Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

BrokenKnees posted:

I vaguely remember seeing something that IW's deal with Activision guarantees them as a permanent CoD dev. Though the same article/video also questioned if being moved to working only on remasters and support/dlc for other CoD games would count under the deal.

Mobile CoD is still CoD too... :unsmigghh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

I believe I am now no longer in the presence of nice people.

Oh yeah, so apparently IW and Activision did us a solid and released DLC 1 for Infinite Warfare literally three hours before midnight.

That said, go play that new Rave map that has zombies. Take drugs. Be Kevin Smith. Take more drugs. Do the Zombies In Spaceland quest because that carries over to the rave. Take even more drugs. Punch zombies in the face. Take EVEN MORE DRUGS.

The point is, take drugs.

Kizurue
Apr 5, 2006

There's somethin' fishy goin' on here...

widespread posted:

The point is, take drugs.

The Methadone Man lives!

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

DLc downloading right now. Can't wait for a fragmented player base!

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

Kizurue posted:

The Methadone Man lives!

Wouldn't you know it, six hours later, and the main quest is beat for the map. Some people are just dedicated, I guess.

But the steps are... pretty light? I mean, they're just find some pictures and Jason Mewes' possessed skull, plonk it down near a fire, take drugs, shoot body parts, and then go back to Kevin Smith who lives in a cabin just outside the campsite.

Unfortunately, you have to kill Kevin for he turns into the boss of this map. He is also a sorta-puzzle boss. But on the bright side, after you do so, you can input Right, Left, Left, Down, Down, Right at the main menu to get your very own custom Kevin Smith combat rig for one match of Zombies.

Seems more doable than the drills the Seti-Com defenses since there is no RNG-based objectives or things that require the enchanted crossbows, Or spawns that require liberal use of explosives and equipment.

Wazzit
Jul 16, 2004

Who wants to play video games?
What do the teens like these days?! Get Kevin Smith! He's groovy!

https://www.twitch.tv/infinityward

Live stream going with some great commentary by Silent Bob himself.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

That Rave Vision reminds me of the blacklight scene in Batman Forever.

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

Mister Macys posted:

That Rave Vision reminds me of the blacklight scene in Batman Forever.

Unsurprisingly, there be fairies to point stuff out to you.

Wazzit posted:

What do the teens like these days?! Get Kevin Smith! He's groovy!

https://www.twitch.tv/infinityward

Live stream going with some great commentary by Silent Bob himself.

90s kids will get this etc

Gordon Shumway
Jan 21, 2008

Mill Village posted:

Did IW say if the dlc is going to be integrated into all playlists or not?

On past form, I wouldn't like to bet on it. They kept saying they would every time they released a DLC pack with Ghosts, but then it inevitably wouldn't make the rotation until the successive DLC pack arrived.

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

We just engaged in the most magnificent sandbagging I've seen in a long time. Cap one dom point first round, let them win 100-50. Multi-cap second round. Pubbies stay, because gg close almost a tie.

We finished a match 200-200, 5/6 players on the other team stayed, all horrendously negative. Next match we were down ~40 points in the second half and came back to win 200-199, all 5 of the players from the first game stayed to the end, all even more horrendously negative.

Our pubthropology studies are paying dividends :science:

housefly
Sep 11, 2001

Good news everyone! I'm refusing to buy any DLC for this game. If you regret your purchase and want to find sweet delicious noob lobbies, then I'm your guy just kidding this game sucks and I'd rather play black ops 3.

IM DAY DAY IRL
Jul 11, 2003

Everything's fine.

Nothing to see here.

victrix posted:

We just engaged in the most magnificent sandbagging I've seen in a long time. Cap one dom point first round, let them win 100-50. Multi-cap second round. Pubbies stay, because gg close almost a tie.

We finished a match 200-200, 5/6 players on the other team stayed, all horrendously negative. Next match we were down ~40 points in the second half and came back to win 200-199, all 5 of the players from the first game stayed to the end, all even more horrendously negative.

Our pubthropology studies are paying dividends :science:

you see these as slight victories, i see them as deviations to the norm (of you losing to pubbies)

IM DAY DAY IRL
Jul 11, 2003

Everything's fine.

Nothing to see here.
that being said the next time i play with y'all i genuinely want to see if someone can drop a nuke but lose the match and still have the other team stay

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

Is the DLC good? How are the connections in the DLC only lobbies?

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

IM DAY DAY IRL posted:

you see these as slight victories, i see them as deviations to the norm (of you losing to pubbies)

I can't actually argue with this

(it only really works with a 5-6 man party, but that's when it's needed because otherwise the quit rate is insanely high)

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

IW reintroduced Demolition today. It has the same spawn trapping bug the mode had in MW3.

Oh and the leaderboards are already full of hackers. :downsbravo:

Godzilla07
Oct 4, 2008

Mill Village posted:

IW reintroduced Demolition today. It has the same spawn trapping bug the mode had in MW3.

