Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Torrent
Apr 18, 2003
" . . . "
Good news! WizKids is heading back to Gen-Con this year!

It's going to be pretty pared down. The current plan is to do battle royales, but no tournaments, and we'll be selling the con purchasables out of some other company's booth. Still, it's better than nothing... Origins is okay, but Gen-Con is the convention for me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.
Great news as far as I'm concerned. Origins sucks on toast and I like Battle Royales more than anything else anyway.

Morand
Apr 16, 2004

1: Start New Game
2: Start New Game
3: Start New Game

:aaa:
As I am not going to any cons this year it doesn't make any difference to me but it's good to know that the relationship has been mended somewhat.

Side note, today was the Kevin Bacon game. Figures only, minimum 6 figures on your team. Each figure added to your team must be connected to the previous one by a keyword and you can't use the same keyword twice.

I did the Gotham City Underworld.

JW Penguin has Gotham Coty with
JW Deadshot who was 80 points so not to break theme has suicide squad with
FL Harley Quinn at 50 who has Scientist with
WF Lex/Joker Duo at 200 who has Gotham City Underworld with
JW Mr. Freeze who has Armor with
JW Firefly who has Arkham Asylum with
JW Two Face

I've wanted to play that Penguin and Mr. Freeze for awhile now and it took me awhile to find a keyword combo that could make this work. Basically I make Penguins for Mastermind Fodder. Lex and Joker are the hammer but everyone on the team is capable of dealing damage in their own way.

Round 1 versus Hodgepodge
OP Kit Firestorm
OP Kit Green Arrow
SLOSH FF Lex Luthor
SLOSH FF Solomon Grundy
WF Beetle
WF Booster

I won map and chose the premium cargo ship map because I thought I could do sidestep games with the blocking. That never worked, all it did was get me energy exploded twice but Lex and Jokers high defense prevented them from getting hit once, first one did hit though and I had to MM to a penguin. Two face healed it right back up though and then Lex and Joker KO'd Booster and Firestorm with a duo while Mr. Freeze gave Grundy fits. Eventually it was just his Lex versus his whole team and that was that.

Round 2 versus a "Fun" team

Shuma Gorath at his low value
UXM Scarlet Witch
SFOSM Mephisto at full
CW Grand Prize Spider-Man
The Spider Woman who becomes a Mystic.
GOTG Mole Man

The thing that pissed me off the most about this team is the guy playing it loves to rant and rave when someone plays when someone plays something with a piece they "Don't need". Which is vaguely defined as anything that he thinks is cheesy. Perplexing up an attacker? They don't need that. Playing a taxi with the ninja turtles? They don't need that. Then he does this but it's ok because he's just having fun.

Anyway I won map and chose Guys bar from war of light. I counted out his movement and 5 square punch range and made sure I was one square out of it. He moved Shuma down 9 carrying mole man. Spider-Man moved next to him and the rest of the team moved down. Mephisto perplexed Shuma's defense to 19. I had one real shot at killing the drat thing and I took it. Perplexed Lex and Joker to a 7 damage. Sidestepped up and took a psyblast shot. 11 V 19. Cue literally every single prob that could be used being used. Shuma Prob, Harley Prob, Two-Face Prob because a roll had a 2 and 4 of my six theme probs. It was the very last theme prob I could possibly do that I broke through with boxcars for a crit and Shuma was oneshot. That was game as his entire team was built to be Shuma support. He moved Mephisto right into my face and he died to concentrated fire thanks to Mr. Freeze's ice wall giving him a -2 defense and basically negating those 19 regen clicks at the end. Julia and Spider-Man came down and while spidey was almost impossible to hurt with his senses, Harley's poison was his undoing though.

In the end I wiped his team and lost nothing but some penguins.

Round 3 versus Avengers
UXM Scarlet Witch
AOU Movie Scarlet Witch
CW She-Hulk
NFAOS Hulk at his lower value
IIM Iron Man at 150
UXM Beast

I lost map roll and ended up on the Bridge because Andy loves it so.

