the best face. :smug:

I can't find any pictures of it, sadly.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW

The Deleter posted:

Holy poo poo I just watched a bunch of the 2016 Mickey Mouse shorts and my mouth was dropped wide open for about 90℅ of Bad Ear Day. I can't believe how fun and inventive and different those things are.

I has no idea these shorts existed until today, they're great.

ThermoPhysical
Dec 26, 2007

Hedrigall posted:

My phone wallpaper is bestpaper

I know the artist of this! He's cool beans. :3

He needs to draw more though!

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin

ThermoPhysical posted:

I know the artist of this! He's cool beans. :3

He needs to draw more though!

Ooh do you know him know him? Or just follow him on the things? Anyway yes he really should. His work is definitely great inspiration for my own third-rate character design aspirations.

ThermoPhysical
Dec 26, 2007

Hedrigall posted:

Ooh do you know him know him? Or just follow him on the things? Anyway yes he really should. His work is definitely great inspiration for my own third-rate character design aspirations.

Yah, I know him know him. We used to chat a bunch a few years ago until we just sorta drifted apart as people tend to do.

You should show your art!

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin
Nope, there's too many good actual artists in this thread :S

Shadow Hog
Feb 23, 2014

I don't see too much fanart being posted here to make that judgment call myself.

Some might call that a blessing, though. Keeps the focus on discussing the movie du jour instead of fanart thereof.

Spatula City
Oct 21, 2010

LET ME EXPLAIN TO YOU WHY YOU ARE WRONG ABOUT EVERYTHING
I saw Moana on Friday, finally. It's...better that Zootopia, by a significant margin, and I liked Zootopia a lot. I can see why some people have a problem with it - it takes forever to get off the island. A script guru would be flipping out at this. But it works for the movie, I think. Great songs! How Far I'll Go is a deserving Oscar nominee, and I wish it would beat one of the La La Land songs, but it won't. :smith:

Shadow Hog
Feb 23, 2014

I dunno that I'd say it's better than Zootopia personally, but it was up there.

I kind of wish they weren't both 2016 releases so they wouldn't be competing with one another, but here we are.

ThermoPhysical
Dec 26, 2007

Disney's got some emoji things called MyMoji from Funko. Still no Zootopia things in it.

But there's a Stitch one.

They also have Marvel ones so I got Rocket, Groot, and Black Panther. I only really wanted Rocket, but BP feels like him in the blind bag and you can't have Rocket without Groot.

Speaking of Stitch, I rewatched Lilo and Stitch a few days ago. It has a lot of adult jokes that I didn't get on the first watch. It's quite wonderful.

Though, I also read an article about how Hawaiians don't like Lilo and Stitch because it was the first portrayal of a Hawaiian in a Disney movie and Disney went with a "broken" family as the theme that was also quite poor. They apparently pushed the movie really hard in Hawaii though.

Moana, however, did a LOT better. Except people thought that Maui was made fat to appeal to a wider audience. Except, if you know anatomy, he's not. He's just really muscular and barrel-chested.

Hedrigall posted:

Nope, there's too many good actual artists in this thread :S

I would say PM them to me but I don't have those yet. :v:

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

ThermoPhysical posted:

Moana, however, did a LOT better. Except people thought that Maui was made fat to appeal to a wider audience. Except, if you know anatomy, he's not. He's just really muscular and barrel-chested.

To be fair, I think Maui was the first Disney cartoon character to look less like a hyperbolic caricature of an idealized human being than the actor playing them.

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin

ThermoPhysical posted:

Speaking of Stitch, I rewatched Lilo and Stitch a few days ago. It has a lot of adult jokes that I didn't get on the first watch. It's quite wonderful.

Gawrsh, another to add to my rewatch list!