Oh and the leaderboards are already full of hackers. :downsbravo:

That's a feature of Demolition, not a bug.

https://twitter.com/InfinityWard/status/827588775937179648

Save up since there will be new content soon.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

4 months.

Javes
May 6, 2012

ASK ME ABOUT APPEARING OFFLINE SO I DON'T HAVE TO TELL FRIENDS THEY'RE NOT GOOD ENOUGH FOR MY VIDEO GAME TEAM.
At this point I'm not sure why I even think winning is a possibility while playing solo.

Cracked the top 1,000 in kills :woop:

edit: I guess someone gave me a new avatar. This post couldn't be more appropriate lol.

Javes fucked around with this message at 00:02 on Feb 4, 2017

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Is there any proof the dlc for these games actually sells? Or do they just do it because gently caress you?

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

Javes posted:

At this point I'm not sure why I even think winning is a possibility while playing solo.

Been saying this for nine years.

IM DAY DAY IRL
Jul 11, 2003

Everything's fine.

Nothing to see here.

Javes posted:

edit: I guess someone gave me a new avatar. This post couldn't be more appropriate lol.

ahahaha oh lordy **boost jumps out of this thread and around a corner**

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

RBX posted:

Is there any proof the dlc for these games actually sells? Or do they just do it because gently caress you?

I guess it does because they keep doing the same DLC schedule for every COD now. I wouldn't bother buying it on the PC version.

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

So there's a new patch today.

Maybe the Smoothbore can be better due to more one-shots?

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Yo why is no one on let's play this bad game.

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

I would but my PS+ expired. Find me a cheap code somewhere and I'll play.

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

Who thought it was a good idea to nerf the UMP? It wasn't that great to begin with. This is as pointless as the Volk nerf.

Godzilla07
Oct 4, 2008

Mill Village posted:

Who thought it was a good idea to nerf the UMP? It wasn't that great to begin with. This is as pointless as the Volk nerf.

If I had to guess, IW thought it was too powerful for a sub at mid range with the aim assist buffs? It will just beat an NV4 at midrange in raw TTK even when suppressed.

Mauler Mammoth got nerfed yet again with ADS and movement speed increases, but I'm willing to bet Man-at-Arms and Quickdraw still mostly negate those nerfs. More notably, Phase Shift, Rewind and Kinetic Armor all got nerfs. Phase Shift and Rewind deserved the time increases, but boy, Armor doesn't seem that useful anymore.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

I work for a living

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

I got my code, lets go.

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

Hailstorm was right on the edge of being extremely strong, it may be now. Only caveat is the lovely mag size.

I think it's the fastest killing non one shot gun in the game, like 1000rpm one burst, faster than the r3k iirc.

gently caress YOU for the Spectacle buff long after I finished that gd challenge. Conversely, glad I just finished the M1.

Smoothbore strong

Mammoth nerf was inevitable :( Glad I've waited to spend salvage, but dunno if I'll buy it now. Depends on if its a 'yeah that's reasonable so its not a rush-capable 2 shot lmg' nerf or a 'lol gorgon' nerf.

DCM8 might be not garbagy now? Don't care, Reaver still better. Siren looks strong.

Buy SCUF futures

housefly
Sep 11, 2001

Mister Macys posted:

I work for a living

Canadians :rolleyes:

Gordon Shumway
Jan 21, 2008

Haha Infinity Ward are such idiots. They added in a bunch of new emblems that you can get through the quartermaster, but I can't see or use them. Only the quartermaster emblems that were in the game at launch are visible in my menu. :iw:

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

IW's handling of microtransactions in this game has been pitiful. They said the dlc update would fix a bunch of quartermaster camos, and they didn't fix any of the new ones.

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

Mill Village posted:

IW's handling of microtransactions in this game has been pitiful. They said the dlc update would fix a bunch of quartermaster camos, and they didn't fix any of the new ones.

Huh? Yeah they did. A bunch of the hilariously mega bad tiled texture garbage was replaced. They're not necessarily exciting, but they did update them. Like the terrible animal ones that were just at tiled picture of some leopard or whatever got replaced with leopard spots style camo etc.

More importantly they made the 'murica camo shiny tinfoil stars and stripes so it owns.

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

I guess they only updated certain ones, because I still have some that look pretty bad.

Gordon Shumway
Jan 21, 2008

I'm playing this dumb game for the double keys right now, if anyone else on Xbone wants to join me.

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

I think you're the only goon playing on Xbone.

Troutz
Apr 10, 2016
Well it's been three months since release, I've played the poo poo out of Titanfall 2, and I'm ready to get back into CoD now that I'm sure they've got all the missing features implemented and all the bugs ironed out! So how's the game doing?! Let's gooooo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

I just spent all day recaulking a bathroom and now I'm going to eat pizza drink beer and play cod.

• Locked thread