First Round was positioning with Beast charging a wall to give AOU Witch a place to hide. I sidestep up into hindering while popping out a penguin. Andy clears. I perplex up Lex and Joker to a 10 range, sidestep, outwit Defense on IM and duo attack him to death. Sidestep again behind a wall. Beast comes up and outwits something on everyone including stealth on deadshot so that AOU Witch could shoot him. She Hulk and Regular Hulk also move up. Lex and Joker using Superman enemy copied by Harley to outwit beasts outwit and defense and duo him to death. Rest of team clears. She hulk charges Lex and Joker with a heavy but it gets masterminded to a penguin. Hulk then utterly smashes deadshot. She hulk gets poisoned and punched. Hulk gets his defense outwitted and Firefly hits the 9 he needs to smack hulk to his stop click and light him on fire. Lex and Joker clear. Hulk doesn't take any fire damage because he rolled for invincible. The witches move up with UXM blocking LOF from Lex to Hulk. Lex and Joker duo and kill UXM and She Hulk. Mr. Freeze psyblasts hulk who rolls a 1 and is KO'd. AOU Witch moves up and is duo'd for the win.

If you've never played Lex and Joker you really should try them. They make any team they are on so much better.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.
TMNT3 Fast Forces Preview (Part 1): http://wizkids.com/heroclix/2017/01/23/tmnt-heroclix-shredders-return-fast-forces-part-i/

Is it me, or is the flavor text getting lazy as poo poo? Or maybe the TMNT stuff is just not a priority, what with the repetition in the third set.

Red fucked around with this message at 18:14 on Jan 23, 2017

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005
Eh there's only so much you can do. Most of those are just kinda ho hum terms for whatever the power is. You still get some fun stuff like the Riddlers power names in the JW fast forces set.

Really looking forward to these starters later in the year, getting a PAC, double sided map and a bloody rulebook again finally.

Sanschel
Aug 9, 2002

They also announced the other Con LEs for the year:

For the first time ever, HeroClix players will have the opportunity to win:
* 2017 DC Comics HeroClix: Plastic Man Con LE Prize Figure
* 2017 DC Comics HeroClix: Zeus Con LE Prize Figure
* 2017 Marvel HeroClix: Spider-Carnage Con LE Prize Figure
* 2017 ‪TMNT‬ HeroClix: Cyber Shredder Con LE Prize Figure
* 2017 DC Comics HeroClix: Penguin B Con LE Bystander Token
* 2017 DC Comics HeroClix: Penguin C Con LE Bystander Token
* 2017 Marvel HeroClix: Rockabilly MODOK Con LE Bystander Token
* 2017 Marvel HeroClix: Dropbear Con LE Bystander Token
* 2017 Marvel HeroClix: Homicide Crab Con LE Bystander Token
* 2017 Marvel HeroClix: Rocket Raccoon Con LE Bystander Token
* 2017 Marvel HeroClix: Squirrel/Squirrel Man Con LE Bystander Token

On top of that, HeroClix players will now be able to purchase:
* DC Comics HeroClix: Superman vs. Muhammad Ali Con LE Set*
* DC Comics HeroClix: Colossal Sinestro Throwback Con LE Figure
* DC Comics HeroClix: Doomsday Con LE Figure**
* Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles HeroClix: Bebop and Rocksteady Con LE Figure

I'm happy to see WizKids is kind of going to be at GenCon; I can't go this year but hopefully they'll still be there next year if I can swing it. Regardless I may need to throw money at some kindly goon for some of those for purchase LEs (to say nothing of shelling out for Plastic Man if this one isn't poo poo).

Morand posted:

If its not too late for your event. I like this team the best.

I liked that one a lot too, the game was rescheduled for tonight so I'm bringing that for one game and this for the other:

Freedom Force
Avalanche
Crimson Commando
UXM Mystique
Spider-Woman
Stonewall
Super Sabre

It's a bumper car team to just shove people into the death wave all day long.