ThermoPhysical posted:

I would say PM them to me but I don't have those yet. :v:

Well that's silly of you. You could DM me on twitter (@hedrigall) if you twit

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin
Talking of blind bag stuff btw, I got a few more Disney ones recently because I'm loving worst and got Moana, shark!Maui, Bellwether and a second Clawhauser :3:

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.
I really like Maui's character design. I love the blockiness of it, how his face kinda looks like a pug and how his hair is better than Moana's. Just really strong stuff there, excellently reinforced and balanced. I wish, I wish animation would take more risks like that with protagonists, where the design isn't a beautiful human on its own merit but the charisma makes it charming as all gently caress. We usually only get that with villains. Which is why Ursula and Hades are infinitely more fun to watch than their protagonist counterparts.
I can at least appreciate it when I can find imperfections in the main character's design, like Coraline's crooked nose and Norman's baggy eyes. I also like that Rapunzel has really prominent front teeth. Just ever so slightly buck. :3:

Pixeltendo
Mar 2, 2012

ThermoPhysical posted:

Except people thought that Maui was made fat to appeal to a wider audience.

I hope this was international because it got me to chuckle. :3:

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
Everyone I know, including my best friend, keeps saying how good the new Beauty and the Beast looks and like I have to believe this is all some big elaborate troll on me as a person at this point. This is why donald trump won I think

Unmature
May 9, 2008

The Deleter posted:

They're SO GOOD. Watch 'em all! They're chock full of super obscure Disney history refs and have tons of Disney ducks including Scrooge, the nephews, and Ludwig Von Drake. I pray that Oswald will show up in one some day.

Neon Noodle
Nov 11, 2016

there's nothing wrong here in montana

Macaluso posted:

Everyone I know, including my best friend, keeps saying how good the new Beauty and the Beast looks and like I have to believe this is all some big elaborate troll on me as a person at this point. This is why donald trump won I think

:sever:

Boxman
Sep 27, 2004

Big fan of :frog:

The Deleter posted:

Bad Ear Day.

Does anyone remember a gag where Mickey points out that his model can't exist in real life? I feel like it almost would have had to have been in House of Mouse, but I vividly remember him making a reference to his "Magic ears" then spinning in a circle to show they never change shape.

I'm curious if this is one of those things you make up then convince yourself is real or if it's a thing. ("That's the beauty of it, it doesn't do anything!")

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.

Boxman posted:

("That's the beauty of it, it doesn't do anything!")

This bothers me so loving much.

Inkspot
Dec 3, 2013

I believe I have
an appointment.
Mr. Goongala?
Mickey Mouse Clubhouse unsettled me for too long before I realized that Mickey and Minnie's ears slide around on their heads to maintain the silhouette.

wuffles
Apr 10, 2004

Spatula City posted:

I saw Moana on Friday, finally. It's...better that Zootopia, by a significant margin, and I liked Zootopia a lot. I can see why some people have a problem with it - it takes forever to get off the island. A script guru would be flipping out at this. But it works for the movie, I think. Great songs! How Far I'll Go is a deserving Oscar nominee, and I wish it would beat one of the La La Land songs, but it won't. :smith:

I rewatched it over the weekend with the family and I enjoyed it even more on the second viewing and I think I might agree with you actually. For a movie as a whole, I think its actually the stronger film and the songs really are fantastic.

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin
Did everyone see the final trailer for B&tB? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e3Nl_TCQXuw :geno:

loving hell Ewan McGregor's fake accent is abysmal.

At this point I'm interested in only two things: seeing how they do the songs, and the remote chance of the Beast living up to the animated version (but he won't).

There's also the new Celine Dion song which my boyfriend is excited for. :rolleyes:

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin
Also, Daniel Radcliffe as a farting corpse is also a better evolution of a Harry Potter child actor's talent than Emma Watson's milquetoast performance. She's just playing Hermione still

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.
I like Daniel Radcliffe in weird / viscerally unpleasant roles but the trailers just made Swiss Army Man look juvenile and tiring.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Macaluso posted:

A True Jar Jar Fan
Nov 3, 2003

Primadonna

Swiss Army Man was great and Radcliffe's hilarious.

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin
I thought historians agreed that Donald Trump became president because female Ghostbusters happened.

...oh poo poo, what's going to happen next, now that they're doing an all female Ocean's movie :stonk:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Nerds don't care about the Ocean's series, it's fine.