Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

The call is coming from inside Dr. House
Grimey Drawer
Austin too

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

That's really bad. Like, REALLY bad.

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

Dear lord his wrists are starting to overgrow his hands :barf:

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

I don't even understand why you would photoshop his upper arms off.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

ugh, the backwards hands

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Ol Cactus Dick posted:

ugh, the backwards hands

He even did the Ben dance for us.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

So while trying to not to hurl my dinner up after seeing Blesnick, I went to check on how Lando was doing at PAX

https://twitter.com/discolando/status/825591681684795392

Oh a game cool let's go check it out.

From the steam page:

Gunman Taco Truck was designed by Donovan Brathwaite-Romero when he was 9 years old. The game idea was so good that his parents, John and Brenda Romero, decided to make its development a family project. Over 2 years and lots of fun have gone into making Gunman Taco Truck an unforgettable experience, and the realization of Donovan's dream of making a video game. Donovan has been learning how to code for the past 3 years.

Ok... so a 9 year old and his parents made a full game in 2 years.

So what in the holy hell has Crobberts been doing for the past 5 years, with 300+ people and 140+ million US dollars?

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Even the past is only an estimate.

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016

lol @ the 6min mark - the (WE STOLE THIS FROM TOP GEAR) subheader

It's not plagiarism it's an homage as we are now legally compelled to inform you :razz:

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

Sappo569 posted:

So what in the holy hell has Crobberts been doing for the past 5 years, with 300+ people and 140+ million US dollars?
lmao what could the secret sauce be???

http://venturebeat.com/2015/03/23/a-10-year-old-designs-gunman-taco-truck-with-help-from-legendary-gaming-parents/ posted:

Any proceeds will go toward Donovan’s college fund, and the title will ship with his hand-drawn design doc.

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016

Sappo569 posted:

So while trying to not to hurl my dinner up after seeing Blesnick, I went to check on how Lando was doing at PAX

https://twitter.com/discolando/status/825591681684795392

Oh a game cool let's go check it out.

From the steam page:

Gunman Taco Truck was designed by Donovan Brathwaite-Romero when he was 9 years old. The game idea was so good that his parents, John and Brenda Romero, decided to make its development a family project. Over 2 years and lots of fun have gone into making Gunman Taco Truck an unforgettable experience, and the realization of Donovan's dream of making a video game. Donovan has been learning how to code for the past 3 years.

I'm guessing that's John Romero John Romero? But yeah, zero excuse for CGI/RSI/dozen+ shell companies

tooterfish
Jul 13, 2013

the dictionary posted:

estimation

1. an educated or informed guess.

Clown Incompetent Games posted:

estimation

1. some complete bullshit made up on the spot with no basis in reality. You might as well throw darts at a loving board while blindfolded, you'll get more accurate assessment on the state of things that way.

Sillybones
Aug 10, 2013

go away,
spooky skeleton,
go away

Oh, god. I was looking for this specific video a little while ago but couldn't remember enough to find it. Thank you so much!

tooterfish
Jul 13, 2013

Also, I'm really upset my tanto joke was upstaged by PGabz.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

cool new Polack jokes posted:

I'm guessing that's John Romero John Romero? But yeah, zero excuse for CGI/RSI/dozen+ shell companies
It's not only John Romero John Romero, but his wife Brenda Brathwaite who was also in the business. Kid has a loving games pedigree.

Xaerael
Aug 25, 2010

Marching Powder is objectively the worst poster known. He also needs to learn how a keyboard works.

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

Ghostlight posted:

It's not only John Romero John Romero, but his wife Brenda Brathwaite who was also in the business. Kid has a loving games pedigree.

So by that yard stick, Chris' kids should have made 2 Star Citizen games by now

nnnotime
Sep 30, 2001

Hesitate, and you will be lost.

cool new Polack jokes posted:

Yes, that's _the_ Romero. Say what you want about the guy's past follies, but he is still capable of delivering playable products.

Last year he released a brand new level for Doom, e1m8b. Here is a video he made discussing the design concepts and doing a walk-through. I played through the level using -FAST monsters and it was pretty good.

https://vimeo.com/theromero/review/156288044/2ad02ce556

Keep in mind Romero didn't have to do this. Making game levels, even these old WADs takes a lot of work, including the extra time spent having issues with bugs in the level design tools screwing up the work (I've built a complete WAD just one time, and never again since it was a hassle).