Sanschel fucked around with this message at 19:32 on Jan 24, 2017

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.
LE Bystander Tokens to replace pog effects are a very cool idea (I guess they got sick of modders and poker chip printers eating their lunch), but I really hope they're a participation prize or something, because otherwise that's gonna be one gently caress of a booby prize.

Torrent
Apr 18, 2003
" . . . "

CapnAndy posted:

LE Bystander Tokens to replace pog effects are a very cool idea (I guess they got sick of modders and poker chip printers eating their lunch), but I really hope they're a participation prize or something, because otherwise that's gonna be one gently caress of a booby prize.

I believe that we'll be handing out the bystander tokens in the same way that we did the ID cards last year - top half of side event players getting LEs, bottom half getting bystander tokens, and then battle royales being one LE and three bystanders.

Also, apparently my Joker's Wild event is scheduled for Origins. This is news to me! Guess I'll need to get to work on the deck...

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

Man, we get a Spider-Carnage before getting a proper Ben Reilly Spider-Man. Boo.

That said, I hope Muhammad Ali's dial is the greatest of all time.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Sanschel posted:

On top of that, HeroClix players will now be able to purchase:
* DC Comics HeroClix: Superman vs. Muhammad Ali Con LE Set*
* DC Comics HeroClix: Colossal Sinestro Throwback Con LE Figure
* DC Comics HeroClix: Doomsday Con LE Figure**
* Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles HeroClix: Bebop and Rocksteady Con LE Figure

I kind of want all of those. I can't make it to any convention, though.

If that Bebop/Rocksteady piece is based on the 87 toon or the arcade game, that's going to be a must-have.

Morand
Apr 16, 2004

Today was 500 points you could use resources if you wanted to. I had the absolute worst choice lock for this event. I really wanted to do an all Bizarro team but I couldn't make it work even with a resource. I was going to use a power battery with an Axe, Boxing Glove, Scissors, etc. Basically anything that would let the cheap guys have a shot at doing damage. Eventually scrapped the whole thing and scrapped using a resource and decided to go with Spider-Verse

SFOSM SR Spider-Man
Old Man Spider
Spider-Punk
Spider Man Noir
Spider Knight
Deadpool Black Cat (For defenders TA)

Basically a glorified defend chain with lots of mobility and offense.

Round 1 versus Mystical.

Exodia the Forbidden One at his lower value
OP Strange at 150
Mephisto at 45
Wong from an older set that I can't recall

I lost map and we were on Odym.

The fact that exodia can be outwit saved me. We danced around a bit and I KO'd Wong with a spider HSS. Exodia broke his bonds and shot spidey to his last click after outwitting my perplex. Made it a point to focus fire on exodia but could hit and he pulsed the whole team for 1, KOing spider man. Spider punk went after Strange and Mephisto to get rid of perplex. Nailed mephisto for KO but not Strange. Strange hit punk and exodia finished him off but I was finally able to hit exodia and once he was off that 19 and pulse the hits just kept on coming. Noir having outwit really made the difference. Never saw him hit any strongest monster clicks. Came down to Strange versus the rest and even though he made a ton of shape change rolls, eventually I got him.

1-0

Round 2 versus TMNT Villains

Cartoon Shredder
Cartoon Bebop
Cartoon Rocksteady
Alopex
Irma at full
Alpha One
2 Thugs
Squirrelanoid
Omega Drive

I lost map and ended up on the negative zone prison map. He was trying to set up a killbox and I was trying not to get pulled into a killbox. He moved down into a corner. I moved up with old map spider carrying the crew while spider picked up an ultra heavy. He moved his goons to block my hyper routes to alpha one. I blew up a wall with noir and opened a new lame and KO'd alpha one. From here, every roll was turning up spider men. Opponent rolled 3 straight ones to try and pick up the omega drove. I one shot rocksteady by rolling a 6 twice on a blades roll. Just all the rolls went my way and while he did knock old man spider to his last click that was the most damage he did. Just ridiculous rolls

Round 3 versus the Secret Society of Super Villains.

