Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

ImpAtom posted:

I saw it coming because they kinda waved every single flag in the world.

It really is sort of weird how like 2 dudes are the source of every single bad thing in the universe these days.

Art imitates life :smugdon:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Bloody Pom posted:

Art imitates life :smugdon:

Touche.

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
im the other dude :twisted:

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

ImpAtom posted:

I saw it coming because they kinda waved every single flag in the world.

That's kind of the default for Iron Blooded Orphans, though. Everyone's got all the death flags a single person can carry flying all the time. (Again, Takaki).

It's not a matter of "if" so much as "when". And this was assumed to be a cooldown episode.

Also, she just got a kit, was the only Turbine in the OP, and the arc seemed to be doing the delay round, where characters split up for a few episodes so the survivor can tear up when the other dies with nothing they can do. I figured that Azee was the one who was going to die when they split up.

Needless to say, I figured wrong.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

chiasaur11 posted:

That's kind of the default for Iron Blooded Orphans, though. Everyone's got all the death flags a single person can carry flying all the time. (Again, Takaki).

It's not a matter of "if" so much as "when". And this was assumed to be a cooldown episode.

Also, she just got a kit, was the only Turbine in the OP, and the arc seemed to be doing the delay round, where characters split up for a few episodes so the survivor can tear up when the other dies with nothing they can do. I figured that Azee was the one who was going to die when they split up.

It's always the one who doesn't walk off, because then the other person should never have left them alone! :qq:

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

chiasaur11 posted:

Yeah I was thinking the same thing. The kit and new mobile suit also made me think it was unlikely.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
I think this show is proving that death flags mean nothing.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Hunt11 posted:

I think this show is proving that death flags mean nothing.

I'd say the opposite. Almost every blatant set of death flags is followed by either a death or what might as well be a death, with like two exceptions.

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

At least she'll be back with Naze and Amida in Gunpla Valhalla. :unsmith:

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."

chiasaur11 posted:

That's kind of the default for Iron Blooded Orphans, though. Everyone's got all the death flags a single person can carry flying all the time.

The Something Awful Forums > The Finer Arts > ADTRW > Mobile Suit Gundam: Iron-Blooded Orphans II - RAISE YOUR (death) FLAG

Diabetes Forecast
Aug 13, 2008

Droopy Only
I'll say that the death actually caught me off guard, even when i noticed there was a dude casually walking by the window of the store. He just seemed like a normal 'oh hey background person walking by'
Then you realize this show rarely ever has background characters walk by in scenes.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
It's just a little reverse of how they're treated. Amida was a support commander for most of the show, goes out in a blaze of glory in battle.

Lafter is lauded as arguably one of the best pilots in the solar system as she teaches and beats almost everyone at Tekkadan, dies to a mob shoot-by.

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
Welp time for the Jovian space mafia to get murdered.

The Sandman
Jun 23, 2013

Okay!

So, I've, like, designed a really sweet attack plan that I'm calling Attack Plan Ded Moroz, like "Deadmau5!"

WUB!
Just watched the episode.

Mari Okada is a loving monster. :argh:

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Iok is voiced by the guy that dubs Joffrey for japanese game of thrones. Huh.

Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

Oh god why does it burn?!

Tae posted:

Iok is voiced by the guy that dubs Joffrey for japanese game of thrones. Huh.

Oddly appropriate from what I know of Game of Thrones and Joffrey in particular.

The Sandman
Jun 23, 2013

Okay!

So, I've, like, designed a really sweet attack plan that I'm calling Attack Plan Ded Moroz, like "Deadmau5!"

WUB!
Anyway, things I noticed: I think that's the first time Orga's been alone at that viewport when he was contemplating something.

I would not be at all surprised if Mika doesn't know how babies are made.

The whole scene with him stuck on the floor and the baby crawling up to say hi with him using his only working limb to administer headpats just reinforces the gap between what he wants from the future and what he's likely to have.

Also, Orga would not take it well at all if he knew (or figures out) that his show of restraint and maturity at the funeral was explicitly what got Lafter killed. It'll get worse if more Turbines die when Mika likely blows up Saisei next week. Either way, when Teiwaz dies Orga will probably have to bring the surviving Turbines under Tekkadan's umbrella, which is just going to add more stress to what he has to deal with.

The character whose position I'm wondering about now is Nobliss Gordon. We haven't heard from the fat man in quite a while, and it seems like he should be relevant again pretty soon.

Now, question is, who does Iok go after next, Takaki or Biscuit's sisters?

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

I'm pretty sure that if Iok kills Cookie and Cracker people from this thread will literally will themselves into the anime to murder him.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

The Sandman posted:

Anyway, things I noticed: I think that's the first time Orga's been alone at that viewport when he was contemplating something.

I would not be at all surprised if Mika doesn't know how babies are made.

The whole scene with him stuck on the floor and the baby crawling up to say hi with him using his only working limb to administer headpats just reinforces the gap between what he wants from the future and what he's likely to have.

Also, Orga would not take it well at all if he knew (or figures out) that his show of restraint and maturity at the funeral was explicitly what got Lafter killed. It'll get worse if more Turbines die when Mika likely blows up Saisei next week. Either way, when Teiwaz dies Orga will probably have to bring the surviving Turbines under Tekkadan's umbrella, which is just going to add more stress to what he has to deal with.