Sillybones
Aug 10, 2013

go away,
spooky skeleton,
go away

D_Smart posted:

Maybe they should stop attacking dissenting backers?

The stats are horrific https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/about/traffic/

No clue.

I've read it and seen it true many times, the old thing of social media as it is called now and how there are 1% posters and the rest are lurkers. It still makes my mind boggle. That means 100 people abouts read my useless loving posts.

It also means, I guess, that each post of dissent on the reddit there is possibly influencing the views of many, many people, which is comforting.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1%25_rule_(Internet_culture)

Sillybones
Aug 10, 2013

go away,
spooky skeleton,
go away

spacetoaster posted:

That's really bad. Like, REALLY bad.

Can't not see his elbows as baby butts. This sickening and heartbreaking cruel man has sacrificed the padded comfort of a portable seat for two poor humans and surgically attached them to his flesh heap. The limits of the mass he could put on was not caloric, or cardiovascular, but measured in surface area. Each year, thousands are torturously skinned and added to his swelling mass, in a hideous affront to god.

The complete implications of these sickening truths are still not fully known.

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

Sillybones posted:

I've read it and seen it true many times, the old thing of social media as it is called now and how there are 1% posters and the rest are lurkers. It still makes my mind boggle. That means 100 people abouts read my useless loving posts.

It also means, I guess, that each post of dissent on the reddit there is possibly influencing the views of many, many people, which is comforting.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1%25_rule_(Internet_culture)

That's okay, because I am a member of the top 1% of SOME group! Even shitposters works for me!

:justpost:!

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

Sillybones posted:

Can't not see his elbows as baby butts. This sickening and heartbreaking cruel man has sacrificed the padded comfort of a portable seat for two poor humans and surgically attached them to his flesh heap. The limits of the mass he could put on was not caloric, or cardiovascular, but measured in surface area. Each year, thousands are torturously skinned and added to his swelling mass, in a hideous affront to god.

The complete implications of these sickening truths are still not fully known.

Quickly! We need an invigilation team!

No, we DON'T need them back when they are done. Trying to keep my distance from Ben.

Big K of Justice
Nov 27, 2005

Anyone seen my ball joints?

TheAgent posted:

Austin too

Well.. Texas has fubar worker protections and not real OT unlike California.

I've seen this move before.. move staff to contractors. However.. it's odd since California doesn't require severance pay for staff employees, so I wonder if there was a severance option in the original contracts they're trying to get people out of before they lay them off eventually.

Raskolnikov
Nov 25, 2003

VVV bobblehead in case it isn't clear VVV

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Glad they cut down on the cringe

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
I really want a Gunman Taco Truck shirt.

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Big K of Justice posted:

Well.. Texas has fubar worker protections and not real OT unlike California.

I've seen this move before.. move staff to contractors. However.. it's odd since California doesn't require severance pay for staff employees, so I wonder if there was a severance option in the original contracts they're trying to get people out of before they lay them off eventually.

whatever it's for I bet it's real classy and not a poo poo move

Kosumo
Apr 9, 2016

Tijuana Bibliophile posted:

whatever it's for I bet it's real classy and not a poo poo move

+42

Tinfoil Papercut
Jul 27, 2016

by Athanatos

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

Tinfoil Papercut
Jul 27, 2016

by Athanatos
What kind of sicko would want their investment back?

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Just a chill dude non-angrily engaging strangers in polite discussion

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Tinfoil Papercut posted:

What kind of sicko would want their investment back?

Reading poo poo like him kinda makes me wish I had an investment I could demand refunded

Tinfoil Papercut
Jul 27, 2016

by Athanatos

Reading poo poo like him kinda makes me wish I had an investment I could demand refunded

Yeah, I didn't read that. Thanks for the pointless copy-pasting though. You must spend a lot of time on :reddit:, bring it on cock.

Sillybones
Aug 10, 2013

go away,
spooky skeleton,
go away

Just a chill dude non-angrily engaging strangers in polite discussion

derek-smart-reddit is leaking.

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y5A1_mxrtFw&t=22s

Orions Lord
May 21, 2012
I assume there is no news at the moment?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Tinfoil Papercut posted:

Yeah, I didn't read that. Thanks for the pointless copy-pasting though. You must spend a lot of time on :reddit:, bring it on cock.

rude imo