Vandal Savage at his lower level
Count Vertigo
Fiddler
Shade at his lower level
Prime Cheetah

I won map and chose the qward armory map because it was the first map I pulled out of my bag. He miscounted my swing and it cost him vandal to and outwit and ultra heavy strike from spider man. From there I picked off his pieces one by one, without the vandal boost he had a very hard time hitting me.

So for a team I kinda threw together it turned out to do very well. Letting spider knight share his amazing defense while also giving out ESD basically makes you immune to range attacks. I've played against that SR Spiderman so many times, it was nice to run him too.

Posigniat
May 31, 2011

I'm doing an interesting event here in a week. Two teams, two characters each starting at 200 points and finishing with 300 points. For the first team I'm thinking of going with staple Mary Marvel and adding enchantress at the 50 point line. Not sure what I want to do for the 300, Gipsy Danger has a lot of damage and a unique ability but it could fall fast to two characters like Mary Marvel. Thoughts?

Morand
Apr 16, 2004

Posigniat posted:

I'm doing an interesting event here in a week. Two teams, two characters each starting at 200 points and finishing with 300 points. For the first team I'm thinking of going with staple Mary Marvel and adding enchantress at the 50 point line. Not sure what I want to do for the 300, Gipsy Danger has a lot of damage and a unique ability but it could fall fast to two characters like Mary Marvel. Thoughts?

I'm kinda confused by this event. Do you bring in the 300 point team once the 200 point one is KO'd? Does the 300 point team HAVE to be one figure?

Different note, apparently summertime is gonna be utterly packed with clix as they've announced a new Thor Set

quote:

Marvel Heroclix Mighty Thor booster brick
(new solicit)
The Mighty Thor calls down the lightning in his triumphant return to Marvel HeroClix! Discover new characters, weapons, and more in this colossal booster release!

Marvel HeroClix: The Mighty Thor storms onto the scene with new ways to equip powerful weapons, and plenty of characters we haven’t seen in HeroClix in a while! This set features many Asgardian allies like Sif, Balder, and The Warrior’s Three, in addition to many classic Thor villains including Loki, Skurge, The Enchantress, and Hela. Longstanding HeroClix favorite The Incredible Hulk returns, alongside Throg and Thorbuster Iron Man.

And with the return of Colossal Super Boosters in this set, look for large friends like Groot, and monstrous foes like Surtur to command the battlefield. Build new teams with sub-themes including Asgardians, Avengers, Eternals, Serpent Society, and Masters of Evil.

For the first time ever in HeroClix - Asgardians and their enemies will have the Legendary Wielder trait, allowing them to utilize their signature weapons and artifacts. If they fall in battle, beware your opponent equipping the weapon that you brought to the game!

Each booster brick contains 8 standard 5-figure boosters as well as 1 Super booster. Each Super booster contains a Colossal HeroClix figure, and an object that can be used on a force without a Legendary Wielder!

The Marvel HeroClix: The Mighty Thor Booster Set has over 70 new figures to collect:

16 Common figures (plus one Prime)
16 Uncommon figures (plus one Prime)
16 Rare figures (plus one Prime)
12 Super Rare figures (plus one Prime)
8 Chase figures
8 Colossal figures
24 Weapon Objects (included with select figures in 5-Figure Boosters and Super Boosters)

Additional products are Mighty Thor Starter Set, Dice and Token pack and OP kit with 3 copies of a Special Object.

starter -The Marvel HeroClix: The Mighty Thor Starter Set includes six iconic figures with all-new dials and a brand-new 3D object! This Starter Set features the Avengers Prime team of Thor, Captain America, and Iron Man, joining together to take on all challengers! Other Avengers allies like Hulk and Hercules can join forces against Thor’s mischievous adoptive brother, Loki.

And while theres no official confirmation Pat Yapaco is being as subtle as a brick about Beta Ray Bill being in the set so I am guessing that was his second champ choice.

Kinda intrigued by the weapons. More equipment, or will we get a return to relics and roll for worthiness?

