Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
RODNEY THE RACEHOR
Jan 1, 2016

i hope my friend dahmer has a happy ending
MY SHEEP GAVE BIRTH

TWIN LAMBS

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MLKQUOTEMACHINE
Oct 22, 2012

Some motherfuckers are always trying to ice-skate uphill
Yeah, sign of the end times.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Cut them open and read their entrails to see if earth will survive 4 years of Trump

RODNEY THE RACEHOR
Jan 1, 2016

they contain no entrails, only vinegar and ashes

stone cold
Feb 15, 2014

RODNEY THE RACEHOR posted:

sounds like a good year to start your vineyard up

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

I believe that means if we charge now the gods will smile upon our advance

treasured8elief
Jul 25, 2011

Salad Prong

MY SHEEP GAVE BIRTH

TWIN LAMBS

:yayclod:

RODNEY THE RACEHOR
Jan 1, 2016

there will be photos tomorrow as it's dark here now but they're black and white with whirly tails

RODNEY THE RACEHOR
Jan 1, 2016

vanya looks so peaceful right now, i wish we were all dogs and politics was an alien concept

MLKQUOTEMACHINE
Oct 22, 2012

Some motherfuckers are always trying to ice-skate uphill

vanya looks so peaceful right now, i wish we were all dogs and politics was an alien concept

im sure we'd find some way to gently caress up being dogs

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good

Volkerball posted:

It owns thoroughly.

i gave it every chance and had to close the window half way through. it isn't even bad enough to be interesting

MY SHEEP GAVE BIRTH

TWIN LAMBS

i'll get the mint jelly ready

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

Martha Stewart Undying posted:

im sure we'd find some way to gently caress up being dogs

A long time ago two kids got raised by a she-wolf and well just look what happened

Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

The Highest Judge of Paradise
Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU

Like my potato chips

Ghost of Reagan Past
Oct 7, 2003

rock and roll fun

Vulpes Vvardenfell posted:

Just got through talking with a terrible idiot of a friend. Tells me my concerns over current events are "nonsense" and tells me that politics have never affected him and never will. Goes on to tell me that he "hates politics because people take it so seriously". There's really no way to get through to these people are there?
In the Age of Trump, indifference is fascist collaborationism.

Ghost of Reagan Past
Oct 7, 2003

rock and roll fun
I don't know what's worse

People who voted for Trump because EMAILS!! or people who voted for Trump because they wanted to stick it to the liberals!!

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
people who voted for trump to bring back jobs

Submarine Sandpaper
May 27, 2007

People who voted for Trump after saying they wouldn't in polls. Cowardly

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

people who voted for trump to bring back jobs is a loving idiot he's dead there's no coming back from that

beside he's an immigrant

Ghost of Reagan Past
Oct 7, 2003

rock and roll fun

The Muppets On PCP posted:

people who voted for trump to bring back jobs
Ooh, good one.

What about those that knew Trump is a fascist, didn't like that, and voted Trump anyway.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Ghost of Reagan Past posted:

Ooh, good one.

What about those that knew Trump is a fascist, didn't like that, and voted Trump anyway.

https://twitter.com/cavalorn/status/654934442549620736?lang=en

Ghost of Reagan Past
Oct 7, 2003

rock and roll fun
It's almost as if elections have consequences!

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

It's almost as if elections have consequences!

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/w...d=facebook-post

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011
people that voted for trump because Of Course He's Going to Pivot You Gullible Leftist

Ghost of Reagan Past
Oct 7, 2003

rock and roll fun

Tiler Kiwi posted:

people that voted for trump because Of Course He's Going to Pivot You Gullible Leftist
Well, he did pivot

ever more rightward...~

pangstrom
Jan 25, 2003

Wedge Regret
I think the most galling thing I saw a FB friend post after the election was this:

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

david frum is a shitbird but that's hardly news

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
the worst people are so-called serious liberals tut-tutting and admonishing the left for purity tests

"pssh, you silly child, we have to compromise with people we don't like or we won't win!"

*drives the democratic party to their weakest point since the 1860s*

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS
Considering that Hillary called over half the electorate deplorable and refused to even be in the same state as angry poors, I do not think she killed the party by being too nice to her opponents actually.

pangstrom
Jan 25, 2003

Wedge Regret
Not that this distinction matters much in national political narratives but she called a quarter of the electorate deplorable (half of Trump's half).

Ghost of Reagan Past
Oct 7, 2003

rock and roll fun
She undercounted. And also should've just called them fascist bootlickers

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS

pangstrom posted:

Not that this distinction matters much in national political narratives but she called a quarter of the electorate deplorable (half of Trump's half).

You are right. I was mentally already in 2020, after Trump passes the Voting Right Adjustment Act.

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Randler posted:

Considering that Hillary called over half the electorate deplorable and refused to even be in the same state as angry poors, I do not think she killed the party by being too nice to her opponents actually.

She was too nice to the people who should have been her opponents (Wall Street, neocons), and not nice enough to those who should have been her friends.

She undercounted. And also should've just called them fascist bootlickers

That too.

stone cold
Feb 15, 2014

pangstrom posted:

which is wrong, they're all deplorable

also, half of trump's half would be 12.5%, less than 25% of registered voters voted for him

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

The Muppets On PCP posted:

david frum is a shitbird but that's hardly news

I don't think Frum voted for Trump. (could be wrong) People like Chaffetz, though...they need to be tarred for loving ever.

R. Mute
Jul 27, 2011

pangstrom
Jan 25, 2003

Wedge Regret

Majorian posted:

She was too nice to the people who should have been her opponents (Wall Street, neocons), and not nice enough to those who should have been her friends.
That too.
I don't disagree, but my feeling-in-retrospect is that her "actually the country is already great" posture was exactly the wrong one for a cycle in which voters are baying at the moon. And just being Hillary Clinton is a bad place to be in that cycle, too. But, you know, she is who she is, sometimes I almost feel like it's like being mad at the mouse for eating the cheese.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
from the bowels of hell came the cry "its her turn"

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Jesus Christ, just GIS-ed this.:smith:

pangstrom posted:

I don't disagree, but my feeling-in-retrospect is that her "actually the country is already great" posture was exactly the wrong one for a cycle in which voters are baying at the moon. And just being Hillary Clinton is a bad place to be in that cycle, too. But, you know, she is who she is, sometimes I almost feel like it's like being mad at the mouse for eating the cheese.

Probably a fair assessment. I think part of what drives me most crazy about her and her team's strategic failures is, she only had to make a couple more minor adjustments to probably eke out a win.

Raskolnikov38 posted:

from the bowels of hell came the cry "its her turn"

"And the seventh angel poured forth his bowl into the air, and a voice cried out from Heaven, saying, 'YAAAAAAAS~'..."

Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

The Highest Judge of Paradise
Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU

Per the Trump administration our fear of Muslim children is justified

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

R. Mute
Jul 27, 2011

If I told you I cut off a head after an operation, explaining that I got caught up in the moment, went over the line one time — you’d have sympathy for me.

reading about seal team six now

• Locked thread