The character whose position I'm wondering about now is Nobliss Gordon. We haven't heard from the fat man in quite a while, and it seems like he should be relevant again pretty soon.

Now, question is, who does Iok go after next, Takaki or Biscuit's sisters?

Kudelia's the other big player we haven't heard much from in a while. Which is pretty relevant because she's now basically the only person in the solar system who can save Tekkadan (and, for that matter, everyone else).

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Assuming the teiwaz civil war is done in the next two episodes, that's 7 left to do what the else with Rustal I guess which is still plenty of time.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

ImpAtom posted:

I'm pretty sure that if Iok kills Cookie and Cracker people from this thread will literally will themselves into the anime to murder him.

I think the correct term is work on him.

Edit: I forget the name of the guy who does the episode drawings for the show, but the new one is up. As you can probably guess it is quite sad. (I found it on safebooru but unsure about posting the link due to some of the images on the site)

Hunt11 fucked around with this message at 02:10 on Jan 31, 2017

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

Just rehost it on imgur or something.

Gyra_Solune
Apr 24, 2014

Kyun kyun
Kyun kyun
Watashi no kare wa louse

Cao Ni Ma posted:

They've already started production or preproduction for the next gundam and I doubt its going to be another IBO. Bandai would probably have a reason to keep using IBOs inner frames for the models but a third season would be pushing it.

I can't imagine a third season, but maybe Bandai will keep selling models from the Gekko side-story

i hope so, because i want a model of the Triaina

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW

ImpAtom posted:

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
OK, seriously, what the gently caress is the point of this?

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Guy Goodbody posted:

It's the blade tail from the mobile armor. It's so he can gently caress up people hands free.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

It's the blade tail from the mobile armor. It's so he can gently caress up people hands free.

I meant the little arms coming off the elbows

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Guy Goodbody posted:

Grabbing thing the tail pulls in or the like? Maybe to help grab the mace that's bigger than the mech itself is? I don't know, man.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
I think Guy means the little arms, which is a very good question. The only thing I can think of is they're meant to help brace some kind of bigass cannon slung under an arm, or help carry/equip the new mace in some way.

Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

Probably just an easier mounting system for carrying extra equipment. We've also already seen Mika use the subarms on the back of the suit, the ones in those white pods beside the tail, to cave in at least one cockpit block. Having extra arms for mounting equipment and giving Mika new and strange ways to murder unsuspecting fools seems justification enough.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Zebulon posted:

Probably just an easier mounting system for carrying extra equipment. We've also already seen Mika use the subarms on the back of the suit, the ones in those white pods beside the tail, to cave in at least one cockpit block. Having extra arms for mounting equipment and giving Mika new and strange ways to murder unsuspecting fools seems justification enough.

I appreciate how devoted Mika is to using every part of his MS for murders. While some pilots just pick one move and use it over and over, Mikazuki keeps you on your toes. Will he kill you with a gun? A mace? A kali-ma special? There's no way to know until he tries.

Never a dull moment.

Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

chiasaur11 posted:

I appreciate how devoted Mika is to using every part of his MS for murders. While some pilots just pick one move and use it over and over, Mikazuki keeps you on your toes. Will he kill you with a gun? A mace? A kali-ma special? There's no way to know until he tries.

Never a dull moment.

I look forward to how Mika ends up using the pilebunkers the Lupus Rex apparently has in its heels. You know that'll be a fun one.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

chiasaur11 posted:

Never a dull moment.

Personally I want to see him headbutt something to death with the Lupus Rex.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

I hope that Mika launches in the Lupus Rex and discovers that Lafter's death has changed him and adopts a completely non-lethal fighting style.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
Atra. :3:

Luminaflare
Sep 23, 2010

No one man
should have all that
POWER BEYOND MEASURE

Guy Goodbody posted:

For holding the maces while he rips things apart with his claws. The suit designers are fed up of him losing them and having to replace the maces. :v:

ImpAtom posted:

I hope that Mika launches in the Lupus Rex and discovers that Lafter's death has changed him and adopts a completely non-lethal fighting style.

As long has he keeps his brutally efficient fighting style I'd be ok with that. The mental image of all the mobile suit torsos floating around after a fight is amusing.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
Just tell him that wounds heal but emotional wounds never do and then you are all set. I am sure Mika would enjoy ripping off every limb that Iok's suit has and then using him as a soccer ball until Iok has a mental breakdown.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

ImpAtom posted:

I learned by watching House that its never Lupus that kills people so this makes sense.

Luminaflare
Sep 23, 2010

No one man
should have all that
POWER BEYOND MEASURE

Orga: Ok Mika, don't kill anyone.

Mika: Just don't crush the cockpit right?:black101:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Guy Goodbody posted:

It's actually pretty simple. As we all know, the Barbatos's backpack has until now been a thruster flanked by two hard points for storing weapons (which are mounted on hidden sub-arms to easily place the weapons in the suit's hands). On the Rex, though, that's changed - the backpack is now a wire-guided, rocket-propelled stinger flanked by a pair of thrusters. That means that the mace is now stowed like this:

Notice how there are no longer any convenient sub-arms with which to draw it. That's where the ones mounted in the forearms come in.

• Locked thread