Posigniat
May 31, 2011

Morand posted:

I'm kinda confused by this event. Do you bring in the 300 point team once the 200 point one is KO'd? Does the 300 point team HAVE to be one figure?

Apologies, you start with one duo team at 200 points and win or lose your next match is a duo team at 300 points.

Morand
Apr 16, 2004

Ah.

Well Mary and enchantress are fine for 200.

For 300 I'd avoid similar one giant piece and one smaller piece builds. Jaegers look great, but will fall to a decent 2 man team.

I'm a big fan of Lex and Joker from World's Finest. You could do them at 200 and SLOSH Bizarro at 100. You'd have 2 outwits, perplex, and the capability for major damage with duo attack, plus Bizarro with HSS follow ups and being the best MM fodder for Lex and Joker

Morand fucked around with this message at 20:11 on Jan 31, 2017

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Morand posted:

And while theres no official confirmation Pat Yapaco is being as subtle as a brick about Beta Ray Bill being in the set so I am guessing that was his second champ choice.
And he's going to be a Legendary Wielder with Stormbreaker. Dude cannot keep his mouth shut, although I suppose I can't blame him.

Seymour Butts
Jun 26, 2003
I break girls in like baseball gloves
As of now, what is the cut off for modern stuff? I havent played in awhile, but I have tons of stuff from DC Legion of Superheroes to the War of Light thing. Is any of this stuff worth anything? I did sell the Butcher entity for like $140 on ebay some time back and a few of the zombies when that was a thing.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Flash is currently the oldest Modern set; we're probably due for another pruning in June, especially with the insane release schedule this summer. That doesn't mean your stuff isn't worth anything; plenty of venues (probably most of them, honestly) play Golden Age so there's still demand. It'll just be worth less than it was.

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

Anybody interested in a War of Light Gravity Feed for Dicemasters?

I've also got a GF box of SLOSH, but I almost never play the Legion of Super Heroes, so I could be part with that as well.

ManiacClown
May 30, 2002

Gone, gone, O honky man,
And rise the M.C. Etrigan!

Morand posted:

Different note, apparently summertime is gonna be utterly packed with clix as they've announced a new Thor Set

Kinda intrigued by the weapons. More equipment, or will we get a return to relics and roll for worthiness?

It's probably Relics actually using the Owner mechanic for them that they created and then only used on The One Ring. That said: Asgardians with super boosters, including motherfucking Surtur, who's sure to have sweet-rear end translucent fire coming off him like nobody's business? Beta Ray Bill and getting to have what's probably a relic of Stormbreaker? Oh, my wife and bank account will be SO pissed at me when this set drops. The anniversary sets might have to get a pass for it. My daughter will be happy with me, though, as we get to do an unboxing video for a case! I'm going to need another display shelf.

Volfogg
Dec 19, 2010

Some say she was raised by sentient birds, and that test subjects replicating her equipment were horribly broken.

All we know is she's called
The Hunter

Morand posted:

...I can't afford to get back into Clix...I can't afford to get back into Clix...

quote:

*Internal Volume Intensifies*

...I can't afford to get back into Clix...I can't afford to get back into Clix...

ManiacClown posted:

Asgardians with super boosters, including motherfucking Surtur, who's sure to have sweet-rear end translucent fire coming off him like nobody's business? Beta Ray Bill and getting to have what's probably a relic of Stormbreaker?

*Internally Screaming*

:sigh:

...I wish I could afford to get back into Clix. Money and space is at a major premium right now.

Torrent
Apr 18, 2003
" . . . "
We did a 300-point sealed with TMNT 3 last night, 5-8 boosters per person. I got super lucky, and pulled Shark Shredder, which was a big want for me, and one that I figured would be the hardest to get a hold of.

Ended up running Sharky, Space Raph, Casey, and a Kraang. Heck of a team for sealed, but I was judging, so I was just playing bye rounds. Still, that Shark is a freaking nightmare - free penetrating damage when he moves next to people, plus Charge and Sidestep to keep him moving, and giant size to make the break away rolls easier... gonna have fun with that guy.

Ultimately, the tournament was won by someone who was running Wyrm, Shredder Clone, and Space Mikey. Just too much damage that you don't have to roll for to handle, on that team.

A friend who'd owed me from the last Turtles set gave me Lord Dregg, and then I bought a gravity feed, and ended up pulling Space Leo (another huge want) and another Shark Shredder. So I'm halfway through collecting the space turtles, and have some good trade bait to try to land a Mini Shredder.

Morand
Apr 16, 2004

Torrent posted:

We did a 300-point sealed with TMNT 3 last night, 5-8 boosters per person. I got super lucky, and pulled Shark Shredder, which was a big want for me, and one that I figured would be the hardest to get a hold of.

Ended up running Sharky, Space Raph, Casey, and a Kraang. Heck of a team for sealed, but I was judging, so I was just playing bye rounds. Still, that Shark is a freaking nightmare - free penetrating damage when he moves next to people, plus Charge and Sidestep to keep him moving, and giant size to make the break away rolls easier... gonna have fun with that guy.

Ultimately, the tournament was won by someone who was running Wyrm, Shredder Clone, and Space Mikey. Just too much damage that you don't have to roll for to handle, on that team.

A friend who'd owed me from the last Turtles set gave me Lord Dregg, and then I bought a gravity feed, and ended up pulling Space Leo (another huge want) and another Shark Shredder. So I'm halfway through collecting the space turtles, and have some good trade bait to try to land a Mini Shredder.

:drat:

Yeah you should pretty easily be able to swing that Shark Shredder for any other chase. He looks really fun

Morand
Apr 16, 2004

Double posting for BEEEEEEEEEEEEEEES

http://wizkids.com/heroclix/2017/02/03/marvel-heroclix-deadpool-and-x-force-swarm/

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Is this set going to have Sketches?

Morand
Apr 16, 2004

Red posted:

Is this set going to have Sketches?

Maybe? They haven't said one way or the other.

They did preview Negasonic Teenage Warhead and she's got a black and white paintjob though.

http://wizkids.com/heroclix/2017/02/06/marvel-heroclix-deadpool-and-x-force-negasonic-teenage-warhead/

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Morand posted:

They did preview Negasonic Teenage Warhead and she's got a black and white paintjob though.

http://wizkids.com/heroclix/2017/02/06/marvel-heroclix-deadpool-and-x-force-negasonic-teenage-warhead/

Well, that's how she originally looked.

I wasn't planning on buying into this set, but if it's heavy on stuff like Swarm, I'm in like Flint.

Sanschel
Aug 9, 2002

Swarm looks dope as hell, and I'm glad he's a little pricey as a figure since that'll diminish his meta value making him probably affordable. Just for having Terror Inc and X-Statix this set is the best clix set ever, I hope I can scrounge the dough to get a CUR and some choice SRs

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Morand posted:

Boo! Do the good version of her!

Father Wendigo
Sep 28, 2005
This is, sadly, more important to me than bettering myself.

CapnAndy posted:

Boo! Do the good version of her!

They even used the comic cover with the good version!

That's what the Rare Prime is going to be isn't it? :(

Sanschel
Aug 9, 2002

So I'm the newest Scott Porter Deadpool unboxing, HeroClix's first Plansewalker was revealed: http://www.hcrealms.com/forum/showpost.php?p=8806007&postcount=1562

I think it's an interesting idea, but I wish it wasn't actually identical to the Magic mechanics. I'm also concerned about how this might affect the meta; after a refreshing few years when a huge variety of figures can have a lasting and noticeable influence on the meta game, I don't want to see it get pigeonholed to just one of a few Title characters and a pit crew, especially as resources get phased out.

Unless of course it's just a Deadpool meta joke and never seen again.

Sanschel fucked around with this message at 05:56 on Feb 14, 2017

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Sanschel posted:

Unless of course it's just a Deadpool meta joke and never seen again.
The wording's too standardized and the rules seem to expect other closed/open book effects; I'd be deeply surprised if we never saw another one again. I dunno, I like it, but I like Planeswalkers too. I think it's fittingly comic-booky enough to go "okay this guy is the main character of my team, the plot runs through him so he has plot powers, but if you kill him you totally derail my story".

Morand
Apr 16, 2004

Yeah this kinda looks like something they want to do again, that card has a lot of thought to it and seems to establish quite a few rules for future figures.

Taken on his own though, Interesting dial. He can only really heal if he attacks otherwise he's basically just mitigating the 1 damage he'd take. Still for 70 points that a pretty solid dial with interesting effects. The slo mo bullet time is one of those things you might see once ever. He's always better distracting. He's definitely priority one to KO though, you basically buy a free turn if you do.

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005
I think the fact that the rules are so crazy involved and long winded would make it a way funnier joke if they never use them again. Kind of an interesting idea but I wouldn't want to see them alot if they are a thing going forward. Maybe one or two characters per set so like Thor and Loki in the Thor set coming out later this year. Could be a good way to make the villains who basically work alone or are the big guys in massive story arcs work better in clix.

Man, thought I wouldn't want any of the chases from this Deadpool set but I definitely want D.E.A.D.P.O.O.L.

thebardyspoon fucked around with this message at 18:29 on Feb 14, 2017

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

thebardyspoon posted:

Man, thought I wouldn't want any of the chases from this Deadpool
Are you sure

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005
He's an ultra chase so I'm at peace with not getting that bad boy but yeah that's pretty cool too. D.E.A.D.P.O.O.L. will probably be a little more affordable.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Morand posted:

Yeah this kinda looks like something they want to do again, that card has a lot of thought to it and seems to establish quite a few rules for future figures.

Taken on his own though, Interesting dial. He can only really heal if he attacks otherwise he's basically just mitigating the 1 damage he'd take. Still for 70 points that a pretty solid dial with interesting effects. The slo mo bullet time is one of those things you might see once ever. He's always better distracting. He's definitely priority one to KO though, you basically buy a free turn if you do.

The point cost is insane without the wild trait(s).

It took me a minute to figure out how this works, but it seems like I'll have to expect that this DP goes apeshit on the third turn.

Torrent
Apr 18, 2003
" . . . "

Red posted:

The point cost is insane without the wild trait(s).

It took me a minute to figure out how this works, but it seems like I'll have to expect that this DP goes apeshit on the third turn.

Turn four, actually. He can't activate more than one title character ability per turn, so if he's going for the big 6-cost attack, that's three turns of the +1 ability to build up, and then he can fire it off.

I'm not really a Deadpool fan, but, man, I'm looking forward to a lot in this set!

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Torrent posted:

Turn four, actually. He can't activate more than one title character ability per turn, so if he's going for the big 6-cost attack, that's three turns of the +1 ability to build up, and then he can fire it off.

Ah, you're absolutely correct.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Volfogg
Dec 19, 2010

Some say she was raised by sentient birds, and that test subjects replicating her equipment were horribly broken.

All we know is she's called
The Hunter

thebardyspoon posted:

I think the fact that the rules are so crazy involved and long winded would make it a way funnier joke if they never use them again. Kind of an interesting idea but I wouldn't want to see them alot if they are a thing going forward. Maybe one or two characters per set so like Thor and Loki in the Thor set coming out later this year. Could be a good way to make the villains who basically work alone or are the big guys in massive story arcs work better in clix.

Yeah, with Planeswalkers Title Characters being a thing now, I can totally see a new Loki, Agent of Asgard happening. As well as either Thor, God of Thunder or The Unworthy Thor for the Odinson, or The Mighty Thor for Jane. But considering it would be the first Title Character(s) for Asgardians, it'd probably be an Odinson for Thor. I'd put money down on either Thor, God of Thunder or Simonson era The Mighty Thor as being the big Title Character for the new Thor set.

• Locked thread